Linking to external document using INCLUDETEXT field looses images

Hello, I would like to inlude the content of another Word document into my
Word document. I use the field
{ INCLUDETEXT  "path-to-external.doc"}.
It works almost fine (including styles, TOC, references). Unfortunately the
images of the external document appear only as gray boxes.
I use Word 2007.
Can you help?

Best regards
Michael

Are the images in the external document embedded or (more likely) linked?

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello, I would like to inlude the content of another Word document into my
> Word document. I use the field
> { INCLUDETEXT  "path-to-external.doc"}.
> It works almost fine (including styles, TOC, references). Unfortunately
> the
> images of the external document appear only as gray boxes.
> I use Word 2007.
> Can you help?
>
> Best regards
> Michael

0
Suzanne

New Excel Field HOWTO
Have a xls file with 400 users in it with the following fields: Employee Number, First Name, Last Name. I want to add another field which shows me LastName and first intial of the user. e.g: If user name is John Doe the new field should automatically create DoeJ. How can I make this usign excel. I have 400 users with first name and last name in seperate fields. Advise Please. Thank you sub trythis() for each c in range("c2:c400") c.offset(,1).value=c & "," & left(c.offset,-1),1) next c end sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguil...

Using lookup function
Hi, I am trying to code a spdsht that can be used to monitor diskspace across multiple servers and logical drives per server. The data acquisition is complete and i have no problems automating the collection of the data using a wmi script and feeding it into excel and generated basic time vs diskspace charts. What i want to create is a simple dashboard style chart that will show any logical drive that is below a certain threshold to provide a clear visual warning to the operator. At the moment I have a simple min() function using if() to remove servers whose free space is great than ...

How to reply to an email in a public folder, using a general email address
Hi, I'm working on a support desk which handles incoming enquiries via a public inbox which can be viewed by the whole support team. What I want to be able to do is reply to these messages using a different email address to normal (ie. changing the from address). This is very easy in Outlook Express but I'm not sure how to do this in Outlook 2000. Thanks "Charles" <cwilson@rm.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:099d01c36bbe$041773f0$a601280a@phx.gbl > Hi, > > I'm working on a support desk which handles incoming > enquiries via a public inbox whic...

use Outlook for Hotmail mangement
How do I change my default email to go to Outlook instead of the msn home page for hotmail? Any help will be appreciated. "write-mine" said in news:59ba01c3e55e$db1c5720$a401280a@phx.gbl: > How do I change my default email to go to Outlook instead > of the msn home page for hotmail? Any help will be > appreciated. What default e-mail client is listed under the Programs tab for Internet Options? -- ____________________________________________________________ *** Post replies to newsgroup. E-mail is not accepted. *** _____________________________________________________...

Dynamic report field
Hello. I would like to print a particular value in a report field based on another field value in a table. For example, if I have a table field called 'campus' and a report field called 'name', I'd like something like this: if txtCampus = 'north' print 'john doe' in txtName else if txtCampus = 'south' print 'jane doe' in txtName else print 'john smith' in txtName I'm not sure how to accomplish this. I couldn't seem to find anything on my report field properties where I would co...

use data on master worksheet for sorting #2
The data is a list of people, the projects they are working on, th completion date, who they work for, their skill set, etc. My manage wants this data sorted several different ways ie by skill set completion date and manager. Several different people will be updating the data and I don't want t rely on them to copy and paste it to the additional worksheets the sort it properly. I saw some VBA code on this site that copies from multiple sheets t one sheet. How would I copy one sheet to multiple sheets then sort th data every time it is changed -- cwjoh ----------------------------...

Newbie: New Field Question
Is there any exposure or issues adding fields to a "Live" CRM implementation? Or Is it best to do it on a "fresh" or implementation, before it goes live. Thanks You can extend the schema at any time and add new fields via the web UI at any time. The only caution would be to publish your customizations at a time when users are out of the system since you will need to do an IIS reset afterwards. Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Mike" wrote: > Is there any exposure or issues adding fields to a "Live" > CRM implementation? &g...

using a "read receipt" for emails sent through Publisher
I'm using Outlook Express to send my email newsletter. Outlook Express itself has "read receipt" functionality. However, when I attempt to send my message through Publisher, I don't see "read receipt" as an option. Ideas? Michelle "mlemblem" <mlemblem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B015970F-4DDA-4D2B-9C4A-5215E3C84814@microsoft.com... > I'm using Outlook Express to send my email newsletter. Outlook > Express > itself has "read receipt" functionality. However, when I attempt to > se...

Cannot Register Document
Windows XP Home. Dell Inspiron Laptop. MS Office 2003. I have just finished a recovery installation on my daughters laptop. Everything worked fine - including reactivating Office by telephone - however when I open any document in Word 2003 (not Excel) I get the message...: "This document could not be registered. It will not be possible to create links from other documents to this document." I have checked in Options etc but I cannot find any reference to registering. I do not know what this is. Can anyone help me with this issue? TIA for any help. Ed ...

loop using <xsl:for-each> and external javascript function
Hi, I have an xsl as below. I am trying to loop using <xsl:for-each> and in the select attribute of <xsl:for-each> i am getting the nodeset from the external javascript function in the <CDATA> section. This code works fine with MSXML4.0 parser. When I try to use .Net, it gives me error saying " The expression passed to this method should result in a NodeSet." <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999...

Document Not Saved on MS Excel file on W2K Server
I'm not so sure what newsgroup category will this issue fall. I have a file server with Windows 2000 Server SP4 OS and a WIndows NT Workstation desktops. Some of my users complain that when they will try to open an file especially excel file from the server, and when they try to save the file, its prompts for "Document Not Saved", even though that they didn't make the file idle. I have 50 desktop PC and 60 CALs for my server. Please help. Mark I'm not sure what "make the file idle" means, but when excel saves the file, it saves it as a temporary file with a...

Calculations on Form bound to a field in a table
Is possible to perform calculations in a field and have them stored in a table? For instance I have a call log form where users enter different types of calls that they recieve. the fields that they enter are bound to a table that tracks the calls. I can place formulas in the form that display the totals of the different calls. Can I have those totals bound to a field in my table? If the numbers that make up the calculation are already in the table, then you don't need to also store the total. It is redundant. When you need the calculated value, just calculate it. It is more...

Accessing fields via variable
Hi In a table I have fields like field1, field2, field3 and so on. Is there any way for me to access these fields via variable like; I =1 to 10 "field"&str(I) = "some value" next Thanks Regards See: http://www.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0003.htm and add a bookmark to: http://www.mvps.org/access HTH -- Steve S -------------------------------- "Veni, Vidi, Velcro" (I came; I saw; I stuck around.) "John" wrote: > Hi > > In a table I have fields like field1, field2, field3 and so on. Is there any > way for me to access ...

Importing Access DB into Excel changes my calculated fields in Exc
I currently have an Excel worksheet that imports data from MSAccess. I have calulated fields built into this Excel sheet that calculates info from the results that are returned. When I refreshed this new year, less data is returned and the calculated fields where there is no data returned are showing #REF!. How do I keep the calculated fields static so they don't try to change when new data is brought in and some fields are now blank? See example below. The calculated fields are Variance and Pct Change Columns Year Month Dollars1 Dollars2 Dollars3 Total Variance...

Removing Links?
Is there a global way to remove all links at one time in a workbook or do I have to manually select each linked cell and remove the link individually? Any shortcut toward the removal of links would be very helpful. Thank you. 2002 onwards - Edit / Links / Break Links 2000 previous - Download Bill Manville's FINDLINK.xla from here:- http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ...

ticker symbol already being used
In my continuing learning process I must have added a mutual fund incorrectly. Let's say the ticker is RYTRX and I didn't know the actual name of the fund and called it rytrx instead of its actual and full name. Now that I want to edit, Money refuses, stating that RYTRX is assigned to rytrx. I cannot insert the correct ticker for the correctly names fund and want to learn how to correct my mistake by finding where RYTRX and rytrx are paired, and fix the problem. Help. Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, thomasjsmith wrote: >In my continuing learning process I must have...

Word: The document 'Filename' caused a serious error the last time ...
Upon opening some previously created Word 2003 documents, users on our network are receiving the message: The document 'Filename' caused a serious error the last time it was opened. Would you like to continue opening it? At which point the document can not be opened and the user is presented with the option to pull available unformatted text from the <ocument. ... or ... Word stops responding completely and you have to end-task on Word. Searching Microsoft will tell that you can remove the documents in question from the disabled list in Word. Indeed you can, but t...

couting occurence using multiple dates in single cell
Hi, I need to count the no. of meeting that took place in each month. My worksheet is January Feb to Dec column A column B Column C to Column M Column C (data) 1 name no of meeting No of meeting 2 Jack 1/1/09, 1/3/09, 2/1/09, 2/5/09, 3/1/09.4/1/09 3 Peter 2/1/09, 3/1/09,3/15/09 4 Paul 3/1/09, 4/1/09, 4/2/09 is there a way to count the ...

Calculate field with input from different table
Hi all, I would like to calculate a value of a field in table A via a formula. However, some input for this formula contains a field in table B. To put differently, in table A I would like to set the data type of one field to "calculated" and use a field from table B within the formula. Unfortunately, Access 2007 only offers me all the fields within table A for incorporation in my formula. How can I use a field from a different table for a calculated field in another table? Best, Andreas On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 13:27:22 -0800 (PST), Andreas <andreas.vester@gmail.com&g...

Use Extender to add fields to G\L Transaction Line
I am migrating an in-house developed G\L system to Dynamics GP (GP). Our G\L system has a description of 39 characters and an extended description of 50 characters. The G\L line description within GP line items is 31 characters. Our users are very attached to the descriptive data and want me to migrate the data into GP. Below are several questions and assumptions about using Extender: 1. Can I use Extender to add a Description1 field of 39 characters and an ExtendedDescription field of 50 characters to the G\L Transaction Line table GL10001? 2. If I can add fields to GL10001, I then ...

making a field required when selecting case resolved
On the case entity, I'd like to make a few fields required only when the user select Actions>resolved. If they select to resolve, these fields would become required, but they can save the case without this data while working the case. How would I control the field requirement? Thanks ...

Using macro for page break
How can we use a macro to insert page breaks every 25th line? Please help. -- Sara Sara, If your row height is consistent, you may be able to get the same result by raising the bottom margin. File - Print Preview. Turn on the Margins button. Drag the bottom margin (the upper one at the bottom -- the other is for the footer) up until it prints only 25 rows. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Sara" <Sara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADF97304-65AE-47A7-A587-4EA7E78B1685@microso...

How do use outlook express to send email in office 2003
I upgraded my ofice xp to office 2003 and i've been using outlook express 6 for my emails.After installing office 2003 I can not send email from any office application,I can launch and put in the email address but the send button does not appear anywhere.Please help Hi Look at number 2 and post back with the result please http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/problems.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "How do use outlook express to send email" <How do use outlook express to send email@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B9F5AD1-07F3-4297-B...

Word should alow you to print from the document map
It would be really good if you could right click on a section in the document map in MS word and click print. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=0d2b2e2a-0c17-4023-9ea6-c394838fb6a6...

Using Record Count in an equation
I have a "yes/no" field called Sold. I need to track and report what percent of total solicitations sold. I thought I could use the built in sum feature which provides a record "Count(*)" for each record in a group. However, I dont know how to set up the equation as the control is called the same for each grouping. How do I either use that control or set up a calculated field to count total records and count the number of records with Sold="yes". In the Report Footer section, place a text box with this in its Control Source: = - Sum([Sold]) Th...