Linking text to style for auto update

I want to auto update figure/table number in text to that in Figure/Table
style numbers

Use Insert > Cross Reference to put the numbers into the text; they
don't update every time the numbering changes, but only when you tell
them to (Ctrl-A, F9) or when you print or switch to Print Preview.

On Dec 18, 4:05=A0pm, Taurus <Tau...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I want to auto update figure/table number in text to that in Figure/Table
> style numbers

0
Peter

Outlook Time Zone Data Update Tool
I'm not having any luck in finding more information about the Outlook Time Zone Data Update Tool and even a harder time locating the download. I've read article http://www.microsoft.com/windows/timezone/dst2007.mspx, it contains a link to the Microsoft Download Center but the tool doesn't list when you select the downloads for Outlook. I tried to do a search on MS for the "Outlook Time Zone Data Update Tool", with no luck locating the download. Does anyone know where to obtain a copy of the tool or if Microsoft has released it out to download. The MS articles state it...

Linking records to a Service Activity
Hi there Is it possible to link an Opportunity and a customised entity of Property to a Service Activity? My client needs to know what the Opportunity contains (product, qty's), and what details we hold about the Property (lift access, parking) before they schedule the service activity. Any ideas would be great. -- Many Thanks Jan_s ...

Directly link item engineering data rev level to PO entry/update
Common industry standard is to note the revision level of the item ordered on the PO... this is required for ISO. There is no direct table link from item engineering data to the PO Entry/update regarding item's current revision level. -- Steve Laurenzano K-Rain Manufacturing ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based News...

How do I set up a payroll spreadsheet will update weekly?
I am not familiar with Excel and need to know how to set up a payroll spreadsheet that uses a formula to update payroll weekly Try this Microsoft link. I think that it is probably what you need. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA010843671033.aspx -- Regards, OssieMac "torit" wrote: > I am not familiar with Excel and need to know how to set up a payroll > spreadsheet that uses a formula to update payroll weekly "torit" wrote: > I am not familiar with Excel and need to know how > to set up a payroll spreadsheet that uses a formula > to updat...

Dynamic chart not updating correctly.
Oh Wise Ones, I posted a similar question a few weeks ago, but I have more to add. I have a range (C4:C23) that dynamically pulls data from a sql server every 2 seconds and updates every 2 seconds. The problem is the chart I have attatched that graphs this range will not update even though I can see the values changing in the cells. What I have noticed since my last post, is that while I run WinXP/Excel XP, there is another station running Win2000/Excel 2000 that has a chart that updates dynamically. What gives? Thanks, Mike ...

print number of update records through sql job
I have update statement which updates column name (auditor_details) in a churn of 5000 records at a time of auditor table which contain 3.2 millions records. I have schedule this through sqljob. I'm looking over sql example to check for update records and gives a output and quit the jobs if no update records. Thanks in advance sqlnovice (sqlnovice@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > I have update statement which updates column name (auditor_details) in a > churn of 5000 records at a time of auditor table which contain 3.2 > millions records. I have schedule this...

text box #7
I have created a text box, but when I type in something, and hit enter, I get the error message "REFERENCE NOT VALID". Please help. Thank you We require some more details. Where have you created the textbox, in the sheet or a userform. Are you using the control from the Control Toolbox menu. Are there any macros you are using. Mangesh "Marlis" <Marlis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6C6C6F42-E6CB-4DEB-BB46-C8F923A343C0@microsoft.com... > I have created a text box, but when I type in something, and hit enter, I get > the error message "...

Timeout error in incident.update
I have an incident.update line in my post callout. No matter how simple the update strIncidentXml is, I always get timeout error from the server. Afterwards I changed my mind and decided to use SQL update statement to update the incidentbase table. Again I get timeout expired message (ErrorMessage: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding) What can be causing this? Why am I not being able to update incidents? Thanks in advance for your ideas. ...

Copying and pasting an Auto Shape from PowerPoint 2003 to Word 200
When copying a circular Auto Shape from a PowerPoint flow chart into a Word document using Office 2003 the paste into Word 2003 elongates that small Auto Shape into an oval roughly 5-6 inches in length. Is there anyway to retain the shape's original size when pasting into Word? It doesn't happen here. Send me your PowerPoint file at dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org and I will have a look at the issue. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted ...

Equations and Text in same Cell
I am using Excel to write a program. I would like to incorporate text within the same cell as the result of an equation but the I cannot control the number of decimal places that the output displays. I've tried using the Number tab in the Format Cell feature but nothing changes. Is there a way to control the number of decimal places when you are combining text with the results of an equation? yes. you could incorperate the round() funciton. post your formula regards FSt1 "Eric" wrote: > I am using Excel to write a program. I would like to incorporate...

Charting with concatenated numbers and text
I am scatter charting from columns of data (text and numbers) that I concatanate into a long string so that I can use the validate drop down list feature in Excel, which only supports one column. I use Mid, Left and Right functions to then pick the relevant charting data from the string. Unfortunately although the numbers look good, Excel does not treat them the same way that it does with directly entered numbers - and my charts do not display accurately. Any ideas to to fix this problem or suggest a modified workflow. I am not an advanced user but would like to use the drop down li...

Internet Update zapped by October budget
Today after I downloaded transactions from my online accounts I noticed that my October budget was gone. It was there yesterday, so the only thing I can think happened was that the "Money Update" portion of the Internet Update downloaded something that affected my October budget. Has this happened to anyone else? On the individual transactions the catagories I assigned are still there, but the information for all of October has been deleted from the budget. What do I do now? Thank you. >-----Original Message----- >Today after I downloaded transactions from my on...

Outlook 2003: My "auto suggest" email address does not work after reboot
Running Windows 7 HP 64. After I access names in the Contact list, they will be auto suggested as I start to type a letter, but if I reboot, its as if I've never done it. Never had that happened before. ??? "Hotkey" <noway@notnow.com> wrote in message news:OPqTXyHaKHA.3992@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Running Windows 7 HP 64. > > After I access names in the Contact list, they will be auto suggested as I > start to type a letter, but if I reboot, its as if I've never done it. > > Never had that happened before. This is a sighn...

Updating a Running total from a cell
Hi, I have an inventory list that I want to update the "On-Hand" field, keep the running total, from an update entry into the "this shipment" field for each inventory item. I will not be adding lines, just updating the "this shipment" cell for each product. I want it to look like this: On Hand This Shipment Running Total Product #1 5 3 8 Product #2 10 -5 5 Product #3 20 10 30 ...

How to link Subtotal results?
How do i use subtotal function results from one worksheet in anothe work sheet. I am able to work out average price of raw materals brough but would liked it automatically linked to my profit forecast and actua sales worksheet. Or is there an easier way for me to have stock control and sales dat linked -- bugg ----------------------------------------------------------------------- buggu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3666 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=56412 If you want to link to a cell you can just co...

No updates possible 80072EFE
Hello, Since a few days now, it is completely impossible for me to receive updates for Windows 7 Ultimate. I keep getting an 80072EFE error. When I try to go to the microsoft update website itself, something seems to stop me, saying "The page can not be displayed", and I have had browser issues for a few days too, ie. when I follow a link I searched on Google, I get sent to advertising websites, and, as mentioned before, something seems to block the sites which could help me sort out my problem. I have already done Malware checks with Spybot Search and Destroy, Lava...

Link File
Hi, I have a file which shows a link of another file, but actually it did not. How can I delete the link ? I don't want it to show a linking message everytime when I open the file. Thanks in advance for your help. Eling Hi goto: http://oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm and search for Findlink.zip (http://oaltd.co.uk/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink.zip) "et" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a file which shows a link of another file, but actually it did not. > How can I delete the link ? I don't want it to show a linking message > everytime when I open the fi...

Formatted Text in Autocorrect, Word 2008 for Mac
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC I want to set up an autocorrect entry where I replace something with =formatted= as opposed to =plain= text. Specifically, I want to replace "qqq" with "QQQQQ" formatted in 14 pt Britannic Bold. However, I cnanot change the signal button from "plain' to "formatted" text. is there a way to do this? Type the word you want to use to replace "qqq" and format it inside your document. Select it, then click on Tools>AutoCorrect. You can now click the "formatted text&...

Update Query ctnd:
Hello, I have tried the code from Arvin however I now get 2 paramater prompts. The 1st is for "transactions.Datefield" and the 2nd "Please enter Waiting or Pending" UPDATE transactions SET transactions.Status = "Cleared" WHERE (((transactions.datefield)<Date()-10) And ((transactions.Status)=[Please enter Waiting or Pending])); Can I run this procedure atomatically when the database opens without the prompts & user input Thanks The first prompt implies that datefield isn't the actual name of the field in your transactions table. The second prompt...

How to bookmark a link with variables?
The following link contains a date format "20100415", I would like to bookmark this link with variables, which is a string for today. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric http://orientaldaily.on.cc/cnt/news/20100415/00186_001.html variable = today in format yyyymmdd http://orientaldaily.on.cc/cnt/news/variable/00186_001.html Hi, Write a javascript bookmarklet or suggest to http://orientaldaily.on.cc/ that they add rss feeds or web slices to THEIR site. Regards. "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Auto Fill Fields
I have a database of contacts (names, addresses, phone numbers, emails). I have created a table with this info already filled out (imported from Excel). All I want to do is create a form with a single drop-down list where, when the last name is selected, all the other fields automatically populate with that person's correct information. I have tried DLookup but that seems too cumbersome and doesn't work unless I go to design view and back to form view. Is there not a simple function in Access that lets me do what I need to without having to write code. I am NOT a code writer,...

Linked Workbooks Question
Hi All, I have a workbook that links to two other workbooks. Two carry data, one does the calcs... All three workbooks are in the same directory. When I open the 'calcs' workbook, I allow macros then update links. References to cells in the data workbooks show as #value errors. If I have all three open, the 'calcs' sheet works fine. What gives ??? Thanks to the group. ...

How do you make an text box opaque?
I want to use excel spreadsheet and blank out certain parts of a already make form i believe it is called opaque. What do mean by "blank out"? What is it you want to do? HTH Otto "mcnally" <mcnally@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:55729CA5-2247-4433-B73F-0DC151E851A2@microsoft.com... >I want to use excel spreadsheet and blank out certain parts of a already >make > form > i believe it is called opaque. I have a form that I want to put a text box on it and type something over whatever under it. it keeps typing whatever is under i...

How can I stop each line of text from capitalizing the first word
When I continue typing line to line, each subsequent line capitalizes the first word even if it is not the beginning of a sentence. I know there some place to turn it off, but I can't find it. JP, Not sure about Pub but in lots of programs, if you hit enter to start a new line, the first word is capitalized. Is this what you are doing? Mike JP wrote: > When I continue typing line to line, each subsequent line capitalizes the > first word even if it is not the beginning of a sentence. I know there some > place to turn it off, but I can't find it. Tools, AutoCorrect ...

Saved text is missing from 2003 word document
When opening a saved 2003 word document the text is missing. See if the text has been inadvertently formatted as hidden or in white color. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "lpaul" <lpaul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED677478-49D2-4461-AE94-8EFBFF2CCAB9@microsoft.com... > When opening a saved 2003 word document the text is missing. ...