Is Word Converter Compatible with Server 2008??????

We have tried to install the word converter (so 2003 word can  read and save
2008 documents).  When you try to open a 2007 document, we get the error "
There was an error opening file"    We have tried on a production server and
also test server had have the same results.   Uninstall and reinstall several
times and .   Run as Administrator, everything but no luck.  Everything is
up-to-date with the lates service packs.   We would install Office 2007, but
the clients app that does merge to word is not compatible with Word 2007.

Is the word converter compatible with Server 2008 Terminal Server?

We found that you have to install the "Windows Desktop Experience" feature or
role in order to get the conveter to work on Server 2008 and Office 2003.

"RickyC" wrote:

> We have tried to install the word converter (so 2003 word can  read and save
> 2008 documents).  When you try to open a 2007 document, we get the error "
> There was an error opening file"    We have tried on a production server and
> also test server had have the same results.   Uninstall and reinstall several
> times and .   Run as Administrator, everything but no luck.  Everything is
> up-to-date with the lates service packs.   We would install Office 2007, but
> the clients app that does merge to word is not compatible with Word 2007.
>
> Is the word converter compatible with Server 2008 Terminal Server?

How do I convert a list to an Excel file?
I have a WORD file with 48 lines of comma delimited data in the form: xxx,xxxxxxx,xxxxxx,x,x,xxx,xxxxxxxxx xx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xx,x I would like to convert the WORD list to EXCEL. When I attempt to open the WORD file in EXCEL, I thought a conversion window would appear....what I actually get is "incorrect format" Hi! Save the WORD file as a plain text file. Then, when you open the file in Excel a Wizard will open and step you through it. Just select COMMA as the delimiter. Biff >-----Original Message----- >I have a WORD file with 48 lines of comma delimited data in ...

How do I Hide text in Word 2007 document?
In Word 2000 there was a "Hidden Text" command available. I can't find this in Word 2007. Select the text that you want to hide. Press Ctrl+Shift+H. If you want to make use of the Font dialog box, you can do this: On the Home tab, click the dialog launcher (the arrow at the bottom right) of the Font group. In the dialog box, select "Hidden" and click OK. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "DeccoEur" <DeccoEur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21EABE67-2970-4F80-BEEE-C59255D4E1E2@microsoft.com... > In Word 2000 ...

Change default fonts in Word 2007
I would like to change the default font, size, style etc that Word 2007 uses when I open a new document. Is this possible? If so could anybody tell me how? Thanks Yes, you can create your own theme / template. See http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HA102045501033.aspx See http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HA100307561033.aspx Yves "Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C456E186-952E-4796-98DC-A70D8FF83D8D@microsoft.com... >I would like to change the default font, size, style etc that Word 2007 >uses > when I op...

My Word 2007 Crashed Whenever I Open It 03-14-10
Whenever I open Word or click on a word file, the Word GUI opens and immediately stops responding. The file doesn't load, and none of the buttons can be pressed - I just see a word window without a document and toolbars which can't be pressed. What should I do in order to begin troubleshooting? Thanks. See the article "Problems opening Word” at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ProbsOpeningWord.htm -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, ...

Trying to filter properly with SQL
I have a view i am trying to setup that is not working: ("DAV:isfolder" = false AND "DAV:ishidden" = false) AND (("AssignmentID" IS NULL OR "AssignmentID" < 0) AND "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office#Keywords" <> 'Daily Personal') This works to show all non-project related items: ("DAV:isfolder" = false AND "DAV:ishidden" = false) AND (("AssignmentID" IS NULL OR "AssignmentID" < 0) ) and this works to show all items without the category "Daily Personal": "urn:s...

MS Word should highlight non-contiguous repeated words also
MS Word generally highlights contiguous words which are mistakenly repeated when typing. Why not extend this help facility to non-contiguous repeated words within a sentence? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/co...

w97m.thus.aa in word attachments stopping entourage from sending email
Hi, Everytime i create a word document and try to send it from entourage (all 2004 edition) I get the message that the above virus is in the document and it fails to send it. Any ideas how i can sort this out, I've already deleted the /user/username/library/preferences/microsoft/ folder and this made no difference. Thanks nick In article <1140009387.377310.45670@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, "Nick" <nickwales@gmail.com> wrote: > Everytime i create a word document and try to send it from entourage > (all 2004 edition) I get the message that the above vi...

How do I convert an entire spread sheet form inches to centimeters
I need to convert my entire spreadsheet from inches to centimeters. I found a way to convert a cell value, but is there a way to convert all the values in the spreadsheet? Hi It depends on how the information is entered. If a cell contains 9 (meaning 9 inches) you can convert this to cm by multiplying by 2.54 (ish). If all of the cells you wish to change are simply numbers like that, then you can type 2.54 into a cell, copy it, select the range of numbers, and Paste Special / Multiply. It might be that we need more information on the layout/content of your sheet. -- Andy. "Te...

Word forces Save As when Saving
I have had this happen quite a few times since using Word 2007 (Office 2007 suite) over the last 1+ years . At some point while working in a Word document, I press Ctrl-S to save and instead of saving the doc as usually happens, the Save As dialog comes up and I am forced to save the document with another name. This is very, very frustrating and completely interrupts my workflow because after saving with a new name, I have to close the document, delete the original so I can rename the saved-as doc with the right name. This seems to happen when I've been working in the sam...

Is there a list of characters that Word considers equivalent on Fi
Word's Find will find "equivalent" characters. For example, a find for straight quotes will also find curly quotes, and a find for a space will also find a non-breaking space. Where can I find a list of the characters that Word considers equivalent in this sense? Thanks. ...

How to sign in when LiveID server is down?
Running M2007. Keep on getting error that my password is incorrect, although it worked earlier this morning. I assume the ID server is down somehow, and I get a message that suggests I sign in without access to all online services. However, in M2007 I don't see any way of doing anything like that. In past versions there used to be a check box that said something about signing without online services, but I can't see it in M2007. Tried starting Money from a shortcut and from double clicking the .mny file, both with same login screen. Is there something I am missing? BTW, this wou...

Changing WinRM service/server port
Anyone know how to change the server/service port? I've created a listener, but I think I need to change the WinRM client and server to use the new port... PS C:\> Set-WSManInstance -ResourceURI winrm/config/service/DefaultPorts -Value @{HTTP="6000"} Set-WSManInstance : The WinRM client cannot process the request because it is trying to update a read-only setting. Rem ove this setting from the command and try again. At line:1 char:18 + Set-WSManInstance <<<< -ResourceURI winrm/config/service/DefaultPorts -Value @{HTTP="6000"} + Category...

SQL Server 2008 R2/Remote BLOB Storage/SharePoint 2010
We're looking into implementing SharePoint 2010 with a SQL Server 2008 R2 backend. We were also interested in using the RBS addon to get our files out of the database. We were hoping to place these files on a file server seperate from the SQL Server. In reading the docs, I have found where it says "To run RBS on a remote server, you must be running SQL Server 2008 R2 Enterprise edition". My question is, can I run SQL Server 2008 R2 Standard Edition, have RBS running on the local SQL server, but have the BLOB data stored on a remote file share using either a mapped d...

How to handle abnormal user disconnection condition from server?
I use MFC Visual C++ 4.2. I developed a simple network application to send message inter-clients and the number of clients also only a few persons ( about less than 10 persons ). I have succeeded in establishing server-client and client-server connection, sending and receiving messages from client. Now my problem are: 1. I need to send a message from a client to other client. How to know that the message I sent will be received by the correct user intended, not missed to other user? 2. How to handle the condition of unexpected user disconnection from server? E.g. : the user worksta...

how can i export all active email address on particular server
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_005C_01C6FCD5.344DB7E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable how can i export all active email address on particular server? ie. username email address abbc1 john.smith@abbco.com I have tried exporting the default address book, but there is no way to = export it. thanks ------=_NextPart_000_005C_01C6FCD5.344DB7E0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC &quo...

Adding 2nd server in an Exchange 5.5 environment
Is there an easy way to move the IMS connector from one Exchange 5.5 server to another? I recently added a new Exchange 5.5 server running on Windows 2000( No AD). Now I would like to move the IMS connector so I can remove the original mail server from the network. ( The Original server is a dog) I have just started this process and the goal is to get my old P2 system out of the network and replace it with a much faster Dual Xeon box, then upgrade the new mail server to Exchange 2000.. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... -- Dale I believe the correct process is to instal...

Exchange server lost connection to domain
Exchange will not connect to the domain. Event id 4 began occuring yesterday. Attempts to reset to connection to the domain have failed. I need to know the consequences of dis-joining and re-joining a domain with Exchange running OS Win2003 Exchange 2003 Thanks Harry In news:uqgPlJW4GHA.3740@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl, harry <mackey@musc.edu> typed: > Exchange will not connect to the domain. Event id 4 began occuring > yesterday. Attempts to reset to connection to the domain have failed. > I need to know the consequences of dis-joining and re-joining a > domain with Exchan...

Migration from SBS2003 to Full Server 2008
Hi, I currently have an old SBS 2003 (non R2) installation with extra DC's at a couple of remote sites. I want to migrate to full Server 2008R2 with Exchange 2010, and am looking for the best way of acheiving this with minimum downtime. I have considered SBS2008 and EBS 2008 but neither are appropriate for what we need. I was originally thinking of building a new environment exporting all the data copying to the new environment, then manually moving all the PC's over. This would be a big bang approach, and very labour intensive to avoid too much downtime. I ...

front end server die
How to remove the front end server, so I can have the backend server to receive the email. ...

SQL Server hotfix
I'm looking for additional information about SQL Server Hotfix 1037 or bug# 50000640. This is found at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/930484. This has to do with SQL Server going 100% every 49.7 days for 15 minutes. I have a similar issue that is happening when GetTickCount rolls over. I am not sure it is SQL Server related. What it affects is network activity on the server. The server has 6 NIC cards and is used to acquire data from various plant equipment and distribute it to display stations. When this anomoly occurrs, network packets are queues and in about 15 minutes a...

Need Excel code to work in Word
I found this spreadsheet by John Walkenbach (Excel Guru) that has code I'd like to use in Word. http://spreadsheetpage.com/index.php/tip/mail_merge_without_word 1. John's Excel file has a help button that displays a userform. 2. The userform displays directions to guide the user on how to do something in Excel. 3. The directions (text) in the userform is stored in one of the sheets in the workbook. Those are the elements I care about. A userform with text that is editable. The procedure in John's Excel file talks you through doing a mail merge in Excel without u...

Word page templates in SSRS, and creating a summary page in SSRS
Hi, I will design a SSRS report that is supposed to be dynamic pages, meaning that some pages should be displayed and some not. I was thinking in creating few template pages, and based on the configuration, provided by the database, use the appropriate page templates for each pages, seeding the information according to the provided data. Question 1: How to create page templates in SSRS, choosing the template to be used on each rendered page? Question 2: How to create an Summary (index) dynamically (rendering a word document) in SSRS? Thanks, Rob ...

check amount in words goes to second line
any idea how to modify remittance advice in report writer, so "amount in words" will automatically goes to second line when it is too long. Thank you ...

'dots' around the letters in word art
When writing in a word art box in Publisher 2003 I have 'dots' appearing, usually above, each letter which appear when printed. I'm sure I didn't have them originally and cannot see where to 'turn off' this feature. Any ideas what they are and where to control them? Thanks All WordArt shapes? What font are you using? Check out your printer driver, maybe time for an upgrade. In the View drop down, clear Boundaries and Guides, do the dots still print? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Pu...

How do I convert exel spreadsheet to works spreadsheet?
I have Microsoft XP home edition. How do I convert an Excel spreadsheet to the XP edtion "works spreadsheet? Hi works should be able to open *.xls files. In Works save them as works files afterwards -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany tareco wrote: > I have Microsoft XP home edition. How do I convert an Excel > spreadsheet to the XP edtion "works spreadsheet? If I can join this group, I saved data from the old computer that used Excel. When I tried to open it on the new computer (that uses works spreadsheet) it wouldn't open. Seems like the same q...