Is there a way to export Word Quick Styles to another computer?

Is there a way to export Word Quick Styles to another computer so you don't
have to re-creat them?

Custom Quick Style sets are stored as *.dotx files in the
%appdata%\Microsoft\QuickStyles folder. Just make a copy of the file and
paste it into that same location on the other computer.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Joe" wrote:

> Is there a way to export Word Quick Styles to another computer so you don't
> have to re-creat them?

Word 2004 formatting
For some reason Word now opens my documents in a defined space in the center of my monitor. I can enlarge the image (ie, 150%) but the defined space doesn't change size so I lose text. Changing from Normal, to Page Layout, etc doesn't fix the problem. What's wrong and how do I fix it? Many thanks! Jim When you hit the green button in the top left, what happens? When you drag the bottom right corner, what happens? On 18/2/07 1:28 PM, in article 1171765694.927622.224610@t69g2000cwt.googlegroups.com, "jb_powell@qwest.net" <jb_powell@qwest.net> wrote: > For som...

credit card trans from one to another
My wife has her own copy of money 2003 on her own computer. She downloads monthly credit card transactions and then goes through each transaction and assigns a category/subcategory. She prints out a monthly transaction report and gives it to me. I then pay it via an online bank and use split transactions to enter the category/subcategory information manually. The transaction then shows up as being a bank rather than credit card transaction in the reports. As an attempt to avoid the manual transfer of information, she exported the transactions to a gif file. I then import them to my money. On...

Rename database Object from another Database
I need to Delete a table and rename other table with the name of the deleted table. But I wan to do all this from another database using VBA Hi, you can do something like this, air code to show the idea: dim dbs as database set dbs=dbengine.opnedatabase ("c:\my.mdb") dim tdf as tabledef set tdf=dbs.tabledefs("MyTable") tdf.name="NewTableName" dbs.close and you can use TableDefs.Delete to delete table -- Best regards, ___________ Alex Dybenko (MVP) http://accessblog.net http://www.PointLtd.com "Manuelauch" <Manuelauc...

Finding the currently selected cell in another worksheet
Hi, In Excel 2002 I want to display the current row of worksheet A in worksheet B (in another format). Does anyone know how to do this? Ideal would be if this updates automatically, but performance wise I guess a macro activated by a button in worksheet A would be the best solution. TBH, Jeroen Jeroen, I don't know of a way in a formula to determine the active cell of the worksheet. Worksheets other than the active one don't have an active cell. I think macros are the only way. Put this in a regular module: Public Roww As Long Put this in the sheet A module: Private Sub W...

referencing another sheet and using auto fill
Hi there. I'm trying to create a summary sheet to summarise data from 12 sheets (jan to dec). I have 84 lines each with a member of staff and I need to produce a table with the totals of thei leave in each month. Each seperate month sheet has 84 lines and a total for each person already on it. I need to end up with something like this on the summary sheet: jan feb mar etc total peter's leave totals for month and year: 3 4 1 8 john's leave totals for month and year: 7 2 3 ...

matching words
i have data in column A of words i want to know if it is already with column B, the problem is column A does not have the exact word and i used Vlookup and it shows #NA value on column C. help please......... Please give us some examples of "does not have the exact word" Also tell us what you VLOOKUP formula is. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "xander" <xander@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D5395046-9E8C-4DAD-B059-CD3093D8238C@microsoft.com... >i have data in colu...

How do I change a flyer (word document) into a picture?
I created a flyer and I want to change it into a picture so I can upload it as a picture on facebook. How do I change the 2007 word document into a picture? This newsgroup is for Microsoft Project, a planning and scheduling application. Questions about Microsoft Word, should be published to the Word newsgroup. To address your question, try using File/Save As... and select type PDF. If the document must be an image format (such as BMP, JPG, GIG, etc) you will probably need some screen capture software such as Snag-It or the clipping tool available with Windows Vista and later. ...

Excel VBA
Hi. Is it possible to use VBA in one workbook to copy a worksheet fro another workbook into another different workbook? If so....how? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try recoding a macro while doing this manually. And yes it is possible :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "cjh1984 >" <<cjh1984.16x63k@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:cjh1984.16x63k@excelforum-nospam.com... > Hi. > > Is it possible to use VBA in one workbook to copy a worksheet from > another workbook into another different workbook? ...

Best way to change style of a table
I have a table I added via VBA like this: set oTable = ActivePresentation.Slides("mySlide").Shapes.AddTable(...) I then add some cells to it by: oTable.Cell(...).Shape.TextFrame.TextRange.Text = "some text" However, I cannot get a handle on these cells to update the font, fill, etc. What is the best way to do this? On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 21:01:01 -0500, Clifton Ivey <clifton ivey <"africom.mil>"> wrote: > I have a table I added via VBA like this: > > set oTable = ActivePresentation.Slides("mySlide").Shapes.AddTa...

easiest way to create gridlines in an Access 2003 report
Does anyone know an easy way to create gridlines in an Access 2003 report so that it resembles a spreadsheet, other than manually drawing vertical and horizontal lines? You can use the Line method of the report in its Page event. Use a loop to repeat at whatever grid size you want. Measurements are in twips, where 1440 twips = 1 inch This is how the Line method works: Me.Line (Me.ScaleTop, Me.ScaleLeft)-(Me.ScaleTop, Me.ScaleHeight), vbRed -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rathe...

How do I make my publication my background on the computer?
I made a collection of pictures in a collage form and wanted to use it as a background on computer, how do I save it in a picture form so the control panel will recognize it? Which version of Publisher are you using? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Punky" <Punky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99C939A3-824B-45E9-8F05-421BDD7DFA83@microsoft.com... >I made a collection of pictures in a collage form and wanted to use it as a > background on computer, how do I save it in a p...

Upload Form From MS word 2000
If there is anyone ot there that can help me out with this issue, I would be eternally greatful. I have created a form in ms word and I need this form added to my Website. There's only one problem. . . . I haven't the darndest idea as how to upload the stinking form!!!!!! In Desperate Times, Karl D. Ross Address this question to a word newsgroup or a html ng, not to the Microsoft CRM ng. -- Brandon IT Director Office Equipment & Supplies at http://www.presentationsdirect.com "Karl D. Ross" <diamondross1@comcast.net> wrote in message news:1fc301c352fc$9...

Keystrokes and mouse clicks to another app
Hi all, I'm managing a project that will, as part of it, require me (so I'm told) to type in 800 NI numbers. I have the numbers in a file, but they can't (or won't) upload them. I was therefore considering writing an app that will enter these numbers via their interface, by sending keystrokes and mouse clicks to their window. I'm guessing that I need to get a handle to it and then send it messages, but that's as far as I've got. I believe that the app is web-based, running in IE6. It may be more effort to do it this way, of course, but it'll be a lot more int...

word doc lost all changes

How do I move/merge an Excel file to an existing MS Word file?
How do I move/merge an Excel file to an existing MS Word file? I want to combine all data into one file under word. Hi the easiest way would be copy and paste? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Excel to Word transfer" <Excel to Word transfer@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:78E2302D-3EC5-4B69-8DEF-524411297288@microsoft.com... > How do I move/merge an Excel file to an existing MS Word file? I want to > combine all data into one file under word. ...

Condensing text values from one wksht to another
I have text data in column A of sheet one that is too lengthy. I wish to condense the data by copying JUST that data that leads up to the first space (break in the string)and copy to column A of sheet two. Example: blah,blah,blah blahhhh becomes blah,blah,blah. Is there a formula for the destination cell in sheet two that will accomplish this task, or does it require vba? If so, could someone walk me through it?? I am nearing desperation. Please help!!!! Jayceejay, In cell A1 of sheet2 fill in this formula and copy it down to A?? =LEFT(Sheet1!A1,FIND(" ",Sheet1!A1,1)-1) I ass...

Insert Word into Excel or vice versa
I have information in an excel spreadsheet that I use to collate data and then I want to be able to present this data and add to it with different paragraphs manually. The end result I am tryin to achieve is: information from excel free text paragraphs of word information from excel This can be either in excel or in word, I just want to make it work. I have it set up now in excel so that I have cells to type in, but excel is hard to manage the paragraphs and formats that I want. One idea I had was to mail merge from excel to word, but the data is all over the show so not under normal h...

Spelling/grammar error notification in Word for Mac 2004
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Is there a way to set up Word so that a sound will indicate an error as you are typing? Word is already set up that way, it will already alert you with a "bong!" if you hit an illegal keystroke. But it cannot alert you if what you type is not true, or not what you wanted, because it cannot know what you wanted to say :-) And if it were to alert me for every spelling and grammar mistayke I made, it would never shut up! So it won't do that either :-) Cheers On 1/12/09 4:50 PM, in artic...

Export from a form
I know there are several ways to programatically export, like docmd.transferspreadsheet, but I want to export data from a form. I however do not want the file button available to my users. I thought this might work DoCmd.DoMenuItem , acfilemenu, acExport, , acMenuVer70 but it did not. Basically all I want to do is have a command button act like what happens when you click file, export. I want the user to click the button, and then select the location and the format to export to. Am I on the correct track with the DoMenuItem? Nevermind, I figured it out. I guess it helps to keep rea...

I have no sound whatsoever on my computer.?
I've tried turning up my volume,downloading/updating drivers,the correct ones also,and my speakers work,I have no clue as to what my problem is,could it be possible that its processor related? because I am missing 2 pins from it "Jake_omg" <Jake_omg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD13333B-77FB-45E1-BB33-FD1B3CBCC3F2@microsoft.com... > I've tried turning up my volume,downloading/updating drivers,the correct > ones > also,and my speakers work,I have no clue as to what my problem is,could it > be > possible that its processor...

Open another program sing VBA
Hi all, I would like to open another program, (MYOB), by clicking its picture that I've pasted to a worksheet. I know how to assign a macro to the picture but I'm having difficulties in writing the macro to execute the MYOB program. Rob Hi Rob, Right-click the picture and assign a hyperlink to it. Ed Ferrero "Rob" <NA> wrote in message news:ONCsTTYMFHA.3796@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > I would like to open another program, (MYOB), by clicking its picture that > I've pasted to a worksheet. I know how to assign a macro to the picture...

Exporting Extender Data
Does anyone know which table holds the extender data? I tried searching customersource for some sort of extender table structure, but I couldn't find anything. I want to be able to export this data using crystal reports, but I just need to know how to connect to it. Try Techknowledge #899573 "ConnollyandCo" wrote: > Does anyone know which table holds the extender data? I tried searching > customersource for some sort of extender table structure, but I couldn't find > anything. I want to be able to export this data using crystal reports, but I > just n...

Word 2007 macros
I used to make macros in 2003 with the suffix of .MAIN. This allowed me to copy individual macros from one template to another, one computer to another. If I failed to use the .MAIN, I was given only the choice of NEWMACROS to copy. Of course, if the destination also had NEWMACROS, they'd be overwritten. Now I am trying to do the same with 2007. I created 4 macros with .MAIN suffix and put them on the Quick Access Toolbar (with a view to putting the same macros on three different computers). However, whichever macro I click on, they are all the same macro. If I run...

Requery one subform from another
Hi guys, I have a combobox on a subform within a subform on a tabbed control on a mainform. The content of this combo box is "Username" and determined by a username field in a users table. That users table can be appended using another subform on the mainform. Does anyone know the requery code so that if I add a record to the table, the combobox will automatically be updated so that the new record is available to select in the combo box? Tony Hiya I figured it out. I was going about it in totally the wrong way. I just stuck a Requery in the OnGotFocus event on the combobox. I ca...

How to manage a large dictionary of words?
I am looking for ideas on concise methods to store and lookup words. The plan is to include only words of 3 letters up to 8 letters in length. The obvious move is to break them out by size and build a big long string for each size, on which Instr() might be used. Then I am thinking, I only need 6 bits per letter which would allow me to pack letters together to reduce total bytes used. The key here is that I can take all day to build the list but its the lookup, finding if a user's word is present, that I want to be quick about. I'd like to include as many english wor...