Is it possible to use Latex fonts for MS Word?

I am trying to get \mathscr{D} character in MS Word (in the equation).
In Latex it require \usepackage{mathrsfs}.

Recently I discovered that it is possible to use Latin Modern Roman fonts
in MS Word and the document looks like Latex document.
Unfortunately I have to use very specific mathematical fonts.
Maybe it is possible to get these fonts somewhere?

Thank you in advance.

Probably not. You are talking about a metafont. Those are not used by
Windows at all. Actually, with the exception of TeX, I doubt they are used
anywhere at all. What you could do is see if FontForge or another font
program can convert it to a true type font or open type font. If so, you
could use the conversion result in Word.

Yves

"Andrzej" <Andrzej@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to get \mathscr{D} character in MS Word (in the equation).
> In Latex it require \usepackage{mathrsfs}.
>
> Recently I discovered that it is possible to use Latin Modern Roman fonts
> in MS Word and the document looks like Latex document.
> Unfortunately I have to use very specific mathematical fonts.
> Maybe it is possible to get these fonts somewhere?
>
> Thank you in advance.

0
Yves

type a word on the line without desturbing the line
I am using Outlook Publisher and I need to know how do I type on a line without desturbing the line. Not sure I understand. Do you want to overwrite a line of text? If you want to add a word without the line moving, use the character spacing option in the format menu. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Bermuda Mama" <Bermuda Mama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:615FB725-748E-4403-B41F-AB9CAFC19971@microsoft.com... >I am using Outlook Publisher and I need to know how do I type on a li...

Convert Publisher letterhead to Word
How do I convert my letterhead creaded in Publisher to Word or other word processing software, e.g., OpenOffice, so that I may create text in the letterhead to email to clients/customers? You may reply privately to tannj2@comcast.net if you wish. Thank you. Joe Right-click the creation, save as picture. This tutorial is perfect for what you want to do http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "JoOffice" <JoOffice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD4E5467-4F84-44B1-A46D-69C470B6B0AF@microsoft.com... > How ...

Add new record using first available non-numeric ID; update two ta
Access 2003, Windows XP Pro SP2 I have two tables, tblDed and tblVendor. tblDed contains two columns (DedID and Avail). The first column contains a list of all DedIDs allowed to be used. The second is a Yes/No choice indicating whether or not that DedID has been used already. tblVendor contains multiple columns with misc. data relevant to the Vendor. I want to create a form that will accomplish three things: 1. Use the next available unused DedID when a command button on a referring menu page (frmMenu, btnNew) is pressed. 2. Mark the now-used DedID in tblDed as "No" - no ...

Word electronic mail merge trips virus alert
When doing an electronic mail merge in Word, MS Outlook warns: "A program is trying to automatically send e-mail on your behalf. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose No" Choosing Yes begins the merge, then the merge freezes. How can get the merge to work? Using MS Outlook 2k, Word 2k and Excel 2k, running Windows 2k pro. Thanks, Mark Flynn I have "Web Info" I'm working on a solution vie: KB article: q224053 I'll let you know how it works out. Thanks, Mark Flynn "Mark Flynn" <flynn@NoSpam.uci.net&...

RFID Use with Access
I am looking to find the steps necessary to make Access ready to interface RFID information captured from passive RFID devices. I would appreciate anyone in the group sharing this how-to with me. Zachry1 <Zachry1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am looking to find the steps necessary to make Access ready to interface >RFID information captured from passive RFID devices. You should really be looking to the vendor of the RFID capture devices. They should have DLLs/OCXs which you can install and sample code. VB 6 code usually works just fine in Access. Tony -- Tony Toews...

When I insert new pages the fonts on the existing pages change
I have a 28 page document that I am trying to insert new pages into. When I insert the new pages, Publisher changes the font on all the existing pages - quite a mess. How can I avoid this?? On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 17:39:03 +0000, Jim wrote (in article <A9F6706D-208F-4FB4-BECD-70077760824A@microsoft.com>): > I have a 28 page document that I am trying to insert new pages into. When I > insert the new pages, Publisher changes the font on all the existing pages - > quite a mess. How can I avoid this?? Unlink the boxes. If the boxes are linked then the font will change globall...

Export to a Word Template
Is there any way to create a command button to take data from certain fields and insert it into a template we have made in Word? Right now we are just copying and pasting the data into the appropriate place in the Word Doc. Or is there another way to do this entirely? Basically, I want to be able to automatically create a work order using certain fields and have a file ready to send as an email with all of our template information included. Here's one example I use that works well: http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/msaccess/msaccess.html Scroll down to 'Super Easy Word Merg...

OL2003 uses 100% of CPU resources after shutdown
If leaving my computer on over night with OL2003 with Business Contact Manager (BCM) running usually results in OL2003 stop responding but maintain 100% CPU usage. Even shutting down OL2003 w/BCM does not free up the CPU, which still shows OL2003 claiming 100% CPU usage. This also prevents my computer from going into power standby mode. How do I resolve this issue? ...

COUNTIF using formatting?
Here is a basic example of what I'm trying to do: I have a list of football teams. Each week, I format the football teams that won with red font. Is there a way to find a count of those teams formatting in red and display that number in my worksheet? I know an alternate way around this would be to have a win/loss column and do a COUNTIF based on the values there. But I'm wondering if there's a way to do it based on the formatting instead of the values. Nicolle K. wrote: > Here is a basic example of what I'm trying to do: > > I have a list of football team...

Outlook 2007
Hi All I have a mail server configured on a IPv6 only machine. I would like to specify my POP3 account with these IPv6 Addresses as the Incoming mail server and SMTP server. For that in the Email Accounts i want to use IPv6 addresses. This is not working, i have also tried using the IPv6 address resolved name also, still it doesn't work. It works fine with IPv4 address and hostname. Can anyone help me solve this problem. Thanks Anilkumar Can you PING the IPv6 address? Can you use a HOSTS file to map the address to a name? <anilgkonline@gmail.com> wrote in message news:11781...

File Transfer using vb.net code
Hi, I would like to transfer/move a file from one folder to other folder in shareopint site. That needs to be done using vb.net. Could you please prove the code for that? Regards, Balu Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Dr. Dotnetsky's Cool .NET Tips and Tricks # 16 http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/960bc693-889f-46c1-9b0e-1b0a67d13ea5/dr-dotnetskys-cool-net.aspx So your asking someone on this list to do your work for you? For free? Sounds like you might want to get some consulting time. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what w...

Convert Word Table -> Excel without merged cells?
Whenver I copy/paste tables from word to excel, I get merged cells in Excel whenever there are line breaks in the word table cells. How can I avoid this? TIA Steve Saved from a previous post: If your cells in your word table contain paragraph mark or linebreak characters, then excel will bring them over as separate cells. One way around it is to convert those paragraph marks & linebreaks to unique characters, then copy|paste and then convert them back to linefeeds. I like this technique (inside a copy of the word file): Select your table. Edit|replace|Special (show More if required)...

converting firgures in words and vice versa
if i have stored a figure in one and in other cell i want to get that figure in words is it possible if yes then how as well as vice versa. Look here for one way traffic: http://xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html I've never seen it the other way around -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "nitesh" <nitesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88B02773-0F9F-4963-A284-F75D48A9DAE7@microsoft.com... | if i have stored a figure in one and in other cell i want to get that figure | in words is it possible if yes then how as well as vice versa. ...

Using Web Services To Add Leads to Marketing List
Is it possible to use web services to add leads/contacts to marketing list? I have a sales contact form that creates a lead, and I want to give those leads the option to signup for a mailing list we have. Does anyone know if this is possible? If so, know any examples? Thanks, Tareef Hi Tareef, The messages to handle list membership are AddMemberList and RemoveMemberList. They are described in the SDK documentation along with some sample code. -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx Custom Lookup D...

How to copy a missing font to publisher
I am missing the Antique Olive font in Publisher only. How do I get it back? That font was included with some HP products years ago, that is how I acquired my copy. Do you have the Antique Olive font in the font folder? If it is in the font folder it should be in Publisher's font list. Do you have a font manager? Might be it has lost its path. Aliases here http://desktoppub.about.com/cs/findafont/a/fontaliases_o.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Sharon" <Sharon@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

opening Word Perfect 11 documents in Word

AddNew fails
I have the following section of code (and several other similar ones, which all work fine): Set dbs = CurrentDb() Set qdf = dbs.QueryDefs("qryInspAccess_Current") qdf.Parameters("[CardID]") = Me.InspCardID Set rst = qdf.OpenRecordset(, dbOpenForwardOnly) Set rstSub = dbs.OpenRecordset("RWOP_DAT_InspAccess", dbOpenDynaset, dbAppendOnly) Do Until rst.EOF rstSub.AddNew rstSub!AccessID = rst!AccessItemID rstSub!InspectionID = Me.InspID rstSub.Update rst.MoveNext Loop The problem is that the .AddNew statement generates error 3022 (...

Font format of rich edit ctrl in dialogs, Help!
Hi, I have used a lot of rich edit ctrl in my dialogs (I am sorry that I haven't use edit ctrl instead) and I found one problem now. The text displayed initially in the ctrl (set by DoDataExchange()) has different font format with the text which users type in later. Any experienced people can tell me the functions to make these two font same? Otherwise I think I will have to change about 100 rich edit ctrl to edit ctrl besides a lot of codes. Thank you a lot. -- Best regards, Kelvin ...

Looking for help...I can't send e-mail using CRM web client
I'm having a problem with trying to send e-mails vie the CRM web client. When I try to send the e-mail I get a pop-up with the message in bold "Unexpected Error" "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator". I've checked the event logs, no errors are showing up in either my CRM server or my exchange server. I'm lost, new to CRM. Any help or ideas is appreciated. Thanks, You could try to add pre-windows2000 account to the administrator group on the exchange server. Some time that helps "Marty" wrote:...

auto copy and paste to another workbook by using specific titles
I am trying to get information from a row that contains a specific title to be transferred to another workbook automatically. I also need to know how to do this with the cells not matching up. Hello: Your question is vague. If you mean that when someone opens the spreadsheet, the contents of a row with a certain title is copied to another spreadsheet, then you can use the Auto_Open() event to search for the row, open the target spreadsheet, insert it, and then close the spreadsheet, saving the contents. Again, I may not be addressing your question, but again, it very gener...

Word and constant wait lock....
I can bring up Word 2007 up fine. When I try to save a document or do a file print then word will go into a wait lock and have the error message at the top of the screen that says document1 microsoft word non-commercial use (not Responding). Has anyone else had this problem? How can I fix this? I can't save anything! Thanks in advance. -- Sherry Found how to fix it... Delete the Word Data registry key Most of the frequently used options in Word are stored in the Word Data registry key. A common troubleshooting step is to delete the Word Data registry key. The next ...

time out when using outlook 2003 and ldap
I'm using outlook 2003 and I would like to use LDAP as my contact list. When checking a name I get an error saying "The Search request to the LDAP Directory server has timed out" If I use Outlook Express it works fine. Any ideas? Thanks in advance What server/service is offering LDAP support? (e.g. Active Directory, Bigfoot, .etc) <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2df401c45e0d$9e98b410$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > I'm using outlook 2003 and I would like to use LDAP as my > contact list. When checking a name I get an error > saying "...

Deadlock using CoCreateInstance and AfxLoadLibrary
Hello, I have a simple test app that starts 5-10 threads and each thread executes the below function. I consistently see deadlocks when one thread is calling CoCreate call while another thread calls AfxLoadLibrary: void CTest_app_tx4ole::OnAction2() { AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState()) CLSID clsId; CLSIDFromProgID((CComBSTR)"anyprogid", &clsId); CString sThread; sThread.Format("%d", GetCurrentThreadId()); for(int i(0); i<10000; ++i) { OutputDebugString((CString)"0 " + sThread + "\n"); HMODULE hLib = AfxLoadLibrary("c:\...

How do I set up a header in my emails that I use in publisher.
I like the "marker" format for all my business publications. I would like to permanetly export that look to my outlook express 6. But when I try to save an email from publisher as stationary it tells me it won't work because the email contains no background images. Help please ...

disappearng Word
Word 2000 made a vanishing act from my list of programs. Reinstalled Office 2000 but Word did not install. What should I do? -- ladyfish Locate winword.exe in the folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office (or one of its sub folders) and create a new shortcut to it. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <&...