Is it possible to convert a Word graphic into a .jpg file?

I want to insert the graphic into a wiki and need it to be in the .jpg
format. I am using Word 7.

If not possible, any suggestions?
Thank you!

You probably mean Word 2007.

Try selecting the graphic and copying it (CTRL+C). Open Paint and use Paste
(CTRL+V) to paste the graphic into Paint. Now you can save the graphic into
any format Paint supports.

Yves

"GECarter" <GECarter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to insert the graphic into a wiki and need it to be in the .jpg
> format. I am using Word 7.
>
> If not possible, any suggestions?
> Thank you!

0
Yves
4/21/2010 2:30:34 PM
See http://www.gmayor.com/extract_images_from_word.htm

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"GECarter" <GECarter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to insert the graphic into a wiki and need it to be in the .jpg
> format. I am using Word 7.
>
> If not possible, any suggestions?
> Thank you!

0
Graham
4/21/2010 2:41:12 PM
A real simple solution is to select the outer most edge of the image/graphic
you want to copy, right click and copy.  Go into MS Paint and create a new
file and paste.  There you can save the file as a .JPG

Ferrell

"GECarter" wrote:

> I want to insert the graphic into a wiki and need it to be in the .jpg
> format. I am using Word 7.
>
> If not possible, any suggestions?
> Thank you!
Graham,

A small remark on the link you posted. "Extract using Word 2007" only works
if the image is a real image. If it is a(n auto)shape, it will be coded
inside the document (VML and/or DrawingML) and you won't be able to find it.

Yves

"Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote in message
> See http://www.gmayor.com/extract_images_from_word.htm
>
> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>

> "GECarter" <GECarter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I want to insert the graphic into a wiki and need it to be in the .jpg
>> format. I am using Word 7.
>>
>> If not possible, any suggestions?
>> Thank you!

0
Yves
4/21/2010 3:33:45 PM
Good thinking - thanks.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Yves Dhondt" <yves.dhondt@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Graham,
>
> A small remark on the link you posted. "Extract using Word 2007" only
> works if the image is a real image. If it is a(n auto)shape, it will be
> coded inside the document (VML and/or DrawingML) and you won't be able to
> find it.
>
> Yves
>
> "Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote in message
>> See http://www.gmayor.com/extract_images_from_word.htm
>>
>> --
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>>
>> My web site www.gmayor.com
>> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>>

>> "GECarter" <GECarter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>I want to insert the graphic into a wiki and need it to be in the .jpg
>>> format. I am using Word 7.
>>>
>>> If not possible, any suggestions?
>>> Thank you!

0
Graham

Distribution Files for MFC in VS .net 2003

Word could not load the e-mail envelope
Word could not load the e-mail envelope. This could be caused by a network connection problem or a problem with your Office installation. Trying to send email from within MS word It used to work, but now is broken. Client: WinXP, Word XP & Outlook 2003 Server: Exchange 2003 David Lewis wrote: > Word could not load the e-mail envelope. This could be caused by a > network connection problem or a problem with your Office installation. > > Trying to send email from within MS word > It used to work, but now is broken. > Client: WinXP, Word XP & Outlook 2003 > Serve...

file cloning
I was wondering. How come it is possible to clone a file (using right click copy/paste file), but not possible to do this for other documents (apps and clip-art etc)?. Could it be possible to have an add-in in excel to prevent people from copying documents on their desktop?? -- shnim1 You can copy files that way (rightclick|copy, rightclick|paste). But most windows applications are no longer just simple .exe files (like back in the old DOS days). They usually have tons of other stuff that gets installed with them--and that stuff gets scattered all over your harddrive (windows folder, wi...

how to build the netsample ipconfig to the exe file?
C:\WINCE500\public\common\oak\drivers\netsamp\ipconfig\ipconfig.cpp i want to make ipconfig.exe. and i could found the sample code. but it source code builded to the lib file. in ipconfig sources files, TARGETNAME=ipconfig TARGETTYPE=LIBRARY SOURCES= \ $(TARGETNAME).cpp the project is .lib file. but the source code has a _tmain() funciton in the source. it's looks possible to compile to the exe file. how can it compile to the exe file? You can add the SYSGEN_NETUTILS and you will have the ipconfig.exe integrated to your OS. Search ipconfig in the cat...

outlook can't receive exe files

retrieving folders.old file

copy does not work in word 2003

Excel 2000 vs. Excel 2002

Opening .prn files in XL2000

Converting date from an external source
I am having an issued with converting a date from external data source. the data has the timestamp in the general date form mm/dd/yyyy 00:00:00. I want to convert the date to mm/dd/yyyy format so when i run a query for a single day it will return the data for that date, I can currently return the data but i have to set the parameter in the mm/dd/yyyy 00:00:00 format, i want to simply return the data by setting the parameter in the mm/dd/yyyy format Don't confuse how data is stored with how it is presented. As long as you import the date into a field defined as a Date data type, you...

Excel 2002 converts 'S' to 0 when pasting from Clipboard
I came across the following problem: I copied some tabular data from IBM Personal Communications into the clipboard (yes, I am still a user of good old 3270 applications). Then I pasted the data into Microsoft Excel 2002 and all cells containing a 'S' became a '0' (number zero). Next I did some tests and found out that every single uppercase 'S' that is transferred to Excel using copy/paste is translated to '0'. This would not happen with other letters or with words containing an 'S'. Using 'Paste special' I can choose to insert my Clipboard a...

Import reg files into Registry, without UAC
Hi, I've got a .reg file to be imported silently in a batch. The file contains only entries in HKEY_CURRENT_USER, therefore can be imported without elevation. This works well with the regedit /s switch on limited accounts, however on admin accounts, elevation UAC prompt is still shown, even though it's not needed. How can I prevent this? Thanks, Jens Jens M´┐Żller wrote: >Hi, > >I've got a .reg file to be imported silently in a batch. The file contains >only entries in HKEY_CURRENT_USER, therefore can be imported without >elevation. >...

Retreive a deleted file
How can I retreive a delted file Hi Janet If you have setup Excel to automatically create backup copies; then check that folder for the last backed-up version....If it is from your PC, check out the Recylcle Bin (on your desktop) and restore the file. If the file was on a network drive you may need to contact your network administrator and check whether they can recover. -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Janet" wrote: > How can I retreive a delted file Go into your Recycle Bin. If deleted from there; http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/recover-deleted-files.htm ...

Log file
Where do i find my log files? On an NT based system: go to start, run, type eventvwr, then hit enter. There you'll see the application, system, and security logs. >-----Original Message----- >Where do i find my log files? >. > ...

Stop changing of languages in Word 2003 when typing letter.
While typing a letter in Word 2003 it changed from English to what looked like Arabic language. I have rebooted 3 times and started over and still the same occurs. I even copied what I had in English to an email in Yahoo and sent it to myself and rebooted. Came back to that same email and copied it to a new email that I started to myself, and when I started typing it would only type in what looked like Arabic language. This happened to me once a couple of weeks ago, but never occurred again till now. What do I do? In the Language dialog box, turn off the option to autom...

Need to show file properties dialog box
Hello I need to show the shell's file properties dialog box. I tried converting old vb6 code into vb.net but it gives me error. Here's my code: Private Structure SHELLEXECUTEINFO Dim cbSize As Long Dim fMask As Long Dim hwnd As Long Dim lpVerb As String Dim lpFile As String Dim lpParameters As String Dim lpDirectory As String Dim nShow As Long Dim hInstApp As Long Dim lpIDList As Long Dim lpClass As String Dim hkeyClass As Long Dim dwHotKey As Long D...

how to read .MSG files without Outlook ?
How to read .MSG files without Outlook ? Do you know a good .msg viewer ? Thanks to everybody ... E. to the best of my knowledge, there isn;t a msg viewer. You need to use outlook or exchange messaging client. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ ...

Repair Corrupt Excel File
I have an excel 2003 workbook that will not open. The file is about 14MB. I have tried the repair utility within Excel but it still will not open. Anyone have any ideas? I have had success opening corrupt files with OpenOffice http://openoffice.org In article <CF4A5951-DCD9-4508-B995-FB7F6585BF78@microsoft.com>, "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have an excel 2003 workbook that will not open. The file is about 14MB. I > have tried the repair utility within Excel but it still will not open. > Anyone have any ideas? The Spreadsh...