Inserting pictures into Word text

I want to put a picture in text and have the text wrap around the picture
filling up the white space to the margin but can't figure out how to do it.
The picture is about 5 lines long and the text doesn't start again until the
last line at the bottom of the picture.

Set the text wrapping on the picture to Square.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"socr1st" <socr1st@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to put a picture in text and have the text wrap around the picture
> filling up the white space to the margin but can't figure out how to do
> it.
> The picture is about 5 lines long and the text doesn't start again until
> the
> last line at the bottom of the picture.

0
Suzanne
12/14/2009 5:45:23 AM
To elaborate: Right-click the picture. Click Format Picture, Layout
-TedMi

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Set the text wrapping on the picture to Square.
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> http://word.mvps.org
>
> "socr1st" <socr1st@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I want to put a picture in text and have the text wrap around the picture
>> filling up the white space to the margin but can't figure out how to do
>> it.
>> The picture is about 5 lines long and the text doesn't start again until
>> the
>> last line at the bottom of the picture.

0
TedMi
12/14/2009 6:29:37 PM
When you click on the picture, you get the Picture toolbar, which has a Text
Wrapping button.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"TedMi" <tedmi@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> To elaborate: Right-click the picture. Click Format Picture, Layout
> -TedMi
>
> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> Set the text wrapping on the picture to Square.
>>
>> --
>> Suzanne S. Barnhill
>> Microsoft MVP (Word)
>> Words into Type
>> Fairhope, Alabama USA
>> http://word.mvps.org
>>
>> "socr1st" <socr1st@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>I want to put a picture in text and have the text wrap around the picture
>>> filling up the white space to the margin but can't figure out how to do
>>> it.
>>> The picture is about 5 lines long and the text doesn't start again until
>>> the
>>> last line at the bottom of the picture.

0
Suzanne

Text Messaging option (OMS)
Just to clarify, have enabled the Text Messaging option (OMS) for Outlook 2007. Scenario: If you select from GAL: 1.One bye one user, everyone gets text message, as expected. 2.If you select a group with the same people,everyone gets an email, which is not expected. Since group handling from GAL and Text Messaging not works for some reason, I try to do a workaround. Jordan Sorry, this was a comment to an earlier thread. Not a new one. Wrong posting. Jordan On Thu, 04 Feb 2010 21:45:28 +0100, Jordan wrote: >Just to clarify, have enabled the Text Messaging option (OMS...

Inserting line after recalculating
Hi, Assume that I have three worksheets "one", "two", "three" and in every of them is cell with random-generated data. Now, I have addinational worksheet, say "memory". I want to have inserted new line to memory after each once when data was recalculated. That line should include: in first cell random-generated data from "one", in second - from "second" etc. And data which are already saved in "memory" should be fixed. Is there possibility to do that? Thanks in advance for response, Greetings. ...

converting numbers to text and prefill text field with 0's
I have a column of dollars and cents (445.92) that I need to convert to text and prefill with 0's to a width of 9 characters and no decimal (000044592). I wrote a formula (see below) that works except with figures like 0.08 where there are no dollars, or 4.70 where the 2nd character to the right of the decimal is a zero. Using the formula below, these figures come out like this: 0.08 converts to 00.0808 and 4.70 converts to 0000047.0. Can you help? =IF(LEN(A1*100)=2,CONCATENATE("0000000",RIGHT(A1,2)),IF(LEN(A1*100)=3,CONCATENATE("000000",LEFT(A1,1),RIGHT(A1,2)),IF(...

I just want to print an excel sheet showing gridlines with no text
Im trying to print an excel sheet showing just the gridlines, with no text in it at all. Im using it for a superbowl football poole and so the people who want to buy squares, we will write their name in the box. It wont let me print a 10 x 10 grid. I went to the print setup page and made sure the settings were right. Is this possible to print without any text or am I incredibly ignorant? I like to think Im a pretty bright girl but maybe not! Put a space in the 10th column and in the tenth row. That should do it. "jiggityjohnson" <jiggityjohnson@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Add Text to PDF Document
I have the free Adobe Reader. How can I add text to a document? If not possible is there any other free program which allows to add text? Sol You can't. I don't know if there are any *free* programs that will allow you to edit a .pdf. And if the file is set to not allow changes, you are SOL. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "S1L1Y1" <s1l1y1@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23jyuDuCdKHA.2188@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have the free Adobe Reader. How can I add text to...

Changing Font Colour if cell is certain word?
Can I make the font of a certain cell change it's font colour to Red if the word in the cell is, example, "Fail"? I want the change to apply from B2:F23. -- wuming79 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ wuming79's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36037 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=560169 Use "Conditional Formatting". It's on the Format menu -- MartinShor Software Tester &amp; Musicia -----------------------------------------------------...

"Thickening" text
I am using Access 2003. I created a form for my database to edit/enter new data. Within the form, I inserted a tab control box with three pages, and within each tab page, there are various fields and labels. My problem happens when I open the form in Form View and scroll through the records. As I scroll, the text in the labels gradually "thickens", to the point where it appears to be in bold and is difficult to read. What is strange about this problem is that 1) it only occurs on the second and third tab pages (not the first), 2) it only happens with True Type fonts in ...

retain sort order while inserting item in a virtual list cotrol
Hi Everyone I am using virtual list control in my application. There are few item i add initially in the list. Now i sort the list control as per say size of the file. The question is suppose now i want to add one more item to list, how to retain the existing sort order of the CListCtrl and insert that item at a right position. E.g. Exactly like Microsoft outlook does. many thanks in advance Kamlesh Insert it into the data array, list, or whatever you are using to implement the data part of the virtual listbox, in order, and then invalidate from the position of the predecessor+1 to the end....

Saving a specific word or phrase, bring it up next time I type it
In Word 2003, I was able to save a specific word or phrase by running my cursor over it and selecting the "auto correct" option. I was then able to type just the first couple of letters of that word or phrase and that word or phrase would pop-up, then all I had to do was hit the enter key to insert it in that sentence. Now that I have Word 2007 installed, I am not able to perform this function. I need to be able to type fast in my line of work; therefore, these saved words and phrases are a real time-saver. Can anyone help me! The function is still present, from Word ...

Can't Use Word As Editor after Windows Live Update
Hi, I have Office 2003. Microsoft wanted to update my Windows Live Messenger and after getting tired of saying no for months finally said okay. What a mistake. My Outlook defaults have been changed. Not all of them, just some of them. The images in my signature are messed up and I can't format them. It's hard to explain there are so many little things that are different. The most frustrating thing is that the box to use Word 2003 as an editor in Outlook is now grayed out. If I could start there, perhaps things will become more clear. Any help would be greatly a...

Hide Placeholder Text
Take two - I apologize if I am posting twice. Is there a way to show a blank space if nothing is entered in a field and yet still have the placeholder text? Thanks! RachelT wrote: > Take two - I apologize if I am posting twice. > > Is there a way to show a blank space if nothing is entered in a field > and yet still have the placeholder text? > > Thanks! I did answer this question yesterday. For some reason the only place I can find a copy of the thread is http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-3989957.php. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft W...

Insert from Scanner option NEEDED

Insert xml VS2008
Hello, I am trying (for the first time) to create an insert statement to insert xml into an sql2005 db with a datatype of "xml'. When I try to use the query builder to create an Insert Statement, it doesnt let me mark any on my xml fields for inclusion in the query. How come? Thanks Are you sending xml "in" and storing the entire xml in a column in a table? Or are you trying to parse (shred) the xml and get at individual values (or rows of data)? ............ See: http://pratchev.blogspot.com/2007/06/shredding-xml-in-sql-server-2005.html for shredding ...

Why won't my inserted pictures show up on the screen?
None of my lines or pictures show up on the screen when working with Publisher. They print out just fine, but it's hard to create a decent document if you can't see the border lines or pictures! Read the third FAQ here Q: Why can I not see images/shapes/lines when editing my publication? http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "jkcenterprises" <jkcenterprises@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19B2AA14-6777-46C6-891B-A929D1F761B5@microsoft...

Word has gone Wacky
I have Office 2001 and have been running it on our G4 for awhile. Suddenly, Word started going wacky and the toolbar seems to be frozen. I can't access anything. For example, when I highlight File, it has a gray box around it but nothing drops down. This is the same across the board. The only thing with a drop-down menu is the Apple icon. I can't get to the graphics toolbar or any toolbar. Any suggestions? Look here: http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/WordMac/Word2001Menus.htm In article <BCEFE234.24E4%robinb411@comcast.net>, Robin <robinb411@comcast.net> wrote: > I h...

pictures not showing
And constant notices when replying to emails that a picture is not showing up. I think my settings are correct. This problem began a few days ago--until then I could see pics. Is it a msft update problem? sue xp pro; sp2, ie7, oe6.2900,2180 (wish i could copy all that) It's not an update. You haven't even installed Service Pack 3 yet. Are you having trouble receiving and sending pix? Make sure you are sending and reading in HTML and not plain text. Tools | Options | Send | HTML Settings. Check: Send pictures with messages. Send a pix to yourself. Do ...

text positioning
I am trying to horizontally center text to a logo I have placed in my email. I have highlighted the text and raised the position by 9 px. It appears perfectly fine in Outlook, but when I send the email the recipients see the text on the baseline. Am I doing something wrong ? ...

Opening multiple text-files
Is there a way to change the default parameters when opening text files? I have around 30 comma-delimited files that I need to open and would rather set the parameters just once and not for each file. Thanks in advance. Are these files named *.csv? If yes, then just double clicking on them should open them up in excel nicely parsed. Tim U wrote: > > Is there a way to change the default parameters when > opening text files? I have around 30 comma-delimited > files that I need to open and would rather set the > parameters just once and not for each file. > > Than...

Why is it defaulting to plain text for replies and forwards?
All of a sudden, my Outlook is set whereby all replies and forwards open in plain text, even though when I compose a new e-mail it opens in HTML. ...

Errors trying to insert an order...
I'm getting the below errors when trying insert an order. My code works for invoices. I just changed the SOPTYPE = 2 and DOCID = "STDORD" for the order insert. My SOPTYPE is 2, but the error indicates it is 0? Any help or troubleshooting ideas would be helpful. Thanks, Larry Microsoft.GreatPlains.eConnect Version=8.0.0.0 Microsoft.GreatPlains.eConnect Sql procedure error codes returned: Error Number = 102 Stored Procedure taSopLineIvcInsert Error Description = A required parameter contains an empty value Node Identifier Parameters: taSopLineIvcInsert ...

After Insert not firing on subform
I have a main form (Employees) and a subform (Accidents). They are linked by EmployeeID. On the subform, there is a numeric field, ClaimNumber, which I want to auto populate. So on the After Insert property for Accidents, I have code like this: lngCounter = ahtGetCounter() 'get a new claim number from the counters table and increment it Me.ClaimNumber = lngCounter ' assign it as out claim number. This works fine if I already have an employee in the database. But if I'm adding a new employee, and then move to the subform to add a new accident, the ClaimNumbe...

Converting variable text strings to numeric
I've imported some word tables into excel, the 'numbers' have spaces instead of commas and consequently are read as text. The 'numbers' vary from single integer to millions For example 1 101 335 293 207 23 113 101 19 While I can use the left, mid and right functions for the millions that formula is unworkable for other numbers. Any ideas, or do I have to get a VB programmer to write a function for me? Hi! Try using Find/Replace Select the range Goto Edit>Replace Find What: enter a space by hitting the space bar Replace With: nothing...

Text box
I want to add a text box for a email address at the begining of my all my text boxes. The Email address must be inserted into the 1st text box before anyother text box can be completed. I am using MS FrontPage 2003. If you are using the standard FrontPage Form Field validation, the best you can do is to require that they enter something in the field before the form is submitted. Right-click the email one-line text box and select 'Form Field Validation'. Check the 'Data Length' 'Required' checkbox. -- ~ Kathleen Anderson Microsoft MVP - Expression...

"Left-to-right Vertical" text direction (Vertical for Mongolian)
In Publisher 2007 or 2010 Beta, Text direction can't be changed to "left-to-right vertical" even though MS Word 2007 and Power Point 2007 can do that. In Word or Power Point, the menu selection was called "vertical for Mongolian" . The function is very useful for people who edit traditional Mongolian, Sibe and Manchu language text. I hope Publisher can add this fuction. Thanks. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree...

text rotation
I develop a fingerprint application on pocket pc and I need to display message during the capture process. So for now I use an edit box but I would like to make a rotation of 180 � to make the message readable by the people whom I capture the fingerprint. Should I just make a rotation of the graphic display, I mean just of the edit box area or is there any other mean ? Didn't you post this a week ago!!! Here are the answers from the last post you had You won't be able to do this with an edit control, but you can do it with a static control. Dervie a class from a CStatic class, ta...