Inserting a block of text

TEXTPAD 5.3 has, under the EDIT/INSERT menu, a PASTE AS BLOCK command
which inserts a copied block of text to the right of the cursor
WITHOUT affecting the text to the left of the cursor.

Does MS Word 2007 have a similar feature?

0
gcotterl

By "block," do you mean it keeps the margin width it had in the
original, and that left margin appears somewhere other than against
the left margin of the Word document?

But inserting text to the right of the cursor won't affect text to the
left of the cursor. The inserted text will be part of the paragraph
the cursor is in, so you can also type Enter and then insert your text
to become a new paragraph; but still it will conform to the Word
document's margins.

Does TEXTPAD have "text boxes" or "frames" or some such?

On Feb 27, 1:47=A0pm, gcotterl <gcott...@co.riverside.ca.us> wrote:
> TEXTPAD 5.3 has, under the EDIT/INSERT menu, a PASTE AS BLOCK command
> which inserts a copied block of text to the right of the cursor
> WITHOUT affecting the text to the left of the cursor.
>
> Does MS Word 2007 have a similar feature?

0
Peter
2/27/2010 9:11:53 PM
Hi Peter,

This is what I'm looking for:

The existing text in the Word document is:

The quick brown fox jumps over the
lazy dog and feels as if he were in
the seventh heaven of typography
together with Hermann Zapf, the most
famous artist of the...

The block of text to be inserted is:

So, fellow citizens, now is the time
for all good men to come to the aid of
their country to demand transparency,
sovereignty and independence.

The desired result would look like this:

So, fellow citizens, now is the time      The quick brown fox jumps
over the
for all good men to come to the aid of    lazy dog and feels as if he
were in
their country to demand transparency,     the seventh heaven of
typography
sovereignty and independence.             together with Hermann Zapf,
the most
                                          famous artist of the...

gcotterl
2/27/2010 11:15:42 PM

================================

The quick brown fox jumps over
the lazy dog and feels as if
he were in the seventh heaven
of typography together with
Hermann Zapf, the most famous
artist of the...

================================

The block of text to be inserted is:

================================

So, fellow citizens, now is
the time for all good men
to come to the aid of their
country to demand transparency,
sovereignty and independence.

================================

The desired result would look like this:

The quick brown fox jumps over   So, fellow citizens, now is
the lazy dog and feels as if     the time for all good men
he were in the seventh heaven    to come to the aid of their
of typography together with      country to demand
transparency,
Hermann Zapf, the most famous    sovereignty and independence.
artist of the...
0
gcotterl
2/27/2010 11:28:08 PM
[...]

2/27/2010 11:30:50 PM
Looks like you're after columns.

Word 2007
Page Layout > Columns > Two
Put a column break at the end of the first section. (Page Layout >
Breaks > Column,)
At the end of the second section insert a continuous section (Page
Layout > Breaks > Continuous) break and  change back  to one column if
desired (Page Layout > Columns > One).

Word 2003
Format > Tools > Columns > Two
Then at the end of the first section, Insert > Break > Column.
At the end of the second section,  Insert > Break > Continuous THEN
Format > Tools > Columns > One

This works there but may be a more succint way of doing it.

IDS.

On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 15:15:42 -0800 (PST), gcotterl
<gcotterl@co.riverside.ca.us> wrote:

>Hi Peter,
>
>This is what I'm looking for:
>
>The existing text in the Word document is:

>The quick brown fox jumps over the
>lazy dog and feels as if he were in
>the seventh heaven of typography
>together with Hermann Zapf, the most
>famous artist of the...

>The block of text to be inserted is:

>So, fellow citizens, now is the time
>for all good men to come to the aid of
>their country to demand transparency,
>sovereignty and independence.

>The desired result would look like this:
>
>=============================================================================
>
>So, fellow citizens, now is the time      The quick brown fox jumps
>over the
>for all good men to come to the aid of    lazy dog and feels as if he
>were in
>their country to demand transparency,     the seventh heaven of
>typography
>sovereignty and independence.             together with Hermann Zapf,
>the most
>                                          famous artist of the...

IDS
2/28/2010 2:33:30 PM
gcotterl came back and asked the question twice more, and it turned
out it probably wanted a table rather than columns.

On Feb 28, 9:33=A0am, IDS <i...@iansims.me.uk> wrote:
> Looks like you're after columns.
>
> Word 2007
> Page Layout > Columns > Two
> Put a column break at the end of the first section. (Page Layout >
> Breaks > Column,)
> At the end of the second section insert a continuous section (Page
> Layout > Breaks > Continuous) break and =A0change back =A0to one column i=
> desired (Page Layout > Columns > One).
>
> Word 2003
> Format > Tools > Columns > Two
> Then at the end of the first section, Insert > Break > Column.
> At the end of the second section, =A0Insert > Break > Continuous THEN
> Format > Tools > Columns > One
>
> This works there but may be a more succint way of doing it.
>
> IDS.
>
> On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 15:15:42 -0800 (PST), gcotterl
>

> <gcott...@co.riverside.ca.us> wrote:
> >Hi Peter,
>
> >This is what I'm looking for:
>
> >The existing text in the Word document is:
>
> >=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D

> >The quick brown fox jumps over the
> >lazy dog and feels as if he were in
> >the seventh heaven of typography
> >together with Hermann Zapf, the most
> >famous artist of the...
>
> >=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

> >The block of text to be inserted is:
>
> >=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

> >So, fellow citizens, now is the time
> >for all good men to come to the aid of
> >their country to demand transparency,
> >sovereignty and independence.
>
> >=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

> >The desired result would look like this:
>
> >=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=AD=3D=3D=3D

> >So, fellow citizens, now is the time =A0 =A0 =A0The quick brown fox jump=
> >over the
> >for all good men to come to the aid of =A0 =A0lazy dog and feels as if h=
> >were in
> >their country to demand transparency, =A0 =A0 the seventh heaven of
> >typography
> >sovereignty and independence. =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 together with Herm=
ann Zapf,
> >the most
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0=
 =A0 =A0 =A0famous artist of the...
0
Peter

CTabCtrl and retrieving text with GetItem
I am using the following code to show a popup menu when the user right clicks on a tab in a CTabCtrl: void CTabBar::OnRButtonDown(UINT nFlags, CPoint point) { TCHITTESTINFO info; info.pt.x = point.x; info.pt.y = point.y; long tab = m_tabctrl.HitTest(&info); if (tab == -1) return; TCITEM item; item.mask = TCIF_TEXT; if (!m_tabctrl.GetItem(tab, &item)) return; ....... My next step from here was to retrieve item.pszText. However - GetItem is ALWAYS returning false. For example, I have 1 tab and I right click on it. HitTest return 0 (ind...

How do I make numbers become text?
I am trying to create a spreadsheet where numbers entered in one location become text in another. I tried the Help option, but I am still lost. Please help, and thank you. From earlier postings: How to Convert a Numeric Value into English Words http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN- US;140704& and: (courtesy of a cut and paste from a Tom Ogilvy post): If you want an addin that provides a worksheet function that does this, download Laurent Longre's free morefunc.xll addin found here: http://longre.free.fr/english/ It is downloaded in a zip file which also conta...

How to set a icons instead of a menu text?
Hello, I'm not quiet sure this can be done , but i would like for some reasons to set icons to describe my menus. Can this be done and how? Many thanks Breadl, It is possible to owner-draw menus, youmight want to check here: http://www.codeproject.com/menu/ and here: http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/menu/ for samples. Johan Rosengren Abstrakt Mekanik AB "Bredal Jensen" <Bredal.Jensen@mimosa.com> a �crit dans le message de news:%23hH2cnyxEHA.2540@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > > Hello, > I'm not quiet sure this can be done , but i would like for so...

Changing text in X and Z reports
Hi, I want to change a text in X and Z reports. The original text is "Paid on Account." I want it to say "On Account." How can I do the change? I already found the XML report template but don't know where to go from there. Thank you in advance. Win open file in Frontpage or text editor. Do "find" and type in "paid on account" to get you to the section quickly. or, just roll down until you find this section =========================== Section: Grand Total Out =========================== --> <!--BOOKMARK--> <ROW...

Where is the Keep Text Formatting feature located in Word 07
I believe this Keep Text Formatting feature might be what I need, but I have been unable to locate exactly where it is located in Word 2007. I'm trying to rid a Word document sent to me of tables, text boxes, graphics and all other document formatting, while retaining the document's text content. It is unimportant to me whether the text formatting is retained or not. Thanks. Are you referring to a Keep Text Formatting feature in an earlier version of Word? I wonder whether what you're looking for is "Paste Unformatted," since you seem to be saying you _don...

Need an unbound text box and command button (Search)
I need to create an unbound text box with a command button (Search) on my form which will enable the user to find the current record for a space no. I would like the user to only have to type in the space no. My fields are: SpaceNo Current "Yes" I am not experienced at writing code. Thanks so much. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200911/1 On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 23:09:36 GMT, "Uschi via AccessMonster.com" <u25116@uwe> wrote: If you don't write code, it may be easier to instruc...

Export a range to a text file
Hello need some advise on how to procede I need to be able to create a text file containg some text as well as data that is within a named range in excel and then some more text. I can handle printing to the text files using cell values etc but am unsure of the best way to print the ranges data. Is there a way or procedure to just print the range as is in csv format? As well my range will contain about 6 columns, each containg a number field (formatting of decimal places is important, some have 2 dec some 3 etc) Also the range has a max of 50 rows however will always contain lower rows of...

CONCATENATE text to create a formula to be evaluated
Hi, I am wanting to concatenate a set of text to create a formula. I have done so below. =CONCATENATE("=MAX('",O1,"'!A3:A65536)") The result is: =MAX('2009'!A3:A65536) ....but it treats this as a text string when I try to use INDIRECT Cell O1 contains the year minus 1. In this case O1 = 2009. All of my worksheets are named as a year e.g. 2007....2008....2009...2010. I am entering this on sheet 2010. Now the real question: How do I make another cell evaluate this string as an actual formula and spit out the highest number for ...

text in formula
Help!!! Is there a way to have a formula where a cell with text is in it, but it is not included in the formula. Like I have a random cell that appears sometimes within the range but because it is text and I do not want to include it in the formula. Is there a certain "symbol" that could be used? HELP!! Hi maureen, It depends on what the actual formula is, but *some* functions ignore text entries. You could use the ISNUMBER function to include only those entries that are numbers. Post your formula for a more detailed reply. Biff >-----Original Message----- >Help...

Linking text within Excel-- help!
I have a mailing list that I will be importing into Excel, and am trying to link the names on the list to invoices for those people on the list. Can I do this in Excel by using links? The Excel help feature only seems to describe links with figures (numbers), not text. e.g. Mr. Bill Jones, 123 Main Street, Middletown, OK 40404 (each word in its own cell in the mailing list worksheet) ....would link to a worksheet that had Bill Jones' name and address but also indicted that he purchased a $100 product on June 15 and his bill has been paid in full. My questions: 1. Each of the 300 or...

can not insert a mail model in a compaign mail activity ?
Hello, When I am trying to send a simple mail, I can insert an email template. but when I plan a compaign based on mailing I can't make an email based on template ... So what what should I do to enable this functionality knowing that it's very intersting ability in a CRM Thanks in advance ...

Selecting Text Box
Is there a keyboard command that one can use with the mouse to select the text box (frame) rather than trigger the Edit Text mode? When there are many objects on the page, getting the mouse to click on the right frame can be a real problem. But if the cursor is in the right box, some keyboard command (with or without the mouse) should help select the right object. Thanks! ...

Server side attachment blocking?
Does exchange 2003 include server side attachment blocking? I had thought it was configurable natively without any add-on software, but seem to be unable to find such a control, nor any documentation about it on the MS sites. Thanks in advance, Chris no you are able to check the RBL (Relay Blacklists) with exchange 2003 as far as i am aware. you would have to use something like GFI Mail Security. Simon "Chris King" <cking@whitneyhakws.com> wrote in message news:Oai%23hTK9DHA.548@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Does exchange 2003 include server side attachment blocking? I ha...

descriptive statistics
I have a survey which has some text answers and some numerical answers. I need to complete histogram and descriptive statistics on this data but I get an error message stating my "data contains non-numerice input". Does that mean all data has to be converted to nummerical format? one way to solve theproblem use count if suppose non numeric data for e.g. a.s.d.f.g etc are in A1 to A100 find out unique set by using advance filter and then use countif function "allen367" <allen367@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E3E2CE4F-7A2E-47FF-8B6E-D88EFF52C...

Insert a graphic in a cell
I'd like to be able to enbed a logo in a cell. Not possible. Graphic objects reside on the drawing layer "above" the cells. Cells can contain formulae or values only. Workaround. Insert your graphic, and size it so that it exactly covers the cell. Right-click it, choosing Format Picture. In the Properties tab of the Format Picture dialog, choose the Move and Size with cells radio button. In article <F253C07B-E71A-445E-B612-0189187A09D9@microsoft.com>, Pete_Escher fan <Pete_Escher fan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'd like to be able to enbed a...

Can I display the current date in a text box?
I know how to display the current date in a cell, but can I display it in a text box? And how would I do that? You would have to have some code to load it, such as Textbox1.Text = Format(Date,"dd mmm yyyy") or link the texbox to a cell with the formula =TODAY() -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "stephiebrady" <stephiebrady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C78C4C78-C12C-4A8F-9121-E377ACAE3B5B@microsoft.com... > I know how to display the current date in a cell, but can I display it in a > text box? And ...

why was my OP blocked
Could I ask why my recent threads have been blocked, as they were genuine queries!! As always...many thanks Steve Read this newsgroup and all newsgroups the way they were intended to be read: with a newsreader, not with a clumsy web interface. Tell us what version of Windows you are using, and someone will tell you about the free newsreader Microsoft supplies and how to use it. --- Leonard Grey Errare humanum est moonraker wrote: > Could I ask why my recent threads have been blocked, as they were genuine > queries!! > > As always...many thanks ...

Deleting a single character in a text field
In one of my tables i have a field that has a text values like '123.23123' i would like , to delete the full stop. How can i do this. I cant do it in excel as the number of records that i have is over 200000. hi, ma1000 wrote: > In one of my tables i have a field that has a text values like '123.23123' i > would like , to delete the full stop. How can i do this. I cant do it in > excel as the number of records that i have is over 200000. Create a update query, use Replace([yourField], ".", "") as new value. mfG --> stefan <-- ...

Lines of text move when viewed in print preview and printed
I am inserting pictures with-in paragraphs of text. I have tried formating as both exact and in-line, using top/bottom. The text moves up 1-2 lines when printed or viewed in print preview. This change in text lines also happens when view is changed from 50% to 100%. I am working with two column text and the pictures are inserted into each column. How can I fix this problem? What version of Windows and Publisher are you using??? You people that think we have crystal balls or are mind readers are exasperating! -- >-----Original Message----- >What version of Windows and Publi...

I'm trying to display the next month in a text field
Hi there, I've gone through all the forms and can't seem to get the code straight for displaying the next month on a text field on my form. I just want the entire month name and nothing else and I have been struggling with: DateSerial(Year(Date()), Month(Date()) + 1, 1) but its showing the day and year too and thats not what I need. Thanks in advance! GM gmazza wrote: >Hi there, >I've gone through all the forms and can't seem to get the code straight for >displaying the next month on a text field on my form. >I just want the entire month name and nothing else...

vbscript insert into access 2003 database with two different table
I am trying to insert data collected by WMI. Here is the script On Error Resume Next Const HKEY_CURRENT_USER = &H80000001 Const HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE = &H80000002 Const ForReading = 1 'Create FSO Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") 'Create an environment for the script to work Set wshshell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell") 'Connection to the database Set cnn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") 'Connection to a Recordset Set objRecordSet = CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset") 'Opens the Database ...

Auto insert of date
I'm trying to input some datas using preparedStatement and among those coiumns one column is of type "smalldatetime" i wish to input the current date and time at which i execute this query, how can i achieve this in JDBC or what is the sql query for this. I'm not sure if we're talking JET SQL or T-SQL or something else here? In JET SQL you want the Date() function, something like ... INSERT INTO Table1 ( TestDate ) SELECT Date() AS Expr1; If you're using T-SQL you want the GETDATE() function, something like ... INSERT INTO dbo.Table1 (Test...

extracting numbers from a text field and applying formula
here's my question... i have a cell that has a text field of this type: '9-19' (a-b) I want to create a formula that will subtract 19-9 (b-a) and return the result as a number// can anyone help?! is this even doable? I'd really appreciate it! PS also, i'm very fairly new at excel so a detailed response with th formula would really help! ALe ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try: =MID(A1,FIND("-",A1)+1,99)-LEFT(A1,FIND("...

Insert KB article in e-mail from outlook client
Hi there, I noticed I can send a KB article as an e-mail from the web client but not from within outlook? Is this correct (same goes for inserting e-mail templates) and if so, has anybody found a way to work around this?? Many thanks -- Aad van der Veld Senior CRM Consultant Capgemini Technology Services t: +31 (0)30 689 6047 m: +31 (0)6 150 30 749 e: aad.vandervelden@capgemini.com ...

Do all fields have "onchange" event script blocks??
Hi, I was wondering if there are onchange event handlers for all fields in CRM? I need to automatically send an email from CRM when the "statuscode" of an Incident changes to "Closed", which is a value that I added to the schema. I have seen onchange script blocks in other objects like the Contact object for the "accountrolecode" field, but there doesn't seem to be one for the "statuscode" field in the incident object? Have I got this wrong, or do not all drop down lists have "onchange" event handling script blocks?? Thanks in advance,...