Insert one object to partially cover another in Word?

In older version of Word could simply drag one image to cover part of
another. I could not do this with XP - it just moves to another position
beside the image. Any ideas?

hi PRCR,

You need to format the image as something other than 'in-line with text' and possibly also to 'allow overlap'.

--
Cheers
macropod

"PRCR" <PRCR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44E2FF2E-147D-4DB3-AF9D-E69292A75342@microsoft.com...
> In older version of Word could simply drag one image to cover part of
> another. I could not do this with XP - it just moves to another position
> beside the image. Any ideas?
0
macropod

transfer one stock to another broker account
How do I transfer only one stock from one broker's account to another broker's account ?? All I can find is directions to transfer ALL the stocks in one account to another account. Have Money 2003 Deluxe, Version 11.0 Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Karl S wrote: >How do I transfer only one stock from one broker's account >to another broker's account ?? All I can find is >directions to transfer ALL the stocks in one account to >another account. Have Money 2003 Deluxe, Version 11.0 Enter a TransferOut transaction for the stock in the investment acc...

inserting datestamps
I have a cell that changes from "In Process" to "Completed" once a series of tasks have been completed in the worksheet. Once that cell changes to "Completed", I need another cell to generate a date stamp, and then never change thereafter. Been trying circular references using the following formula =IF(C34="Completed",IF(I34=0,TODAY(),I34),"0"), however I continually get either 1/1/1900 or nothing at all as the result. Open to any ideas. Thanks. http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html -- Kind regards, Niek Otte...

Automatically insert date and time in a side note
I know I can insert the current date and time in a note or side not by using sft+alt+f but would like to automate this so that the current date and time are automatically inserted into a side note when I create one by pressing the windows key + n. ...

Rotation doesn't maintain aspect ratios on wordart objects
Heres the situation, Using the borders and fills option, you design a template=20 of a room using the cells. Once done, you place some=20 wordart objects that are scale "footprints" of objects to=20 be placed in that room. The idea is to move them around to gain a birds eye view=20 of the room design/layout. However when you rotate these=20 objects they get longer or shorter. When you rotate them 180=B0 (back to their starting=20 position) they are normal agian. WHY? If a rectangle=20 is exactly so many pixels long X wide...wouldn't it still=20 be that many when rotated 9...

when a great lot items insert into listctrl,how to avoid freeze problem?
For example,I insert 5000 items into listctrl,it can not display the result and freeze a while. How do I proceed the display and which notify message should be proposed? Thanks in advance! Well, you haven't really defined what you mean by "freeze". For example, if you have a loop that adds 5000 items, all at once, there is an excellent chance that because you are not getting back to the main message pump in your main GUI thread that you simply aren't going to see the data until all 5000 have been added. If it takes a while to add 5000 items, then you will see your whole a...

Only one customer in letter writing assistant
Great Plains version 8 - When I run the letter writing assistant to create a Collection Letter or a Customer Letter and I select All customers and All customer types I only get one customer in the customer list to choose from. It doesn't matter what letter I am trying to create I only get one customer to pick from. Does anyone know what I need to do to get all my customers to show up? This is normal behavior if you are launching the letter assistant from the customer maintenance window. Launch it from the reports menu to perform mass mailings. I have tried launching the letter ...

MLA Anthology Citation in Word 2007
Is it possible to use Word 2007's built-in citation feature to cite a work in an anthology with the proper MLA formatting for a Works Cited list? This should be formatted as follows: (1) author of the selected work, (2) title of the selected work, (3) title of the anthology, (4) name of the editor preceded by "Ed.", (5) publication details, and (6) the pages in the anthology where the selection appears. Again, my question is if there's a way to get all that information into the Word 2007 citation formatting tool. The answer is certainly yes. The question o...

Is Word or Publisher best for posting a book to the web?
I am preparing a genealogy book for the web. The book has many pictures and is also text intensive. Which is best for posting to the web? What do you mean "posting"...for downloading? for viewing? "Marie Peer" <Marie Peer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C38165D-FAEF-4C53-B312-9E99C74BE693@microsoft.com... |I am preparing a genealogy book for the web. The book has many pictures and | is also text intensive. Which is best for posting to the web? I'm such a novice! I've not thought about that. If allowing both is not terrificall...

student language tools tab in word 2007
Hi, My niece uses office home and student 2007 (especially word) at school and it is also installed at home on the pc...but she says that there is tab that is missing from the home pc, it is student language tools which shows all the french accents, so when she types a word that requires an accent she clicks on it and the accent automatically goes into the word...does anybody know where to enable this? My guess is that this is provided by an add-in or other customization on the school system. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama...

display sums from multiple worksheets on one worksheet
I am working on a budget plan. So I have multiple totals from various months that I would like to display on one "totals" page so i can track each month. for example, I have the totals from bikes, cars, and transit on the november worksheet. on the "totals" page I have the totals from bikes, cars, and transit for every month of the year. i kept the names consistent from each page hoping that would simplify things. so far it has not. is there a way to display the totals from each month on the "totals" without having to type a similar formula in eac...

linking Excel table to word
Can anyone tell me how I can have an excel table linked to a word table so that the word table dynamically updates itself based on the values in excel cells? Much appreciate it if anyone can point me to direction Thrava Hi in MS Word just insert the Excel sheet as Excel object (Edit - Paste Special) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Thrava" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0cea01c46e91$faae80b0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Can anyone tell me how I can have an excel table linked to > a word table so that the word table dynamically u...

Why wont Word open Excel data source in mailmerge?
I am following the Help step by step, but each time i try to open data source it wont. I have saved the correct version in Excel and have renamed it etc MOSH "won't" means what? Do you get an error message? You cannot browse to an Excel file and use it? You have no ODBC driver for Excel? If the latter, you may have to re-configure and add that driver. Go to Control Panel(Start>Settings>Control Panel) and double-click on Data Sources(ODBC). In User DSN what do you see for drivers? If no Excel, click on Add and find Excel on the list(not Excel do). Select and "...

Generating a table of figures and table of tables using 'insert caption'

Comments from Word 2002 to 2007
We have a large number of templates written in Word 2002, most of which have comment balloons associated with them. We are in the process of converting these templates to Word 2007. Would it be fair of me to assume we could just copy the text of these comments to the new comments in our converted templates? Would there be any corruption? Or do we need to type out the comments letter by letter to avoid any corruption issues. There are differing opinions in our department on how to proceed. Hoping for some clarification from the helpful folks here. Thanks Well, Word 2007 a...

If Insert Fails, then Update
Hi Everyone, I have a table that I want to INSERT the entries into another table, easy enough with an Append Query, but if the insert fails, due to duplicate keys, I just want to update a few fields. Any ideas? Thanks in Advance for your kind consideration Pat. Pat Backowski wrote: >I have a table that I want to INSERT the entries into another table, easy >enough with an Append Query, but if the insert fails, due to duplicate keys, >I just want to update a few fields. Sounds like a two step process. First, update the existing records: UPDATE tbl2 SET tbl2.fa = tbl1.fa ...

Update one Worksheet from Another
Hi, I want to be able to update a worksheet by looking up data from another worksheet. in other words; If Servername in Worksheet A column A equals Servername in Worksheet B Column C then copy serial number from Worksheet B column D to Worksheet A column D. Thanks in advance for any help. OldDog Hi you can use the VLOOKUP function to achieve this. in Worksheet A column D type =VLOOKUP(A1,WorksheetB!$C$1:$D$1000,2,0) this will return the information from column D of Worksheet B where there is an exact match between the data in column A of the current sheet and column C of worksheet B....

One IP-address
Our exchange 2003-server hosts two domains A.com and B.com. So, the mx-record for BOTH domains point to the same host (mailhost.A.com) and resolves the corresponding IP-addres. The PTR-record for this IP-address obviously points back to the host mailhost.A.com. All seems to work fine for both domains for the moment, but will this not present a problem in the future for mail from the B.com domain when more and more receiving hosts do reverse lookup ? Or is reverse lookup just verifying the FQDN in the mail-header, and not the senders domain ? Regards Rudy Steyaert HI, NO i don't think ...

Printing just one page?
I would like to print just one page in my publication, at times. When I hit file, print, I do not have a print option. Print merge, print preview are all that is available. Can anyone help? Please?? What version Publisher? When you are ready to print one page, there should be check off for "current page". Are you expanding the File menu? Right-click any toolbar (Publisher 2002), customize, toolbars tab, check *Always show full menus." What happens if you ctrl+p or click the print icon on the toolbar? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msau...

spell checker word 2004
over the years i have never had a problem with microsoft word 2004 spell checker unitl now. the symptom: create document, run spell checker, window appears: "the speling check is complete." the problem: spell check has not done its job. i have planted booby trap errors, and they remain undetected. i have gone through preferences, dictionaries etc. i THINK i know what i am doing, but obviously i do not. i have been working on computers for years, and am currently on a macbook pro 17" osx 10.4.7 a clue: i cleared out some foreign language dictionaries recently, and the pro...

Word Printing and Rotation of Landscaped Pages
When printing a document with mostly portrait pages but some landscapes, the landscape page is rotated for printing and is rotated so that the page top is on the right hand side of a traditional portrait page. I want it to rotate 180 degrees from that so that the bottom of the landscape page is on the right hand edge of the portrait page. Cannot seem to find a place to do that. Help !!! I don't think Excel can do that. Mike wrote: > When printing a document with mostly portrait pages but some landscapes, the > landscape page is rotated for printing and is rotated ...

Word as email editor #6
I'm using Outlook 98 and Word 2000. I want to use Word as my e-mail editor in Outlook 98. When I go to Mail Format to turn on Word as my e-mail editor, it doesn't allow me to choose Word AND also choose HTML as my message format. One without the other basically is useless, i.e. why bother to use Word as the e-mail editor if I can't send elements other than text. ALSO, when I try to send an e- mail directly from Word, under File, New there is no "General" tab which means I can't choose "e-mail message." It's as if a chunk of something is mis...

Visio Org Chart being moved over as an object in powerpoint
I have an org that has dotted lines drawn around groups of boxes with arrows on each end and when I move or should I say copy to powerpoint one set of dotted lines become solid and I have no idea why? Can someone tell me. I suspect it's the fact that you may have copied it as an emf/wmf. Visio tries to ease the pain (since dotted lines make very large files) and converted them to straight. al "Angie" <Angie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D15E003-C042-478D-8113-2453AD2855D7@microsoft.com... >I have an org that has dotted lines drawn around g...

How to store jpg in a database for use in another sheet #3
Can somebody please explain me how to store jpg's in a database and le them show in another sheet when entering a specific key -- Marc Willems ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Marc Willemse's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=164 View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-187045633 ...

Warning while inserting lines in Excel 2000
I have a worksheet with about 4000 lines of data. I am trying to insert lines into the worksheet but I get the following warning and I can't insert the line: "To prevent possible loss of data Microsoft Excel can not shift nonblank cells off the worksheet." I have recently inserted a pivot table as a separate worksheet and I did not have this problem before then, but I don't know if this is just a coincidence. Try to reset the used range. Excel thinks that you have data in the last rows/columns http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- Regards, Peo Sjo...

Getting 552 Requested mail action aborted: (from one user on Hotmail)
I have a home user that is using a Hotmail account to communicate with our company. She can email us perfectly fine when she composes a new message...however, when she attempts to reply to a message sent from us, she is getting back and undeliverable message as follows: name@domain.com SMTP error from remote mailer after end of data: host mail.domain.com [xx.x.xxx.xx]: 552 Requested mail action aborted: exceeded storage allocation She gets this message even with no attachements. The host domain name and IP address are both correct as well as the email address (obviously since...