In Word 2007, I want to enable tabbing between fields in my .docm

In Developer Mode, how can I set the properties of my fields to support
tabbing from one field to another in my Word form?

What kind of "fields" did you insert?

If they're form fields from the Legacy Controls button, you have to turn off
Design Mode and then protect the document for forms. Either click the
Protect Document button and go through the Restrict Formatting pain/pane, or
add the Lock command to your Quick Access Toolbar.

If they're content controls (the other buttons in the Controls group),
tabbing between controls other than a Rich Text control will just work in or
out of Design Mode. If you need to use Rich Text controls, see
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/ContentControl_Grouping_And_Navigation.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

JordanRunner wrote:
> In Developer Mode, how can I set the properties of my fields to
> support tabbing from one field to another in my Word form?

0
Jay

Trouble with creating tab stops
This should be very simple but haven't found the answer in all the posts. Following the "Create or modify a tab stop" instructions I can't get the first tab stop to respond to anything but flush left. Center, Decimal, Flush Right all do not seem to work. I'm sure it is simple and something I should be able to do. My many searches re-phrasing to advance the search only take me back to "Create or modify.....". Version? "Midge" <Midge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A46B5D82-E1FC-42B5-9514-DD271E0BE086@microsoft.com... >...

Adding Rental Property to MS Money 2007
Hi; I am a new user to money. I have one rental house. What is the best way to add it to ms money to track income and expenses? I am looking for something very basic. I have managed it for the last ten years on paper and have always done my own taxes. Thanks for any help Pat I am thinking of adding a new "Bank Account" called 310 Judy (The address of the house). Then my rental income would be deposits to the account and my expences would be the withdrawls. Is this a viable option or am I going to run into problems later? Thanks Pat So why change? "komobu" <curra...

Calculated field in Pivot Table #5
I am having problems with a calculated field in a pivot table. I believe the challenge is the in the way pivot tables summarizes then multiplies. For example 10/1/05 task 1 = 2.00 hours 10/1/05 task 2 = 3.00 hours 10/3/05t task 3 = .50 rate 50.00/hour thus, as it is occuring now (2.00+3.00+.50=5.5 * 50.00) * 3 Instead what i am looking for in the above example is 5.5 hours *50.00/hr. Any idea, how i can accomplish this? thanks Jerry ...

How does one get a preview pane in outbox view in Outllook 2007?
Hello, How does one get a preview pane in outbox view in Outlook 2007? -- Thanks, Bob You don't. The closest you can come is turning on autopreview.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=3D54=20 "BBran" <bbran@nowhere.com> wrote in message = news:OQ4zcEwzHHA.5408@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hello, >=20 > How does one get a preview pane in outbox view in Outlook 2007? > --=20 > Thanks, > Bob=20 >=20 > you...

Extract SSN's from a free form text field...
I am trying to extract SSN's from a free form text field where the SSN may appear in any portion of the field (beginning, end or middle of the field). The SSN will always be preceded by "SS", "SSN", or "SS#". The SSN may be listed with or without dashes or spaces. The SSN may be preceded by a dash or space or neither after "SS", "SSN", or "SS#". Examples: Example #1 - SSN-123456789; Example #2 - CE UNEMPLOYED SS# 987-65-4321 CBR 444-4444 SHADY COVE Example #3 - SE RETIRED SS 876543219 SE RETIRED OTHER SVC WRKING IN CA These ar...

Fields in detail section of form
Hi All, In one of my applications, I have the following situation. For a certain school activity to which all children can attend, some children have to pay and some children can attend free. The background and difference between these two groups is not relevant now. In a (continuous) form, all these children are listed, sorted by class and name. Listed fields are name, class �nd the sum to pay. My question is about this amount-field. Even when a child doesn't have to pay, this field is shown (with value 0). As you can imagine, I have the wish that the user only sees this field if ...

Multiple field copy
I would like to copy a series of unbound controls (up to 6, actual data value from Table A) from one control to another field on the same form. Instead doing this one at a time copy and pasting, i would like to do this through a command button (or better automation) when pressed will copy contents of all controls on left side of form from (Table A) to like controls/fields on left side of form (Table B). The two tables are not linked and dont have any relationship. Not great at using VBA so other solutions preferred. Chuck hi, You would need to program Access in some way to accompli...

How do I install an existing word 2003 template in 2007
I need to install existing templates from word 2003. I can add them under templates recently used, and I can select them under change styles, but their particular formatting doesn't appear on the ribbon. I run XP but no Save In Trusted Templates choice appears under Save As - as per help directions. Tearing hair out. Word 2007 is not fussy where the document templates are stored (apart from the normal template). If the templates contain macros then the folder must be a trusted folder. Either make the folder containing the templates a trusted folder or move them to an alr...

Outlook 2007 SP2 on Windows 7
Hi All, I have upgraded my laptop to Windows 7. After I installed office 2007 sp2, in outlook 2007 when I create new email or reply email, the mouse buttons seems not work any more. I don't have highlight and right click. It was working before I installed sp2. I try reinstall everything without any luck. Is this a outlook bug? I don't think it's a bug - did you try Help, Office Diagnostics? Have you rebooted since installing SP2? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ ...

Hyperlinks in Outlook 2007 with Windows 7
I did a fresh install of Windows 7 and Office 2007 and right off the bat the end user cannot open up hyperlinks from within outlook. IE8 is the default broswer. No other browsers have been installed. I all reset IE8 from the advanced tab and also unintalled and reinstalled IE8 as well. Troy See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Troy" <Troy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D34D8C9-CCB1-4F...

Remove Data From Field
I have records in a TABLE that look like the following: Jklebowski (Logged Out) lawilliams (Logged Out) etc..... I am looking for a way (within a QUERY) to remove the (Logged Out) from each record. If it helps at all....The words (Logged Out) are always at the END of the record....and always follows the Username and a single space Can anyone help me with the syntax required to eliminated this "piece" of each record?? Thank you Warren Phillips Lookup the Split() function. Split the field at the "(" character. HTH - Bob WDP wrote: >I have records in a TAB...

Third party utilites to synch two computers (Outlook 2007)
Hi, Because synchronizing two computers with Outlook 2007 seems a daunting task that involves copying PST, some files in the program directory and some other in the registry, could someone recommend any third party utility to do the job ? Thanks Bangali Take a look here, it may help: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Bangali asked: | Hi, |=20 | Because synchronizin...

Calculating percent of a field in two different records
Hi, I have actual and projected customer sales data by month in a query. So for each customer, there are two records. The field names for each record will have a CustomerName, Type and then a field for every month of the year (January, February etc). The type is either Actual or Budget. What I want to do is to divide the January Actual by the January Budget and give a percentage on a form. All I can seem to do is to sum them based on the report wizard. I have created a seperate query which places the January Actual and January Budget in the same field and then calculates the Percent...

Combo look up, format from number to text field
Hi I was given this code to look up on two combo box name Customer Number Posting Date Period which then a third combo box would look up on these two combo box an sum the value Amount field in a table for example Customer Number C00001 Posting Date 2009/07 Amount £5000 This is my code so far =DSum("Amount", " July 09 - On Billings and Adjustments Data Query ", " Format (Customer No#, "text) = " & Format (cboCustomerNumber.Value, "text") & " AND Format(Posting Date Period, "...

Microsoft Word
I need help!! Microsoft Word program came with my computer,thru Gateway, and I had to have my computer reparied and lost the Word program because I do not have the key numbers. Gateway said they cannot help me and I will have to go thru Microsoft. I purchased my computer in August 2000. Let me know what I must do. Thanks. >-----Original Message----- >I need help!! Microsoft Word program came with my >computer,thru Gateway, and I had to have my computer >reparied and lost the Word program because I do not have >the key numbers. Gateway said they cannot help me...

Tab Order #2
Hi all, I wonder if any of you could help. I have a spreadsheet which has the appearence of a form, containing questions and input boxes. I would like data entry to be as easy as possible, one possibility is to enable the user to use the tab button to jump from input box to input box. I have seen it done before but cannot work out how it is done. Could someone help me to make this happen? Graham Graham I've never done it, but I've seen it suggested!! Select each cell in the order you want (using Ctrl and click), strating with the second and finishing with the first, an...

i want to update publisher
dear sir, I am using Microsoft office 2007 in my pc, But Publisher is not licensed, Thus, i can't run it, Thus i kindly request to make a provision for installing Publisher in our Laptop thanking you You need to purchase a license for Publisher. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "RAJENDRAN B" <RAJENDRAN B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E18B07D0-72B6-4776-814C-33D71C792994@microsoft.com... > dear sir, > > I am using Microsoft office 200...

new mail messsage under word
Dear All, I'm using outlook office 2003 SP1. Previously before upgrading to SP1, whenever i click on new mail message , it would open under ms. word as the mail was checked for ms word as editor in Mail Format. It is now opening within outlook itself the new mail messsage. Unlike previously it would open in Ms. Word in a different taskbar ( can differiantiate between inboxes and new mail messages). Install Office 2003 SP-2. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be del...

Read outlook from MS ACCESS, how to disable "Do You want to allow this"
Hello, I have developed a Access application that needs to read mail from Outlook, versions on Access and outlook are 2003. In the code i use mapi to connect to outlook. When i tries to read the subject of a message outlook displays "A program is trying to access e-mail adresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this." And then i can allow access for max 10 minutes. My application is use scheduled statupm creating reports without man-macine interferance so i need to disable this message. I have tried with modifiing registry KEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office...

Unable to Open Attachment Task Pane in Outlook 2007
I am totally unable to open the very useful Attachment Options Task Pane in Outlook 2007. I press the little icon in the corner of the 'Include' section in the ribbon, but nothing happens. The other Windows and Panes selectable from the other ribbon options all open OK (Clipboard, text, Options etc), but not the Attachment Options. Any ideas please? -- Neil You'll first need to attach a file before you are able to click on the small icon. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downl...

MS Word Message Board?
Can anyone point me to a Word message board? Thank you -- tkapla ----------------------------------------------------------------------- tkaplan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2298 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=40145 You can here and I'll answer: http://www.officearticles.com/forums/ ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "tkaplan" <tkaplan.1uqiud_1125669911.1523@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:tkaplan.1uqiud_1125669911.1523@excelforum-nospam.com... > > Can...

Add-ins in Excel 2007
I have a series of add-ins that apparently load on Excel 2007 but do not appear in the Ribbon. Example: all my COM add-ins. (eg asap utilities etc.) What's up? All custom menu items created by add-ins are listed in the Add-Ins tab. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com (email address is on the web site) "Cary" <carygee@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u5SK9k8SHHA.4844@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I have a series of add-ins that apparently load on Excel 2007 but do not >appear in the Ribbon. Example: a...

Microsoft Outlook 2007
Outlook won't open, gives message to run repair tool. Repair tool won't run, says pst file is in use. Dug into where it might be in use - says it's open in System. Doesn't help me... how to I close it so I can run the repair tool and change the auto-delete function on deleted emails? Are you using any addins or utilities that use outlook data? Syncing with a phone? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscrib...

Tab order for cells
How can I set a tab order for cells in a worksheet so i can tab just to those cells? Thanks See: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0008.html -- Gary''s Student "John W" wrote: > How can I set a tab order for cells in a worksheet so i can tab just to those > cells? > > Thanks > > ...

Handling tab key navigation in CScrollView derived class
I have a CScrollView derived class which contains dialog controls. I am trying to handle user tab key navigation. The relevant controls are created with the style WS_TABSTOP. I have overridden PreTranslateMessage so: BOOL MyScrollView::PreTranslateMessage( MSG *pMsg ) { if( pMsg->message == WM_KEYDOWN ) { switch ( pMsg->wParam ) { case VK_TAB: SendMessage( WM_NEXTDLGCTL, 0, FALSE ); break; } } return CScrollView::PreTranslateMessage( pMsg ); } As far as I understand it, WM_NEXTDLGCTL with a wParam of 0 will move f...