I own a works suite 2006 why can't I put it in 2 different compute

My old computer crashed yesterday..so after I installed it in my new computer
I get a message from you that I already have it installed in a different
computer that is true...but if I own it and have registered it why can't I
put in on my new computer as well..?
thank you for any help that you give.
Deb

You probably have to contact Microsoft by phone in order to activate Office on
your new computer.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"mymxboyz" <mymxboyz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My old computer crashed yesterday..so after I installed it in my new computer
> I get a message from you that I already have it installed in a different
> computer that is true...but if I own it and have registered it why can't I
> put in on my new computer as well..?
> thank you for any help that you give.
> Deb

0
Stefan
6/5/2010 7:16:19 PM
I realize you were asking about Works rather than Office or Word, but the same
principle applies. :-)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stefan Blom" <StefanBlom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> You probably have to contact Microsoft by phone in order to activate Office on
> your new computer.
>
> --
> Stefan Blom
> Microsoft Word MVP
>

> "mymxboyz" <mymxboyz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> My old computer crashed yesterday..so after I installed it in my new computer
>> I get a message from you that I already have it installed in a different
>> computer that is true...but if I own it and have registered it why can't I
>> put in on my new computer as well..?
>> thank you for any help that you give.
>> Deb

0
Stefan
6/5/2010 7:40:19 PM
Did it come preinstalled on your old computer?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"mymxboyz" <mymxboyz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My old computer crashed yesterday..so after I installed it in my new
> computer
> I get a message from you that I already have it installed in a different
> computer that is true...but if I own it and have registered it why can't I
> put in on my new computer as well..?
> thank you for any help that you give.
> Deb

0
JoAnn
6/5/2010 8:53:54 PM
If the application was pre-installed and supplied with a PC, then it is
likely that it is an OEM version licensed for use only on that one PC. If
you paid separately and have the disc, there may still be a licensing issue
that is preventing you from installing the Word part of the suite (I think
the Works part may install without the requirement to activate). In the
latter circumstances, you can, as Stephan indicated, activate by telephone
when you can explain to the operator that you are moving it to another PC.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"mymxboyz" <mymxboyz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My old computer crashed yesterday..so after I installed it in my new
> computer
> I get a message from you that I already have it installed in a different
> computer that is true...but if I own it and have registered it why can't I
> put in on my new computer as well..?
> thank you for any help that you give.
> Deb

0
Graham

Script #2
I am using exchange server for a company based calendar, and POP3 email. Exchange keeps setting itself as the default account, and when my user try to send email, the emails will return to them saying unable to send mail. There is supposed to be script that you can disable to stop this from happening. Does any one know how to do this? On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 06:01:04 -0700, "Rkd2398" <Rkd2398@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am using exchange server for a company based calendar, and POP3 email. >Exchange keeps setting itself as the default account, and when my user ...

A CString question #2
Hi to all, Given the following: CString sTheString = "Hello world"; void UseTheString(CString s) { ... } Where UseTheString() is a function that takes a string as an argument. My questions are the following: 1. Is it rather better to use the below version of the function? If yes, why? void UseTheString(LPCTSTR s) { ... } 2. When can I substitute a CString with a LPCTSTR and vice versa? Thanks a lot, Geo Geo wrote: > Hi to all, > > Given the following: > > CString sTheString = "Hello world"; > void UseTheString(CString s) &...

Junk E-mail filter problems in Outlook 2003 #2
The Junk E-mail Options - Safe Senders tab states "E-mail from addresses or domain names on your Safe Senders List will never be treated as junk e-mail. In that list I have (for example) nytdirect@nytimes.com which is the from address for a daily DealBook summary to which I have subscribed. Yet, in an unpredictable pattern, email from this address lands in my Junk E-mail folder. Each time, I click on the "Not Junk" toolbar button and am then informed in a "Mark as Not Junk" dialog box that "This message will be moved back into the Inbox Folder." I then leave...

Work with view (advanced issue)
I add a new field to quote: "related_other_account_id". This field store the ID of an Account (different from the "Potential Customer" field) (lets call this Account: The Supplier) Now I need to show the "related quote" from the Supplier Account. I think I would need to build a query like: <all quotes having "related_other_account" field = the current Account ID value... but I don't know if it is possible. How can I handle this ? Where are you trying to show this? "Sebastiano Castrini" <[remove this]castrini@libero.it> wrot...

Why does "windows in taskbar" not work in excel 2003
I am running Excel 2003 on WindowsXP Pro and the Windows in Taskbar does not work. Sometimes the Excel icon in the taskbar will disapear when you click on it; I have to click Alt+Tab in order to see and get to the open Excel session at that point. I ran Excel /regserver and Detect and repair and no luck. Try: Tools > Options > View and ensure Windows In Taskbar is checked. HTH hey DNA, Thanks for the reply but it doesn't work. basically when I turn it off and apply and then switch it back on it works but when Excel is closed and reopend, it no longer works. Anybody? &...

Sumproduct and the darn dates! #2
Great - it worked! Thank you. : -- Krelle ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Kreller's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1163 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27044 glad it helped -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Kreller" <Kreller.1edlop@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Kreller.1edlop@excelforum-nospam.com... > > Great - it worked! Thank you. :) > > > -- > Kreller > -----------------------------------------...

CRM 1.2 & 3 on the sae server
Is it possible to install a CRM 3 on the same server (and not to upgrade) where the 1.2 CRM is already installed? I dont believe you can do that, unless you are using server virtualization. "David Massard" wrote: > Is it possible to install a CRM 3 on the same server (and not to upgrade) > where the 1.2 CRM is already installed? Both versions use the same registry hive, so they can not run on the same machine. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "chad.buser@ncsi.cc" <chadbuserncsicc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:885DC6E8-3226-4D1F-9...

Data analysis by 2-dimensional data table + database
Hello, in an old Excel-manual (possibly way back to version 3) by Microsoft there was an excellent example of a 2-dimensional datatable (in German: Mehrfachoperation) with input variables based on database results. Now I would need to apply this technique, but my old manual is lost, and I can't figure out by heart exactly how this was done. Does somebody still have an old manual from which to draw the model, or can let me know the deatils of the trick? Thank you in advance. Kind regards, H.G. Lamy H., I think that you are talking about a cross-tab table....

shading difference between two series
Hi, i'm trying to create a chart that has two data series Y1 and Y2 Whenever Y1 is greater than Y2 I want to shade that region with on color lets say blue. Whenever Y1 is Below Y2 I would like to share th region with another color i.e red. Is there any way to do this? I'v tried duplicating the Y1 and Y2 series and then doing an area fill o the two new added series but I'm left with an area fill below th intersection of these two lines that I dont want. thanks, Da -- ybufal ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ybufalo's Profile: http:...

Out of Office not working Exchange 2003
I have an Exchange 2003 server, and have set the Internet Message Formats properties to allow Out of Office responses, restarted the SMTP and Exchange Routing Engine services, but it still won't send the Out of Office message to outside recipients. I even set the Allow automatic replies to on, just to see if that will work, but it simply doesn't. Any ideas on what else I need to do? A client really needs to get this working on his server, and I can't even get it working on mine. Rob Miles -- There are only 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary and those w...

How does the Word "lock anchor" function work for objects
I am trying to paste objects into a word document, but the objects move even though I have selected "in line with text" or "top and bottom" for formatting. How does the "lock anchor" function work for objects in a Word document? Anchors are only relevant for objects that are NOT "In line with text" because if an object is "In line with text" it behaves like a (large) text character. You can lock an anchor to prevent it from being dragged, but the anchor will still move if you cut and paste the object, or if you cut and paste th...

Web Integration #2
Is anyone using a web integration solution with more than one site from the same database other than the Kosmos solution? Bill Hobby Central On Oct 26, 12:25=A0pm, Hobby Central <HobbyCent...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is anyone using a web integration solution with more than one site from t= he > same database other than the Kosmos solution? > > Bill > Hobby Central We have 7 or 8 plus e-commerce sites using one database on the Nitrosell platform. Nitrosell ties in real time with your inventory, and as you add additional web stores you add additional columns...

Sorting problem #2
Dear all, I have a list of integers from A1 to A10. If I would like to store the absolute address of the third cell counted from the top in column A containing "1" in B1, what formula should I use? For example, if the data from A1 to A10 are 3, 1, 1, 2, 1, 2, 2, 2, 1, 3, I want B1 stores "$A$5" as A5 is the third cell containing "1". Thanks in advance. Best Regards, Chris Chris, One way Add a column B with the cell names i.e a1,a2,a3,a4,a5,etc Enter in C1 ...........=B3 do a sort on A column after selecting a1:b10 Use the undo button, enter ne...

Followup Flag Reminder #2
Hello, I have issues using 'Flag Reminder' feature. I have setup rules wizard to move messages to different folders. Now if I flag a message that has been moved to a different folder, I don't get any reminders, though I am getting reminders if the flagged message is in the Inbox itself. Has anyone faced this problem? How do I resolve this? Thanks, Ravi Reminders will only fire from the Inbox, Calendar, Contacts, and Tasks folders in the default mail store. You'd need a 3rd party add-in to make them work in other folders. See www.slovaktech.com for a couple of add-ins...

outlook2003 antispam filter not working if filters to move email is enable
the filters for move email in others folder have advanced priority to filter antiSpam. therefore the email do not come intercepted from filter antiSpam if a rule in order to move email in predefined folder. Example: filter: email whit TO: carlo@test.com move in forlder CARLO and antispam filter block @XXXX.XXX email arrives con sender xxxx@xxx.xxx and TO: carlo@test.com = the filter move email in CARLO folder. If I off filter for "move email in CARLO folder" the filter antispam block email and move in atispam folder. in practical if I hold assets the filters to move the ...

Only 2000 characters in CRM 1.2?
HI, I have using MS CRM 1.2 and we seem to be limited in the notes section for Phone calls and letters to 2000 characters which we find VERY limiting. Is there any way around this at all? CHeers, Paul Yeah...upgrade! EnigmaPaul@gmail.com schreef: > HI, > > I have using MS CRM 1.2 and we seem to be limited in the notes section > for Phone calls and letters to 2000 characters which we find VERY > limiting. > > Is there any way around this at all? > > CHeers, > > Paul ...

Big-Endian and Little-Endian different?
kaixin110@msn.com thanks a lot! Take an example of a WORD variable with the value 0x1234. Intel processors would normally store this value in memory as: 0x34, 0x12 That is, the least significant byte comes first, with the lowest address. This is called little-Endian. Some processors store data with the most significant byte first. That is called big-Endian. -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits http://www.softcircuits.com Say you had a stack that only held one number and you had 2 numbers. 12 Which number would you put on the stack first, the 1 or the 2? 1 2 or 2 1 Well, there is the B...

Excel book #2
Witch is the best excel book? marquetta.kayes@booomail.com Depends upon where you start from, and what you want to achieve. Check out John Walkenbach's Excel 2003 Bible as a start. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "marquetta kayes" <marquetta.kayes@livepharm.com> wrote in message news:1a5c7$42e4a746$d99c5301$8690@allthenewsgroups.com... > Witch is the best excel book? > > marquetta.kayes@booomail.com Considering you can get it delivered to your inbox, free, you might want to try MrExcel's new book. http://www...

Cash Sales Entry #2
How to do a cash sales entry? You mean a cash-basis accounting type of entry or a sales transaction where you are receiving cash (as opposed to check or credit card)? New User wrote: > How to do a cash sales entry? ...

Setting contact to different email account
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0038_01C9C572.AEA25E70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have 3 email accounts and I want to set one of my contacts to one of = the other accounts - not the default account that Outlook is set to. Is = there a way to do this in Outlook 2007? I sometimes forget to change to = the account when writing an email and it doesn't reach the recipient = because they have their email setup to only receive email from people in = their address book. Thanks, Wyman...

MS POS 2.0 install in Spanish
Hi Everyone, I want to install MS POS 2.0 in Spanish. Has anyone accomplished this? Thanks, Patricia Hi Patricia.... You have to contact Mr Louis Piedra in Scansource technologies. They are the latin american partners of Microsoft RMS. I understand that they have already the files needed to run RMS 2.0 in spanish. "Patricia" wrote: > Hi Everyone, > > I want to install MS POS 2.0 in Spanish. Has anyone accomplished this? > Thanks, > > Patricia ...

Cannot delete a public folder #2
Hello, I have a public folder under all public folders that I cannot delete. When I try to delete it in Outlook is says "Some items could not be deleted. They were either moved or already deleted, or access was denied." When I try to delete the folder from ESM it asks me if if I'm sure, I click yes and then get prompted for authentication. I have tried both the domain adminstrators account and the account I use to administer the domain and Exchange. It just keeps prompting me for a user name and password until finally it says access denied. I've gone through just abou...

customise timeline
Hi there, I need to set up a customised timeline with a "day 0" - it's to do a month end timetable for an accounting function. Day 0 would be the last day of the month and is the reference point day -3, -2, -1, 0, 1, 2, 3 4 etc Do you know how I can set this up? At the moment it goes from day 1 to day -1 and I need a day 0 in between. Thanks Thanks, Hi robbo, Are you trying to customize the Gantt chart timeline? If so, I'm sorry, the answer is no. I hope this helps. Let us know how you get along. Julie Project MVP Visit http://project.mv...

Unable to open excel file #2
Hi. I have problem openning an excel file from windows explorer or from my desktop. However, when I open the excel program and open a file manually(File-Open----) everything works fine. I get an error message that the file could not be located. I noticed that it adds .xls to every word separated by space. For example: My file is in C:/Shared/Folder/test.xls, it tries to open: C:/Shared.xls then Folder.xls then test.xls Please help. Thanks. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi! I think the steps below will solve this problem: 1. Exit Excel 2. From the Startmenu, cli...

Copying a formula with different sheet refs
I need to fill in the formula, "=IF(MAX(Sheet2!B5:B200)>(TODAY()-21),"not due","due")" in sheet1 from cell b2 to B200 but to change only the Sheet ref so that b3 refers to sheet3, and b4 refers to sheet4 and so on. When I try to fill down, Excel changes the range of cells, not the sheet nos and if I try to copy and paste, the same thing happens. Would be grateful of any help please. ...