I keep getting the word page where the page number should go

I am using windows xp and just changed from word 2002 to word 2003. There are
page numbers in the upper right corner in my document, but when I print the
document, I get the word page printed in closed in brackets on every page.  I
have a HPdeskjet 940c.  I have tried moving the margins around but that
doesn/t seem to help. Can you help?

In your Print dialog (Ctrl-P) > Options (or Tools > Options > Print),
there is a checkbox labeled "Field Codes." Uncheck that.

On Jan 23, 3:02=A0am, jexie <je...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I am using windows xp and just changed from word 2002 to word 2003. There=
 are
> page numbers in the upper right corner in my document, but when I print t=
he
> document, I get the word page printed in closed in brackets on every page=
.. =A0I
> have a HPdeskjet 940c. =A0I have tried moving the margins around but that
> doesn/t seem to help. Can you help?

0
Peter
1/23/2010 12:31:33 PM
Thank you so much.  That did the trick.

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote:

> In your Print dialog (Ctrl-P) > Options (or Tools > Options > Print),
> there is a checkbox labeled "Field Codes." Uncheck that.
>
> On Jan 23, 3:02 am, jexie <je...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > I am using windows xp and just changed from word 2002 to word 2003. There are
> > page numbers in the upper right corner in my document, but when I print the
> > document, I get the word page printed in closed in brackets on every page..  I
> > have a HPdeskjet 940c.  I have tried moving the margins around but that
> > doesn/t seem to help. Can you help?
>
> .

number rounding in MS Excel

multiple flyers per page?

printing 2 charts on single page

Word 2004 overriding global prefs
Okay.. PMG5 running 10.4.6. I have a problem with the default page setup settings in two limited user accounts (my own, admin account, is fine). As I am in the UK, the global default paper size is set to A4. All applications respect this - bar Word. Every time it's fired up, and a new document selected, the paper size is always US Letter. This does NOT affect any other Office application. I have tried trashing prefs - I've even removed (using the supplied removal tool) and reinstalled Office. My mother uses Word extensively as she works at home a good deal. She wouldn't ...

Getting the BCC field by default.

Phone Number Filtering

Roman and Arabic numbers in SEQ
Running 2003 on XP. Got a doc that has SEQ numbering. The code is: ARTICLE{seq level0\h\r0}{seq level1\h\r0} etc. to level 7 and the last entry is {seq level0\r1\*ROMAN) This displays ARTICLE I The next level down is has this code: {seq level0\c\*ROMAN}.{seq level1\r1 \*arabic} This displays as : I.1, with numbers until article five displaying as V.1, V.2, etc. I want it to display as 1.1, 1.2, etc. I tried replacing the ROMAN with arabic, but it didn't change anything. I have spent hours trying to figure this out. Using reveal formating and styles, they are no styles...

Fractions Number format

Invoice Numbers 10-27-07

opening a .docx with word 2004

Rounding Numbers #3

Getting rid of selection

Workplace Queues

Macro

Word 2003: Will it work on Windows 7 Pro

Get info from Fidelity
I use money's portfolio manager to retrieve info from my Fidelity accounts. However, it only retrieve stock and bond informations. It did not retrieve the money market fund information. How can I make it download money market fund info? In microsoft.public.money, Peter Tso wrote: >I use money's portfolio manager to retrieve info from my >Fidelity accounts. However, it only retrieve stock and >bond informations. It did not retrieve the money market >fund information. How can I make it download money market >fund info? Fidelity does things a differently th...

Get Xml from web .
This is a link to an address where I would like to access xml. http://setiathome2.ssl.berkeley.edu/fcgi-bin/fcgi?cmd=user_xml&email=XXXX The XXXX is the email address of a user. All I want to do is access the xml and view it in a datagrid. I have read several tuturials and articles and have not been able to find something that would explain how to do this. Does anyone know of a sample code or something close I could use as a reference. I am using visualstudio.net. and visual basic. THX Take a look at using the following classes on your app: HttpWebRequest HttpWebResponse DataSe...

Auto calc YTD Numbers
Cells A1:L1 equal "Jan" thru "Dec". M1 equals "YTD". Cells A2:L2 equal numeric values. If you haven't guessed it already, I would like M2 to sum all the values A2:L2 for those months previous and including the current month (but not future months). What is the best way for going about this Here are 2 ways =SUM(OFFSET($A$2,,,,MATCH(TEXT(TODAY(),"mmm"),$A$1:$L$1,0))) or =SUM(OFFSET($A$2,,,,MONTH(TODAY()))) hopefully your computer's clock is accurate -- For everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup. Regards, Peo Sjo...