I do not want to see grammar checks for passive voice

Every document I type has a grammar error indicating "passive voice" might
want to consider revising.  I do not have a good understanding of what
passive voice means and I really do not want to see it so I am wondering if
there is a setting in the grammar check that I can deselect to turn off the
passive voice check?

Check Table of Content is matching
Hi, Is there any easy way to check whether the table of contents is matching with the content of the document? Is there any provision in word for automatically updating the table of contenets whenever the document is modified? Thanks! There are several ways to refesh the TOC. Mouse right click over it and press refresh. Place cursor in the TOC, press F9 will also do this. What is usually best is to refresh the whole document, Ctrl+A, then press F9. This will update all fields in the document, Headings, TOC, Cross-references, etc. You can also create a macro to do this, a...

Check for duplicates with multiple criteria
My table contains a field labled "Case Number" and another field labled "Date Completed". I have created an input form and included code to check for duplicate case numbers. A msgbox appears with a warning. I would like the code to check for a duplicate case number and then check the "Date Completed" field to see if it is blank. If it is blank I would like the existing record to open. If the date completed field is not blank I would like to continue entering data in the form to create a new record. The code I am currently using is: Private Su...

Can't see my macro.
I used the following procedure to create a macro: 1. Open the workbook which contains the data. 2. Press ALT+F11 to activate the Visual Basic Editor. 3. Click Module on the Insert menu to insert a module. Type the macro above in the module's code window. 4. Click Close and Return to Microsoft Excel on the File menu. However, when I try to do the following: 5. Point to Macros on the Tools menu and click Macro. Select the macro, and click Run. ....I can't, because my macro is not listed! Any suggestions as to why? Thanks for the help. could be that you saved the macro in the...

Check Disk disabled 2/3 of the services
I ran CheckDisk and, after it was finished 2/3 of Windows Services were disabled. Why did that happen? Will it happen if I run CheckDisk again? In news:0E7EFF2E-046E-468F-A368-DDAFAFA0DEC5@microsoft.com, Sol <Sol@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I ran CheckDisk and, after it was finished 2/3 of Windows Services > were disabled. Why did that happen? Will it happen if I run > CheckDisk again? There are chances, with seriously messed up drives, where chkdsk can misinterpret things and damage the system tables. It usually means the disc is trashed, software wi...

Checks not Posint to AccountReceivable Table in HQ
Hello - I have a situation where checks are not posting as payments in the accountreceivable table in HQ. The customer table however shows a value for storeid for those that do not post whereas those that do post, from a different store, have value of 0. The stores where I have this problem were standalone stores at one time before becoming global. Any ideas? Thanks, Phil ...

I don't want the recipients to reply my message
I want to send a message as Information only. Therefore, I don't want the recipients to reply to me. Please show me how to stop them replying. Thanks Chi Huynh I don't think you can do that any way other than putting it as a notice in the email. You could set the Reply-To address to be someone else's or one that doesn't exist. "Chi" <Chi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DB9F39BB-7C9F-4136-8FFE-EC6140296063@microsoft.com... >I want to send a message as Information only. Therefore, I don't want the > recipients to reply to me. P...

voided check in wrong year
I voided a check in February of 07 that was dated 1/5/06, the check was never cashed. Now the GL and TB for the Checking account is off every month going back to the date the check was issued. How can I correct this? -- Bridget Thiele ZefTek Inc Bridget: I would do a reversing journal entry dated 1/5/06 and have it reverse on the date in February '07 you voided the check. You'll have to open January 06 period and then close it after you do the journal entry. Be aware though, that you're going to be changing account balances in a closed year (assuming you're on a calend...

want to get field value from say the 10th record of a query
I need to make a random selection from a master list based on criteria, so some entries in the master won't fit the criteria. First, I narrow down the master to those entries that DO fit, then I need to select from that narrowed list randomly. What I WANT to do, is to count the entries that fit the criteria, generate a random number RND, between 1 and COUNT, and choose the RNDth record, but I don't know how. I know how to get the first, last, average, .... but not the 3rd, 10th, 125th etc. Thanks for being here to put questions to! Helen :) I must not be unders...

i want to input data into a range from a simple input location 03-05-10
I am building a matrix 48X48 and rather than going to that tab and locating the location i want to have a tab as an input page to type in one of the "Y" and an "X" and type in the number i want at that location. Front end of a Data base type input - Y location _____ X location _____ Data to input _____ Enter data Tab Add the following macro to a button: Sub MatrixFill() With ActiveSheet ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("table2").Range("A1:AV48").Cells(.Range("A1"), .Range("A2")) = .Range("A3") End With ...

some users can't see full price list
I have 80 products in a price list - I can see them all - some of my users can only see 50. Is it something on his user privileges or security settings? (I wasn't aware of making any of the products different when I constructed the price list.) Any suggestions gratefully received. Sorry if this seems daft, but if users are seeing exactly 50 products it could just be due to Records per Page setting for each user under Tools, Options -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk "Ann" wrote: > I have 80 products in a price list - I ...

Copying check templates across companies
Can anyone tell me how I copy a check template from an existing company to a new company? Is it easier to do it that way or create a brand new template? Thanks! Are you talking a customized GP check or a 3rd party check like Mekorma? If a GP check, you can use Customization Maintenance (MS Dynamics GP>Tools>Customization>Customization Maintenance) to export the check form from the old company and import it into the new company. You're talking about a whole separate instance of GP right? If it's just a new database in the same instance, you should have access to...

Spreadsheet - Deleting Duplicate Records
I have read a number of duplicate record removal posts here. I have used the Advanced Filter options. I know very little about the coded logical functions in Excel. In the protocol to set a unique list for reference in filtering if I have to assign every single unique entry then I will be in essence deleting the duplicates by hand as there are many of them. The basic issue is this. The data records are entered for couples such that there is: Janet,Brown,X,Y,Z,Phone1 Janet,Brown,X,Y,Z,Phone2 Janet,Brown,X,Y,Z,Phone3 John,Brown,X,Y,Z,Phone1 John,Brown,X,Y,Z,Phone2 John...

'always send to this recipient in Microsoft Outlook rich-text format' checked when created from a blackberry
outlook 2000 exchange 5.5 blackberry 4.1 if I create a contact using the outlook 2000 client by default, the email property 'always send to this recipient in Microsoft Outlook rich-text format' is 'unchecked' if I create the contact on the blackberry and sync it with outlook, when the contact is added to outlook, the email property 'always send to this recipient in Microsoft Outlook rich-text format' is 'checked' so that when 1) I tried to use the contact to send mail, I get "the operation failed" when hitting the send button 2) I open t...

Module to check folder existance
How to wite a module to check folder " Report " exist or not. If it doesn't exist ,then vba create one. Later I need to keep my access pdf report to this folder before attach it to my email. thank's See: FileExists() and FolderExists() functions at: http://allenbrowne.com/func-11.html If the folder does not exist, use MkDir to create it. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "rahmad" <chooriang@gmail.com> wrote ...

Checking for Duplicates
Hi, I am new to this forum, infact this is my first thread. I have been reading various threads and replies and I must say that I am impress with the level of knowledge available here. Now, I would like assistance in figuring out a solution. I have 2 sheets with following data (for example): Sheet 1: Cert # Amount CA 1000345 $1,000.00 and the above continue on to upto 600 rows. On Sheet 2: I also have the same data (not necessarily the same numbers). I want to do the following: I would like to (on a new sheet) list of all the duplicate "Cert #s&...

Spell Check #11
When I send an e-mail I get an error in Outlook Express becuase it is looking for a version of MSWord that is no longer installed. How do I tell Express where to look for a dictionary? ...

Accepting a meeting
Currently, when I accept a meeting with Outlook 2000, I have to then find the meeting, open it, and then tell it to notify me 5 minutes ahead of time. Is there a setting to set to tell Outlook to let me do this setting as I accept the meeting? ...

When pasting data into a column with data validation I lose validation check
Hi All, Im using MS excel 2000 sr1, I have set up some basic validation on a spreadsheet column to say only allow whole numbers between 1 and 10 (as an example). However it is possible to type the number 11 in another column (with no validation) in a cell and then cut and paste this number into the column that has validation applied to it. The data validation to check for numbers between 1 and 10 does not trap this error or complain I.e. I believe it is taking the formatting from the cell I typed 11 in (which has no data validation) and applying it to the cell Im pasting to, which is in the co...

i cant see html on my incoming message (i see only plain text)
when i receive email all i see are the hyperlinks and plain text how do i change this so i can read the entire email and see photos and flash. ...

VISIO 2002 Wants Me to ACTIVATE Again?
I Have been running VISIO 2002 on my replacement Hard Drive since July (I had backed up my original "data.dat" file found in the following directory: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Data prior to Hard Drive Crash). I recently purchased a new monitor, and had to update my NVIDIA drivers. Now all of a sudden VISIO 2002 wants me to activate the product again. The New Monitor added USB drives, and the driver is different, but I wouldn't think VISIO 2002 would care. None of the other OFFICE Components Care including FrontPage 2002 and P...

Filtering by Check Boxes
I have created a multisheet workbook for my staff. One of the pages summarises results from the other worksheets. On this summary page, I have used check boxes in one of the columns to allow users to select relevant records and then filter for those records to show only those where the check boxes are True. Am experiencing problems with: 1. After filtering, some of the check boxes that were previously checked are no longer checked. 2. Removing the filter and reapplying the filter returns different records. Any ideas would be appreciated. -- Many Thanks EGGcel Did you use checkboxes ...

I cannot see the send button when replying to an email
tina <tina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Ask your question in the BODY of the message, not the subject. What you describe is a symptom of an improperly defined mail account. -- Brian Tillman ...

I don't want license for some users...
Is there any way to have active users without license? My service manager needs to plan services. Services are processed by service staff. This staff don't need to work in CRM (no licenses for them) but they are people and I want them to have in system as users which can be attached to work group. Is it possible? Or should I use equipment object to add people there? The only user you can have without a license is System Admin. So I will have to enter my human resources in equipment list? "Krishna Sydney" wrote: > The only user you can have without a license is System ...

View and print a list of all documents paid with a single check
Currently there is no capability to re-print a check remittance after the check has been posted. There is no good screen or report to show/list the documents paid by a single check. Our customer has the need to periodically re-print a remittance advice for a vendor to show what documents were paid with a particular check. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open t...

Need MS query to check Current Directory
I need to know how to make MS QUERY queries look at the CURRENT workbook Directory instead of the creation directory which it imbeds. I am NOT talking about the default directory in tool -> options-> general -> default file location. Example of query MTHLYISSUE.DQY XLODBC 1 DSN=MS Access Database;DBQ=C:\PROJECTS\BKL200401JAN\BOOKLEND.MDB;DefaultD ir=C:\PROJECTS\BKL200401JAN;DriverId=25;FIL=MS Access;MaxBufferSize=2048;PageTimeout=5;UID=admin; SELECT MonthlyIssuances.IssuanceMo, Sum (MonthlyIssuances.BookCnt) FROM BookLend.MonthlyIssuances MonthlyIssuances GROUP BY MonthlyIss...