Hyperlinks to page numbers in cross references

When using Word 2003, I inseted a crossreference to the page number of
a heading. I then inserted a page brea before the heading. I used F9
to update the page number which was fine, but then using Ctrl + click
it took me to the old page rather than the new one. Am I doing
something stupid?
0
janmd

If you inserted a manual page break at the beginning of the heading, the
hidden bookmark that Word uses for the cross-reference has expanded to
include the break (and possibly also other contents, such as text). The
quickest fix is to delete and then recreate the cross-reference.

In the future, carefully add page breaks and/or text at the *end* of a
paragraph, not at the beginning. That way, any bookmarks present won't
expand.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"janmd" <jdonbavand@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> When using Word 2003, I inseted a crossreference to the page number of
> a heading. I then inserted a page brea before the heading. I used F9
> to update the page number which was fine, but then using Ctrl + click
> it took me to the old page rather than the new one. Am I doing
> something stupid?

0
Stefan
11/20/2009 10:20:55 AM
On 20 Nov, 10:20, "Stefan Blom" <StefanB...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> If you inserted a manual page break at the beginning of the heading, the
> hidden bookmark that Word uses for the cross-reference has expanded to
> include the break (and possibly also other contents, such as text). The
> quickest fix is to delete and then recreate the cross-reference.
>
> In the future, carefully add page breaks and/or text at the *end* of a
> paragraph, not at the beginning. That way, any bookmarks present won't
> expand.
>
> --
> Stefan Blom
> Microsoft Word MVP
>
> "janmd" <jdonbav...@btinternet.com> wrote in message

> > When using Word 2003, I inseted a crossreference to the page number of
> > a heading. I then inserted a page brea before the heading. I used F9
> > to update the page number which was fine, but then using Ctrl + click
> > it took me to the old page rather than the new one. Am I doing
> > something stupid?- Hide quoted text -

Many thanks - that did the trick.
0
janmd
11/23/2009 9:33:19 AM
I'm glad I could help!

--

> On 20 Nov, 10:20, "Stefan Blom" <StefanB...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>> If you inserted a manual page break at the beginning of the heading, the
>> hidden bookmark that Word uses for the cross-reference has expanded to
>> include the break (and possibly also other contents, such as text). The
>> quickest fix is to delete and then recreate the cross-reference.
>>
>> In the future, carefully add page breaks and/or text at the *end* of a
>> paragraph, not at the beginning. That way, any bookmarks present won't
>> expand.
>>
>> --
>> Stefan Blom
>> Microsoft Word MVP
>>
>> "janmd" <jdonbav...@btinternet.com> wrote in message

>> > When using Word 2003, I inseted a crossreference to the page number of
>> > a heading. I then inserted a page brea before the heading. I used F9
>> > to update the page number which was fine, but then using Ctrl + click
>> > it took me to the old page rather than the new one. Am I doing
>> > something stupid?- Hide quoted text -

> Many thanks - that did the trick.

0
Stefan

extended stored procedure and "A significant part of sql server process memory has been paged out"
After calling my extended stored procedure I am getting the error: "A significant part of sql server process memory has been paged out. This may result in performance degradation" There don't seem to be any other errors, but I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I am using SQL 2005 on Windows 2003 Server. I know Extended Stored Procedures are supposed to be updated to CLR but sometimes it is just not possible. Thanks. Google seems to return tons of links about that. For example : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918483/en-us and in particul...

How to outline a number
I'm trying to outline a number with a different color. When I choose outline, the number turns white. What I'm looking to do is have a red "9" with black outline. Can someone please tell me how to do this? No can do in Publisher. You can use WordArt. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "GFolla" <GFolla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:48932C4C-464B-4EA9-B16B-B75221C8E591@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to outline a number with a different color. When I choose outline, > the number turns white. What I'm looking to do is have...

numbering
I have a list numbered like 1. xxx 2. yyy 3. zzz Just after this list I want to create another numbered list but ON will not let me start from 1 but will continue to count from 4 and on. How to start a list with 1 below a preceding list? I use ON 2010 beta When you create number 4 item, right click on it and select: Begin a new list from here. That's it! "minimus" wrote: > I have a list numbered like > > 1. xxx > 2. yyy > 3. zzz > > Just after this list I want to create another numbered list but ON will not > let me ...

list numbers in a block of cells
Is there a way to list the values in a block of cells. 400 600 800 350 200 625 250 222 125 9958 226 123 Like: 400 600 800 350 200 625 250 222 125 9958 226 123 Assume source data in A1:C4 Put in say, E1: =OFFSET($A$1,INT((ROWS($1:1)-1)/3),MOD(ROWS($1:1)-1,3)) Copy E1 down to E12 -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- "Jeff Klein" <jklein@nospam> wrote in message news:%23PyCLFqPIHA.5140@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to list the values in a block of cells. > > 400 600 800 > 350 200 6...

How can I view more than 2 pages at once?
I want to make a banner on Publisher but I want one letter on each page so I can cut them out. I am using wordart to create each letter but I would like to see all the pages laid out in a row all at once to make sure the letters are the same size. I know you can do a two page spread but that is no good. I also tried in the banner template to create margin lines to divide the one page into about 15 but when going to print preview the alignment of the letters is off. There has to be a way to view many pages at once (I know you can do it in word) any ideas? To make sure they were all the ...

How To Print Serial Numbers on the Receipt ?
How can I get the serial numbers of the items to print on the reciept printer for the client ? Thanks. -- GCI This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0153_01C6A669.0A5446B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable GCI, Modify receipt to print them. Instructions: http://tinyurl.com/qpzpr Must have access to CustomerSource --=20 * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader = to see and download the file attachment. If you are not usin...

Phone number normalizing
hi I am using this code to normaliza the phone number. However i also want it to normalize if the phonne number is in the format 021abcdef or 021 abcdeff. Can someone please advice me what i need to amend to this code to get this functionality going. Kind Regards Ridhima // Get the field that fired the event. var oField = event.srcElement; // Validate the field information. if (typeof(oField) != "undefined" && oField != null) { // Remove any nonnumeric characters. var sTmp = oField.DataValue.replace(/[^0-9]/g, ""); // If the number has a valid length, format ...

Web Page
Help! I am making a school web page using MS Publisher. When I try and preview my page, it only shows up on the left 1/3 of the screen. How can I see it as a full web page? Even when I press Full Page, it only shows up as part of the screen. After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Lindsay <olsenl@calistoga.k12.ca.us>... > I am making a school web page using MS Publisher. When I > try and preview my page, it only shows up on the left 1/3 > of the screen. How can I see it as a full web page? > Even when I press Full Page, it only shows up...

Why do multiple circular references affect each other in a worksh.
I am trying to create a mileage tracker for service records, eg. a1=total miles, b1=miles. I would like to enter in the new miles into b1 every time. I found that a circular reference works for this but for only one entry and I have many parts to keep track of. If at all possible I would like to be able to make this work for each part and all on one worksheet. If other worksheets are required for calculation purposes that is fine. Any help is appreciated. Take a look at http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/accumulator.html In article <3BCB94AA-A9B0-4107-BE70-9FB484765739@microsoft.com...

Publisher 2003 Page Setup
When opening up my previously saved greeting cards, my Publisher is changing the page setup. I print on one side of semi-gloss paper and fold twice. Now, upon opening saved cards, Publisher is changing the format to tent fold. Why is this happening and how do I restore the page setup as it was previously? Did you save the file after the last time you printed the file? By saving after you print the file you save all the print setups. -- Don Vancouver, USA "harlemnocturn" <harlemnocturn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:192F9049-1301-44CB-9C90-7AA16...

Negative numbers, parenthesis
Hello, Does anyone know how to force Excel 2003 to use parenthesis with negative numbers? -500 would appear as (500). I've changed regional settings but it still doesn't work in Excel. I know it can be done using custom formats but it's supposed to automatically work with financial formats, etc.. Thanks a lot! Hi this really depends on your Windows settings. But the easiest wax would really be to define a custom format (maybe crete a new workbook, defined this format and save this workbook as template file: *x.lt file) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany xan ...

Cannot resize page in Word 2008... ?
Hello all, I'm having troubles resizing an A3-sized page to an A4 size. I started out in Notebook Layout mode, typing some memos and meeting minutes, and then I switched to Print Layout. The page size was a whopping A3 (for some reason, the printer default or perhaps Word's default is at this massive A3 size), so I tried bringing it down to A4 using the File - Page Setup command. In the Page Setup dialog, there is a dropdown selection for the page size. I changed it to A4, and clicked OK... but no dice, no deal. Page still remains at A3 dimensions, even though the dialog...

Force circular reference
Oh wise ones, I have a file that constantly updates. I have some circular references in the file and have set up my options to allow for 1 iteration which I have read would allow for this. The problem is sometimes when I open the file the circular reference option is turned off. Is what can I do to prevent this. Is it like the calculation manual/auto issure where you can force one or the other in a workbook open event? If so, what would the syntax be? Thanks, Mike Hi Mike, Iteration, like the other Calculation Options, is an Excel-wide setting. If yo...

How do I make a number have leading zeros to fill width of cell?
I am trying to format existing data so that instead of being a set amount of digits, say 2 for example, it fills out the column based on its width, say 6, with leading zeros. Example - I have 55122 in a cell that has a width of 6, and I want it to say 055122. I know that changing the cell format to text and re-entering the data would fix this problem, but I want a way to change the data without re-entering it. You can use a custom format of 000000, but by width, do you mean that if the cell is widened it gets extra leading digits? -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if m...

insert a cover page
Even if you make the question be what is the subject -- it is too ambiguous. Always use the text body to fully describe what you want. You can start the page number at 2 and manually insert a cover page, or use a copier. Please use your first and last name and a valid email address when posting to newsgroups. If you are going to use an ambiguous email address at least make it unique to you so that you can find your own postings in a Google Groups search. If is rather impolite to not identify yourself when you post a question in Usenet. HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [s...

Using TAB to change pages
I have a multiple page form. Each page is a seperate tab. How do I get the tab key or enter key to go to the next page in the form. When I tried event procedures, I used on LOSTFOCUS GOTO PAGE 2. When the macro was run, it came back with an error The cammand or action "GOTO PAGE" is'nt available now. with the expination that I may be read only database or an unconverted database. I am using 2007. So you are using a Tab Control? The tab control has multiple tab pages... Just set focus to the next tab page: TabPage1.SetFocus etc. This is different to having multiple page...

Delayed Page Numbering
I use MS Publisher 2003. How can I best delay the master page and page numbering? I want the master page and page numbering (i.e. beginning at 1) to come into affect on page 3 of the actual publication, so that I may include two sides of a front cover at the beginning. A similar thing with 2 unnumbered pages at the end for the back cover. Any help is appreciated. Jim Cook wrote: > I use MS Publisher 2003. How can I best delay the master page and > page numbering? I want the master page and page numbering (i.e. > beginning at 1) to come into affect on page 3 of the actual > p...

Reference for Silicon Digital
We are looking for a partner reference. Has anyone out there use Silicon Digital to migrate data from Quickbooks to GP? We would love to hear about your experience. Did your project come in on budget? Did they deliver on time? Would you work with them again? THANKS IN ADVANCE, Sharon Woloshin Total Accounting Solutions Microsoft Gold Certfied Partner ...

Using macro for page break
How can we use a macro to insert page breaks every 25th line? Please help. -- Sara Sara, If your row height is consistent, you may be able to get the same result by raising the bottom margin. File - Print Preview. Turn on the Margins button. Drag the bottom margin (the upper one at the bottom -- the other is for the footer) up until it prints only 25 rows. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Sara" <Sara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADF97304-65AE-47A7-A587-4EA7E78B1685@microso...

Change epay check number?
I just switched banks (because my previous bank upgraded their on-line system and dropped two-way transfer!), and I don't know if this problem is an artifact of that switch. Now when I make an epay, the payment is automatically given a check number (previously, no number was given). I don't mind that, but the numbers are very close to my current paper check numbers. Is there any way to change the epay check numbers so that they start at a much higher (e.g. 100k) number? I don't know any way to do this in Money. You could try your bank's website to see if they might ...

Adding PO Number to the Purchasing Check Information
Hello, I'm trying to print the PO number entered in the purchasing transaction window in the purchasing check information. The Purchase Order Number field exists in the PM Transaction OPEN File table. I was able to to create a relationship between the PM Transaction OPEN File and the PM Payment WORK tables using the PM_Transaction_OPEN_Key3 (Vendor ID, Document Type and Voucher Number fields). The User Defined Check 2 report then allowed me to create a relation to the PM Transacion OPEN File and use the Purchase Order Number field in my report. Yet, whenever I print checks the f...

Extract numbers from a string of text
Need to extract just the numbers at then end of the string. 1300 · Inventory:1305.05 · Inventory Business to Business:1305.10 · B2B Inventory Contra 1300 · Inventory:1305.05 · Inventory Business to Business:1305.15 · B2B Inventory 1300 · Inventory:1310 · Inventory - Raw Materials:1310.05 · Inventory - Flavoring 1300 · Inventory:1310 · Inventory - Raw Materials:1310.10 · Inventory - Green Beans 1300 · Inventory:1310 · Inventory - Raw Materials:1310.15 · Loose Tea 1300 · Inventory:1320 · Invent...

return cell reference
I am using the DMAX function to find the maximum data value within a certain range of dates. I now need to find the date associated with that maximum value. I am dealing with streamflow data in 5-minute intervals, so there are many peaks in the data. I am looking at specific events by specifying a time range to search in. I have two columns, one column of dates and times (mm/dd/yy hh:mm) and one column of water depth. I have tried DGET (e.g., DGET(R104:T65000, "datetime",R2:U3)) to return the date assocuated with the maxium found by DMAX, but the maximum value may be found...

Count numbers that start with 1
Hi, Is it possible to search a spreadsheet and count the numbers that only start with the number 1? And then also count how many cells it searched in order to obtain that value? For Example: 10 2,100 1,500,100 10,150,280 317 Cells with the number 1 = 3 Total cells looked at = 5 Thanks! Hi Andy, The following code ignores blank cells. If you don't ignore blank cells then needs to be modified to ensure only getting the range with data because otherwise UsedRange is a bit unreliable but ignoring blank cells overcomes this. Do all of the cells between the firs...

Create a Crystal Report with Item Class and Account number
Hi, I want to create a Crystal Report with Item Class and Account number show at the report. How can I link the GL master table (GL00100) with Item master table (IV00101)? Please advise. Cheers, Emily If you look in IV00101 you will a number of columns with the word, index. You should go to Tools --> Resource Descriptions and view the table definition to see the field names. Once you have identified the fields, you will need to add GL00100 multiple times, depending upon how many IV00101 fields you want to link. For example, if you only needed the inventory and cost of goods so...