Hyperlink from Word to PDF

Is there a way to create a hyperlink in Word to a specific part in a PDF?
--
Sherry Vinturella

Hello Sherry

Sherry wrote:
> Is there a way to create a hyperlink in Word to a specific part in a PDF?

I got this originally from pdfzone.com:

- using the PDF page numbers:
http://www.myServer.com/myFolder/myFile.pdf#page=8

- using the Named destinations:
http://www.myServer.com/myFolder/myFile.pdf#myNameddestination

see also:
http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/en/acrobat/PDFOpenParams.pdf

Opening the PDF at this location only seems to be working when it's
situated on a proper web server, not when it's sitting on your local
file share.

HTH
Robert
--
  /"\  ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |
  \ /                        |  MVP |     Scientific Reports

how do I attach multiple Word documents?
I need to attach multiple Word documents into one large document. Many have different headers, so I can't just copy the text into one master document. Would appreciate any help on this. Before you Insert Text (2007: Insert > Object > Text from File), be sure each document you're including has a Section Break New Page both before and after it. After you've built your document, go through the headers/footers to be sure the page nos. are sequenced as you want them. Or use the "boilerplate" macro devised by MVP Graham Mayor. On Feb 10, 10:43=A0am, El...

Indexing in Word 2003
Our book was created and indexed using Word 2003. Now we added about 25% more content. Is there a simple way to apply the old index to the new content without doing it manually on every word or phrase? Thanks In a word, no. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Baha" <Baha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49DE73B9-9646-4082-AD49-3095125597B0@microsoft.com... > Our book was created and indexed using Word 2003. > Now we added about 25% more content. > Is there ...

Sending an entire worksheet via a hyperlink / button
I have a worksheet with many drop down menus, etc, and i want people to be able to fill it in, and then send it on ..... but you know how lazy people are .... if they have to save it, then send it, they will gripe about it! Is there a way to just have a hyperlink style button on the sheet that once the guys have filled it out, it just sends the sheet to me? Thanks, Jim Suggest looking at Ron de Bruin's website http://www.rondebruin.nl/ -- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org...

Word 2007 embedded Chart data Fill or Autofill
Is it possible, using Word 2007, to perform a Fill or an Autofill operation on an embedded (unlinked) chart? The chart was created earlier within Word. Initially, I was thinking about the newer style, where two adjacent cells are populated, selected, then the Fill handle is dragged to the last cell of the Fill. I created a macro in excel, of which I pasted a portion to my word chart. After modifying the Range (as I understand is different in Word), I found it did not work. Below is what I have in my code. After looking through the Word Object Browser and using Help, I don't...

Can't see pictures in Excel / Word
When I open Excel or Word documents with pictures in them I can't see them. Also when I copy / paste a picture into a document I only see the picture border and a small box with a red cross in it. The only way to see those pictures is in Web page preview or going into bitmap image object and selecting edit, but when done the image is gone again. In options / view / picture placeholders is unchecked, drawings is checked. Kr, Peter So can you see the pictures in Publisher? Have you checked out your graphics card driver? Read the third FAQ here. It is Publisher specific but it is rel...

Turning word-wrap OFF in Outlook printed monthly calendar
With Outlook 2000, I was able to print a monthly calendar WITHOUT word-wrap for each appointment, and with that, I was able to see all the appointments even in the small space of the monthly view. Now with Outlook 2003, all appointments wrap and I need to use a miniscule font size to display all appointments in printed form. How do I turn word-wrap OFF in the printed form of Outlook 2003 monthly calendar? I ONLY want the first line of appointments displayed! Thanks a bunch! ...

Mail Merge Outlook 2003/Word 2003 Not Working
Its that time of year again when we've all got to send out our xmas cards and woops I can't get the mmerge labels to work (using win xp sp1) Tried it from both outlook as a start point and word I've got quite a number of sub folders in my contacts their are two I'd like to individually mm to labels both are configured to be used as address books with 1, the contacts are selected from the outlook contact list and are shown in the dialogue box as: Personal Folders\contacts\friends but the names and addresses are not the same as the contacts I actually have in the folder calle...

Can't open word file with password: "can't find encryption code"
I have a word file with a password and encrypted used to open in word 2003 with the compatibility pack as the file was created in another pc in word 2007. Now, after installing office 2007, can't open that file: it says can't find the encryption code or source. Thank you. ...

Changing default browser
Hello, I'm wondering how to change the default browser so when I click on hyperlinks in Word, Excel, and OneNote they automatically open in Firefox. Is there a way to do this? Currently they all open in IE, which I have on my computer but don't prefer to use. Thanks very much! This would be a question for a Firefox forum, as Office settings have nothing to do with the default browser. However, since I have Firefox.... On the menu, choose: Tools Options Advanced Check "Always check to see if Firefox is the default browser on startup" Also click "...

Word FormFields in Excel
I have a set of tables that I created in MS Word with multiple FormFields. In my word form, they get inserted into another table in a new document to customize the new document. I just found out that I need to use or create the same thing in Excel. I tried to copy/paste my plug-in word table from word to excel....but none of the form fields are still useable...they become text. Is there any way to use a Word table in excel without losing the formatting or functionality? Or is there another way to accomplish the same thing/ ...

Opening a Word Document via a macro
Can anyone provide me with some code for a macro to open a wor document. I have excel2000, and word 2000, running on xp. I have tried what has been suggested previously, something like: Sub WDTest() Dim WD as Object Set WD = CreateObject("Word.Application") WD.Documents.Open "C:\My Documents\WordDoc.Doc" End sub but this has caused me many problems. I get the error message tha "WordDoc.doc" has been locked for editing by me. I have tried it on number of otherwise fine documents (before I run this macro, I coul open them normally) After I have run the macro...

unwanted hyperlinks
at work a shared excel file frequently opens with unwanted hyperlinks to shared folders. no hyperlinks were ever created in this file, and no hyperlinks ever pointed to this file. hyperlinks in excel have been used in the past on a computer that accesses the file, but was unrelated. the hyperlinks are not active, and we have to remove each one manually which is quite exhausting. any help would be appreciated. thanks, chris ...

How to open Word and Excel files in Office 2004?
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3188235263_964481 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Hi, Even though I have Office 2004(O4) installed, when I click on the individual files, they still open up in Office for OSX (OX). How do I get them to open up in O4 instead of OX?? I�d hate to delete OX and not have access to any of my Office files. Thanks. Frank --B_3188235263_964481 Content-type: text/html; charset="ISO-8859-1&qu...

Lebans Report to PDF
I am using the Report to PDF utility on Lebans website. Great utility, except that I found the font embeding does not work. I reported this in this news group a few months ago and was told by Mr. Leban that it would be updated some time this month.Do any of you use this utility? Do you know if there are update available? I notice that the web site says version 2.753, March 06 is avaialable but the download link on the page indicates version 2.751. Any info would be appreciated.Doug ...

create pdf & jpeg side-by side- how?
Hi I have a 2 sided a4 landscape calendar that I create every month and upload to a website. At present I put up each side seperately in pdf & in jpeg. I have tried to upload a 2 sided pdf but the pages come out one above the other. How would I create these pages side-by-side? And - is it possible to do this with 2 jpeg's? -- Martin ���� ...

linking to word bookmarks
I am trying to link from an excel cell to a bookmark in a word document. I get an error that excel cannot parse the word file. Any ideas. As much as i like excel i am wondering if i need to be using access. For linking to a Word bookmark: In the Hyperlink dialog, navigate to your word file. Add an octothorpe (#) and the bookmark name. e.g.: mydoc.doc#mybookmark Access vs. XL: See: http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HA01042918103 3&CTT=4&Origin=CH011056861033 http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/modcore/ html/deovrW...

VBA to Open Hyperlink(Concatenate)
Hello All, I've found useful VBA on this forum for activating my Hyperlink in cell A1 of my Excel spreadsheet : ActiveSheet.Range("A1").Hyperlinks(1).Follow My Hyperlink in Cell A1 is made up of a Concatenate using cells from different worksheets. Such as below : =HYPERLINK((CONCATENATE(HoldPoints!$A$1,HoldPoints!A2),A3) If I click on it, it opens fine, however, if I try to open it with the vba code above, I get an error message "Subscript out of range". I've tried different combinations. It always works by clicking, but not by the vba code. However - If i...

Problems Publishing a pdf File
I installed Office 2007 a month ago and was using the "Publish as PDF" in Publisher with beautiful results! Then, I took the same file, made some changes and now when I "Publish as PDF" the graphics that had transparent backgrounds now have black backgrounds. I finally discovered the difference! In Adobe Reader v9 which was on there all along, clicking File/Properties on the first file says that PDF Producer is "Office Publisher 2007". The PDF version is "1.5 (Acrobat 6.x)". The pdf file that is messing up has the PDF version as "1.4 (Acrobat...

Publisher to PDF #4
How do I take a publisher newsletter and convert it to a PDF file? please respond to my email spanishspringssound@yahoo.com Thank you kelly What version Publisher? Do you have a PDF conversion program? There are free PDF converters around. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=free+pdf+converter If you are using 2007 Microsoft has a *save as PDF* add-in. https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "kelly" <kelly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DEF...

PDF won't open from excel file
Hello, I hope you can help me out. I have a link to a local PDF file in excel. This PDF file will open fine from Adobe or from my documents, but when I click on the link in excel, the screen flashes momentarily, but the file does not open. I do not experience this problem when linking to word files, etc. This file is not embeded... just linked. please advise\. Thank you!! Hi There were problems I believe with Version 7.0 Update it to 7.03 and try it again -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl <oltersdorf@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1127854583.183144.22670@f14g20...

Word Document can only open half size
When I open a Word document, the window can only open half size. You can not maximum it or enlarge it by dragging the edge. You can not move the whole window either. Please let me know how to make the window full size again! Thanks!! Are you talking about the Window or the representation of the Document, For the latter, you use the Zoom function (In Word 2007, it is a slider at the right hand end of the Status Bar at the bottom of the screen. If it does not appear there, right click on the Status Bar and check the Zoom box. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsg...

Trying to Open Tools in Word closes program
We have recently upgraded to a Roaming Profile System at our office. We have an employee that can't open Tools from the menu in Word. The program closes and askes if you want to send the data to Microsoft. I logged off her account and logged on mine and I am able to access the Tools menu using the same computer in each instance. This says to me that it's a profile problem, but I have no idea what the solution would be. I have tried doing a repair and reinstalling. Neither of these solutions worked. Any other ideas? Thanks I think I would completely remove the program, reb...

outlook to word calendar add in
When I was using Office 2000 I had an add in that would move Outlook Calendar into a Word document. Is there an Office 2003 version of this sort of thing? One of these perhaps: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/calendar.htm#print --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Alan Smithee Jr. asked: | When I was using Office 2000 I had an add in that would move Outlook | Calendar into a Word document. Is there an Office 2003 v...

PDF Form Field Values
Is there a way using vba to simply extract the user input values from a PDF form so they can be 'Uploaded' into a database? Thank you, QB I don't know about the PDF per se, but you can certainly do this in Word. http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Extract_Form_Data.htm If you have MANY PDF files that you need to do this for, look into converting them Word docs: http://www.pdftoword.com/ Then follow the steps in the first link I posted. -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. "QB" wrote: ...

Win pix won't load on Mac Word
Hi all. Whenever I create a file on Windows word including a chart or any other graphic and then try to load the file onto Mac Word X, I get either a black graphic or a big red X. Does anyone know why this is? -- Rafael Do you have EndNote, perhaps? This link has the state of our knowledge about the Red X problem: http://word.mvps.org/MacWordNew/Add-Ins.htm (hit refresh a few times in Safari, or use a different browser) On 4/25/05 9:45 PM, "Rafael Hermoso" wrote: > Hi all. > > Whenever I create a file on Windows word including a chart or any other > graphic an...