how to upload resume using microsoft office

I would love to know what it means when it refers to not being in correct
formatt doc or docx. I'm using microsoft vista.

If you created your resume in Word2003 (or earlier), it's in .doc
format. If you created it in Word2007, it's in .docx format.

If you created it in some other word processor, it might be able to
save the file in one of those Word formats.

On Feb 3, 3:20=A0pm, Sharon Price <Sharon
Pr...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I would love to know what it means when it refers to not being in correct
> formatt doc or docx. I'm using microsoft vista.

0
Peter

Mac office 2004 install question
Where does the normal install normally place the "Microsoft User Data" folder that contains, among other things, the Entourage message database? Thanks, -gb In username/documents. In fact, Office requires the MUD folder be there, you have to trick it to put it elsewhere. On 2/18/05 4:34 PM, "Geoff Brandt" wrote: > Where does the normal install normally place the "Microsoft User Data" > folder that contains, among other things, the Entourage message database? > > Thanks, > > -gb > -- Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word Word FAQ: http://ww...

Using friendly Avatars in Powerpoint simple import
I have read many posts throughout the web regarding using Avatars within learning content and Powerpoint presentations and the benefits that exist using such, and thought this could be an interesting link for your members. www.alteregos.com its a wizard driven software solution that produces video output in either AVI, SWF or Flash video, the content can be instantly imported directly into most compositions tools such as PowerPoint, Camtasia, Microsoft Video Editor etc, giving dramatic flexibility of use. It was initially designed as a generic avatar tool, but its major uptake is...

SDI with multiple views using the wizard
Hi all, I would like to build a Doc/View SDI Visual C++6 project using multiple views as (CFrameWnd) for the same document. In some documentation is mentioned just MDI support multiple views. Could someone please explain the steps for doing that, using the wizard? Thank you, Chris ...

upgrade path from Windows to Mac versions of Office
Is there an upgrade path from Windows to Mac versions of Office? I'm a licensed Word 10/XP user and am planning to switch from Windows to a MAC. Thanks, Kyle Kyle, There is no upgrade path from Windows to Macintosh versions of Office, nor from Macintosh to Windows. The most current version of Office for Macintosh is Office X. If you purchase Office X now, you will be entitled to Office 2004 for free when it is released later this year. This is called the "Technology Guarantee". You can find more information about it at the following web address: Technology Guarantee http://...

Using PERCENTILE with *specific* cells in a column
I am trying to use the PERCENTILE function with specific cells in a column. For example, lets say the column is: A 1 5 2 6 3 7 4 8 Using PERCENTILE on say A1:A3 is easy enough, but I want to do say A1 and A4. I can achieve this by defining a named range such that it would be equal to A1 and A4, but would rather not use named ranges, as the above is a very simplistic example of what I want to do -- using named ranges would require a substantial amount of effort to achieve my end goal. I also realize I could re-order the rows such that I swap A4 with A2, therefore could use perc...

Setting Out Of Office
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I am having a problem setting out of office. I can connect to the Exchange Server (Exchange 2007 - I don't know what SP) and send/receive mail, access the GAL, view public folders, view free/busy information and other people's calendars, etc. However when I try to set Out of Office I get a message saying I cannot connect to the Exchange server. Any ideas where I can start to diagnose this problem. On 2010-04-17 03:31:46 -0400, Brendan_O_Rourke@officeformac.com said: > Exc...

Use the important patch that comes from the Microsoft
--evwrdebjxmg Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="gzajfkxd"; type="multipart/alternative" --gzajfkxd Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="ihjeuwundidfxm" --ihjeuwundidfxm Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to mainta...

Month display in Microsoft Outlook 2003's Calendar
When using Microsoft Outlook 2003's Calendar in Month view, Saturday and Sunday are combined as one square (yes, they do have the date numbers and a line between them). This may be convenient for people using Outlook only for business purposes, but if someone were to have a job that involved weekends, or was not using Outlook for business purposes at all (which is my case), this could be extremely annoying. I would like to know if there is a way to display the Month view as the standard Sunday on the left and Saturday on the right, with Monday through Friday in between. I want all d...

Microsoft Word Interface Not Registered Error after Sending Email from Outlook
Hi, Does anyone know how to fix the following error message. After I try sending an email from Outlook, I get a error message that reads: "Microsoft Word Interface not Registered". Thanks, Art ...

Using workflow to "share" a record with a "team"
Hi everyone, We were working on a project where, for one example, when someone creates a lead depending on some conditions the lead needs a "share" added to it for a particular "team". Any ideas? I can only see a way to "assign" the lead to someone. Thanks, Todd ...

Stick with Novell or move to Microsoft?
My school district has been using Novell products from some time. We have 4 Netware 6.5 file servers, Bordermanager with integrate content filter (BESS), and Groupwise 7. We have about 1300 workstations on campus, about 3/4 Windows based and 1/4 Mac. For a variety of reasons, over the next 2 months we will be assessing whether we stay with Novell products or migrate to Microsoft products for our back office needs. A few of the reasons for us even to contemplate this move: 1. We are in the midst of wireless network install and would like to use 802.1x authentication on the wireless side. The o...

Internet Explorer (Browser) Crashes when using CRM Menu Bar
Problem: A user clicks on a menu bar item within CRM and Internet Explorer crashes. The user is asked if they wish to send the error report to Microsoft and closes out the current IE window. (Obviously this is very annoying when attempting to click on "Tools" > "Advance Find..."). This behavior appears to happen on the client machines that have been tested. When trying to duplicate this issue, I have found that on the initial start-up of CRM the menu system works fine. However, after navigating around in CRM (e.g. moving from the initial start-up screen to W...

How can you tell "To" address used for spam?
I have a few exchange email addresses on my account. Spam level is to the point that I want to delete the affected account. How can I tell which address is being used? Nick You mean you have multiple addresses for the same mailbox? The easiest way to pin-point the address would be the create multiple mailboxes for these addresses. Emails will get sorted for you automatically. -- Alexander Zammit WinDeveloper Software IMF Tune - Unleash the Full Intelligent Message Filter Power http://www.windeveloper.com/imftune/ "Nick" <nickmirro@spamarrest.com> wrote in message...

formula field: don't display anything when value is zero (using ;"
hello, I read this under the topic "How to get a formula field to total an entire table column, even if some cells in the column contain text or are blank" on the MVP-site and can't get it to work. I'm interested in the final bit, using ;"" Does anyone know how to do this? <start quotation>... Then in the total cell, press Ctrl+F9, and within the field braces {}, insert the following formula: { SUM(Table1 F:F) \# "#,##0.00;- #,##0.00;''" } “Table1” in the formula refers to the name of the bookmark you've marked the ...

Can I purchase just Outlook 2007 without the entire office?
I want only Outlook 2007, so that I can synch with my Motorola Q. Will this product work alone? I have the trial version and it seems to work, but it's the trial of the entire office suite. Is there anywhere I can download Outlook instead of getting it mailed to me? I have tried Microsoft but they only offer full suite downloads. Thanks Joey Joey wrote: > I want only Outlook 2007, so that I can synch with my Motorola Q. > Will this product work alone? I have the trial version and it seems > to work, but it's the trial of the entire office suite. Is there > anywhere I ...

IE and bandwidth use
Does anybody have any knowledge of what bandwidth is used/required when using CRM via IE Thanks Ian this was asked before, check out this old thread: http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&c2coff=1&safe=off&threadm=eJJwpM2IEHA.940%40tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fhl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26safe%3Doff%26c2coff%3D1%26q%3Dbandwidth%26btnG%3DSearch%26meta%3Dgroup%253Dmicrosoft.public.crm -Gary "Ianp" <ianp@tesl.com> wrote in message news:1729601c448be$891cf920$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Does anybody have any knowledge of w...

how do i setup excel to use separate instances for each file open.
Whenever I open a document in MS Word, it 'acts' like a new program for each file open. This is relevant because I have mulitple monitors and can have two or more active documents and see them side by side. Excel however opens each file into one program and does not allow simultaneous viewing of more than one book/sheet/etc... Is there an option embedded somewhere that will allow this?..or what?... I'm open to suggestions. uhh...I figured it out... Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications "roomi" wrote: > Whenever I open a document in MS Word, it '...

Appointments using Workflow
I'm sure I'm not the first one to bring this up but has anyone come across a workaround for handling the autocreation of appointments using the workflow manager? Basically we need a rule that creates an appointment for a designated internal appointment book. Thanks! Hi, When built in features of Workflow dont help than workflow assemblies can be used but they do require programming skills. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa685987.aspx You may contact me directly at my email address if you need any help on this. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was ...

Microsoft Publisher and Mac
I have just moved over to a Mac from a PC and I have designed serveral things using Microsoft Publisher (XP) and i would like to be able to modify and print them on my Powerbook, is there someway for my to open these files in OfficeMacX? I don't think so, although I am not entirely sure. If you can create a .pdf file, you could possible open it the the Mac version of Adobe Acrobat reader. -- J.D. Rocke singing_i_go@att.net Remove the spaces (_) in the username to reply. "Markmac1" <mark@markmccarville.com> wrote in message news:426b0087.0308271320.3755ea09@posting.goog...

Check this pack from the Microsoft
--hefxnhxmxok Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ozjhpxicayvlcqbqx"; type="multipart/alternative" --ozjhpxicayvlcqbqx Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="kfvcbtucdgcp" --kfvcbtucdgcp Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now ...

WC3 v/s Microsoft
Does anyone know or have a list of what parts of the W3C XSD standard that Microsoft supports in their XSD to Strongly Typed DataSet Class generator? ...

Microsoft Outlook and Novell GroupWise
I am in my third week working at a new agency. I have been using Outlook for years. My new agency is still using Novell GroupWise. I also use Franklin Covey's PlanPlus for Outlook. PlanPlus will not work without having Outlook installed. Is it possible to install Outlook and run it in the background in order to facilitate the use of my PlanPlus for Outlook software. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Have a great week and stay safe Outlook can be used with GroupWise but you'll need to check with the IT folks at your new agency to make sure they support that co...

Activation Office 2007 Enterprise
Hello Group, i just installed Office 2007 Enterprise with a Volume License Key on a test pc. I am a certified partner and i got the key from my partner login page. Now my question: Is it normal or a "new feature" that there is an activation required the first time office starts? In Office 2003 VLK there was no activation required. I want to install office via deployment in our department and i don`t want to activate every single client. Thanks for all answers! Markus Stay with your original post and not multipost if needed to post to different groups the...

How do I set up my microsoft outlook to send emails?
I'm trying to use Microsoft Outlook for a specific email however it's asking for the http servor and I have no idea what it's asking me for. Please help!!! You need to get these settings from your ISP "XMY" <XMY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8BBA0B0-A04B-41E6-90C3-3CF64D43EBA3@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to use Microsoft Outlook for a specific email however it's asking > for the http servor and I have no idea what it's asking me for. Please > help!!! XMY <XMY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm tr...

Backup in use PST
Is it possible to back up a pst file whilst it is in use. Does anyone know of a backup utility that can do this? TIA Jon No - Outlook puts an exclusive lock on the file. Jon Svensson wrote: > Is it possible to back up a pst file whilst it is in use. Does anyone > know of a backup utility that can do this? > > TIA > > Jon ...