How to save a Word 2007 document to two places at once?

Hi all,

I am working on a non-RAID computer and so I am backing up my document
to a USB stick as I work.

While this guarantees that my document won't be destroyed by the Crash
Monster, it is really tedious to have to copy-and-paste the document
file between two folders every five or ten minutes!

Is there a way I can tell Word 2007 to save to two places at once when
it does its automatic back-up?

Normally, I use a RAID device so dual-file backup happens anyway.

--
mlse
0

See the last macro at http://www.gmayor.com/automatically_backup.htm

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

mlse wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am working on a non-RAID computer and so I am backing up my document
> to a USB stick as I work.
>
> While this guarantees that my document won't be destroyed by the Crash
> Monster, it is really tedious to have to copy-and-paste the document
> file between two folders every five or ten minutes!
>
> Is there a way I can tell Word 2007 to save to two places at once when
> it does its automatic back-up?
>
> Normally, I use a RAID device so dual-file backup happens anyway.

0
Graham
11/16/2009 2:55:13 PM
Use the macro under "Save a copy of the current document to flash" at
http://www.gmayor.com/automatically_backup.htm. Pay attention to the
warnings!

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 11:14:00 +0000, mlse
<REMOVETHISmeustac1REMOVETHIS@chi.IGNORE.ac.IGNORE.uk> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I am working on a non-RAID computer and so I am backing up my document
>to a USB stick as I work.
>
>While this guarantees that my document won't be destroyed by the Crash
>Monster, it is really tedious to have to copy-and-paste the document
>file between two folders every five or ten minutes!
>
>Is there a way I can tell Word 2007 to save to two places at once when
>it does its automatic back-up?
>
>Normally, I use a RAID device so dual-file backup happens anyway.
0
Jay

Folder List View Save?
Using Outlook 2003 on Win 2k Server. I prefer to use the Folder List view for my Personal Folders. I'm having a problem with Outlook remembering which folders were expanded when I close and later reopen Outlook. For example, if I have this folder hierarchy under Personal Folders: A B ---B1 ---B2 ---B3 C ---C1 ---C2 ---C3 D Let's say that I don't want to take up the screen space to show the subfolders under "C". I collapse that folder, and it now looks like this: A B ---B1 ---B2 ---B3 C D I then exit Outlook, shut the PC off and go home. The next day, I start every...

How do I size a Word Document to 5 x 8 inches?
I'm trying to size a document in Word to fit book or pamphlet that is 5 x 8. But I'm having a terrible time. Is there a way to size a document in Word to this size? I have Word 2003. From the File Menu, select Page Setup and then go to the Paper tab and via the Paper size pulldown, select Custom and then insert the size of your sheet. Note however, that some printers have difficulty with "Custom Sized" paper and it may be necessary to use a standard size sheet in Word (8.5 x 11) and adjust the margins so that the print area coincides with the area on whic...

Page number functions in Word are dimmed and don't work. What now
I use Office Home & Student 2007. I cannot insert page numbers into my Word document. I could not find Microsoft Office's "Add-ins" either. What can I do to restore the page numbering function? Place your cursor in a header or footer. On Feb 8, 7:19=A0pm, A Tai <a...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I use Office Home & Student 2007. =A0I cannot insert page numbers into my= Word > document. =A0I could not find Microsoft Office's "Add-ins" either. =A0Wha= t can I > do to restore the page numbering function? A page number...

System State backup fails on 2008R2 DC with DPM 2007 SP1
This error occur when creating short-term recovery point to disk. Local backup on the 2008R2 DC complete successfully. "Run a synchronization job with consistency check..." always succeed. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks. /Rune Flo. Alert from DPM 2007 SP1 (2.0.8861.0) server: Affected area: Computer\SystemState Occurred since: 05.01.2010 21:16:37 Description: The replica of System State Computer\SystemState on alpha.<domain> is inconsistent with the protected data source. All protection activities for data source will fail until the replica is ...

batch printing word documents
Hi, Can anyone tell me how to batch print word documents? Thanks. First of all, you will need to create a desktop printer, i.e. a shortcut for your printer which sits on your desktop. Look it up in Mac Help, accessible from the Finder's help menu; I can't give you any details since the method to do that varies quite a lot depending on your operating system (though it is surprisingly easy and intuitive in Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard). Once you've created a desktop printer, simply drag all the Word documents you intend to print onto the desktop printer icon. On 29/11/2007 2:58, in arti...

Opening/Saving an Excel Attachement
After opening an attachment in Excel or Word the default folder that it saves to is a temp folder in the local settings. How can you change this to default to the users my documents. Remember we have opened these documents from an email. ...

can't copy text to new pub document
I am trying to copy entire pages from one Publisher 2007 doc to another. It will copy the text in some text boxes but not in others. I don't understand why this is happening. How do I get it to copy the entire page as is? I am using Ctrl A or Select All. Thank you. Oh, another thing to add: Even if I select only a single text box, it will not copy any text. "lindalou" wrote: > I am trying to copy entire pages from one Publisher 2007 doc to another. It > will copy the text in some text boxes but not in others. I don't understand > why this is happening. How d...

Excel looking in wrong place for files
Hi, sometime ago I merged 2 partitions using PM8, and I was asked for a folder name, so I called My docs or something like that, and that folder was created on the said partition. Now when I go to open up a new file in excel it defaults to My Docs. So I formatted that partition changed all references in the Registry, rebooted and still excel is looking for new files in the wrong place. In fact the 'My Docs' folder no longer exists, so is there somewhere in Excel I can change its 'where to look' place? Thanks -- Bob H Leeds UK http://stores.ebay.co.uk/ContemporaryGifts4U...

Outlook 2003 / mail retrieving, saving password
Outlook 2003 asks me my pop-account password every time, even as I have marked the checkbox "Save password...". It is really annoying as I want to check my pop-account once every 5 minutes. What to do? /M It gives me the "Enter network password" popup every time, it seems I cannot save the password for some reason. I already tried to modify registry so that I deleted all keys inside HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Protected Storage System Provider, and rebooted the machine and re-created the mail accounts - didn't help!!! Frustrating. /M "Make" ...

#REF! error with Multiple Documents
I keep receiving a #REF! error when I try to use VLOOKUP to find data in one document and bring it to another. If both documents are open all the numbers are fine. However when I close the book with the data I receive the error, or when the vlookup book is opened it does it. If tell it to update the data error, if I don't update error. What is weird is I have other documents that work fine, with the same equation. Please help because I'm lost on this issue. Happens Excel 2007 and 2010. =VLOOKUP(A2,'C:\Users\USER\Documents\BOOK DATA.xlsx'!Data[#All],2,FALSE) Som...

OWA and word-wrap
Gurus, I just noticed another item that you may be able to help me fix in Exchange 2000 and that is messages do not include word wrapped text. Therefore, I needed to open the message to a full screen to view the contents of the message. However, when I hit the forward or reply to, the text become word wrapped text. Is that fixable? Ask in an Exchange newsgroup as OWA is part of Exchange not Outlook. Good Luck! -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Setting Permissio...

Powerpoint 2007 File Conversion
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel I recently created a presentation on my work computer in Powerpoint 2007 with the following extension - .pptx. I'm unable to open this file with my current version of Office for Mac v.11.5.1. I get a dialogue box telling me to download Office 2004 Update 11.5.0 so that I can use the Open XML File Format Converter for Mac. When I download the installer and try to run it, I get an error message that states: "The installer could not locate the correct version of the software required to install this update. See the...

can't open .jpg from outlook 2000 without saving first
We have a laptop running Windows XP SP1 with Office 2000 Premium SR1 installed, all patches up to date. When this laptop receives an email message with a .jpg file attached, we cannot double-click the attachment to open it. We get the error message, "No file format information can be found in the registry." When we clicks OK, we get the message, "Unknown file format." Microsoft Photo Editor opens, but nothing appears. If we save the file to the desktop, it opens without any problem, but uses the program Windows Picture and Fax Viewer. When we go in to the Fol...

Problem with Excel opening multiple documents
Operating System : Win XP sp1 Excel 2002 sp2 Senario: Double click on xls document from explorer and the document opens fine in excel. Double click on another xls document from explorer and nothing happens. Try again and still nothing happens. Switch to excel to try File Open from the menu; However, Open is grayed out. Press esc key and the second xls sheet opens up. Anyone experience this problem or know of a solution to fix it ? Hi try the following: goto 'Tools-Options-General " and uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work t...

Export from EXcel to jpg with 2007
Tom Ogilvy posted the following code some time back and it works wonderfully in Excel 2003 but, of course, encounters problems in 2007. Can anyone give suggestions for bringing it up to date for 2007? Sub ExportPicAsJpg() Dim chTemp As Chart Dim picCopy As Picture Dim dWidth As Double Dim dHeight As Double Dim shNew As Worksheet Set picCopy = Selection Set chTemp = Charts.Add Set shNew = Sheets.Add dWidth = picCopy.Width dHeight = picCopy.Height Application.ScreenUpdating = False With chTemp .SetSourceData Sou...

viewing publisher documents
How can I view a publisher document without publisher? While in a state of ecstasy after repairing his laptop, Ed sees a message from Esther Feldman <Esther Feldman@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written: > How can I view a publisher document without publisher? a) With the Publisher Demo, available at Microsoft.com for the cost of shipping and handling. b) By getting the creator or sender of the file to convert it to PDF using a free application such as PrimoPDF (www.primopdf.com) -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this me...

sorting two columns of merged cells
I have two columns of merged cells. two cells in each column are merged in each row: ie A1 and B1 are merged into one cell, a2 and B2, etc. The next column is the same; C1 and D1 are merged, C2 and D2, etc. Is there any way I can sort these columns? I need a descending sort by col A and B. Im using Excel 2003 Hope this is clear. Jim Don't merge cells. Look in the archives of this group for countless reasons why not; you've just found one of them. -- David Biddulph "bigjim" <bigjim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Excel 2007, Basic, Square-1 Opening Question
Clicking on an xls or an xlsx file opens Excel 2007; however, the file itself does not load/open (no blank sheet either). Only way is to drag the file from its directory. What have I done wrong? Tks! Wayne Try minimizing and then maximizing Excel to see if that makes the file appear. If it does, I'll build a small routine that does that automatically when a file is opened. This appears to be a very frequent problem for some Excel 2007 users. Bob Flanagan <wgd.roaming@verizon.net> wrote in message news:9jg3b49oe5t308vjcngefg41f5htajrm2r@4ax.com... > Clicking on an ...

add-in for Goal Seek on a data point excel 2007
Does any one know of an add-in or macro that will allow the goal seek ability on a data point to work in excel 2007 the way it did in the prior versions of excel? I know of no such add-in. I imaging a clever programmer could develop one in a week or so of intense head scratching and fist pounding. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "kendal" <kendal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7CE1B286-3111-4BC5-9D5D-A84B8D350B88@microsoft.com... > Does ...

Excel range truncates when Pasted as Picture to PPT & Word
Hi... I have been trying to copy an Excel Spreadsheet into PPT, but have had problems. In order to solve it, I created new .xls and .ppt files to create a test, but got the same problems... The following steps recreate the problem: 1) In a blank spreadsheet, I placed a single number in each cell, starting at A1 and going across to AS, until there are 1 through 45 across. Format them in some way... say Red text with an underline. 2) Set the width of all the columns to 2.00 (0.11 inches). 3) Select A1:AS 4) Copy (or Add to Scrapbook) -- The result is the same with both. 5) From Scrapb...

When is Microsoft going to redo the whole Word 2007 menu and toolb
Dear Microsoft. I have no idea who laid out Word 2007 but the toolbar, icons and menus at the top makit impossiblefor me to do my job. You should give people the option to keep the menus and icons layout that is in Word 2003. I spend most of my time trying to find things because whoever decided on these groupings makes no sense. I created my own customer toolbar but I can't put everything I need and use there. In your next release, please put in the option to have the origianal toolbar and menu of Word 2003. I am losing so much productive time becasue I can't find anythin...

Convert Single Disk To Two Disk Raid 1
Hi, Is it possible to convert a single disk system to a two disk Raid 1 without losing the contents of the original disk? I would like to just install the second disk, run a utility, and have the original disk copied. Thanks, Gary "Abby Brown" <abbybrown@charter.net> wrote in message news:uGxV5#CULHA.4576@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Is it possible to convert a single disk system to a two disk Raid 1 > without losing the contents of the original disk? I would like to just > install the second disk, run a utility, and have th...

Outlook 2003 hangs when using Word 2003 as email editor
I'm having a recent problem with Outlook 2003. When using Word 2003 as email editor and attempting to reply to a message, my application hangs for a long time. I then can release it only but closing Word through task manager. Microsoft is evidently aware of this problem by posting "Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 278214," but without providing a resolution or workaround. I've repaired Outlook and uninstalled both applications, then reinstalled. I've deleted the 2 add-ins and installed Outlook and Word without any success. Can anyone help me? I really li...

Remove time portion from date on Excel 2007 chart
I am trying to remove the auto generated time of 00:00 to every date in my chart. I have tried setting the format, but it just ignores whatever I try to input. Any help would be appreciated. Where does this appear? Which labels? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ NeoFax wrote: > I am trying to remove the auto generated time of 00:00 to every date > in my chart. I have tried setting the format, but it just ignores > whatever I try to input. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Word document titles
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC When I download and open a Word document from my internet email account, Word documents open with a generic "Document 1" title instead of the actual name of the document as sent to me. If I open a document that was saved to my desktop, it opens with its actual title name. It's a seriously bad idea to open anything from within your email. You short-circuit the system protection and risk getting taken out by Internet Nasties. It sounds as though the file you are downloading is a Template (a file of type...