How to save a color to palette without recreating it. (Word, 2002)

I'm doing a Table and each cell has one of four background colors.  They are
not on the default "Fill Colors", so I have to go in and reselect the RGB
each time.  How can I put the color on the palette?  Or is there another way
to save it so all I have to do is click on it when I need that color?

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 14:49:01 -0800, b4a5s
<b4a5s@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I'm doing a Table and each cell has one of four background colors.  They are
>not on the default "Fill Colors", so I have to go in and reselect the RGB
>each time.  How can I put the color on the palette?  Or is there another way
>to save it so all I have to do is click on it when I need that color?

You can record or write four macros, one to apply each color, and put
buttons on a toolbar to run the macros.

If you record a macro while you apply a shaded background to a cell,
you'll get something like this:

Sub Sample()
    Selection.Shading.Texture = wdTextureNone
    Selection.Shading.ForegroundPatternColor = wdColorAutomatic
    Selection.Shading.BackgroundPatternColor = 11182170
End Sub

The number represents the RGB color, by a rather complex formula. But
it's easy to write a macro that's more understandable, like this one
(see http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm if needed):

Sub BlueShade()
    Selection.Shading.BackgroundPatternColor = _
        RGB(red:=80, green:=184, blue:=244)
End Sub

To make the other macros, just change the name BlueShade to something
that describes another color, and change the numbers for red, green,
and blue.

To make buttons for the macros, see
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/AsgnCmdOrMacroToToolbar.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

--
Enjoy,
Tony

 www.WordArticles.com

"b4a5s" <b4a5s@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm doing a Table and each cell has one of four background colors.  They
> are
> not on the default "Fill Colors", so I have to go in and reselect the RGB
> each time.  How can I put the color on the palette?  Or is there another
> way
> to save it so all I have to do is click on it when I need that color?

0
Tony

Excel 2007 exits without asking if I want to save
Hi All, I just started using Excel 2007 recently. I notice it exits when I keys in Alt-F4, without confirming if I want to save, even if I had made changes to the workbook. Is there an option which I can set and make Excel 2007 verify if the user, wants to save before exiting? This is the default in earlier Excel versions. Thanks for help. have you recently run a macro in which you forgot to turn on Application.DisplayAlerts =3D True? susan On Nov 24, 5:25=A0am, ch <c...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > I just started using Excel 200...

can a cell be identified as a drop down box without moving the cur
Is it possible to have a permenant arrow on a drop down box so it can be identified without having to move the arrow over it. Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks Stu Data|Validation dropdown? I like to shade the background, but you could add a drawing shape if you wanted. Or use a combobox from the control toolbox toolbar or a dropdown from the Forms toolbar. stumakker wrote: > > Is it possible to have a permenant arrow on a drop down box so it can be > identified without having to move the arrow over it. > > Any help would be much appreciated, > > Thanks...

Creating a Word document from an ASP.NET application
Hello, I just want to know if there is an existing DLL or Web Compasant that can be used from an ASP.NET application (located on a IIS server without Office on it) to create a Word document based on a template (.dot) that is used only for the bookmarks properties (replaced momentarily with a personnal values). Best Regards, On Jun 21, 1:34=A0pm, "Bruno MAIGNAN" <bruno.maig...@ca-atlantica.fr> wrote: > Hello, > I just want to know if there is an existing DLL or Web Compasant that can= be > used from an ASP.NET application (located on a IIS server witho...

Publisher save formats
How does one save a publisher file in a PDF format? I only have nearly useless options in the Publisher "save as" menu. THANKS!!!!!! Publisher does not support pdf. You have to have a pdf creator to convert the .pub file. Review this newsgroup for recommended pdf creators, it's a frequent topic. -- David Bartosik - MS MVP for Publisher help: www.davidbartosik.com enter to win Pub 2003: www.davidbartosik.com/giveaway.aspx "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:c79601c3eda4$a51322a0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How does one save a publish...

Emails disappearing in Outlook 2002
I've got Outlook 2002 with XP Pro. I'm either losing my mind or new unopened emails that were in my inbox yesterday are gone today when I start my computer. My company's email from our website comes to the "Info" inbox in Outlook on my computer (separate from my personal inbox). I've had it set up like this for a long time without a problem. A month ago I got a new computer with XP pro OS and Office XP pro. Yesterday there were about 5 emails submitted from our website (I saw them when I went in and deleted some spam - but I did not select, open or delete any of ...

Can't backup Outlook PST
I am using an iPaq PDA with ActiveSync but also have a program that backs up all my Outlook info. I get this message: ---- Message from "Outlook 98 and 2002" item : Problem : Cannot open a file "E:\My Documents\Outlook\outlook.pst". Reason : The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file. [80070021] ---- Is there an easy way to close ActiveSync and Outlook, allow the backup to run, then reopen these two apps again? I am suspecting ActiveSync is the culprit. Ideas anyone? You're right, it's probably ActiveSync. Stop i...

No word from Microsoft...
How come there's been no reply from MS regarding the log-in issue, nor is it mentioned on their website? It's been going on all day now and I for one am pretty fed up with it! How about it Microsoft? Surely SOMEBODY reads this group? Ray Martin ...

To Hyperlink or save as Webpage?
I'm trying to do an inventory summary page for work. We have a classification system set up and when the summary page is shown, I'd like it to link to the active inventory sheet but not just the sheet. I'd like it to go directly to the cells it references. In the summary sheet, I may have something like 2.1 (accounting records), 14 cubic feet, located in equipment # 5. Where I have 2.1, I'd like that to link back to the inventory sheet that lists each vendor, not just the sheet itself. I hope this makes sense because it's confusing to even me!! Thanks in advance...

Microsolf Word 2000
I installed windows xp and now when I try to use Microsolf word the program asked for a Key Number that is found on the CD Jewel. I don't have that Number. Can you Help? John ...

Word for mac wont open
I get a message that word has quit unexpectedly and click reopen. Then I click reopen then the same message pops back up and word doesn't open. The message report below. Process: Microsoft Word [1705] Path: /Users/mo/Desktop/Microsoft Word.app/Contents/MacOS/Microsoft Word Identifier: com.microsoft.Word Version: ??? (???) Build Info: Unknown-91001~0 Code Type: X86 (Native) Parent Process: launchd [91] Date/Time: 2010-02-13 21:42:54.179 -0800 OS Version: Mac OS X 10.6.2 (10C540) Report Version: 6 Interval Since...

Microsoft Word Error when attaching .doc files to web based email
I'm not sure when this started, I think when I installed Microsoft Sec. Essentials. But for a bit of background I'm running Windows 7 -64 bit with Office 2007 Enterprise. Anyways whenever I use hotmail or netaddress (my 2 web based email accounts) and I attach a file I get two popup errors. "You cannot close Microsoft Office Word because a dialog box is open. Click OK, switch to Word, and then close the dialog box. The next one says Word has encountered a problem. If I click on help it says, There is a problem saving the file. Then talks about not enough...

Outlook 2002 Can't Connect to POP, Won't Repair, Can't Uninstall
I am using Office XP Professional and am having problem with Outlook 2002, after using it for years - "Unable to connect to incoming POP3 email server". I have rechecked the settings - they are the same ones that work in OE. I've installed all virus and security updates, service packs and tried to update IE6 and Outlook Express, but could not. Express works, but I don't like it. Norton says I have no viruses; I also run Spybot and AdAware. I have tried to uninstall Outlook but cannot and it will not repair itself. I also run ACT 6.0 and of course since it is based o...

Exchange 5.5 resending mail without user input
I have a situation where a company using Exchange 5.5 allowed the server to be used as a relay for spammers. When the internet service was stopped, relay restrictions imposed and the service restarted, som eusers experienced receiving several days worth of duplicate emails i their Outlook inboxes, generating concern that the fix applied to stop the spammers had somehow broken another complnent ofthe server. Does anyone know why this would occur and is there cause for concern if the duplicate emails are no longer being generated? Hello Elliott, Are the duplicate e-mails large in size...

HELP
I recently upgraded from Windows ME to XP. In ME, I used my MSWord 97 as my email editor. Now, when I select Word as my editor in the Options menu, it accepts the change, but when I go to compose a new email, I get a pop-up that says that Word is either busy or cannot be found. Word operates just fine by itself... Thanks ! Which versions of Outlook and Word do you have? Hope this is useful to you. Let us know. rms James Berry wrote: > I recently upgraded from Windows ME to XP. In ME, I used > my MSWord 97 as my email editor. Now, when I select Word > as my editor i...

Open a saved .pst file
I have a saved pst file from my old computer on CD, and I need some information from my old Inbox, but I can't open/restore that file, it says "Access denied...". How can I get on my old information? Is the old Information lost? Thank you Thomas You cannot access a pst file on a CD. You need to copy the pst file to your hard drive and then clear the read only flag on the file. Outlook needs read/write access to a pst file to open it. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Thomas" <neumanntrj@yahoo.de> wrote in me...

Save As csv Carraige Return issue
I have a large xlsx file with the last column containing text with carraige returns (CR). When I save this xlsx as a csv file these interim CR are preserved so each record of data isn't continuous on a single line. Example data: f1, f2, f3, "data for field 4" f1, f2, f3, "more data <carraige return> for field 4" f1, f2, f3, f4 I discovered this by opening the csv file in word with paragraph markings turned on and I can see these paragraph marks. Is this a 'feature' of Excel? How can I save a CSV without these pesky returns? I am usi...

Where is the command line to clean reminders? Outlook 2002
>On Tue, 6 Jun 2006 20:47:30 -0400, wrote: > >>Lady Veteran <armyvet@bigfoot.com> wrote: >> >>> I have Outlook 2002 and I have a reminder that keeps popping up as 12 >>> weeks over due. I deleted the contact it was related to, but I cannot >>> get rid of the reminder. When I dismiss it, I get an error saying >>> that I canno dismiss it and that I may be reminded again. >>> >>> Any ideas on how I can get rid of it? >> >>Try starting Outlook once with the /cleanreminders command line switch. > >cou...

Read an Out-of-Office messege without sending an email
Hi guys, My company is using Outlook 2003 and Exchange 5.5 to communicato and deliver E-MAILS between the workers. I was wondering if there is any way to read an OOF (Out-of-Office) messege of users without actually sending them any email. this will be really helpful to a project I'm working on to try and monitor the status of some workers. I don't mind using some vba code to do it or using some other application such as Telnet. Thanks! ...

Using Formulas to Change Colors
Can you use formulas to change the shadow of the cell when certain conditions are met? I am very good using Excel, but have never tried this and I cannot find any documentation. So, I think that it just cannot be done. Dave Hi Dave, Format>Conditional Formatting -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Dave Jacoby" <dmjacoby@davejacoby.com> wrote in message news:%1Tmh.14861$U12.10061@bignews1.bellsouth.net... | Can you use formulas to change the shadow of the cell when certain | conditions are met? I am very good using Excel, but have never tried th...

Can I update an invite without sending an e-mail
When I update a calendar invite, is it possible to have that update show up in my invitees calendar without having to send them an e-mail notifying them of the change? i.e. I finalize the location of the meeting after I sent the original invite. Is the only way to update the information in my invitees calendars' to send them an e-mail saying as much, or is their another way? "Wondering" <Wondering@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2EC60EE7-F87A-4177-877B-BE6F5F54226A@microsoft.com... > When I update a calendar invite, is it possible to hav...

Can I recover deleted data from an XL file once it has been saved?
I just accidentally saved my excel file with lots of the data deleted. Can I recover this data? I don't have backup or autorecover enabled. While it may be theoretically possible for the CIA to recovery some of your file, for all practical purposes the file, as it was, is gone. I will omit here any mention of the importance of keeping backups. -- Jim "mf7838" <mf7838@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F2ABF6B7-6D42-4D32-B062-4565F38F6175@microsoft.com... |I just accidentally saved my excel file with lots of the data deleted. Can I | recover this da...

Color Dialog Help
I am calling the Declare Function ChooseColor Lib "comdlg32.dll" Alias "ChooseColorA" (pChoosecolor As CHOOSECOLORS) As Long to work with colors but I cannot figure out how to work it as follows: (1) i save and reload the custom colors. this all works. (2) i pass a current color using ColorDialog.rgbResult = CLng(vCurrentColor) this sets the matrix to the correct color properly (3) now i want to tweak that incoming color using the matrix or Lum slider. this i can do. (4) now i want to add it as a custom color. BUT cannot because, if I click a vac...

reconciling two documents in Word
How do I reconcile two documents with same name and content in Word? Is this Word 2007? Have you tried the Compare command on the Review tab? Or if you are saying that you want to insert one document into the other, you can use the Insert File dialog box (Insert tab | Object | Text from File). -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Lou Dancer" <Lou Dancer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:73B3C8B5-F6AF-4208-A5E2-19DC675D2F28@microsoft.com... > How do I reconcile two documents with same name and content in Word? ...

Corruption on 2002 / 2000 database showing "blank" objects
Database created in Office XP, used by clients with Office 2000 (database is saved as 2000 format). warning: it's a multi-user environment -- including replication. After few days of usage, the database loses some of the macros and seems to display several empty or blank objects that did not exist previously. Once clicked on receive "object does not exist error". This also appears sometimes in the Reports area, too. Any thoughts? Although Office XP can/does use Access2000 format files, there seems to be a difference depending on which Access it is run under, and that is...

Get Save As Filename Dialogue Box using Applescript
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Does anyone here know the syntax for changing the starting location for the browser window in the dialogue box that pops up when you call the &quot;Get Filename Save As&quot; command in Applescript? <br><br>It would appear that it defaults to the folder that you last saved a spreadsheet in. I would like to pass a path into the command as a parameter using applescript but have not found an answer in any of the documentation. <br><br>Thanks! > This message is in MIME format. S...