How to remove spaces between paras?

I have a document originally designed for Web use, which I now
need to print. But it has a Carriage Return space between each
paragraph that I want to remove, so as to print it in a normal way.

How do I do this?  Anyone advise?

Thanks for any help.

Snazz
0
Snazz

Use Edit>Replace with ^p^p in the Find what control and ^p in the Replace
with control.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Snazz" <nospam@here.com> wrote in message

> I have a document originally designed for Web use, which I now
> need to print. But it has a Carriage Return space between each
> paragraph that I want to remove, so as to print it in a normal way.
>
> How do I do this?  Anyone advise?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>

> Snazz

0
Doug
1/26/2010 9:26:18 AM
Terrific!

Thanks.for the assistance.

Snazz
0
Snazz

remove all nonprinting whitespace characters
I imported some data from some Active Server pages in Excel and there are some blank spaces or whitespace that I can not delete. I can delete it manually, although, there are 7 columns of 1080 rows. Help please. The trim and Clean functions will not remove this. David McRitchie has some info on this. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/join.htm#trimall Chip Person's CellView add-in allows you to see the exact characters in a cell, as well as their character codes (in either decimal or hex numbers). http://www.cpearson.com/excel/cellview.htm HTH Paul -----------------------...

Error When Removing Exchange 2003
When I try to remove MS Exchange 2003 SP2 from a Windows 2003 Server SP1 I get the following error: "One or more users currently use this mailbox store. These users must be moved to a different mailbox store or be mail disabled before deleting this store. ID no: c1034a7f Exchange System Manager" I have no users with a mailbox on that server. I followed all of the instructions at: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=279202 And still found no users with mailboxes on that server. Any suggestions what to try next in order to be able to remove Exchange from this server? Thanks. --...

Spacing After Footnote Numbering Word 2007
I have many footnotes in my document. Our house style is to have the spacing after the number aligned at 1cm and I can do this by selecting all the footnotes and changing the Indent to Hanging 1cm. However, this does not move the first line of text away from the number so I am having to go into the first line of every footnote and Tab the text across so that it is aligned with the remainder of the paragraph. Is there any way I can do this in one exercise instead of doing each note individually? See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/macrosvba/UnSuperscptFnotes.htm. Note that you will...

hotbar removal
how do i remove hotbar adware from my computer? >-----Original Message----- >how do i remove hotbar adware from my computer? >. > Control Panel and Add/Remove programs >-----Original Message----- >how do i remove hotbar adware from my computer? >. > you could try Adaware: http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/ Another site that gives instructions for Hotbar removal: http://www.pchell.com/support/hotbar.shtml -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the...

Cannot remove bill from DRP
I want to remove a bill from the DRP because it always rounds to the nearest dollar (and my bank doesn't). However, whenever I un-check it (and answer yes to the "are you sure prompt", I get a "This operation cannot be performed." error. Clicking on the More Info button of the error gives me the following info... ID: 34 Source mnyob99 Version 12.0 Symbolic Name: errUnknown I've repaired the file (both quick and standards) as suggested, but it hasn't fixed the problem. ...

Remove Investments
I need to remove the investments from the Investment Summary that I no longer own. I have looked in the help files but nothing helps. Any ideas? In account view, either remove shares or transfer shares if you have them in another account. If you sold them show the sale. -- Neil "davida9201" <davida9201@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3599F5DE-958A-4C49-B339-8FCB3F76CE80@microsoft.com... >I need to remove the investments from the Investment Summary that I no >longer > own. I have looked in the help files but nothing helps. Any ideas? ...

how to i remove the task bar?
Every time I select cells, etc. on a document, the task pane opens. I close it every time b/c I do not find it especially helpful, but it re-appears every time. How do I permanently remove it so that it does not show up ever again? I have searched and asked around but cannot fidn a way to do this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Sorry, I meant the Task Pane (the one that has the "Getting Started" and "Research" options). "CA" wrote: > Every time I select cells, etc. on a document, the task pane opens. I close > it every time b/c ...

How to remove the exchange public folder?
Hi, We have exchange 5.5 running in our organization. We remove one site from the current organization and would like to know, how can we remove the public folders which replicated when it was on the organization with other sites. Thanks >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >We have exchange 5.5 running in our organization. We >remove one site from the current organization and would >like to know, how can we remove the public folders which >replicated when it was on the organization with other >sites. > >Thanks >. >you need to open exchange in raw ...

Accidentally clicked Remove on an Attachment
I had opened an email message that someone sent me. In the message was an attachment displayed right below the subject line. I right clicked on it and tried to click on "save as". However, instead I accidentally clicked on Remove. Much to my surprise it has now deleted the attachment! I have not closed Outlook yet for fear it will disappear forever. I tried to right click again but there is no option to undo or view attachment either from within the message or in my inbox. I found some info about the Temporary folder that Outlook stores images , attachments, etc.. and when I looked i...

Adding to GAL after name user removed
We had someone accidentally remove a couple of users to the default GAL. Is there a way to get them back on there? Actaually there is only one account I need to add back. They no longer show up in AD Users and Computers. Thanks. On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 10:39:42 -0400, "Jeff Murphy" <jmurphy@advancednetworksystems.com> wrote: >We had someone accidentally remove a couple of users to the default GAL. Is >there a way to get them back on there? Actaually there is only one account I >need to add back. They no longer show up in AD Users and Computers. > >Thanks....

"Pivot Table" option in Add / Remove buttons for Pivot Table Toolbar
Hello: I need to hide / disable / inactivate the "Pivot Table" button in the Pivot Table Toolbar so that a user can not select it (make it available). The users will have access to the Pivot Table Toolbar so that they can refresh data, select fields, collapse and expand data etc. but not have access to the Pivot Table button which gives access to (Pivot Table Wizard, Options etc.) Please help. Thanks. Forge On Aug 22, 3:02=A0am, Forge <forg...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello: > > I need to hide / disable / inactivate the "Pivot Table" button in the > Pivot...

How do I remove a Public Folder Store from and Exchange 2003 SP2 Front End server to resolve the Mail-Enabled Public Folder issue?
I am looking for the best way to remove the Public Folder Store from my Exchange 2003 SP2 Front End Server. Environment I have a single Exchange 2003 SP2 Back End Server (Windows 2003 R2 Server Enterprise Edition) The Back End Exchange Server has a single Public Folder Store. I recently installed an Exchange 2003 SP2 Front End Server (Windows 2003 R2 Server Enterprise Edition) Issue E-mail delivery from internet addresses to Mail-Enable Public folders on the Back-End server has stopped. What I have done so far I verified all permissions on the mail-enabled public folders are correct I dismo...

Want to remove HQ?
Hello: My client has HQ installed and 2 stores running Store Ops. HQ has not been functioning properly, some bugs that are occurring include finance charges and customer payments posting to the wrong customer. Inventory changes made in HQ are not downloaded to the stores. They are also frustrated that tasks that were accomplished in one step in Store Ops e.g. changing prices and costs on an item, now require several steps and running two or more worksheets in HQ. They would like to remove HQ and run all three stores as a single store with addditional lanes. The stores will be conn...

data files cannot be removed
Hi All, Running Outlook 2003. Have a strange thing going on. In the folderlist I have a datafile which I can not remove. I choose close personal folders and get an error that says an object could not be found. If I look at the datafiles registered with Outlook, there are none. The only place where this datafile shows up is in the delivery window (e-mail accounts - change e-mail accounts - deliver new e-mails to the following folder) How can I get rid of this folder ? ...

Bulk Removal of Attachments
I know how to remove an attachment from an Outlook email message. Sometimes, however, I would like to remove all attachments from a particular sub-folder. Outlook does not do this. I know that there are various low cost or freeware programs available out there to do this, but have no idea which ones are best. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance You will find many of these with descriptions here: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/housekeeping.htm The choice is yours. Try a few! <EHPorter> wrote in message news:419b584c$0$530$a1866201@visi.com... >I know how t...

A way to remove events by Source name ?
Hi: The API CleanEventLog() will clean the whole event log. Just wonder, is there a ways to selectively remove certain events by it's "Source" name? Thanks In Advance ! Polaris Current Platform SDK is 2003 server. -- - Mark Randall http://zetech.swehli.com "Polaris" <etpolaris@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eokv9rcdFHA.2664@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi: > > The API CleanEventLog() will clean the whole event log. Just wonder, is > there a ways to selectively remove certain events by it's "Source" name? > > Thanks In A...

*leftover user account folders not removable
Windows XP Sp-3 I removed a user account, however, Windows is still saving files to a "removed" user desktop folder that is left. I cannot remove the Favorites, Desktop and several other folder left. Error says it is still being used by a program. How do I ditch this? Thanks "xp-pro" <xp-pro@nowhere.net> wrote in message news:#gAi9dBmKHA.1540@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Windows XP Sp-3 > > I removed a user account, however, Windows is still saving files to a > "removed" user desktop folder that is left. Eh? Please ...

Remove part of string
I have First Name and Middle Name all in one field: |Jack Fred| - How can I remove the middle name ie: Fred from this string? There could also be just First Name or First Name and middle initial only. Thanks, Jack hi Jack, JackpipE wrote: > I have First Name and Middle Name all in one field: |Jack Fred| - How > can I remove the middle name ie: Fred from this string? There could > also be just First Name or First Name and middle initial only. Use InStr() and Left(): Public Function FirstWord(AString As String) As String Dim SpacePos As Long SpacePos = InStr(ASrting, "...

Add/Remove Programs -- Where do they go?
I just removed several obsolete programs from my Dell 2350 (running XP) to free up some space on the hard disk. I used the Add or Remove Programs from the control panel and they removed cleanly but I did not regain any hard disk space after removing several gigs of programs. The programs did not appear in the recycle bin after I deleted them. Is there somewhere else I need to go or something else I need to do to get them off the hard disk? Thanks In Advance, lb303910 On May 27, 9:44=A0pm, lb303910 <lb303...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just rem...

Visio 2003
I'm slowly coming to a solution on creating an office floor plan, and populating the drawing with icons representing computer equipment from a SQL database. The problem I have now, is once I Enable Space Plans, and Import Data there seems to be no way to remove the "link" that is created. For example, I run the Import Data wizard, and I decide to import equipment from a table containing Printer. Using the wizard I assign a shape to be used, and voila the drawing is populated properly with all the printers. Now if I choose to Refresh the data, new printers are added as the dat...

Help: Outlook adds spaces to e-mail addresses!
Dear All, I am using Outlook 2000 SP3 in IMO. When I reply to an e-mail, Outlook sometimes adds spaces to the address of the recipient of the reply. Because I add all senders to my address book automatically, the compose window only shows the name of the person, rather than the raw e-mail address. So I have unintentionally been sending replies to invalid addresses and, worse still, for some reason they do NOT even return bounce messages. So who knows how many messages I have sent that have vanished, and I have assumed the recipient is ignoring them. An example is: someone@internet.com Beco...

how can I remove the line through a completed task?
I want to show a task as completed, but not have a line drawn through it so that it is still readable at a later date. wdwfan wrote: > I want to show a task as completed, but not have a line drawn through it so > that it is still readable at a later date. You can't get rid of the line-through but you can change its color so it is less obtrusive. You never identified WHICH version of Outlook that you use. In OL2003: Tools -> Options -> Preferences tab: Task Options Menu navigation may differ in whatever version of Outlook that you use. You can remove th...

Removing " " from a cell
I downloaded a file which has the extension .csv. It has a column of numbers but they are preceded and followed by " like this "4293226" and I am trying to create a formula that subtracts the second row, third row.... to the end number from the first row number. I get a #VALUE!. Is there a simple way to remove the "" from each number? Select the range to fix Edit replace what: " with: (leave blank) replace all Maybe the quickest way. GTT wrote: > > I downloaded a file which has the extension .csv. It has a column of > numbers but they are preced...

Remove "padlock" from folder to enable homegroup accessI
I have a folder on my homegroup which has a "padlock" sign against it. It is on my laptop but Im cannot see it from me desktop. Sharing is enabled and I have tried putting it into "public" documents but still cannot see it when I open these libraries. I am using Word 2007 and Windows 7 Help ...

Add Remove Message Inbox Headings
Hi :) I have to do the ECDL (European Computer Driving License) Module 7 this week and I'm stuck on two points: 7.6.3.1 - Add/Remove Message Inbox Headings like: sender, subject, date, received - How do I add or remove those headings in Outlook 2007? Thanks for any help :) Giulio. ...