How to get last session position in 2007 Word

Hi!

There was the simple and vary convenient AutoOpen macro in 2003 Word

Sub AutoOpen()
Application.GoBack
End Sub

that give last editing position when open document.

This macro does not work at all in 2007 Word. What can I do instead?

Check this thread.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?query=application.GoBack&dg=microsoft.public.word.docmanagement&cat=en-us-office-word&lang=en&cr=US&pt=617c4d62-4061-4107-8d46-2a22fc6fa202&catlist=&dglist=&ptlist=&exp=&sloc=en-us

Hope it helps,
--
Brian McCaffery

"Sevilho" wrote:

> Hi!
>
> There was the simple and vary convenient AutoOpen macro in 2003 Word
>
> Sub AutoOpen()
> Application.GoBack
> End Sub
>
> that give last editing position when open document.
>
> This macro does not work at all in 2007 Word. What can I do instead?
It does work the same in Word 2007 here.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Sevilho" <Sevilho@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> There was the simple and vary convenient AutoOpen macro in 2003 Word
>
> Sub AutoOpen()
> Application.GoBack
> End Sub
>
> that give last editing position when open document.
>
> This macro does not work at all in 2007 Word. What can I do instead?

0
Doug
5/21/2010 9:55:41 AM
Unfortunately, although the GoBack command (Shift+F5) works during an
editing session in Word 2007, the last edit point bookmark is not saved when
the document is closed. This is true only for .docx documents. If you save
the document in Word 97-2003 format, the bookmark is retained. I believe
this functionality has been restored in Word 2010.

See
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.word.newusers&mid=5db998a5-7f13-4ede-887c-3d6f817a5a70&sloc=en-us

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Sevilho" <Sevilho@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> There was the simple and vary convenient AutoOpen macro in 2003 Word
>
> Sub AutoOpen()
> Application.GoBack
> End Sub
>
> that give last editing position when open document.
>
> This macro does not work at all in 2007 Word. What can I do instead?

0
Suzanne
5/21/2010 12:30:32 PM
You can do it with three macros in the normal template

 Sub FileSave()
 On Error Resume Next
 ActiveDocument.Bookmarks.Add Range:=Selection.Range, name:="OpenAt"
 ActiveDocument.Save
 End Sub

 Sub FileSaveAs()
 On Error Resume Next
 ActiveDocument.Bookmarks.Add Range:=Selection.Range, name:="OpenAt"
 Dialogs(wdDialogFileSaveAs).Show
 End Sub

 Sub AutoOpen()
 If ActiveDocument.Bookmarks.Exists("OpenAt") = True Then
    ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("OpenAt").Select
 End If
 End Sub

 The documents will thus always open at the place the cursor was when the
 document was saved.

 --
 <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
 Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

 My web site www.gmayor.com
 Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
 <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Sevilho" <Sevilho@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> There was the simple and vary convenient AutoOpen macro in 2003 Word
>
> Sub AutoOpen()
> Application.GoBack
> End Sub
>
> that give last editing position when open document.
>
> This macro does not work at all in 2007 Word. What can I do instead?

0
Graham
5/21/2010 12:31:07 PM
Thank you vary much. It really works !!!

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

> You can do it with three macros in the normal template
>
>  Sub FileSave()
>  On Error Resume Next
>  ActiveDocument.Bookmarks.Add Range:=Selection.Range, name:="OpenAt"
>  ActiveDocument.Save
>  End Sub
>
>  Sub FileSaveAs()
>  On Error Resume Next
>  ActiveDocument.Bookmarks.Add Range:=Selection.Range, name:="OpenAt"
>  Dialogs(wdDialogFileSaveAs).Show
>  End Sub
>
>  Sub AutoOpen()
>  If ActiveDocument.Bookmarks.Exists("OpenAt") = True Then
>     ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("OpenAt").Select
>  End If
>  End Sub
>
>  The documents will thus always open at the place the cursor was when the
>  document was saved.
>
>  --
>  <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>  Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>
>  My web site www.gmayor.com
>  Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
>  <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>

> "Sevilho" <Sevilho@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi!
> >
> > There was the simple and vary convenient AutoOpen macro in 2003 Word
> >
> > Sub AutoOpen()
> > Application.GoBack
> > End Sub
> >
> > that give last editing position when open document.
> >
> > This macro does not work at all in 2007 Word. What can I do instead?
>

> .

Thank you, Suzanne. You give understandable and comprehensive answer.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

> Unfortunately, although the GoBack command (Shift+F5) works during an
> editing session in Word 2007, the last edit point bookmark is not saved when
> the document is closed. This is true only for .docx documents. If you save
> the document in Word 97-2003 format, the bookmark is retained. I believe
> this functionality has been restored in Word 2010.
>
> See
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.word.newusers&mid=5db998a5-7f13-4ede-887c-3d6f817a5a70&sloc=en-us
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> http://word.mvps.org
>
> "Sevilho" <Sevilho@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi!
> >
> > There was the simple and vary convenient AutoOpen macro in 2003 Word
> >
> > Sub AutoOpen()
> > Application.GoBack
> > End Sub
> >
> > that give last editing position when open document.
> >
> > This macro does not work at all in 2007 Word. What can I do instead?
> >

> .

Doug! You did not check what you write. I wrote it does not work, and you
wrote it work. Read all thread.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

> It does work the same in Word 2007 here.
>
> --
> Hope this helps.

> services on a paid consulting basis.

> "Sevilho" <Sevilho@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi!
> >
> > There was the simple and vary convenient AutoOpen macro in 2003 Word
> >
> > Sub AutoOpen()
> > Application.GoBack
> > End Sub
> >
> > that give last editing position when open document.
> >
> > This macro does not work at all in 2007 Word. What can I do instead?

Slow Printing vs Word
I am creating a 4x4 label as a report in Access for Inventory Control. When I print the report out of Access it pauses between label prints. So if I print 4 copies it pauses for about 2-3 seconds between prints. If I create and print that exact same label out of Word it prints all copies consecutively without any pauses. I'm using 2003. Any ideas? ...

Getting Data Shapes to Work with Custom Stencils
I imported a picture and saved it as a shape. Then I linked data from a SQL database. I can get the data to show up in the Shape Date, but I can't get a Data Graphic to appear. Note that I can get Data Graphics to work with out of the box shapes in the same drawing - just not the custom picture. Tried in both Visio 2007 and 2010 Beta. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance. ...

Problems with re-setting the last active cell in an Excel workshee
I am trying to re-set the last active cell on an Excel 2002 worksheet (in this particular sheet it should be cell DA197). I have used both the methods described in the Knowledge Base article (deleting rows and columns and re-saving; and the Excess Format Cleaner add-in). Deleting the rows and columns does not work; using the Excess Format Cleaner does not work either and it then also hides the rows from 198 to 65536 - but does not do the same for the columns. I have checked that there is no protection on the worksheet. Has anyone else come across this problem and if so can you please ...

2007 Money Issue
I hope someone can help me here. I previously used Money 2003 on XP. Just received a new PC with Vista. I ordered Money 2007 from the Miscrosoft website. It loads correctly and works fine after install. Once I import my 2003 data or copy the 2003 Money File over the 2007 Money file I begin to have an issue. Money 2007 takes anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes to open the file. I can click bills and calendar but once I click Home it takes another 5 minutes to get there. Any ideas on what could be happening. What is the correct way to upgrade from 2003 to 2007? The file is 7mb? First...

Add Word and change format
1) Let say colomn A is a product codes, such as "PK0021", "UQ05P8", etc...Now I want add a "Z" in front the codes. To be "ZPK0021, ZUQ05P8". What's the faster way in case I got thousand of codes? 2) In my colomn B is such code as "18-521-65, 18-81-84, 18-1112-65" and etc. Now I would like to make it to be standard to 4 digit for the middle number to be "18-0521-65, 18-0081-84, 18-1112-65" ... As the same senario as above, I got more than thousand of such codes... What's the faster way? Kelvin The first could be done wi...

All attachments received are corrupt in Outlook 2007
I just installed Office2007 and all attachments that are coming in(PDF, XLS, ZIP) will not open without warnings of corruptions. Media files will not open at all. I am on XP Home with all updates. I must be missing something somewhere. I cannot even get embedded pictures to show. Any ideas how to fix this problem?? thanks "The Ticket" <The Ticket@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C58FC764-9FA6-4A36-9074-F93CE1718EBF@microsoft.com... >I just installed Office2007 and all attachments that are coming in(PDF, >XLS, > ZIP) will not open without warning...

Get $500 to your PAYPAL Account by just one CLICK #2

How to get newsletter on the web
We currently publish a newsletter that is 16 ~ 20 pages. Our January newsletter was 16 pages and the pub file (pub 2002) is 25mb. I can save it as a PDF file and it shrinks it to 7.5mb. If I save all the pages as jpegs, reduce them to 75dpi and then save as a PDF, then we're down to 3.5mb. Is this my best option? I'd like to be able to get the file size even smaller. I am saving the pages as 8.5 x 11 pages. Should I make them smaller than that? We're just getting started with a website and would like to put up our newsletters, but I'd like to get them small enough so th...

Publisher 2007 Email Anything with pictures
I'm new at this. I want to send out an email to my chapter each month advising of Lunch, cost, location... yadda. I am able to create a wonderful email. I send it and if you have outlook and Yahoo, it comes out o.k. If you open it in AOL or Thunderbird, Everything comes out as separate .jpg. (Borders, Logo, Some of the text) attached to the email. There is one option that I tried and it came out as one .jpg attachment. I have tried all the options to the best of my knowledge. None of the options come out as reading it when you open it in AOL or Thunderbird. Some tex...

Outlood 2007
Boy, do I need help. I''m a novice with a lot of email experience; but this program is throwing me for a loop: It will not allow me to delete an email message out of my inbox. It will not allow me to save a new contact. I can't even delete a calendar reminder. Can you help me? Coachvan1@cox.net "coachvan1@cox.net" <coachvan1@cox.net@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9D09235-B706-463F-8E51-E22AEE731921@microsoft.com... > Boy, do I need help. > I''m a novice with a lot of email experience; but this program is thr...

Outlook 2007 Not Working after IE8B2 Install
Outlook 2007 has stopped working since I installed IE8 beta 2 I start OL2007 - the "blank" screen and splash are displayed along with a Windows Installer dialogue box with the text "Preparing to install...". I gave it half an hour it just sits there, I killed OL and rebooted, OL asked if I wanted to start in Safe Mode I responded in the affirmative but the Windows Installer window is still there. Neither Task Manager, Process Explorer nor System Explorer show a Task or Process for an installer. The Windows Installer window is owned by the Outlook 2007 process, its ...

How to set right margin in the Endnotes in Word?
I need to set the right margin in the endnotes in Word 2007. If you want the notes to have a different margin from the page, you can apply an indent (positive or negative) to the Endnote Text style. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Ounbbl" <Ounbbl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:826849B3-FED1-411D-906E-489FB29F1A00@microsoft.com... >I need to set the right margin in the endnotes in Word 2007. > ...

2003 code raises error in 2007
I have a reference in VBA to a subform of a subform, which works fine in Access 2003. In Access 2007, however, it results in "you have entered an invalid reference to the property Form/Report." This is the snippet of code: Private Sub SetFormProperties() 'called from form_open, makes all forms editable if edit mode was selected Dim ctrl As Control, ctrlSub As Control Dim frm As Form If Me.OpenArgs = "Edit" Then Set frm = Me 'set main form edit options EditProperties frm 'set subform edit options For Each ctrl In frm If ct...

Date last edited
I would like to enter a field into the footer of an Excel document that automatically displays the date and time the document was last edited. This is possible in Word and Visio, but I can't find a way to do it in Excel. Is it possible? Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cacel As Boolean) With ActiveWorkbook .ActiveSheet.PageSetup.LeftHFooter = "Last saved on: " & _ Format(.BuiltinDocumentPropert�ies("Last Save Time"), _ "dd mmm yyyy") End With End Sub goes in the ThisWorkbook code module. -- HTH Bob P...

Importing Word to Excel
Hello! I have a list of names and adresses in a word document that look lik this: Doctor John Smith Director Hospital of Hurt People 4556 Bittersweet Lane Town, State xxxxxx I am now compiling another list of names and adresses and entering th data immediately into Excel (file attached). What I would like to do is merge the two lists into one and eliminat any duplicates. The goal is to print mailing labels. Could someone point me in the right direction? Also, should I be using Access instead of Excel -- Project ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Pr...

How do I get a checkbox to check in Word?
I have a Word document form with numerous checkboxes. I did some updates to it and now the boxes won't check. What can I do to get them to check and un-check again? Protect the document for forms. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "Danieldh" <Da...

NewBie: trying to get a Username from a console App
I am trying to get username on a console app with MFC support . Here is the code #include "stdafx.h" #include "spy.h" #ifdef _DEBUG #define new DEBUG_NEW #undef THIS_FILE static char THIS_FILE[] = __FILE__; #endif ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// // The one and only application object CWinApp theApp; using namespace std; BOOL GetUserName( LPTSTR lpBuffer, // address of name buffer LPDWORD nSize // address of size of name buffer ); int _tmain(int argc, TCHAR* argv[], TCHAR* envp[]) { int nRetCode ...

"Get-ClusterResource" cmdlet throws "not recognized as a cmdlet, function, operable program, or script file" error.
Hi, I am trying to use "Get-ClusterResource" cmdlet to fetch "File Share Witness" property of CCR cluster. But when I run this command no "Exchange Management Shell" I am getting "The term 'Get- ClusterResource' is not recognized as a cmdlet, function, operable program, or script file. Verify the term and try again." error. Any idea why I am getting this error? Do I need to add any "PSSnapin" via Add-PSSnapin cmdlet ? If so which one it is? Basically I am not able to run any of the cluster related GET cmdlets on Exchange Managem...

Office 2007 Recovery
Is it possible to recover office 2007 that was installed on an extended partion? Neighbor has windows vista 32 bit on a 320Gb hard Drive partioned as primary and 2 extended partitions. Vista crashed and she reinstalled it but office 2007 and all apps were installed on the extended partion and is there from backup but I cannot get it to start any ideas how to get this working? You need to have the original disks/CDs. There is no other way to get Office back. What people don't know is that it is the registry entries that make office run. Without registry entries, you are...

Getting Data from another sheet? #3
WHere do I save it to -- bludovic ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bludovico's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1480 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26722 Hi bludovico The manual is not ready yet (First version of the Add-in) Save the file where you want on your PC. Then in Excel go to Tools>Add-ins.. Browse to the file..OK You see it in the list now (Select it) -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "bludovico" <bludovico.1dribg@excelforum-...

can't open VB editor in Excel 2007 under Vista
I have a spreadsheet with VB code in it. On my XP PC I can edit it without any problem. On my Vista PC, I can run the code, but if I try to edit it I get "error in loading dll". The VB window opens up, but the modules won't. Also, it used to work - I don't know why it stopped. Can anyone help? Thanks! On Nov 11, 3:42=A0am, "Sandy Rosenberg" <srosenb...@bloomfieldct.deleteme.org> wrote: > I have a spreadsheet with VB code in it. =A0On my XP PC I can edit it wit= hout > any problem. =A0On my Vista PC, I can run the code, but if I try to edit = it...

How do I get my compuserve e-mail to populate outlook?
I am currently using compuserve as my e-mail provider. How do I migrate to using Microsoft Outlook? Buy Outlook (alone or as part of Microsoft Office). Install Outlook. Define an account within Outlook with the server settings specified by Compuserve for their POP3 and SMTP servers. If you cannot find their web page that lists the server's IP names and ports that you are supposed to use, and since you are paying them for mail service, call their tech support to get that information. __________________________________________________ "kateramos" <kateramos@discussion...

Word excel questions
Hi, I have 3 windows Xp home edition sp2 pc's. Unfortunetly, none of them came with Microsoft Word. The pc's did come with Word perfect 10 by Corel. My teen has to be away from school for several days. In her computer class, they use word and will be doing some Excel things. She will do some make ups at home. Is it possible to get Word w/excell for free? Or maybe a trial version for free until she is able to return to school? I told the teacher all this and mentioned that there may be a trial version online. Any tips would be great. thanks in advance -- Thanks so very much fo...

Word documents are re-formatted to an undesired font on opening
I have saved documents with an Arial based style but on re-opening the styles have Times New Roman and different font sizes. How did you change the styles? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "KeithCC" <KeithCC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C7387D1-C9F8-4E37-AF7F-7CD79CAC2042@microsoft.com... >I have saved documents with an Arial based style but on re-opening the >styles > have Times New Roman and different font sizes. ...

How to get the graph #2
Thanks a lot. But I can not download the zip.file. :confused -- slam ----------------------------------------------------------------------- slamm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1501 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26876 Hi what happens then you try to download it? "slamm" wrote: > > Thanks a lot. > But I can not download the zip.file. :confused: > > > -- > slamm > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > slamm's Profile: http...