how to edit Adobe file

Most certainly not in Word.

pdf files, I'm assuming that is what you mean by 'Adobe files', are 'fixed'
files. Their layout is frozen so they look the same on any machine and can
not be edited.

If you still want to edit such a pdf file, you will have to convert the file
to something else, edit it, and then save the result back as a pdf. The best
tool to do the conversion of pdf files to Word documents is probably Acrobat
Professional. Unfortunately, that is a rather expensive product to use for a
few simple conversions. There are a few online places that will do the
conversion for free (e.g. http://www.convertpdftoword.net/) but you will
have to test them yourself to see if they are good enough for you.

Yves

"john d" <john d@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how to edit Adobe file

0
Yves

Question about what "Home" means in the Home and Student Edition

How do this happen? 2 Personal FIles!
Hi, All of a sudden, I have 2 Personal Folders!!!! They seem identical, and I cannot get rid of one or the other. * The only thing recently changed is the installation of XP SP-2. * All previous XP-Pro updates have been installed * Running Outlook 2000, and all updates are installed (never had any problems with these...they were installed "long ago." Thank you for your help! "Howie" Post your mail support mode of Outlook 2000. Line 2 of Help | About if you don't know. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "stuff" <Howie@*S*P*A*M*AetosCentric.COM...

File compatability problems with Pocket Excel
I recently set up a client with an HP IPAQ PC5500 with pocket windows 2003. She had a number of spreadsheets that she wanted to use on the handheld which we copied across OK (using activesync, they were converted to ..PXL). However only about 3/4 of them would open. The ones that wouldn't simply gave an error box that said: "An error occurred while opening '<filename>'. They have no macros; they had been created in Excel 2000. All of the files in question are under 100k. I have also tried the following with no success: - copied the contents of each sheet to a new she...

URGENT: Excel files renamed to HEX
For the last few days, some users are getting Excel files saved as a "random" extensionless HEX named file - e.g. 40120100 - and the original file name is lost. We have not been notified of any warnings or errors given to the end user. Users are running WindowsXPsp2, OfficeXPsp3. Server is Windows2003 server running DFS/FRS. Antivirus for both server and client is McAfee VirusScan 8 - engine 4400, dat 4460. Can't find anything in event logs. This error *may* have started when users DFS referral was directed from Server A to Server B. However, servers are both W2K3 with sa...

Huge *.mny file
Greetings again It happens that after several girations of money (99 onwards) I was left with a huge *.mny file. That is OK since it carries my history around. However, it is taking too long to load, so I wanted to archive old items. That ended up with a corrupted .mny file and a useless archive. What is that I am doing wrong? --ARosenthal MCS Dallas How huge is huge? As to what you are doing wrong, I'd nominate worrying about the size of the file and assuming a strong correlation between file size and performance. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=7. "ARosenthal" <...

"there has been an error reading or writing the file"
I have been having numerous problems lately with my Mny delux 2005. 1. portfolio does not show correct "Market Value" of most securities most of the time, 2. Lines listing securities on portfolio manager are duplicated and change upon being floated over by the mouse curser and 3. the program blows out after displaying the error message, "there has been an error reading or writing the file" after folowing the intructions at: http://help.msn.com/(ZmlsdGVyPUNEX0RMWCZwcm9qZWN0PW1vbmV5MDUmbWFya2V0PWVuLVVTJmN1PSZ0bXQ9dG1wOUYudG1wIC0gTWljcm9zb2Z0IE1vbmV5JmtjPSZmb3JtYXQ9)/help...

Can't open file: "The .VBP file for this project contains an invalid or corrupt library references ID"
I'm running Microsoft Excel v.X on a Mac with Panther (OS X). An Excel file which I used a lot now cannot be opened - it says "The .VBP file for this project contains an invalid or corrupt library references ID". I have no idea what this is - it's a single file with just 2 sheets in it, and is fairly simple - no links to outside objects, no graphics, etc. Just a single file. What can I do to get it opened?? Microsoft Word can read it, but I'd like to keep working on it in Excel... Thanks in advance! Mike Levin ...

Search Companion missing file
I'm helping a friend whose laptop was infected with a virus/trojan. We disinfected using MalwareBytes anti-malware app. She now has a functioning pc again...but... When I try to use the search feature in Windows XP, I get an error message that reads "A file that is required to run Search Companion cannot be found. You may need to run Setup." I tried to reinstall via the srchasst.inf file in the Windows\inf folder (right-click - install) but it said 'The file "msgr3en.dll" on the Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 CD is needed. The problem is...

Password Protect Project Files
Is it possible to password protect local .mpp files in Project '07? I know this functionality is possible in other MS Office applications, but I cannot find that option in Project Pro '07. Does anyone know if it is included in Project 2010? Check File > Save As > Tools > General Options This won't work if you save to the server, but only for local .mpp files. I presume it's the same in 2010. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > Is it possible to password protect local .mpp files in Project '07? I > know this ...

Moving my files to a new computer
So I've copied my old .pst file to my new computer, used Tools>options>mail setup>data files to introduce outlook to it, and reset it to to default and removed the old entry so there is just the one entry in the list. Both my new and old outlooks are 2003. So far so good and I can see my mail folders and contacts in the left hand pane, *but* tools>address book is not showing any of my contact addresses, nor will check names show them. Anyone know whay or can point me at an article that tells me what to do? Also, I have several email accounts is there an easy way of movi...

Export a range to a text file
Hello need some advise on how to procede I need to be able to create a text file containg some text as well as data that is within a named range in excel and then some more text. I can handle printing to the text files using cell values etc but am unsure of the best way to print the ranges data. Is there a way or procedure to just print the range as is in csv format? As well my range will contain about 6 columns, each containg a number field (formatting of decimal places is important, some have 2 dec some 3 etc) Also the range has a max of 50 rows however will always contain lower rows of...

Can't open downloaded ofx file
I am trying to download my credit card transactions by downloading the ofx file. When I go the the credit card web site and I open the file (rather than download it locally) and nothing happens. MS Money moves into focus but the transactions do not download. This was working before. Anyone know the fix? Also, does any one know in which temporary folder the file is saved to? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, zuhx wrote: >I am trying to download my credit card transactions by downloading the ofx >file. When I go the the credit card web site and I open the file (rather >...

adobe active share phtot have gone smaller on slide show
I have adobe active share for my photo albums on my computor. The photos for some reason have just gone half the size of my screen and on a slide show. Even when I have imported new photos from fine pix they are half the screen size to.Can you please help Are you seeing this 1/2 size issue in Windows Live Photo Gallery? What is "fine pix?" -steve gill <user@msgroups.net/> wrote: >I have adobe active share for my photo albums on my computor. The photos for some reason have just gone half the size of my screen and on a slide show. Even when I have imported new photo...

Sharing 2006 Money File
I am trying to share Money with my wife. We both have a hotmail account. I have tried to log into her account (www.hotmail.com) ... no problem. However, whenever I try to add her via "Manage sharing" and I enter her password ... Money returns with a "...could not complete sharing setup for this file please try again". I have gone through the "Access your Money data on the Web". It does not specify what the problem is. Am I missing something? Any input is welcome Thanks Do both of you have different Passport accounts? Are all hotmail.com accounts also Pass...

What is the maximum number of users that can share Excel File?
According to the Excel Help file, all users on your network, unless you restrict the number. "pfine" wrote: > ...

How to correct saving excel file on portable flash drive?
Have been saving an excel file on a portable flash drive for some time now. Now receiving the message ...unable to create file or directory. I am still able to save other files to my flash drive so that can not be the problem. Also no problem saving the file in my documents on c: drive. Hi one should NEVER save an excel file directly to a removeable storage system. This could just create corrupted Excel files. Are you able to open the file after saved to the harddisc? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Jonathangbs wrote: > Have been saving an excel file on a portable flash...

Column widths get changed when another user opens my files
hello, i save an excel file on a network drive and when another user opens it the width of the columns are all changed. what's going on? How can we get stop this? thanks!!! ...

Open Level 2 files
In Outlook 2002, is there anyway to to open level 2 files from outlook? It is a real PITA to save it, find it, then open it. Thanks. ************************************************ Flip the words on the domain name to send email. ************************************************ http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm should help you out. AFAIK, no, but reading this page might help. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Curt Bates <crbates@footbig.com> aske...

Installing CRM on 2003 Web Edition
Has anyone installed CRM 1.2 on Windows Server 2003 Web Edition. The implementation guide is says it is a supported OS, I am planning on attaching WS03 Web Edition to an SBS 2003 server. I know that the supported configuration has everything on the single SBS box, but I would much rather put some things on other boxes. I am also planning on putting SQL Server on its own box as well. Any comments on this configuration? thanks, Geoff Hi, Beware that SQL Server cannot be installed on a Web Server edition ! -- Olivier Schmitt Microsoft Business Solutions Support Ce message est fourni...

Header file help
Sir, I am presently doing an application work in VC++.I am doing the coding for "Virtual CD ROM Drive".In this I am not getting one headerfile i.e "#include<ntddcdrm.h>".In msdn you mentioned the path windows nt DDk which I am not having.I am kindly requesting you to provide this header file through mail. thanking you your faithfully Kiran. Hello, You downloads ntddcdrm.h from the following link, http://cvs.winehq.com/cvsweb/~checkout~/wine/include/ntddc drm.h?rev=1.3&content-type=text/plain Regards, R.Selvam >-----Original Message----- >Sir,...

Outlook dbx file
My boss saved his outlook express messages to a file with a dbx extension on a memory stick off his old computer. How do I get outlook express to recognize the file on his new computer or restore it on his old one? He wants his messages back and I don't know how to open the dbx file and I can't seem to copy it back to it's original folder. Thanks. 1. Email Messages: From the Outlook Express menu select Tools | Options | Maintenance and click the StoreFolder button. You see a dialog with the name of the directory that has your mail files. If you look in that directory ...

Printing to Adobe
I get a runtime error everytime I print an invoice to Adobe 6.0. What's the deal? The invoice prints to the adobe distiller and creates the PDF. However MS Money crashes, sometimes it restarts itself to the sign on location other times, it just closes. Is there a fix? Below is error I get: Program: msmoney.exe R6025 - pure virtual function call I am using: MS Money 2006 Small Business version 15.0.150.513 In microsoft.public.money, Caddant wrote: >I get a runtime error everytime I print an invoice to Adobe 6.0. What's the >deal? The invoice prints to the adobe distiller an...

How do you open PDF files with Word 2007?
How do you open a PDF file in Word 2007? anybody? I tried to download the PDF add on app but that is not working either. I have on line classes I cant complete until I figure out how to do this. You can't open pdf's in Word -- that's the point of pdf files. On Feb 10, 3:06=A0pm, terrycwilson <terrycwil...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do you open a PDF file in Word 2007? anybody? I tried to download the= PDF > add on app but that is not working either. I have on line classes I cant > complete until I figure out how to do this. You can'...

Importing Quicken 2008 Files
I just downloaded Money Plus Premium and tried to import my Quicken 2008 file. I tried the conversion tool but still no luck. I do understand the like year Money and Quicken files won't allow you to convert. So I guess my question is will Microsoft be updating Money anytime soon so I'll be able to convert my Quicken 08 file into Money Plus? Please help anyone. Arron I don't think anybody here knows. IF they did, they probably wouldn't be at liberty to say. Personally, I wouldn't be holding my breath. "Arron" <Arron@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

checking for existance of file before running macro
I have a macro that opens a source file to retrieve information. I want to be able to check to see if it's there first and if it's not send a msg to the user stating that the file isn't there. When the user clicks okay on the box I want the macro to end without error. Can anyone help? thx, Jim You can use the Dir() function: dim myFilename as string myfilename = "C:\autoexec.bat" if dir(myfilename) = "" then 'it's not there else 'yes, it is end if Jim wrote: > > I have a macro that opens a source file to retrieve information. I wan...