how to edit Adobe file

Most certainly not in Word.

pdf files, I'm assuming that is what you mean by 'Adobe files', are 'fixed'
files. Their layout is frozen so they look the same on any machine and can
not be edited.

If you still want to edit such a pdf file, you will have to convert the file
to something else, edit it, and then save the result back as a pdf. The best
tool to do the conversion of pdf files to Word documents is probably Acrobat
Professional. Unfortunately, that is a rather expensive product to use for a
few simple conversions. There are a few online places that will do the
conversion for free (e.g. http://www.convertpdftoword.net/) but you will
have to test them yourself to see if they are good enough for you.

Yves

"john d" <john d@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how to edit Adobe file

0
Yves

How do I copy a filtered group of files?
Hi. We are trying to get away from a deep folder structure within our Sharepoint libraries, and move to one that is only two deep. We are then using filters / grouping for our display purposes. But, we have run into an issue where we need to copy a group of files over to a CD. Previously these would have been in their own folder. Now with the flat structure, we can filter our view to get to a list of the pertinent files, but cannot find a way to copy only our filtered group of files. Any suggestions? ...

Hyperlink to excel file
I'm in the process of designing my first web page, so I may some very simple instructions. I'm trying to create a hyperlink to an excel file. but I don't seem to be able to view the link when I use the preview your web page button. I've tried to save the file as an excel file as well as a web page, yet I still cannot view the page (does get highlighted). Although while working within Publisher I can hover over the link and press "CTRL & click" and the file does come up (after a couple of security clicks ie, are you sure you want to view this file). What am...

Launching file from Windows Exploer problem
I am always able to launch an excel file by double- clicking in the file name within Windows Explorer. But when I save an excel file as an HTML format, and keep the original .xls file, for some reason, when I double click on the .xls file, it will not launch Excel and open the file automatically. When I double click on the .html file, it does launch Internet Explorer and displays the file as expected. Any ideas why I can't get the .xls file to launch? ...

How do you change the default file locations in Publisher 2007?
I cannot find where they moved this feature. ...

Re: Jpg files and E-mail issue.
Please help, If I am in the wrong place please exuse me... I just upgraded from Outlook express to Outlook 2003. My issue is when I recieve an e-mail with attached jpg pictures, how do I automatically view them each and every time? Keep in mind there are no boxes with red x's in the e-mail either. outlook doesn't support inline images. see http://www.slipstick.com/mail1/inline.htm for options -- "Joseph Thompson" <Joseph Thompson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E9FAF22-D5CA-40A3-889A-5C9ECF8C56DA@microsoft.com... > Please help, If I am i...

How do I insert the file name into a chart (without typing it)?
-- Excel Junkie always looking for formula ideas to more easily crunch data Hi, One way is to enter the following formula in a spare cell on your sheet, A1, for instance, =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("[",CELL("filename",A1))+1,FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))-FIND("[",CELL("filename",A1))-1) which will give you the filename in A1. Then you can reference that cell in your chart title. If you have the morefunc add-in, you could just use =FILENAME(FALSE) instead. Note that the file has to have actually been savedin orde...

Converting a PageMaker file into Publisher
Does anyone know how to convert a PageMaker file into Publisher? If so, I would greatly appreciate any help you could offer. Thanks, Jesse I don't have PageMaker but........ I take it that copy and paste is not what you had in mind? (Do you have PageMaker on your system? What file formats can you export to or save as?) "Jesse" <sublime9796@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:09c501c3fb0d$67e19710$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to convert a PageMaker file into > Publisher? If so, I would greatly appreciate any help you > could offer. Thanks, > Jes...

Money upgrade 2004 ->2008 file problems
I was using money 2004 for so many years that I lost my CD ( but still have the paper box product 105-00462 origin ireland ). Now I changed computer, and as I dont have the cd I downloaded money 2008 amd tried to opened my file. It doesn't open. It says that it is not compatible with this version of money ? How can i solve this problem? I need to use money and to have back all the old data. Please help See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=1. "Abilis" <Abilis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DC7EA4C7-1A3B-4FAD-9542-46571B71BE18@microsoft.com... >I w...

Send Xml file to asp page
Hi, I need to send xml file to an asp page.. I have no idea how to do it... I only know that I need to do HTTPRequest Post... Could someone help? Maybe there are some examples on the Web? Thank you, Sash "Sasha" <no@no.com> wrote in message news:urlKmYBlDHA.2328@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I need to send xml file to an asp page.. I have no idea how to do it... I > only know that I need to do HTTPRequest Post... Could someone help? Maybe > there are some examples on the Web? > > Thank you, > Sash Use something like this in an asp script (where str...

Importing Excel into new Excel file
Hello all, I want to pull cells from 10 Excel files on pc into one new file. Can I do this with a simple cell reference to the path and filename where the data is coming from? Thanks! Mary Hi, yes you can for example in the cell you want the consolidation ='[your file name.xlsm]sheet1'!$G$11+'[your 2nd file name .xlsx]sheet1'!$T$5 to make it easier enter = in you cell and with all the other sheets open start going to that sheets and clicking in the cell you want to pull the information from "MaryfromHartford" wrote: > Hello all, > ...

MS Access file
I have a file at work that the boss uses and now has given to me. Only problem is the person who designed the access file to run from the bosses desk top. When I try and run the file from mine it comes up with an error shown below. I would like to know how I can change the code so that I can run the file as well. This file is in a general folder not locked. This is driving us both nuts can anyone help? Thanks Private Sub Form_Start() <----------------- This part is highlighted yellow. Set db = CurrentDb DoCmd.SetWarnings False DoCmd.Maximize ...

Macro
Hi, I am using a macro to create a report and the last step is to print a particular worksheet using a PDF maker. I have figured out how to specify the printer as being the PDF maker, but I also want to be able to automatically enter the file name and path, which I will build within the macro depending upon some user inputs. I've built the text strings as I need, I just need to be able to "feed" them to the PDF maker rather than have the dialog box come up and ask the user for that information. Any help? Bill Hi Bill, I stumbled in here today to find the answer to...

Merging multiple excel files into 1 excel spreadsheet
I have thousands of spreadsheets, all with thier data in the exact sam format; however, all with different file names, that I want to combin onto one spreadsheet. Rather than manually copying and pasting eac row of information onto a spreadsheet from every file , is there an macro/function/trick/omnipotant being... ;) that I can use t automatically place each line of information from the seperate file onto a single spreadsheet -- uberbla ----------------------------------------------------------------------- uberblah's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&u...

How can I get the software for excel spread sheet file, extension.
Microsoft, Ebay, local software store, etc. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "waldy15" <waldy15@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BCC5C214-F536-4F8E-8DC0-E9ACF9B9D782@microsoft.com... > If you want to view Excel files, but not change them, you can download the Excel Viewer: Description of the Excel 97/2000 Viewer http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=273711 waldy15 wrote: -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

CArchive / CFile wierd behavior--file in use errors
Allow me state the problem, and then I'll tell you what I have tried. Its behavior I've not encountered before and am not quite sure where to start: Using a serializable class (via CArchive / CFile), I am able to read and write files for my application. Elsewhere in the same program (a standard MFC App), I attempted to use another serialized object to load and store a properties file. When the program is first loaded, I can load and store the properties file without incident. If I load the main app data file and then attempt to load the property file, the system ALWAYS returns an e...

Editing the contents of a cell
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel In previous editions of Excel the cell editing was different. Say I were working on monthly expenses and a cell represented that month's accumulated costs for groceries. As the expenditures became known you would simply enter that cell and in the fx window that appeared just below the header section, the cell contents would display. You could add a (+) after the last value and then your next item of expense. OR you could use an F key to bring up the same editing window. On the 2008 program I have a floating ...

Word Automation
Bug Report (can't find out how to submit bug reports other than here) Summary of bug - Word 2007 automation object throws error 5174 with any filename that has the pound sign (#). I have run into this bug only when using the Automation object for Microsoft Word 2007. I have not tried this with other versions of Word. The file I am opening is a "doc" file, NOT a "docx" or "docm". The filename contains a pound sign (#). I am able to open this file using any other method (File->Open; double-clicking from Windows Explorer; etc). But when opening ...

Output .lib file name
How can I change output .lib file name? I'm building an DLL and using VC6. I couldn't find it in Project | Settings... Thanks. Hi, You can try to modify your .dll file name, then your .lib file name is also changed. Best Regards! PPDragon "Jan Plastenjak" <none@ms.com> д���ʼ� news:%23AgYZ6NNEHA.3452@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > > How can I change output .lib file name? I'm building an DLL and using > VC6. I couldn't find it in Project | Settings... > > Thanks. > > You can always hand-edit the command line to the linker. As...

PowerPoint 2003 and separate PDF Files
On a DVD how can I create a PPT Viewer presentation that also includes some separate PDF files containing additional information? I know I could convert the PDF files into separate PPT presentations but they are too long. Is there a way to let the viewer choose to open the PDF files or the PPT Viewer from their DVD drive without letting them copy or edit the videos in the PPT Viewer file? You can add links on the slides to the PDFs. If the user has Acrobat Reader installed, then the PDFs will open when the link is clicked. You used to be able to force Acrobat Reader to run from C...

How to make a custom control with a MFC Dll file?
Like Active X control, the propoties can be choosen by the other developers but not ActiveX control,just "MFC dll control ", Can anyone give any tutorial url? TA. I'm not sure I understand what you are asking. Here are some links for creating ActiveX controls: http://www.murrayc.com/learning/windows/createactivex.shtml http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/k194shk8(VS.80).aspx http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/5xt905y8(VS.80).aspx http://www.codeproject.com/buttonctrl/mfc2ocx.asp And here are a few for creating custom controls. They are a little more trouble f...

Unable to create the required MAPI profile. Please verify that you have sufficient permissions to write to the MAPISVC.INF file
Hi, I have two Exchange Servers in the Organisation and I cannot migrate mailboxes from the Exch2000 server to the new Exch2003 server. When i try i get the above message. I have checked the permissions on the file and they are; Administrators FULL CONTROL Auth Users READ SYSTEM FULL CONTROL Any help would be appreciated. Sean http://support.microsoft.com/?id=316792 Verify that you have all the required permissions in the "move mailbox" section. On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 07:41:06 +0800, "Sean Christmass" <seancATmanjimup.wa.gov.au> wrote: >Hi, > >I ha...

Outlook Express creates a File "~"
Outlook Express creates a File name "~" on the desktop, with a copy of=20 the address book and other misc junk in it. I delete the file and it is = re- created again with in a couple hours to a few days. Yes, it does. Also try posting to an Outlook Express newsgroup "Bob Russell" <bobr@rdrinc.com> wrote in message news:035b01c365c3$fcc03970$a401280a@phx.gbl... Outlook Express creates a File name "~" on the desktop, with a copy of the address book and other misc junk in it. I delete the file and it is re- created again with in a couple hours to a few days. ...

checking that a file exists
WHat is the best way to determine if a file exists in a particular directory? I don't want to open it, I just want to know if it is there. Do I have to call OpenFile and then close or is there a more direct way? Thanks, -Rob In message <02b501c38dbb$aacd2e00$a101280a@phx.gbl>, Rob C <robnocspam@ctnosotwarespam.com> writes >WHat is the best way to determine if a file exists in a >particular directory? I don't want to open it, I just >want to know if it is there. Do I have to call OpenFile >and then close or is there a more direct way? GetFileAttribute...

Safepay
A major bank in Canada (TD Canada Trust) has a requirement for an auto-incrementing file number in the header and there is no way to do this with the existing fields in safepay. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions...

where is the file list?
in my old wmp that came with xp (probably v9 or 10) on the right side of the screen was a list of files queued up...with names and running times. that computer died and i have a new windows 7 laptop...the new wmp is very confusing. when i use skin mode it looks familiar but i can't see the list! also, when i used to downlaod m3u files from archive.org grateful dead site, as each song downloaded, it would appear on the list. how can i access the now playing list while listening? or is that feature gone? (i don't always want to add things to my library...) Go back to Libr...