how to edit Adobe file

Most certainly not in Word.

pdf files, I'm assuming that is what you mean by 'Adobe files', are 'fixed'
files. Their layout is frozen so they look the same on any machine and can
not be edited.

If you still want to edit such a pdf file, you will have to convert the file
to something else, edit it, and then save the result back as a pdf. The best
tool to do the conversion of pdf files to Word documents is probably Acrobat
Professional. Unfortunately, that is a rather expensive product to use for a
few simple conversions. There are a few online places that will do the
conversion for free (e.g. http://www.convertpdftoword.net/) but you will
have to test them yourself to see if they are good enough for you.

Yves

"john d" <john d@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how to edit Adobe file

0
Yves

yet another resource editting thread
I need to edit resources at runtime (i.e. the string table, menus, and dialog control sizes). I would like to use the BeginUpdateResource, UpdateResource, and EndUpdateResource functions. One of the problems I have is this: If I load the menu from file with FindResource, LoadResource, LockResource, I have the binary menu data, and I can't really manipulate raw binary. If I load the menu with LoadMenu, i have a CMenu, that I can change but I don't know how to convert the final menu back to binary data that I would update with the UpdateResource command. So, how do you update? Another...

Importing Text File #3
Did ya ever have one of those lucky accidents that you like and would like to replicate? I created a simple excel workbook based on imported text data. Later, when I reopended the file, I noticed that the "refresh" button was activated and would auto import when I clicked. The best part is that the import specs were retained. I have no idea how I did this and have not been able to replicate the functionality. Can someone help? Thanks Bean, It sounds as if you used Data - Get external data. It remembers all the paramaters you specify, and you have only to do a refresh, ...

Repairinf file and Removing Bills
I have been experiencing some issues with my Money Plus Premium so I have been trybg to repair the file while deleteing the bills data. Every time I try i get the following error: There has been an error reading or writing the file... Has anyone else had this issue? In microsoft.public.money, NealT wrote: >I have been experiencing some issues with my Money Plus Premium so I have >been trybg to repair the file while deleteing the bills data. Every time I >try i get the following error: > >There has been an error reading or writing the file... I suggest you make a repaire...

Excel problem, File disappeared.
I created a file in Excel on a WinXP PC that I called pron.xls and saved it in the my documents folder, I then decided to move it and using Windows Commander F6 key (Rename and Move) I attempted to move it to a different folder and rename it to prn.xls at the same time. This process caused the file to disappear!! I now realise that this was because prn.xls is an invalid name. I tried to search for the original and new names but neither existed. There is no sign of it in the recycle bin either. Is there anyway of retreiving the lost data? Steve Barrowcliff As far as I'm aware no....

Opening File using default viewer
Hello, how would I go about opening a file using the default viewer, so for example, if the file is a txt file, then notepad would open it. Or if it is an XML file, then maybe firefox woulld open it. I was hoping to use a CButton and if the user clicks on it, then it would grab the path specified and open the file with the corresponding viewer. thanks. Jon wrote: > Hello, how would I go about opening a file using the default viewer, so > for example, if the file is a txt file, then notepad would open it. Or > if it is an XML file, then maybe firefox woulld open it. > > ...

assign cell content as file name
I am attempting to create a macro that will save a workbook with the file name under which I save the workbook coming from the contents of one of the cells in the workbook. Suppose that each time the workbook was altered, a specific cell (A1 on Sheet1 for instance) contained the desired file name for that workbook. It is my goal to create a macro that automatically assigns said workbook a name based on the content of that cell. Any help would be most appreciated. Something like??? dim myFileName as string myfilename = "C:\temp\" & thisworkbook.worksheets("sheet1"...

PST files
Hello, I have been backing up my laptop Outlook info to PST files each month and I have about 7 of these PST files and erasing some content like email right after each backup so as to keep my main Outlook datafile small for better performance. However, I just learned to understand how AutoArchive works and realize the inconvenience in having so many different files that overlap in data but do have distinct emails and contacts. So I would now like to combine all of them into one big file but I wonder if there is an automated and preferred way to do this and so that this combination/conversion...

Alert user to check the filed when it is final
Hi, I want to create an alert to check the Final( checkbox ) field, if date_issued is enter. if date_issued is null then do nothing, In what even I have to code this and how? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201001/1 mls via AccessMonster.com wrote: >Hi, I want to create an alert to check the Final( checkbox ) field, if >date_issued is enter. >if date_issued is null then do nothing, In what even I have to code this and >how? Based on just that one requirement, you can use the date text b...

Unable to create pst file in outlook 2003
Hi, I am currently running Outlook 2003 (Client). I am trying to create a new PST file. However when I try to add a new file (file\new\outlook data file\) I can only select: Outlook 97-2002 Personal Folder File. On the microsoft website it says I should see something like "Office Outlook Personal Folders File (.pst)" but it is not listed. I need the new format to create a UNICODE .pst file instead of the Outlook 97-2002 type. Is there any way to correct this?? I am running Outlook 2003 SP1. Thanks for any help, Wouter Wouter van Rij <wbvanrij@zonnet.nl> wrote: > I ...

Setting directory for file save in macro
Hi Thanks to a generous poster I now have a great bit of code to use in a macro for Excel which saves a text file (I'm no VBA programmer so this was really helpful), i.e.: Open "Test.txt" For Output As #1 (rest of code) My problem now is this: The macro saves test.txt to Excel's current active folder, rather than the folder that the current workbook is contained in. For example, if I last saved an Excel workbook to c:\workbooks\, and the workbook that I have open exists in c:\workbooks\workbook1\, when I run the macro it saves the text file in c:\workbooks\. If I ...

After windows update, .jpg coming through as .dat files?
Using Vista Office 2007 and did som recent updates. Now when i send emails with pictures from my computer, they are coming through as .dat files? I go to my webmail and that's how they are being received from my webmail provider. Called them and they're not aware of any fixes or if it's related to Microsoft updates. Any suggestions? You are using RTF message format. See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/alwaysrtf.asp -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstic...

Bar Charts created in Excel 2003
For certain charts that I create within Excel 2003 (usually bar charts), I use a font size of 8 (eg for data labels, axis labels, and scale). If I close the file and then re-open it, all these fonts will have become size one (title and legend are not effected). Oddly, if I have created a bar chart and made several copies of it within a worksheet, it will only be the original and not the copies that are affected by this. If anyone can shed any light on why this may be happening and how it could be fixed, I would really appreciate it. I've also posted this in the excel group so apologies to ...

How do I merge two publisher files?
I am using publisher 2003. I am creating an 80 page catalog. I like to save page 1-10 as file one, pages 11-20 as file two and so on. When I am finished with my catalog I need to send one file to the printer. How can I merge all of my pages together in one file? Copy and paste. Or if you have Acrobat (not just the free Reader) you can create a single .pdf file with the parts. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "screnda" <screnda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF96E50B-CBC8-4A5A-A854-D7EE130CE9AD@microsoft.com... >I am using publisher 200...

Unable to load graphics file
I had a hard drive "repair" and re-loaded Publisher 2000. Now the program won't let me insert .jpgs (or any other graphics file) -- I get an error message saying it can't convert them. I've tried to re-install from the CD, including the graphics section, but to no avail. Any ideas? Maybe your graphic filters are corrupt Look in a folder similar to this C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Grphflt If you cannot insert any image rename the .flt files to something like jpegim32.old and drag a new instance from your CD. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.micr...

getting the error when updating file xls file.
Hi. We are using exchange 2003 server and office XP but know we start to Upgrade our office to office 2003 Know we are face problem. When our user try to make changes to file in public folder there can not make the changes it say “file is read only” but that user can make the changes or edit that same file from the P.C were office XP is installed. Do I have to install some patch if yes can you please send that patch because in trying from last two day and I can not find it. Note: If possible can you reply on parag.lopes@madinatjumeirah.com Just a guess... Are you s...

How do I convert a list to an Excel file?
I have a WORD file with 48 lines of comma delimited data in the form: xxx,xxxxxxx,xxxxxx,x,x,xxx,xxxxxxxxx xx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xx,x I would like to convert the WORD list to EXCEL. When I attempt to open the WORD file in EXCEL, I thought a conversion window would appear....what I actually get is "incorrect format" Hi! Save the WORD file as a plain text file. Then, when you open the file in Excel a Wizard will open and step you through it. Just select COMMA as the delimiter. Biff >-----Original Message----- >I have a WORD file with 48 lines of comma delimited data in ...

access 2000 to 2003 files
I have many databases created in Acces 2000 on a comp. w/98SE, which always worked fine. I copied these files to new comp. running XP home, and using MS office Prof. When I attempt to open these databases from Windows explorer, I get anerror saying the <path><filename> is unrecognized. Anyone know why? "Rick K" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13b8301c3c28c$d939ce00$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have many databases created in Acces 2000 on a comp. > w/98SE, which always worked fine. I copied these files to > new comp. running XP h...

XML extension cause file download loop
All, Suddenly. When I click on an XML file expecting it to open in IE, it begins the file download screen, then attempts to open IE. These 2 screens flash in an endless loop. What's up with that??? Any ideas are welcome! Thanks -- Mike Gasperino Sr. Software Developer office: 919-807-2310 Helpdesk: (919)807-2300 doa.helpdesk@ncmail.net **************************************************************************** E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law "NCGS.Ch.132" and may be disclosed to third parties *****...

Importing data from other files
I�m new to Excel so I don�t know if this is really easy to do. I need to collect data from maybe 1000 different statistic excel files. They are all similar in structure and looks, but ofcourse they contain different numbers. Now I need to collect the data from a certain row and column from the group of files and make some calculation to present statistic data in a new Excel document. This brings to questions up to light: 1. How do I do to get the data into the new sheet if it's for example position G25 in every single source file? 2. Is it possible to "flag" a different posit...

How to export exchange global address book to WAB file?
I would like to export exchange address book to outlook express address book. How to export exchange global address book to WAB file? Mesak wrote: > I would like to export exchange address book to outlook express > address book. How to export exchange global address book to WAB file? I don't know about wab files, but see if http://www.slipstick.com/exs/portagal.htm helps at all. ...

Payables Transaction Edit List
Our customer had the following error print on the Payables Transaction Edit List: **ERROR: One of more landed costs need to be apportioned.Document Total. This prevented the user from posting the batch. The batch went into Batch Recovery. However, the error message did not appear when logged in as 'sa' and 'sa' was able to post the batch. This customer does not even own the landed cost module. Plus, this was an A/P invoice, not a POP invoice. Why was this message appearing? ...

corrupted PST file
Hi, I have Outlook 98, running on XP, on a PII 400Mghz Dell desktop. My PST file is about 1.95GB. It has been running extremely slow, and has had to be restarted a bunch of times in the past 2 weeks. Yesterday, it gave an error that the PST file was corrupted, and that PST file need to have the Inbox Repair Tool run on the file, and then the system restarted. I ran the Inbox Repair Tool on the PST, and it did not work. I am totally unable to use the file, which has all my critical contacts and emails. If someone could help out, I would be MOST grateful.... I pulling my friggin ...

Separate transactions being merged when importing QIF file
I downloaded a QIF file from my bank dating back to 01/01/2004. When I imported this file into Money 2005 the balance was way off compared to the bank's website. In comparing each tranaction I noticed some were missing in Money. Each group of missing transactions were all on the same day and for the same amount. Also, for each group one transaction would be in Money and the others missing (ex. There are 5 transactions according to the bank but only 1 shows in Money). I opened the QIF file in Notepad and can see the multiple transactions that were missing in Money. Based on this info...

Shared offline files
Does anyone have experience using shared workbooks in conjunction with the Win2000 Offline Files feature? We used to use the Win95/Office95 briefcase function successfully, but with the advent of Office 97 shared Excel files wouldn't merge. Spent time with MS tech support documenting the problem but was never fixed. Was hoping functionality had returned in Office/Windows 2000. Thanks in advance, Jeff ...

recently opened files in the Open section of the Task Pane
Hi, In Excel2003, how can I remove the list of recently opened files in the Open section of the Task Pane? -- Thanks, Jeffrey On Feb 28, 12:42 am, "Jeff Hopkins" <atomic58"NOSPAM"@sc.rr.com> wrote: > Hi, > > In Excel2003, how can I remove the list of recently opened files in the Open > section of the Task Pane? > This is a same list as Recently used files list under File menu. Go to Tools -> Options, and under General tab remove checkmark at Recently used file list. You must restat excel after this to change take effect. -- Regard...