How to copy a special toolbar to MS Word on another computer

I created a special toolbar on my desktop with specific macros and characters
which I use often. I recently bought a new netbook and would like to install
this toolbar (using MS Word 2003 on both computers).

I thought I could just copy across Normal.dot but while Normal.dot on my
desktop shows it includes this toolbar it has disappeared in the copy on the
netbook.

I am scratching my head !!

Make a copy of normal.dot on your desktop computer, giving the file a
different name (such as mycustomtemplate.dot), and transfer it to your
netbook. Then you should be able to copy the toolbar to normal.dot on your
netbook.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"JohnMac" <JohnMac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I created a special toolbar on my desktop with specific macros and
>characters
> which I use often. I recently bought a new netbook and would like to
> install
> this toolbar (using MS Word 2003 on both computers).
>
> I thought I could just copy across Normal.dot but while Normal.dot on my
> desktop shows it includes this toolbar it has disappeared in the copy on
> the
> netbook.
>
> I am scratching my head !!

0
Stefan

Failed to customize the dialog box of toolbar
I cannot fill the left-hand list box of toolbar's dialog box,and if I delete one button in toolbar,I lost it. Below is my code: [code] #include <windows.h> #include <commctrl.h> #include "resource.h" #define ID_TOOLBAR 20001 static char *szAppName = "Study Toolbar" ; LRESULT CALLBACK WndProc( HWND, UINT, WPARAM, LPARAM ) ; TBBUTTON tbButtons[] = { {STD_FILENEW, IDM_FILE_NEW, TBSTATE_ENABLED, TBSTYLE_BUTTON | BTNS_SHOWTEXT, 0, 0}, // 1 {STD_FILEOPEN, IDM_FILE_OPEN, TBSTATE_ENABLED, TBSTYLE_BUTTON, 0, 0}, // 2 {STD_FILESAVE, IDM_FILE_SAVE, TBSTATE...

transfer inbox in table format to word
In my older version I could cut and paste the table format in Outlook to a word file. Now I don't seem to be able to do it although I can print the file in that format within Outlook. When I export the inbox to word I get the whole text not just the headings. Is it possible to transfer the table format to a word file? ...

How do I add a hyperlink to an individual word in an Excel cell?
I am using Excel 2000 (not by choice) and I need to add a hyperlink to an individual word within the cell, not the whole cell itself. For example in the sentence "Click here or here to go to the appropriate web page." I want the words "here" to each have a separate hyperlink. Any ideas? I can manage some VBA too if necessary. Thanks, Rosalie Hi Rosalie, You can't do that in Excel. You would have to use HTML or Word or some other means. You could fake it, the entire cell would be a link, but you could after assigning the hyperlink select another...

Toolbar strange behaviour
Hi, i have developped a soft with VC++ 6.0 MFC using MDI configuration. I use AddDocTemplate to add several child frames in the main frame, all of them using the same CMDIChildWnd class. With one of these frames (and only one), some buttons of of the toolbar don't work correctly. I can press them but nothing happens whereas it works with other buttons of that toolbar. When another frame (child) has the focus, no problem occures. The mesage mapping of all the toolbar buttons is written in the MainFrame class. has anybody an idea to get me out of this mess ? Thank you for all advices. Ar...

Update another CPropertySheet page
I have a program which contains 3 CPropertySheet pages. When I add the change the value in Page 1, then it should automatically update a corresponding field in the Page 2. How can I access from one page to another? Thanks. Yan yan wrote: > I have a program which contains 3 CPropertySheet pages. When I add the > change the value in Page 1, then it should automatically update a > corresponding field in the Page 2. How can I access from one page to > another? > > Thanks. > > Yan > > You cannot do that. When you change a value in Page 1 there are cases ...

audio notes in Word Notebook
I have recorded an audio file using Word Notebook. I would like to send the audio file to co-workers but they cannot seem to open it. Any ideas Are your co-workers using Word 2004? Only Word 2004 can open documents in Notebook Layout view and use the special features like audio, I think. However, you could use Tools | Audio Notes | Export audio to get just the audio file out, I think it comes out as an .mp4 Then send that around, it should be a standard format that most any audio program can play, far as I know. On 9/14/06 11:09 AM, "healy@parentchoice.org" wrote: > I h...

When I open a workbook, another one called Book1 is also opened. W
This Book1 becomes the current book. If I go to Window on the toolbar I can switch to my correct workbook. Why is this Book1 being opened? I can cure it by closing Book1, then saving my correct workbook, then closing that one. The next time I open my workbook, Book1 has disappeared. Do you mean two different sheets within the same workbook? "Ian@MarlandLtd" wrote: > This Book1 becomes the current book. If I go to Window on the toolbar I can > switch to my correct workbook. Why is this Book1 being opened? I can cure it > by closing Book1, then saving my correct workbo...

Putting Excel Charts into a Word document that's getting too big
I am creating a Word document (our Annual Report) in which I will have many charts and graphs that were created in Excel. Currently, there will be at least 26 graphs/charts in the document. In the past, there have apparently been problems with not having enough space to save the Word document because it gets too big. The document itself is only about 36 pages, but, as I mentioned, within the 36 pages are at least 26 graphs and charts. I'm looking for a way to copy the graphs/charts into Excel without it taking so much memory. One solution we thought of was to only paste the gra...

Merge data from Acces to word
I have an Access db with records on a form which I want to export to a Word Template with predifened fields. How can I do that? reidarT Take a look at Albert D. Kallal's Super Easy Word Merge at http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/msaccess/msaccess.html -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault "ReidarT" wrote: > I have an Access db with records on a form which I want to > export to a Word Template with predifened fields. > How can I do that? > reidarT ...

MS RMS vs RetailPro ?
Hi, does anyone know what are the major distinctions between RetailPro and RMS? Someone told me recently that RetailPro is much better and easier to customize. I have never seen it but I do find RMS to be a little difficult to customize and navigate around. We are looking to expand into few more retail operations and would like to make a decision on whether to continue with RMS or switch to something that we can fine-tune more to our operations. Thanks. Zorian, Can't tell you about the product, although the QuickBooks POS is a cut down version of it. I would _seriously_ check ...

Fast Campaign through eMail-Mass and Word / Wich Security-Role rights?
Hello, i hope i could explain it correct what my problem is. One of our Sales/Marketing guys needs the Security-Role-Right to make Fast-Campaigns through the Assistent and Word. (We use the German version of CRM so i have no clue how these Menu's named in English, so i do straight translate them as i think it fits! ) He right now goes through the Outlook CRM Client into the Marketing Menu, then opens the Marketingslistings and selects a campaign and has on the Top Menu Bar the Fast-Campaign-Button wich opens up the Assistent. He then fills some forms, and comes to the point where he co...

Computer won't boot
I have an older computer with a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L motherboard that I home-built a few years back. I recently built a new computer and have been keeping the old one alive until I get the new one all checked out and settled in. Yesterday the old computer wouldn't boot. It makes a BEEP about one second long during the boot process but won't go any farther. The drive lights flash and the monitor goes through its first sign of lighting up, after I turn the computer on, but this is as far as it goes. The monitor goes black and the activity lights on the front of the computer fl...

MS Money does not go online
Hello, For some reason, when I start Money 2005, it does not go online. I do have the Work offline box cleared. It has worked fine for a long time - just stopped for no apparent reason about a week ago. I have not changed firewall configuration. ...

Does this have to be run on each computer having issues seeing FB
Some of these machines are Macs running Entourage. ...

Word v.X compatibility
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC What compatibility issues (if any) will we start to find as more and more people begin using Office/Word 2008 with .docx files? Is there any patch or update that will allow our Word v.X to read that format? Been out of town for a while? :-) The OXML Converters have been available for nearly 2 years. The most current revision is a free download from the Mactopia web site at the bottom of this page: <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.mspx?pid=Mactopia_AddTools&fid=DFD93 FB0-1CF7-4835-892D-A74FAE8...

Can't use my MS Office
I have recently purchased the above software package. I have not registered my product, as I have been travelling and it has=20 been less than 3 weeks since purchasing and installing. I am not sure=20 if all of the office programs have been working, as the only ones I have = been using these past 3 weeks are Entourage and MSN Messenger. =20 This morning, I tried to use Word and it froze just after opening the=20 new document and I was only able to enter one letter. Then I tried=20 excel and it froze at the first cell inside the new book. Then I tried = to=20 re-open my previously working E...

Extracting the month that a date refers to in another cell
In cell A1 I have the date 3/15/2003 (no formatting). In cell B1 I have the formula =year(A1). The year shows correctly as 2003. In cell C1 I have the formula =text(weekday(A1),"ddd"). The text shows as "Sat" which is correct. In cell D1 I have the formula =month(A1) which correctly shows '3'. I attempted to use =text(month(A1),"mmm") in cell D1, but it shows as "Jan". Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? TIA, Alan =TEXT(A1,"mmm") for 3-letter month name and =TEXT(A1,"ddd") for 3-letter day name. where A1 houses a...

How to link a word or a sentance to a page or a subpage OneNote 2007
OneNote 2007 I would like to link a word "Development Tools" to a subpage I already created and have alot of information. And also how can in the future create link from a word or a sentance to a page and also to a subpage. thank you for your help. msw wrote: > OneNote 2007 I would like to link a word "Development Tools" to a > subpage I already created and have alot of information. 1.) Create a hyperlink to the page/paragraph you want to be reached (target), use the right-mouse context-menu; 2.) on the page(a) where from you want to reach the ...

Opening Word, the new doc says, "Document 1 -non-commerical use"
Every time I open a MS program (in Vista) the document pops up with the following at the top of the document, "Document 1 - non-commerical use only". Then what ever program I am in (Excel, Power Point, Word, etc) does not run, it crawls. Has anyone had a similar experience and found a fix? I have a sense it might have something to do with the language the program is in but have found not answers there either. Thanks for your assistance. On Sun, 7 Feb 2010 17:37:01 -0800, thedish <thedish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Every time I open a MS program (i...

Show formula result in another sheet
sheet1 A:A contains a formula with some cells returning a value sheet2 A:A references sheet1 A:A with a simple formula: =sheet1!A1 above formula filled down in sheet2 A:A the problem is it is not showing the results from sheet1 anyone know why that should be? Sorry false alarm, I had calculation set to manual. Results are coming back as they should. Red faces all round. "Gotroots" wrote: > sheet1 A:A contains a formula with some cells returning a value > > sheet2 A:A references sheet1 A:A with a simple formula: > > =sheet1!A1 > ...

Copy & paste in multiple areas using VBA
I'm trying to select a series of ranges to 1. paste a named formula I've created and then 2. remove the formula & leave the value What I have so far is shown below, but I'm sure there must be a better way. The problem seems to be that I can't use the copy function in a multiple range. I guess I can't paste xlValues to multiple ranges either, so I'm being forced to handle each range, one at a time, which seems rather cumbersome. Sub Macro1() Range("G8:R45,G50:R59,G63:R110,G114:R121,G114:R122,G126:R134").Select Selection = "=ITNBu...

Queue Data to another thread
Hi, I have two threads thread1 and thread2. Thread1 will give queue some data so that Thread2 will process the queued data. What mechanisms are available in c# for doing this? Thanks! Maanu wrote: > Hi, > > I have two threads thread1 and thread2. Thread1 will give queue some data so > that Thread2 will process the queued data. > > What mechanisms are available in c# for doing this? There is nothing built-in per se. But, a basic implementation will make use of the System.Collections.Generic.Queue<T> class, the Monitor class, and the "lo...

How do I inventory my computer store
I need the best form to use with Office 2007 to inventory my store. I have some tools, lots of parts... Access. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "beartek" <beartek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4C38408-7583-4CE6-9E87-BFAF19428890@microsoft.com... >I need the best form to use with Office 2007 to inventory my store. > I have some tools, lots of parts... I agree with JoAnn on this one. Excel is very poor at keeping track of perishable inventory (parts you buy/sell)...

Transferring Download to New Computer
I downloaded Money 2005 Deluxe on an older computer just over a month ago. I purchased a new machine and cannot figure out how to 1) transfer my program to my new computer, or 2) redownload Money 2005 to my new machine. Any help? Thanks. "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DB01CFB8-5ED6-49CC-B1A7-1E7061166777@microsoft.com... >I downloaded Money 2005 Deluxe on an older computer just over a month ago. >I > purchased a new machine and cannot figure out how to 1) transfer my > program > to my new computer, or 2) redownload Mone...

same day buy/sell transactions for ms money 2007
Hello, can anyone discuss how to handle this. If I buy and sell a stock the same day, MS Money does not seem to add these transactions according to the TIME these transactions occured. this causes the buys to all be grouped together and the sells to be grouped together. additionally since the SELL transactions are first in the register before the BUY transations for the SAME day, this causes the share count to go negative. So money then rectifies this by adding ADD SHARE and REMOVE SHARE transations, screwing up the profit and loss since these transactions have to price. How do I get...