How to change appearance of the links, pointing to subdocuments in the master document

Hi,

I want to change the appearance of the links, which are pointing to subdocuments in the master document (Word 2003).
Specifically I want those links to look more descriptive with regards
to their contents - specifically making those links to appear like
those are entries in the Table Of Contents (like it would be looking
if those subdocuments were just paragraphs in the single monolitic
document). Please note that I DO NOT want to rename the filenames of
those subdocuments - I just want to change the appearance of the links
to those documents, in the way I already described above.

If I highlight (by right click) the link - then in the popping up
window the option "edit link" is grayed-out ....
(same in the outline view - there I also see the small "lock"
symbol) ....

Is there a way to accomplish what I have in mind

Thanks
0
Alex

Out of Office Assistant not appearing
I am trying to set up Out of Office Assistant on a users PC in Outlook and it is not in the Tools menu. The client connects to an exchange server and POP is not being used. I have looked at Help, which is asking me to check a box saying 'Exchange Extensions commands' on the Add-in Manager. I did this but it appears to have done nothing - i.e. the Out of Office Assistant still will not appear in the Tools menu. Also, I have compared my pc to the users pc and I have alot more options within the Add-in Manager. Help please? Kendall. Did you enable the Exchange Extensions (.ecf)? I...

Copy Formula with Reference Change
I have a workbook that will have 100+ sheets in it. I want to use a beginning number in a cell on the first sheet and then on the following sheets in the same cell have a formula that adds 1 to the number in the same cell on the previous sheet. For example, the first sheet has 497 in cell B2. In each successive sheet, I would have a formula in cell B2 that would be '=sheet1!B2+1' to give me 498, then 499, then 500, etc. I want to copy the formula to each successive sheet and have it automatically adjust the sheet it is referencing to be the previous sheet. However, when ...

changing c sharp background
hi; i want to set a picture to the console application if u know how plz answer me i know how to chang the background color but i dont know how to set a picture to it thanks for all answer ... :) A console application ? Doesn't seems to make sense as this is a character mode device... Else please be more specific (you want to use a picture as a background for a System.Windows.Forms.Form object ?) -- Patrice "sahel" <nam.nam.barooon@gmail.com> a �crit dans le message de groupe de discussion : 8e8e7758-2a82-436d-8e76-6ea5acabb025@15g2000yqi.googlegro...

Converting/inserting values, without changing the other contents.
Hi all this is what i require: the overdue is INR 250k (SGD 7,543), out of which for INR 125k (SGD 3,771) payment is processed, for INR 30k (SGD 905) bills resubmitted for queries, for INR 25k (SGD 754) supporting were resubmitted, for INR 45k (SGD 1,358) payment will be made in 1week of next month. the above comments will be in m5 without the sgd value, i need help to converrt those values and show as above in n5, after multiplying the converting factor at b2 thank you ...

Track Changes History Worksheet
In a shared password protected workbook, I would like to keep the History worksheet displayed all the time. Currently, every time I open up the workbook, I have to go to Track Changes and click on List Changes in a New Sheet. Thank you for your help! ...

Linking Formats Across Cells
anyone know if I can link formats across cells? For example, if I fill a cell with a color, can I link it to another cell that will do the same ? thanks. Try the FormatPainter, the little PaintBrush icon up in the tool bar...........click on your colored cell, then click on the icon, then click and drag on the cells you want to be the same........... Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "RB" <RB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE8ABE47-2671-447C-8CC6-2D784EEECE00@microsoft.com... > anyone know if I can link formats across cells? For example, if I fill a cell ...

Links is in gray color (deactivate). How can I activate?
In Edit Menu, I want to change the Links source but can do it as it is grayed. Help please. Thans Click the edit meun and hold the "shift" key together. yclhk "Rechie" wrote: > In Edit Menu, I want to change the Links source but can do it as it is grayed. > Help please. > Thans > Hi, Links Menu is still with gray color which means is not activated. "yclhk" wrote: > Click the edit meun and hold the "shift" key together. > > yclhk > > "Rechie" wrote: > > > In Edit Menu,...

Data value display attributes linked to table attributes
Is there a way to cause data value points to take on attributes such as bold, italic or color set at the table from which they are derived? For example, suppose I was charting hits at several web sites as function of time, and the some characteristic of the site was being altered back and forth (say font "A" and font "B") as part of an experiment. I can easily produce a line graph x=hits y=time for the various sites, but these is no way to visualize which condition (A or B) was in effect at each data value point. I'd like to be able to display the portion of each li...

Changing the "reply to" on emails
I have several support reps who monitor a queue for customer support requests and then reply to the customer using a CRM email activity. We want any customer reply to our email to be sent to the email address asssociated with the queue. Currently, the emails we send via the CRM use the support rep's email address for the "sent from" and "reply to" addresses. The problem is that when the customer replies to that email, the reply is sent to the support rep's outlook vs back into the support queue. The support rep could be on vacation, etc. I tried settin...

Changing Outlook from Exchange Services to IMO version
How can you reinstall Office 2000 and change the Outlook "type" from using Exchange/Internet Mail to Internet Mail Only (IMO)? I uninstalled my version of Office2000 and reinstalled it from my CD. However it doesn't give me the option to install the IMO version of Outlook. It installed the Exchange/Internet Mail automatically. Without an exchange server the checking of email is dog-slow. Thanks, Alex Moylen Hi, Alex. Alex Moylen ha scritto: > How can you reinstall Office 2000 and change the Outlook > "type" from using Exchange/Internet Mail to Internet Mail ...

Combo boxes and linked ranges
I have created a spread sheet for printing and storing dog show information I have created a combo box to call up the various show venues from a named range. Is it possible to somehow link the 'secretary', 'address etc' columns to appear in the appropriate postions as indicted on the screen shot Ted Cullen [image: http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/reviver/excel.jpg] --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi Yes, it's is. Use VLOOKUP function for it. With additional information in adjacent columns to show venues list (from where you defined the named range...

Scatter plot
I have an XY scatter graph with some points in it. My data in the spreadsheet looks like this: [Title] [X-value] [Y-value] [size] Data 1 | 10 | 10 | 1 Data 2 | 33 | 44 | 5 What I want to do is to change the size of the data point according to the value I specify. Right now, I have to individually modify each point and add a number corresponding to the size. Is there anyway to take the size-value from the spreadsheet and change the size of the point in the graph? In the long run, I am also looking to modify the color. If the solution requires some VBA coding, I am up for that. Any sugges...

How can comments be inserted into a document ?
Can comments be inserted into a documents done in Publisher? If so, how? No..not automatically. You should be using Word. There is always the callouts in Autoshapes. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Susan" <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9195C75-EB38-45A2-ABA4-879C86988A9C@microsoft.com... > Can comments be inserted into a documents done in Publisher? If so, how? ...

Can't connect to links
We have 3 computers all running XP Pro connected through a Linksys router. Problem is when I click on a link in an email on my desktop (Outlook 2003) I am directed to www.comcast.net instead of the site. I have tried several different links. I am able to connect to the sites through my Comcast web based mail, my wife's computer (Outlook 2003) and my laptop (Outlook 2007). I did a detect and repair with the Office 2003 CD and the problem continues. Any ideas please? Thanks, ...

Rename name so formulas show name change
Excel 2003 Cell A1 is named MyCell. Cell A2 has formula "=MyCell". I rename cell A1 in the toolbar to NewCell. Cell A2 still has the formula "=MyCell". How do I rename cell A1 to NewCell and have it automatically change cell A2 to the formula "=NewCell"? Thank you for your help. Download Jan Karel Pieterse'e Name Manager here: http://www.jkp-ads.com/OfficeMarketPlaceNM-EN.asp -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "John" <no.email@no.email.com> wrote in message news:ORne6k3$GHA.4592@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... | Excel 2003 |...

Icon won't stay changed!
I use properties to change the icon on one of my desktop icons. It appears to accept the change, but when I go back to my desktop, the original icon appears - it ignores my attempted change. This is on my up-to-date XP on my new Acer netbook. TIA, Paul I use properties to change the icon on one of my desktop icons. It appears to accept the change, but when I go back to my desktop, the original icon appears - it ignores my attempted change. This is on my up-to-date XP on my new Acer netbook. TIA, Paul (I've posted this on multiple groups, because my original post on...

ADO Error Attempting to Link Table
Hi, I am attempting to link a table from an user-level security database to an unsecured databaes. The error I get is: Run Time Error -2147467259, Could not find installable ISAM. I have done much searching but I haven't come up with any solutions. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks! Option Compare Database Dim adoCn As ADODB.Connection Dim adoCat As New ADOX.Catalog Dim adoTbl As New ADOX.Table Private Sub createlink_Click() 'Create Link.. Set adoCat = New ADOX.Catalog Set adoCat.ActiveConnection = adoCn Set adoTbl.ParentCatalog = adoCat adoTbl.Name = "LinkTable" adoTbl...

Change Label based on Two Combo Boxes
Hi, I currently have this code in AfterUpdate event for Combo2, hoping it would change label1, but it does not work. : If Me.Combo1.Value = "State" And Me.Combo2.Value = "2008" Or "2007" Or "2006" Then Me.Label1.Caption = "Select a State:" ElseIf Me.Combo1.Value = "City" And Me.Combo2.Value = "2009" Or "2010" Or "2011" Then Me.Label1.Caption = "Select a City:" Else Me.Label1.Caption = "Select a Number:" End If The label does not change when I make changes to the combo...

FYI on Chk'ing "Change Hotmail Password Every X Days"
I made the mistake of changing my Live Password and then checking the box for changing it again every X days. I have Hotmail going to Outlook. Time flies & All of a sudden I'd get a Hotmail Password Request Box REPEATEDLY popping-up whenever the Outlook Send/Receive was going. After hours of scratching my head the "Your (Hotmail) Password Has Expired" box Finally surfaced, and after creating a new one all the pop-ups stopped. Use this Change-Password feature with the above possibility in mind. FYI Thanks for sharing - we're seeing a lot a issues with outl...

Documentation about CRM 1.2 db structure
Does exist any documentation about CRM 1.2 modules and related underlying SQL tables? Does exist any documentation about mapping between CRM 1.2 SQL tables and CRM 3.0 SQL tables? Many thanks If you install data migration tool, there are some excel spreadsheet contains the fields for the given entity. I don't know if that's what you are looking for. In terms of the SQL table, CRM 1.2 and CRM 3.0 is similar. All the custom attribute will be in the extension table. E.g. AccountBase, AccountExtension. Hope this helps. Darren Liu Crowe Chizek and Company http://www.crowecrm.com On ...

Bullet point formatting
I would like make it single spacings through out my page. When bullet point list is selected, an extra row is created after the text. To explain, I typed 5 words which start at the left side. Then I pressed return. At that point, it is single spacing. Then I select 'Bullets' and automatically an extra row is inserted. I've checked Paragraph Properties and all are set to '0' and single spacing. Please can you advise. Thank you in advance. ...

text in Bullets/points in cell
How can one write the text in bullets or points in the cell in excel 2007. Hold the ALT key, then on the NUMERIC KEYPAD, type 0149, then let go of the ALT key -- you'll have your bullet •<== works here, too! "kamal" wrote: > How can one write the text in bullets or points in the cell in excel 2007. ...

Corrupt Money file appears to create system instability
Looking for some help and assistance correcting an apparently corrupt Money file that results in my laptop rebooting when I have Money open (but not immediately on open). Worked with MS support to try file repair (level 2 fails), then selectively deleted the accounts that appeared to cause problem (Amex and Schwab). Repair files executes successfully when accounts are deleted. Trouble is, I need them, and have been using Money as my personal finance software since 2001. 1) Is this a known problem? 2) Is is related to Money 2006, that I upgraded to 2 weeks ago? 3) How can I fix it? ...

Web Links in HTHL Mails
Hi all, Trying to sort a problem on one of our users PCs. Outlook 2000 running on XP. I can send him web links and they open fine. But when the link is contained in an HTML type mail it just ignores the click. Web browsing otherwise works fine and I can manually open the page that the link is pointing to on his machine. I'm sure it must be a security setting somewhere. Could someone please point me in the right direction? Many thanks Graeme ...

how to change the color of dialog box and its controls
hi, Using appwizard I have created a dilog base application in that i want to change the color of dialog and control buttons and edit controls etc. how to change the color of dialog box and its controls. pls help me urgently. shiva > how to change the color of dialog box and its controls. overwrite OnCtlColor for your dialog and set the text and background color according to the control that is about to be drawn. my program is like this HBRUSH CNeuralDlg::OnCtlColor(CDC* pDC, CWnd* pWnd, UINT nCtlColor) { HBRUSH hbr = CDialog::OnCtlColor(pDC, pWnd, nCtlColor); if(nCtlColo...