How to arrange mailing labels alphabetically by last name?

Word 2007, arrange mailing labels alphabetically by last name?

Use the instructions in
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/ConvertAdrsToDatafile.htm to convert
the labels to a data source, sort it, and then re-merge the labels.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"mazziossharon" <mazziossharon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Word 2007, arrange mailing labels alphabetically by last name?

0
Suzanne
1/29/2010 11:48:23 PM
Before you run the merge go back to "edit the recipient list," click on
"edit," next screen, click "Filter and Sort", then "Sort Records," then "Sort
by," choose "last name," click okay and the merge will run alpha by last name.

Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

> Use the instructions in
> http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/ConvertAdrsToDatafile.htm to convert
> the labels to a data source, sort it, and then re-merge the labels.
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> http://word.mvps.org
>
> "mazziossharon" <mazziossharon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Word 2007, arrange mailing labels alphabetically by last name?
> >

> .

That assumes the OP already has a "recipient list" (i.e., a data source).

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"marysully" <marysully@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Before you run the merge go back to "edit the recipient list," click on
> "edit," next screen, click "Filter and Sort", then "Sort Records," then
> "Sort
> by," choose "last name," click okay and the merge will run alpha by last
> name.
>
> Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
>
>> Use the instructions in
>> http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/ConvertAdrsToDatafile.htm to
>> convert
>> the labels to a data source, sort it, and then re-merge the labels.
>>
>> --
>> Suzanne S. Barnhill
>> Microsoft MVP (Word)
>> Words into Type
>> Fairhope, Alabama USA
>> http://word.mvps.org
>>
>> "mazziossharon" <mazziossharon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> > Word 2007, arrange mailing labels alphabetically by last name?
>> >

>> .

0
Suzanne

How to Automate Word mail merge from AC2007?
I'm trying to do a Word mail merge from Access 2007 -- populating a Word 2007 template with data from recordsets built off queries. The problem I'm having is the current code creates each letter as a separate Word doc. I need one big Word doc with page breaks between each letter. The code uses nested loops - the first recordset rst has the list of people, the second rstBkm has bookmark data. Question: How to get this code to create one Word doc with page breaks between letters rather than each letter in a separate Word Doc? Thanks in advance. [abbreviated code below] ...

link custom field to resource names
hello, i have created a custom field "Primary contact" is there a way to link it to the list of Resource names? maybe turn it into a drop down list? thanks "greg" <greg@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23hSQ6HJsEHA.3396@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > hello, > i have created a custom field "Primary contact" > is there a way to link it to the list of Resource names? > maybe turn it into a drop down list? > > thanks > > ...

Display Field Name as Text Listing if Value True from Checkbox Fields
Hi everyone! I have 40 or so columns in a table using the yes/no data type. Each record in the table represents an audit of a paper form. Those items filled incorrectly or incompletely on the paper form receive a check on an access form during the audit process. I would like to create a feedback form based on the audit record that displays a listing of fields that received the check boxes, or rather, were incomplete or incorrect on paper form that was audited. On the feedback form, I only want to display something like this: "Your form had the following errors: ErrorFieldOneName Erro...

how can I move the e-mail accounts from outlook 2002 to an other computer
how can I move the e-mail accunts from outlook 2002 to an other computer same program?? ...

mail merge in word 2000
Been trying to link a simple 4 column excel db to do a mail merge in Word. Tried following the help instructions, and finally reached the point where I could "insert a merge field" after realizing they left out a number of steps in the instructions. However, when I do enter the mergefield, the only thing I get is "Error! No bookmark name given." There is no mention of "bookmark" in the instructions, no explanation of what a "bookmark" is in this context, and now way I can figure out what the blasted software is talking about. Anybody go...

Arranged by date
Is it possible to set up extra ranges for the arrange by groups in Outlook 2003. For example I would like to extend "arrange by date" to group emails by 2 months ago, 3 months ago, ... last year, 2 years ago...... Currently everything that is older than 1 month gets grouped as "Older" Any ideas. Regards Alex Weatherall ...

map data (x-y axis) with diffent series name
I have a set of x-y coordinate data set and i would like to plot them showing the respective series name. Is there an automatic way of doing this without haing to plot the data points separately. eg Name x y A 1 6 B 2 3 C 3 4 D 4 2 E 5 5 .. . . .. . . .. . . I will like to have a plot of x and y with A, B, C as series name without having to plot the points one after the other. Hi, Here are a couple of free addins that allow you to link data labels to cells. Rob Bovey's Char...

Counting of Names ?
I have some names in some cells like " Abraham" " Sathish " etc . I want the number of occurances of each name Counted ,within a range of cells and made known at a perticulat cell Like Name No of Times Abraham 110 Sathish 20 Regards Vijay Hi Vijay! Put the unique names in a column and use (eg) =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$25,D1) If you want a fast way of extracting the list of names see: Chip Pearson http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#ExtractingUnique -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (...

Outlook Connector Hangs or Chugs While Sending Mail
Just started running Outlook 2007 w/ Outlook Connector. Everything (I guess) "works", but whenever I send mail, Outlook hangs anywhere from 30 secs to a few minutes. And some of the time it slows down WinXP so much that I can't do anything until the mail is sent. Have tried disabling virus scan, firewall, and Windows Search. Very annoying and frustrating! Almost ready to switch from Live Mail because of this. Brian G;111299 Wrote: > Just started running Outlook 2007 w/ Outlook Connector. Everything (I > guess) > "works", but whenever I send ...

Sorting Colums into alphabetical order
I'm trying to sort 50 columns into alphabetical order. The first column contains a name and each column has a formula, How do I arrange the columns into order and make sure all the info in the columns moves with the names? TIA tox Save first--just in case this doesn't work! If you select your range (last row of headers plus all the rows of details) and all the columns in the range you want sorted, then excel should handle it nicely. Sometimes you can get lucky and excel will guess the correct range to sort. I've always felt better by selecting my range first and not letting ...

can't send Entourage mail
5/4 List members: Today when I tried to send several messages using Entourage I received the error message "This message does not conform to RFC2822 Standard". The messages are still sitting in the Outgoing box. This has never happened to me before. I'd appreciate any insights into why this might be happening. I've verified the Microsoft Office 2004 database - no change. I'm working on a MacPro Intel Mac. Thank you in advance for any help. Sincerely, Mark Pavlick Hi Mark: It means the system does not like the Header of the message. Chances are, ...

FRx E-Mails
Hello: A client is getting an "FRx 32 error" and keeps getting kicked out of FRx, whenever she e-mails a report to someone. Otherwise, she is able to use FRx just fine. And, it seems to be just happneing on her workstation. And, the e-mailed financials transmit just fine. It's just that she gets this error everytime she e-mails, and she is using Outlook so it is MAPI compliant. For now, she is simply sending the e-mails manually by adding the frd files from the IO_Data folder as e-mailed attachments. But, can anyone recommend a way to elimninate this nuisance error. ...

Disabling the "Track in CRM" feature when composing E-mails.
I installed the CRM3.0 client on my machine yesterday to work with our corporate version of CRM. However, every time I compose, reply, forward, respond to e-mails, it is automatically getting "tracked in CRM". I do NOT want this for every e-mail, so how do I turn it off??? I looked everywhere, and I can't find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! In the web client click tools > options, then select the tab activities. At the bottom you can select which message to track all or only those with a tracking token. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) Lead Developer A...

Multiple copies of E-Mail messages
I am using Outlook 2002 (10.4219.4219) SP2 with a Windows XP Professional operating system. Just in the last couple days I've started to experience a problem with incoming e-mail messages. I use Outlook to retrieve e-mail from at least four different accounts, from at least two different servers. When I receive a new e-mail message that is addressed to one of these e-mail accounts, I get two extra copies of that message, and each of these extra copies are addressed to two of my other accounts. So what I end up with is three copies with three different TO: addresses. This only happens ...

e-mail address for the office
I need to have one e-mail address for all office use. There are 2 ways. If a make alias - distribution group I can get e-mail, but when I Reply mesg then it's going from user mailing address (not from office@...). 2nd way. I made extra user with e-mail address office@..., I gave rights for this user accnt and this address to users accounts (as addictional mailboxes). I'm getting messages on this acc, but when I'm trying to send something, I don't have permission. Give yourself full mailbox access, send as, and receive as, to be able to open mailbox in Outlook as additio...

Unauthorized outgoing mail
Hi every one I recently find something terrible in my system. Special types of spam are sent mail to unknown domain without any notification. This is the story: One of my mail address is from "GMAIL" thanks to its power full spam filter and outlook junk mail I have no spam in my "IN BOX" folder. But spam report about their status from my computer, I find this when I check "sent mail" folder form "gmail" account. There are many sent mail in the following forms: To: itsoca_1987@ENDYMIONSYSTEMS.COM (or other e-mail) Subject: Not read: Best improvemen...

how do i count mails with time and date
i have a helpdesk , i would like to know the tracking all mail , as like time and date on responded "Bhanu C" <Bhanu C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F0F08B1-3302-43F9-B2F8-5FE1BEC99A9B@microsoft.com... >i have a helpdesk , i would like to know the tracking all mail , as like >time > and date on responded Why not just look at the InfoBar? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] see http://www.slipstick.com/exs/customfields.htm - specifically the replied time section. If needed, you can copy rows to excel and compare dates etc. -- Diane Poremsky...

Problem Sending Mail w/Outlook 2002
I receive and send a lot of email using Outlook 2002 and my Gmail account with no problem. However, I have two friends to whom I send emails that are always returned. I get an error message like this: Technical details of permanent failure: PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 9): 550 Invalid recipient: However, if I send the emails to them directly from Gmail, they go through just fine. Can anyone explain why they fail with Outlook? Pat This sounds like an issue with the SMTP server you have setup in outlook - not outlook itself. "patetc" <PatETC@gmail.com> wrote in messag...

alphabetical list
ok...I have complied a list of my DVD collection and what I am trying to do is alphabatize the list. What problem I have when doing it is when I click sort button it always groups words like "A" and "The". I want it to ignore those words and focus on the word after "A" or "The" Create a helper column and add this formula to it =SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(A20,"The ",""),"A ","") Then sort both columns by the helper column -- HTH Bob Phillips "Ronnie" <Ronnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Outlook 2002 & MS Mail
I know this may sound a very stange request but...! I have Windows XP PC with Outlook 2002 installed (as part of the XP office software). All my other PCs on my network are NT and have Outlook 2000. I can configure all these to be corporate emails connecting to a mail server. When I try and configure Outlook 2002 it will not let me select corporate and I do not have the choice of MS Mail server. Can anybody please help... Outlook 2002 does not directly support MS Mail but there is a workaround you can use to connect to it -- you can find it here: http://www.poremsky.com/msmail_xp.htm --...

Junk E-Mail Options in OL 2007
I have checked the box "permanently delete suspected junk e-mail instead of moving it to the junk e-mail folder", but I still get a lot of junk in my junk e-mail folder. I think I understand why, but I would like to confirm. I am on an exchange 2003 server. I assume that whatever filter the exchange server applies is before any filter that my computer would apply. I assume exchange is putting those emails into my junk e-mail folder, while any junk my local Outlook catches, it will just delete according to my preferences? I would sure like to just not ever have anything go into t...

File Name Length
Does anyone know if filenames can be longer than 31 characters in Office 2004? Thanks. In article <19bee01c41cec$47393e90$a401280a@phx.gbl>, "JM" <doubledawg9498@yahoo.com> wrote: > Does anyone know if filenames can be longer than 31 characters in Office > 2004? Thanks. FIrst, you *can* have filenames longer than 31 characters in Office v.X already - you just can't generate them. While v.X apps display a hash at the end of a long filename, it keeps the filename intact when you save. MS hasn't announced anything regarding long file names in 2004 ye...

Return the name of the object I click on in a form
Hi, How do I go about returning the name of an object on a form. For example if I set the "On Click" event procedure on a rectangle object to return: MsgBox Me.Name I get the form name. What I want to do is click on the object and be abe to reference it's properties such as Tag to run other code based in these values. As always any assistance is greatly appreciated. Regards, John Dumay For the name of the control try Screen.ActiveControl.Name For the control itself use Screen.ActiveControl -- AG Email: discussATadhdataDOTcom "John Dumay" <JohnDumay@dis...

POP3 Internet Mail Question
I am running 1 windows 2003 server with Exchange 2003 on it. This server hosts our internal & external email for our domain name xxx.com However we have another domain name (xxy.com) that we use for internet mail that is hosted by another provider. We would like to bring this in-house and host it on our exchange server. Is there a way to configure the exchange server to host internet mail (Pop3 accounts) with a different domain name? What is the best way to set this up? thanks =?Utf-8?B?Z2tyYXNub2Zm?= <gkras19@aol.com> wrote in news:7C1FB197-B7A9-4A9E-A2D1-933577EFF0B0@micr...

Extremely Slow to Delete E-mails (and Marks as Read/Unread)
Hi, I recently installed Outlook 2007 on Windows 7 (on my MacBook Pro via Parallels). After installing, I imported the PST file from the version of Outlook on my old computer. Everything worked great at first, but for no obvious reason Outlook has begun really, really dragging (5-10 seconds for actions to be completed) when I attempt to delete e-mails and mark e-mails as read/unread. This is definitely not a computer hardware issue as this is a new and extremely fast computer. This lagtime is becoming unbearable and is resulting in it taking me nearly twice as long to get t...