how to always open a word doc at 100%

MS Word 2003 opens up at 88% sometimes 64%, how do you set word so your new
documents open up at 100% everytime?

See the AutoNew and AutoOpen macros at the end of
http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

MMN wrote:
> MS Word 2003 opens up at 88% sometimes 64%, how do you set word so
> your new documents open up at 100% everytime?

0
Jay

MS word as default email editor
this is the first time i am using windows mail. in all earlier versions like outlook / express etc, i know this option where you can use word as default editor for composing all new mail messages. this ensures that we can format / allign / bullet etc just like in word. However, this windows mail thing is not showing me this option of using word as default editor for composing all new messages / replies. please suggest / advise. i am talking about the POP windows mail available with Vsta in the start menu. "needhelp" wrote: > this is the first time i am using wi...

Files Corrupted - Won't Open
I am starting to see more and more publisher files corrupted I think? I cannot open the stupid things.. :-p I tried please... it still refused! The nerv! Each time I open the files Publisher Crashes without evening loading the document. It's a vicious loop! I've tried opening the document in safe mode, still fails. I tried not showing the pictures, at first it works. But after saving, closing, and trying to open again publisher crashes. I even tried with one file deleting all image objects that I could discern. Still after saving and closing it began crashing publisher again. ...

Developing for Word 2003 & 2007
I am currently developing an addin which can be used under 2003 and 2007. Does anyone have any information on the relative market of 2003 vs 2007? Where might I find this information. The specific market I am interested in is higher education and secondary education. Currently it works EXACTLY the same under both 2003 and 2007 and I am trying to work out how long I need to support 2003. For those who are intersted below are the main things I have done to exist in the 2003 and 2007 universes: * use userforms for the interface rather than toolbars or ribbon * stay away from...

Problems opening Workbook
Hi All, My Problem is that when I try to open my Accounts workbook I have this notice appear:- "! Too Many Different Cell Formats". Then the workbook will not open. If I could open the workbook then I can rectify the problen of too many cell formats. So does anyone know how to force the workbook to open? Thanks Becky Check your other post. Rebecca wrote: > > Hi All, > My Problem is that when I try to open my Accounts workbook I have this > notice appear:- "! Too Many Different Cell Formats". Then the workbook will > not open. > If ...

How to 'convert' photos saved in .doc format?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel My first post here - please be patient. I'm helping a friend who has just converted from her PC to a shiny new iMac and I've struck a problem that I don't know how to resolve. On her PC she saved many (hundreds) of photos in .doc format (don't ask)! She thought that was how to do it. She's adamant that she needs to keep all these images. <br><br>I've never faced the problem before and don't seem to be able to find any way of converting the .doc formatted pictures to e....

I can not copy text into a brochure without another textbox opening
Hi all, Every time I try to copy and past into a textbox already created by a publisher template, another textbox is created by defalut to add the text into it. I want to just add the text into the textbox already within the template like you could with Publisher 2000. Thanks, Kelsey Is your cursor inside the textbox when you paste? If you just paste Publisher will create a new text box. If this isn't the answer create a new textbox, paste and delete the original text box. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com &q...

Using Extender to open an existing GP window when in another GP wi
We use GP 10.0 and also own Extender. When I attended an Extender session at Convergence last year, I seem to remember we were told it is possible to use Extender to add a link to a GP window to open another GP window. Does anyone know how to do this? For example, when in a customer card, I would like to be able to click on the "Additonal" tab up the top and select the window: Field Service - Inquiry - Contract Administration - Contracts by Customer Inquiry. Thanks for your help. You could only open GP windows using the Extender. I do not think there is a way to open up other...

Can not open my database
Hello, I have this error message when I opened my database. I have seen that in the help about and I see that that document: filename.mdb was disabled. The document filename.mdb caused a serious error the last time it was opened. Would you like to continue opening it?" I tried to enable it but the same error message still occured. Let me tell you the storry, before that I have the file name: thumb.ldb in my database folder, and I tried to delete it to recylcebin, it says that it is a systemfile. but since I do not feel it is my file, I go on to delete it. Anyone kno...

XLS Files Will Not Open
We have a PC that will open Excel files, but only if you open Excel and then open the file from Excel. If I go straight to the file and try to open it, it gives an error saying "cannot find file...make sure the file and path are correct...". If I go into Excel and go to File>Open and open the file from there, the file opens fine. I've check the Excel assocations and such and everything looks fine. I've seen this once before and there was a registry setting that fixed it, but I don't remember what it was. Has anyone seen this before? Thanks, Phil Phil Fi...

word 2007- not saving files- does not bring up save box
Can't save any doc/docx when you try to save either save /saveas or ctrl s nothing happens and word crashes. Think it may have something to do with auto recovery of files? I have tried to change the normal.doc also but nothing seems to work. any thoughts greatly appreciated? Would it be simplest to reinstall? Thanks That's a symptom of a Word Data Key corruption - usually because Word has been running when updates are installed. Run Regedit and expand by double-clicking to the key below. With DATA selected, press DELETE. Word will automatically recreate a new key w...

Address book very slow to open
I have a few users on my network running Outlook XP sp2 against an Exchange 5.5 server who regulary complain that opening their address book, by clicking the TO: button can take up to 10 minutes to open. has anyone else had similar experience and if so, can it be resolved? Thanks in advance ...

When replying, OL says Word is busy...
This problem just started happening about two weeks ago, but I can't figure out the cause or solution. I'm using Outlook XP (from the Office XP suite) on Windows XP. If I try to reply to an email (or forward it), OL will pause... then come back with the error message: "This form requires Word as your email editor, but Word is either busy or cannot be found. The or will be opened in the Outlook editor instead." (That's the exact word-for- word message) Once I get that error, it won't even try to use Word as my editor again unless I close it and open it again. ...

Synchronizing shared docs on companyweb
Is it possible to synchronize a folder (and subfolders) with the shared docs folder in CompanyWeb? I can't immediately see how to do it. I see you can create a briefcase in CompanyWeb but that looks as though it requires manual intervention to "update all". I'm not sure how SecondCopy would react to a path of http://companyweb/Shared Documents! (using SBS 2008) ...

calender, summary note, multiple doc hyperlink, password protectio
Hi, I’ve spent hours trying to find solutions to the following problems,,,,hope someone can help with some or all. Thanks in advance 1. CALANDER DURATION PROBLEMS. I have around 20 MS project files, all inserted/linked into a master file. In both files i have adjusted the standard calender to 7 work hours. I also use a shared resource pool file, with calender set to 7 work hours. Problem is when I assign 1 day to a task in any project file, the master project regards it as 0.88 day., meaning the master project still regards a day as 8 hours . this happens for all task, wheth...

Outlook Faults out when other when mail is opened and other users Calendars are selected:
Hello all (especially MS) Got one that has me stumped here and I'd love to see some suggestions or possibly a confirmation that this is a bug of some kind: Got an end-user who manages the calendars of multiple executives. As such she has delegated access to all of their calendars. The Back-Office system is as follows: Active/Active/Passive Exchange 2003 SP2 Mail Server running on Windows 2003 SP1, along with 3 Front-End Servers (two SMTP and One OWA/OMA/ActiveSync Host). Client - Windows XP SP2, Outlook 2003 SP2, all updates pushed to system via WSUS. Basically Outlook Blows w...

Retrieving informations about opened web pages by Internet Explorer
Is there any way to retrieve how many web pages are opened by Internet Explorer, and what URLs are opened by it, from another process? I searched for IHTMLDocument5 and so on, however, I could't find any hint. Please reply. Thanks in advance. Regards, Hyun-jik Bae ...

How do I insert the filename in Publisher doc?
I am trying to insert the filename field in the footer of my Publisher 2003 template and cannot figure how to do it. Can anyone help? Sue <Sue@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I am trying to insert the filename field in the footer of my > Publisher 2003 template and cannot figure how to do it. Look up the name of your file, and then type it into the footer. (There is no automagic way to do this) -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 22:46:42 +0100, Ed Bennett wrote (in article <O#8i$vqoFHA.3304@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>...

command button to open 1 of 2 forms
Hi All, I have 3 forms "DailyRoute", "ServiceCall" and "Installation". "ServiceCall" and "Installation" have control source as "TblCustomers" when the customer details are entered a checkbox is check to identify a Service Call, the issue is that different information is required for each job type ("ServiceCall" or "Installation") therefore I require 2 forms for closing the days work. Is it possible to click the "update" command button in "DailyRoute" and display either "Ser...

Restore toolbars in open email
I have lost the toolbars across the top of an open email and would like to restore them, but can't seem to figure it out. View, Toolbars, Standard ? "Confused user" wrote: > I have lost the toolbars across the top of an open email and would like to > restore them, but can't seem to figure it out. Right-click in the area Confused user wrote: > I have lost the toolbars across the top of an open email and would like to > restore them, but can't seem to figure it out. ...

Links dont open
Why is it that n some emails where there are links outlook opens the explorer with strange URL like this outbind://16-0000000026322AE5531BF6438B074869664FD701440D2300/http/www.something.com ...

sending ppp txt to word document
I have a multislide presentation. I'm trying to send the text to Microsoft Word. The operation works fine, except for the fact that some of the text will not transfer. It is as if text on certian slides is protected or soemthing. If I'm in the individual slide, I can selcet the text without a problem. I would simply do this were it not for the fact that I need to transfer text from more than 40 seperate presenations, each with 30-60 slides. Help! You can set slides to be hidden in PowerPoint - you have an option to hide slides in the slide sorter view. Check to see if t...

Word 2007 Is Non-Functional
HELP! Yesterday, Word 2007 worked fine. Today, after some Microsoft auto updates were applied (one was a security update to Office (KB978380)) it fails every time. If I start Word and try to save or open a file - crash ("Microsoft Word has stopped responding"). My system has a QX-9650 Quad-Core with 8GB of memory and dual video cards in a quad-SLI configuration (2GB VRAM). I have one application open (Word) so system resources are not an issue. I'm running Vista x64. I went to the Technet site and found an article on Word continually crashing but neither ...

Embedding font causes Word 2003 to crash
I'm sending a document to someone, and the letterhead has Lucida Casual font, so I want to embed that so it looks correct on the other computer. I click Tools, Options, Save, and choose Embed Fonts. I've also tried choosing to only embed the characters that are used, and not to embed common system fonts. When I then save the document, Word crashes and shuts down. I tell it to report the problem, but it tries and tries and never finishes. When I come back into Word, there is no evidence that I even had the document open before. Help! -- Terri ...

automate copying text in Word doc to Access db
I’m having trouble with the following process: Access 2003 Database: WordDocImport.mdb Table: WordDocText Field_A: text field link/hyperlink to a MSWord document: C:\demowordfile.doc - The document contains no fields and is merely text Field_B: memo field currently empty Need to: In a macro automate the process of importing/copying The text in the Word document C:\demowordfile.doc into the Access table WordDocText’s Field_B Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide David Tyler, Toronto, Canada What kind of trouble are you having exactly? "davidtyler&...

Opening a file in a Apple
How can I save a file and then open it in a Apple Computer. Save the file as an image format Apple will recognize. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jack Reardon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:267901c52ed1$72057510$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How can I save a file and then open it in a Apple > Computer. ...