How do you unlock or "unprotect" templates you have created 2007?

In 2003, I use to be able to go to Options and Unprotect at template that I
had created. I can't find a way to do this in 2007 and am trying to use the
templates I had created in 2003. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

If this is a protected form, you can use the Review tab: Click the Protect
Document button to show the Restrict Formatting and Editing pane. Click the
Stop Protection button.

However, if you want to add form form fields to your file, you'll need to
display the Developer tab (Office button | Word Options, Popular: "Show
Developer tab in the Ribbon").

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Patty19550" <Patty19550@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In 2003, I use to be able to go to Options and Unprotect at template that
> had created. I can't find a way to do this in 2007 and am trying to use
> the
> templates I had created in 2003. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

0
Stefan

Navigating to unprotected Cells in Protected Sheets
Is there any way to specify the order in which a user may navigate (using the tab key) from one unprotected cell to another in a protected worksheet? The order in which data will be entered is not corresponding to the current navigation path, and I cannot figure out a way to modify the directions anywhere. See if this old post can help. http://tinyurl.com/39vzv -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Carrie P." <ndgomom@netscape.net&g...

Unprotecting what Excel says is unprotected ???
Good evening all the peeps of the Excel Community. This one has me completely flammuxed but hopefully someone can spot my obvious error that I can't ... I have a workbook with 26 sheets. At some time, I know I password protected it ... somehow. Each time I open my workbook, it asks me "xxx.xls' is reserved by Joe Bloggs. Enter password for write access, or open read only." I have been through each and every one of the 26 sheets using Tools - Protection to unprotect but none are protected, nor are any Workbook protected. My only guess is that at some stage,...

Protect / Unprotect with checkbox
I have searched the web on this and found instructions to do this bu they are unclear for someone at my skill level. What I need help on: I want assign code to a check box that can be used as follows: When box is checked the spread sheet is protected. When box is unchecked the spreadsheet is not protected I need to know the code and how to assign it to the check box. Pleas remember: Phrases like '"enter this into the check box event code" doe nto ehlp me. Treat me as an idiot -- retseor ----------------------------------------------------------------------- retseort...

Move cursor through all unprotected cells in a protected worksheet
I have Excel 2003 at home and have completed a protected worksheet with a number of unprotected cells for data entry. The cursor skips thru each unprotected cell without trawling thru the rest of the worksheet. When I copy this onto another computer at work, the cursor moves through EVERY cell, although it will display a message if I try to enter anything in a protected cell. What is set on my computer at home that is not set on the works computer? (I am using the ENTER key, not the tab or anything). Any pointers would be appreciated Hi Bob, I expect you meant skips each pr...

unprotect (in Excel 2007) workbook created and protected in Excel
When I open (in Excel 2007) a workbook created and protected in Excel 2003, I cannot unprotect it. When I go to the Review tab, the Changes block of the ribbon shows an icon to "Protect Workbook" (as though the workbook were not protected) rather than one to "Unprotect Workbook". I have not been able to find anything in Help to suggest another approach/method. The workbook was protected in Excel 2003 using both the Structure and Windows options. Hi DonJ The label of the button will not change if the workbook is protected Click on the arrow on the button and choose...

My sheet is unprotected, but I can't format cells.
I can't format my cells. It is number cells which I want to round out. The sheet is unprotected. Paul, Is it shared? Look at Tools - Share workbook. "Allow changes by more than one user...." should not be checked. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6DF902D3-AAE8-477D-B016-3A5DA72CAD72@microsoft.com... >I can't format my cells. It is number cells which I want to round out. >The > sheet is unprotected. I c...

Formatting In Unprotected Section of Template
Good morning, In Office 2003 you were able to add bullets in an unprotected section of a template - now, with 2007, this option is no longer available. Any other suggestions? - I have used the Insert Symbol and Alt 0149 but is there another way? Thank you, Jeanne In an unprotected section of a protected document, you can press Ctrl+Shift+L to quickly apply the List Bullet style to the selected paragraphs. So-called quick styles can be applied via the Styles box on the Home tab. Also note that you can apply any style via the Style box which you can add to the Quick Acc...

Conditionally Unprotect Worksheet?
Dear Experts: Is it possible to unprotect a sheet by selecting specific cells or by performing specific function? Like lets say, a sheet will unprotect if the user select cell A1, B3, D4 & F4 OR a sheet will unprotect if a user Copy range A1:B19 OR some code run before BeforePaste event Hope you understand the idea Regards, Murtaza Hi you could use the worksheet_selectionchange event for this. see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/events.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Murtaza" <NoEmail@Please.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:u7LFQ59uEHA.2200@TK2MSFTNG...

Unprotect Worksheet Prompt
I'm running Excel 97 (sorry!) and I have built a workbook which obtains inputs from a number of users. All sheets are protected with only the input cells unlocked. How do I switch off the prompts when the workbook opens so that macros enable automatically and users aren't prompted to unprotect 12 worksheets? Some users are not very savvy, and struggle to hit "enable", then ESC 12 times. >>How do I switch off the prompts when the workbook opens so that macros >>enable automatically That's not possible since it would leave users with no way to stop malicious ...

unprotect a write protected file
I can not save a file to a cd because it tells me that it is a write protected file. I did not write protect the cd file and don't know how it got write protected I need to unwrite protect the file. How can I do this. Thanks Suzzyq suzzy First of all.......you should never save to or open from removable media directly. Just looking for file corruption. Save to HDD then copy to the CD. Same when opening. Copy to HDD then open. The read only bit....... All depends upon how the files get "burned" to the CD. With regular Windows burning, they will always be read-only. ...

I need to unprotect sheet so I cn sve it but need a password?
I was working on my scouts accounts file which previously I have no problems with then on completion of some addittions I asked it to be saved.BUT it kept saying sheet is protected and I cannot alter it. This is hppening a lot recently and as far as I am aware I have not asked for protection on any of my workshets in my Microsot progs ie Word or excell There are 3 types of protection on an Excel file(4 if you count VBA Project protection which we can ignore at this point). 1. File to open protection which requires a password to open and/or modify the file. 2. Workbook struc...

Order of selecting unprotected cells
I was wondering if anyone could assist me with an Excel 2003 problem I am trying to solve? I have a worksheet which has majority of it's cells protected. There are only 5 cells which the user is allowed to select and enter information. The first 2 cells are directly underneath each other eg: C6 + C7. I have another 2 cells which are unprotected B8 + B9. The final cell which is unprotected is D5. The end user needs to enter information in cells C6 and C7 first, then enter information into B8 and B9 second, then finally enter information into D5. While using the enter key, cells C6 a...

Unprotecting password protected workbook
do we have a way by which we can break a password protected excel worksheet.....it doesnt open..it asks for password whenever i try to open it....thanks again -- Vnagpal ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Vnagpal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15104 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=492344 See http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/fileandvbapwords.html In article <Vnagpal.1zspem_1134169800.8444@excelforum-nospam.com>, Vnagpal <Vnagpal.1zspem_1134169800.8444@exc...

unprotect utility
I need a simple to use unprotect utility to crack an old file for which I've forgotten my passwords. Any help or link would be appreciated. bo, Attached below is a copy of a post by Norman Harker that should be able to help you with your dilemma: John (Copied from a post by Norman Harker) <snip> Here's a standard collation of password recovery facilities. Please note that unauthorized use of password recovery techniques can breach software license agreements and leave you without otherwise available assistance and remedies. You may also be liable to being sued or even pr...

Unprotecting Cells in a Protected Worksheet
I have a multi worksheet workbook. Most of the workbook is protected, but I have isolated cells that I want to unprotect becasue they represent variables for "what if" scenarios. How do I do it? Hi before protecting the sheet select these cells and goto 'Format - Cells - Protection' and uncheck 'Locked' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Mark F" <MarkF@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0D556F6E-C91C-460B-9A19-582811C33AC4@microsoft.com... >I have a multi worksheet workbook. Most of the workbook is protected, but I...

Excel 2000: Unprotected cells
I have created a workbook in which I limit cursor movement to unprotected cells, by using the VBA code With Worksheets(Sheet.Name) .EnableSelection = xlUnlockedCells End With This works fine but I find the cursor-wrapping behaviour annoying and confusing, e.g.: *** when the cursor reaches the right-most unprotected cell in a particular row, it wraps to the left-most unprotected cell in the next row (i.e. next row that contains an unprotected cell) *** when the cursor reaches the bottom-most unprotected cell in a particular column, it wraps to the ...

Marco to protect / unprotect worksheet
How can I edit the code below to enter the password snow (I use a password on the protected sheet to keep people from makeing unwanted changes) Also I need code to reprotect the worksheet at the end addining the password snow. Sub Macro1() ' ' Macro1 Macro ' ' ActiveSheet.Unprotect End Sub Sub Macro1() ActiveSheet.Unprotect password:="snow" End Sub Note snow is case sensitive -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the qu...

Unprotection once performed...
I have protected certain formulas via the following method: Select cells go to "Data/Validation" choose "Custom" and write ="" Those cells ARE PROTECTED. HOW DO I UNDO THE ABOVE????????? Thank you, FL Kulchar Do you mean you want to restore previous data|validation rules? If you do, I think you'll have to put them back manually (may be quite a pain if you had lots of rules). Do you have a backup copy of your workbook? FLKULCHAR wrote: > > I have protected certain formulas via the following method: > > Select ce...

How can I unprotect an Excel worksheet without the password?
I need to modify a document in Excel but lost the password that is required to unprotect the worksheet so I can edit it. Is there any way to override the protection or at least copy and paste all the contents into a new blank worksheet? -- Newellmyra See here: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html -- Best Regards, Luke M "Newellmyra" <Newellmyra.61f89b5@excelbanter.com> wrote in message news:Newellmyra.61f89b5@excelbanter.com... > > I need to modify a document in Excel but lost the password that is > required to unprotect the...

Protect or Unprotect Cell dependent on different cell
I am trying to find a way of automatically protecting a cell if an adjacent cell has a specific value whilst if that cell has a different value the cell would be unprotected. For example if I am aiming to have a column with values in that will be entered but if a field next to it has a 1 in the value field will then be locked. But if the 1 is changed to a 0 the value field could then be edited. Many Thanks for any help. David You could do this with a worksheet_change event to make it fully automatic.Unlock ccell f1>protect the sheet>right click sheet tab>view ...

Unprotect a Word Template
I posted something similar a few days ago, but it remains unresolved and has run out of steam. I will be more specific this time in the hope that someone can give me a quick and precise answer. How do I unprotect a Word Template (I know the password) from within Access (2003) so I can complete fields, and then re-protect the document so users cannot change anything? This does not need high security - it is simply a means of preventing changes after the data has left the database. The internal users will not dig deeply to bypass the password protection, and a copy of the print...

Formatting unprotected sections
Hi, I'm currently working on a template (.dotx) for Word 2007 where I want to protected several sections with the 'Filling in forms' protection. So far it's ok - but in the unprotected section I'm unable to use things like 'Bullets' and 'Numbering' - why is this, and mere importantly how do I solve this? Any help would be greatly appreciated /JEN As you are using Word 2007, consider using Content Controls rather than formfields. Alternatively, use a UserForm (Custom Dialog) to get the user's input See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org...

PROTECTING/UNPROTECTING SHEETS
I use Excel 2000. I have workbooks with many sheets that are protected against changes to cells (data, formulas, formatting, etc.). Question 1: Is there a way to quickly determine if a sheet and/or cell are protected or not without doing an input test or checking out the Tools, Protection command? Something like the PR or U codes Lotus places at the bottom of the window. Question 2: Is there a way to unprotect, and vice versa, a number of sheets with one command? I tried selecting all the sheets and using the Tools, Protection/Unprotect command with no luck. Search and Replace is n...

Unprotect Excel 2002 row groupings in protected worksheet
http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=40903597.FF5DDEB1%40msn.com ARoby wrote: -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Unprotecting worksheets
I recently created a workbook that I shared with other users in our network. I protected and locked certain cells, only allowing some to be changed without a password. Now, I am trying to edit the cells and it doesn't even prompt me for my password, I can't do anything! When I go to "unprotect sheet" like Excel help says, only "Protect sheet" is an option (other is greyed out). Also I cannot even right click on any of the locked cells to "unlock them". I don't know what to do!!!!!! I spent hours working on these worksheets! Lauren,...