How do you reset things?

When I press the apostrophe button an a with an accent mark appears instead
of an ' (on word) how do I fix it?

You find the button on your laptop that switches between the English
keyboard and the "international" one, and press it again;

or you return Windows to using whichever variety of English keyboard
it was set to -- perhaps by pressing Shift-LeftAlt (which will toggle
or cycle through all the installed keyboards), or perhaps by going
through Start > Control Panel > Regional and Language Options to, if
you know you're never going to need them, remove all the keyboards
(not "languages") other than the one you need. The procedure differs
somewhat between XP, Vista, and 7, but it should be pretty clear which
tabs and buttons to use.

On Jun 4, 8:21=A0pm, Helping Out <Helping
O...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> When I press the apostrophe button an a with an accent mark appears inste=
ad
> of an ' (on word) how do I fix it?

0
Peter

Using Outlook for CRM-ish things
I work in a large company and often need to keep a log of my daily phone conversations, quotes, meetings, etc. with vendors, employees, customers, etc. I'm stuck with the tools they give me, so adding software is not difficult (though if there was an add-on that synch'd nicely between desktop Outlook and my PocketPC-based PDA, I might lobby for it). Something like ACT! or whatever would be gross overkill. What I need is a rudimentary way of doing super-basic CRM (though it's Contacts not Customers in this case). e.g., keeping a running log of interactions with someone: - If the...

Password reset is not saved
I am using Vista Home Premium (32-bit) in a guest operating system (VMware; host is Vista 64-bit). I am receiving a Windows notification that my password is about to expire. Even though I change and save the password successfully, the next time that I log on I receive the same message. And , I have to go back to the original password, since the one that I changed to is not recognized. Any thoughts? Gordon Biggar On Thu, 3 Dec 2009 16:27:15 -0600, Gordon Biggar wrote: > I am using Vista Home Premium (32-bit) in a guest operating system (VMware; > host is Vist...

Default settings keep resetting
I have deployed Outlook 2003 from a Windows 2003 SBS platform to some desktops. The outlook is running fine. They have a POP3 mail account which I have setup in their outlook. There is also an exchange server account which we are not using yet. Everytime I set the POP3 mail account as the default it stays as long as you log off the computer. When you shut down the computer soft or hard boot, the outlook settings return to the default of the exchange service as the default. If we remove the exchange service then they lose their emails. Any suggestions on what can be done to keep the P...

Log Resets from Automatically Grow to Fixed Size in SQL Server 200
In SQL Server 2005, changed the log for the CRM database from a fixed size to automatically grow, saved changes, went back into SQL Studio, and was set to fixed size again. Need to be able to save this change and make it effective. -- Thanks, Justin ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Ag...

Outlook is doing funky things . . .
I have a new notebook . . . my outlook has worked just fine (download my hotmail emails). Yesterday, I opened an questionalble email, there was no text w/ this email and the subject line said "re:". So I deleted it, then deleted it from trashcan. Then later that day, a friend emailed me, but the text in her email was jibberish, looked like some type of code. For the rest of the day, all my other emails was fine. Today, i received an email from my bank (same montly email I get from the), but it was jibberish too. the wired thing, when i go to actual "hotmail.com"...

VB
I have a new computer at home and have moved (copied) a lot of my Excel stuff from my work computer to my new computer. Things run relatively smoothly, but there are a couple of things I don't understand. 1) If I open VB from a spreadsheet - View, Toolbars, Visual Basic, VB Editor - and open a module, the screen is blank - the module shows nothing in it. If I go to Tools, Macros, and select a particular Macro, it pulls up the module and shows the code. 2) I am using the following to re-size the VB code windows: Dim cmpComponent As VBIDE.VBComponent Dim cmpComponents As ...

Move and reset valuse using a command Button
Can I use a command Button to move cell valuse from one cell to another. I then want to reset a 3rd cell to 0. I have a spread sheet that I use to work out how much fuel I have used each day. I input what I have left for the day in one cell and yesterday volume in another. I would like to be able to use a command button to transfer "todays" figure to "yesterdays" and then reset the "used" cell to "0" when I open the sheet the next day. Therefore I would only having to input todays figure. What would be the best way for this. 30/12/0...

Security gets reset
We are currently having a probelm with security. We have two companies-one is live data and one is a copy of live. When we first started we entered everything in the Test/copy of live company and moved it over to the live company (KB#872709). Now when users go into the live company no one has security even though they are setup as power users. I have to go to the Company setup, unmark the security checkbox, log out, log back in and mark the security checkbox again for the users to have access (i.e. entering new account numbers). I have to do this everytime users get into GP. What ...

Reset Number each year
Dear friends, your valuable help is needed again, I have a table - T_Issues with the following fields: RadioSN (text) - Primary key DateIssued (date) - Primary key EmployeeCode (text) - Primary key SN - Number Integer On a form, based on this table I need to increment the SN by one (this is easy, using the dmax +1). My difficulty is to reset the SN each year, e.g. I have recorded 200 records in year 2007 and therefore the greatest SN is 200. Now, at the beginning of 2008 (and following years) I need to reset the SN back to 1 and then to be increased by 1. Thanking you in advance, Ge...

Reset a user password in GP?
I have a work order from an user, stating: "She said her password for Great Plains has expired. She have tried several times to change the password but have received error messages. Can someone help?" This is the first time for have one of my user to need to have their password reset. After I logon on as SA where do I need to go? Ed in Version 8.0 : Tools>Set-up> System>User choose the user and a screen should pop-up where you can reset the password "Ed" wrote: > I have a work order from an user, stating: "She said her password for Great >...

M05 single category list haters: one thing not to try
The obvious registry hack really makes a mess of the categories setup in your file. Don't go there. The reg hack did not cause the problem I saw--that was pure M05 maliciousness... (Moving Food:Groceries to Groceries and Food:Dining Out to Dining Out.) I'll try to go back and play with the reg hack again. I think it does exactly nothing. "Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote in message news:%23knflAenEHA.4004@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > The obvious registry hack really makes a mess of the categories setup in > your file. Don't ...

I have a few questions about things in MS Money 2007 H&B ...???
First, on the business side of things, I've been creating some invoices and have been able to mark some paid (woohoo!) When I click to apply payment to an invoice there's an option in there to apply current credit to that payment with just a check box. The dollar amount is $0.00 and I can't change it. Where do I change this!? I had a perfect example where I had actually given some credit to the client and I needed to use this feature but I can't find where to actually create credits that can be applied here. Second, I'd like to track how much Income Tax I owe on ...

Need HELP to reset Outlook to previous configuration
Hi all, On Windows XP with Office XP. I did something dumb, but as you will see, my computer was even dumber than I was, Thanks Mr. Gates! I installed Quark Xpress and dowloaded the tutorial from their web site. In the intro they suggested that I be aware of the location of a certain "XPress Preferences.prf" file. I located it and since there was an icon next to it, I figured Windows knew what to do with it (It was the Office Suite logo, the four puzzle pieces). So, here is my dumb mistake, never open a file if you are not sure what to do with it... I double click on it and I get ...

reset to site definition
I created a site with a blank page. This has the web part with the microsoft logo. I then deleted the logo which customized the page. Then I expected when clicking the the reset to site definition link to see the logo back. Did not happen. Is this not what to expect from using reset to site definition? -- barry Nope, its not. Resetting to the site definition will restore a page to the default elements, content regions, web part zones, as defined by that definition, not the content of those elements. You changed the content displayed by a web part, not what web part is displaye...

How do I reset my color palette in Excel?
I tried tools, options, color tab and the 'reset' button. But the colors appear to still be different. The colors seemed to change when I was working in SAP and using the office integration tool. I was generating reports that automatically appeared in Excel and I was changing the colors in the report by simply using the format cells option. Since then, I noticed my color palette looked a bit different. When I bring the color palette up and position my mouse over some of the colors, the yellow message box will either tell me the name of the color, or "color scheme"...

signature (email address does funky things!)
When I insert a signature in a reply or fwd, It adds <email> beside my email address. Can someone help. HTML format Thanks. ...

How do I reset the categories and colors in my Outlook 2007 back t
How do I reset the categories and colors in my Outlook 2007 back to the default? Thanks in advance, Candy Delete the categories from the category dialog? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM You can access this newsgroup by visiting http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point...

again with the timer thing!!!
I am currently using this code to enter the time automatically for on particular column, however, i wanted the same thing to happen i another set of rows, and it keeps telling me that syntax is invali when i try to enter the below code the second time. I have been to th McGimpsey site that Frank sent me a link to, but I cannot get the cod right for the second timer. Can anyone figure this out? 1st code: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) With Target If .Count > 1 Then Exit Sub If Not Intersect(Range("A2:CL2"), .Cells) Is Nothing Then Application.EnableEve...

Color Index Code, is there any thing like that?
I have a question regarding the color in Excel. In normal time, if I want the negative number shown in Red color, then I will formate a cell with【#, ##0;[Red] (#,##0)】. My question is that what happen if I want some other color apart from the mainstream color (e.g black, green etc), how can I easily formate it? What I mean is there any special color index code which I can fill to the Excel formula, instead of just put [Red]. Many thanks, Wilchong -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com Try # ##0;[Color n] (#,##0) Where n is the number of a colour in the Excel colour palette...

reset default 01/01/1900 date
Is it possible to reset the default base of 1/1/1900 to a substantially earlier date (say 1/1 1700). The reason for asking is that in most genealogical research into families, we are woking with dates in the 17th and 18th centuries. The current default means is is impossible to sort on these dates in an Excel Spreadshet Phil, Use John Walkenbach's XDATE addin (eXtended DATE), available at http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/xdate.htm HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Phil" <Phil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:728F5A85-7653-43D7-90D4-1E37C55EFAF8@micr...

Command to reset the WAVE volume level?
I'm looking for a command to reset the WAVE volume slider to a preset level. ---- This is the problem. When I play my movie player (I use GOM) it resets the volume level for WAVE files. After using GOM I have to run the Master Volume window and drag the WAVE slider back to where I want it. Or I have to run another audio application and reset the WAVE volume with that. Is there an single command to set the WAVE volume to a preset level? Maybe there are some parameters which go with the SNDVOL32 command? C:\WINDOWS\system32\sndvol32.exe On 12/16/2009 4:18 AM, Vi...

reset task assignment due date
I have sent a task assignment for a deadline, and the deadline has changed. Is there a way to change the due date to a task assigned to more than one person? Please help. Amanda <amanda@madbooking.com> wrote: > I have sent a task assignment for a deadline, and the > deadline has changed. Is there a way to change the due > date to a task assigned to more than one person? Please Can't you forward that task with the updated due dat to those people? -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is t...

SBS Exchange resets clients default email account
Hello, We have just deployed an SBS 2003 server and our client uses the built in Exchange for intra-office email only. A few select people have an external email address from an external ISP and they are setup in their individual PC Outlook profiles. These people would prefer their POP accounts it to be their default email account. However, everytime they restart their PC Exchange makes itself the default email account. So what frequently happens is these users send out emails only to bounce back because its trying to send external email using exchange. So they have to change their def...

Reset workbook and worksheet settings
Hello everyone, someone has messed up with my excel sheet, when I want to print on an A4 size paper A4 size is divided into 5 parts by dashed line breaks which I can not either delete and can't remove, when I remove them and try to print it appears again in the same places. I searched in Excel Help there was method of how to reset workbook and worksheet settings but there they say to delete a file book.xlt and sheet.xlt which windows search even couldn't trace where they file are means they don't exist. I have the following questions: 1. How can I reset the whole EXCEL so...

Word Forms and Reset Button
Hi all, I need advice concerning several Word forms. First, I understand that you can't control tab order without VB and if you use the code, you cannot click in the fields. Are you sure there is no way around the click thing? If we use a user form to fill in the document form fields instead, how will that affect calculated fields we already have in our document? This form will be published and downloaded by inexperienced users. Will the form pose any risks with VB code run on outdated operating systems and old versions of word? Once they fill out the doc via the user...