How do you open PDF files with Word 2007?

How do you open a PDF file in Word 2007? anybody? I tried to download the PDF
add on app but that is not working either. I have on line classes I cant
complete until I figure out how to do this.

You can't open pdf's in Word -- that's the point of pdf files.

On Feb 10, 3:06=A0pm, terrycwilson
<terrycwil...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> How do you open a PDF file in Word 2007? anybody? I tried to download the=
 PDF
> add on app but that is not working either. I have on line classes I cant
> complete until I figure out how to do this.

0
Peter
2/10/2010 8:43:42 PM
You can't. The addon is for saving Word documents as PDF files, not for
opening or editing them. For reading PDF files, you can use Acrobat Reader
 (http://www.adobe.com/go/EN_US-H-GET-READER) or Foxit Reader
(http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/reader/).

You can also add one page PDF files as objects to your Word document, but
you can't edit them.

Yves

"terrycwilson" <terrycwilson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do you open a PDF file in Word 2007? anybody? I tried to download the
> PDF
> add on app but that is not working either. I have on line classes I cant
> complete until I figure out how to do this.

0
Yves
2/10/2010 8:44:23 PM
You don't "open them" in Word. You download a free reader (such as Adobe
Acrobat Reader) and view them in that.

"terrycwilson" wrote:

> How do you open a PDF file in Word 2007? anybody? I tried to download the PDF
> add on app but that is not working either. I have on line classes I cant
> complete until I figure out how to do this.

RNDIS .INF file signing process
I would like to know what is the best procedure to follow up, in order to sign our .INF file that uses the RNDIS Windows driver. The idea is to eliminate the prompt-message raised at installation time by Windows saying that the driver was not validated by Windows Logo Program.The .INF file points only to already installed .sys Windows files for RNDIS. Thank You! ...

Clip art in Excel 2007
Hello, I have two clip arts in my Excel 2007 one is check mark and the another is a "X" in a particular cell I would display the text "Balance", which I like to have the check mark clip art appear. If the same cell has the text "Not Balance" then I want to show the clip art with the "X" and the clip art with the check mark disappear. Is this possible? I would appreciate any tips. Thank you in advance. If you want check to appear when text in cell a1=balance and x when text reads no balance try this in B1 =IF(A1="balance...

Project Server file versions
In Project Server 2007 is there a way to save off snapshots of a schedule? Currently we check our schedules into Sharepoint, which has file revision history built in, but Project Server 2007 doesn't seem to have a similar capability. I realize I can use baselining to track differences between points in a project history, but let's say for example I make a series of updates to a schedule, publish that project into Project Server, only to find out later that the situation has changed and I need to back out all those changes. How would I get back? I suppose one soluti...

How do I change the %age view SETTING when opening files ?
When opening files/pages in Publisher 3000, how do I reset the settings (%ages on toolbar) so the pages open in the 100%, 150% or 200% as required ? The pages appear to open always in the 50% or 65% mode and I wish to automatically open in the 100% mode. Thanks. NFGLTD <NFGLTD@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > When opening files/pages in Publisher 3000, how do I reset the > settings (%ages on toolbar) so the pages open in the 100%, 150% or > 200% as required ? > > The pages appear to open always in the 50% or 65% mode and I wish to > aut...

excel 2007 schemas
PLEASE HELP :( i am trying to link a pdf file to excel thru a schema i think what i am missing to get the correct mapping is locking or labeling the column headings anyone out there who can help will earn major karma points thanks ...

Lost File Share #3
Before 15 January, I had 2 PC's set to share a calendar (via email). However, on 15 January, one of the PC's received the following message: "Oulook caused invalid page fault in module fldpub.dll at 015f:4c51a697". I went to the support page and printed the resolutions for that error. However, since then, the calendar does not share. How can I share (via email) again? One of the PC's is a laptop and is only connected to the network during the day (that is why I am/was sharing the calendar via email versus putting the calendar on the shared drive of the net...

Macro to help update data from protected files
I need help in creating a macro. I have a master file X1 and it connects to 55 other files all password protected. When i open the Master file , it asks the protected fiel to be open to update the data, otherwise it gives error. Can someone help me create a macro which will update the data witout opening the protected fiels one by one. Thanks I don't think you'll find a macro that can do this. But what you could do is create a new workbook that opens each of those 55 other files (supplying the password) and then opens your real workbook. hamad.fatima@gmail.com wrote: > > I ...

cant open my saved documents
I cant seem to open my saved documents! I know they are still there cause when i go to save us they all come up in my folder but when i try to open them my folder is empty? please help!! From the file > open dialog. Change the type of files to 'All Files'. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>...

[2007/ToDo List] Add-in to create sub-tasks?
Hello ince Outlook is basically what everyone uses to sync a BlackBerry with Windows, I'm stuck with using it. However, I need to divide tasks into sub-tasks, and sometimes/often set some start and/or due date to an task. This is what the MS Outlook 2007 ToDo List UI looks like: http://www.oucs.ox.ac.uk/nexus/outlook2007/images/tasks.png This is what the ToDoList from AbstractSpoon looks like: http://www.shafqatahmed.com/WindowsLiveWriter/MainScreen2.png Do you know of an add-in so that Outlook support this poor-man alternative to MS Project? Thank you. "Gilles Ganault"...

How do I delete duplicate email messages in Outlook 2007?
How do I delete duplicate email messages in Outlook 2007? "maxwelton" <maxwelton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:023F67EB-8140-44B3-903B-2E7611B4068F@microsoft.com... > How do I delete duplicate email messages in Outlook 2007? Select them and press Delete? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Opening Attachments 02-02-10
Using Windows 7 and Outlook 2003 on a brand-new computer. Each time I want to open an attachment, it has a box asking if I want to be asked (obviously so a harmful document is not opened). The box "do not ask me this question again" already has a checkmark in it, but it is lightened in color and nothing that I can choose. How do I ensure that I can open documents without being asked this question each and every time I try to open an attachment? Thanks for any help you can give me. Check your other post for answers -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the...

Can't open account.
Why won't my Mac 10.4.11 using safari as browser open my account? Safari version 3.0.4 Inasmuch as this Newsgroup is dedicated to the software program, MS Access, you're not likely to get any answers here to Safari or Mac problems. Try posting into a newsgroup which supports, Mac, and/or Safari. Also, you wuld probably get a better answer if you specify WHICH account you are trying unsuccessfully to open. Best of luck. "sebe" <sebe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:577461D2-FF7F-425F-8F23-BBBFC3F819F6@microsoft.com... > > Why won't my...

where can I find CWinApp file in a regular dll (not extension) wizard created project
Hi. I created a dll using the regular (not extension) dll wizard in vc++ 6.0. I was wondering where I can find this CWinApp file so I can put initialization code and exit code in it? I don't see it in the file view and of course I am not very experienced with this ide. thanks for probably the obvious. Jeff Kish If it is not an MFC DLL, it probably doesn't have a CWinApp class. Find In Files is a useful tool to know about. Look for DllMain. See what it does on entry. If it doesn't call InitInstance, then you don't have a CWinApp class. joe On Wed, 02 May 2007 1...

Restoring Backup pst files
I backed up my Outlook files and want to bring them back into Outlook. I attempted to import them from the backup location only to be informed that I don't have permission to do this. The whole point of backing them up was to restore them after a recent upgrade of my OS. Can anyone advise me how this can be done. I need to access the emails and contacts. Do not use the import feature. Simply copy back the pst-file from you backup location to a convenient place such as My Documents\Outlook. If this is from a read only location such a CD or DVD, make sure the "Read Onl...

Can't Open Canlendar or Contacts
Office Pro XP (2002) was just installed. We are trying to open Outlook to access its Calendar & Contacts applications. We DO NOT want Outlook to be our default email location (Outlook Express has been selected). When we click on the Outlook icon (or open from the Programs folder), we get the message: "Unable to open default email system. Try again." When we "try again," we get the message: "Would you like to open default File System folder?" When answering "yes," the "My Computer" files open in Outlook. At the same time, we get th...

Outlook 2007
We are implementing Outlook 2007 - Exchange 2010 across the company and we are noting that while we can open and save attachments directly from the email in either preview pane or full view (by right clicking and saying "Save As"), the Save Attachment button does not work in the Email Toolbar. Having put the Save Attachment button in my quick access toolbar, I note that it does not work either when I open the full Email. I am thinking this might be related to the Exchange/Outlook relationship. Our exchange server in on our LAN and I have my connection set to "Dow...

import fixed-length text file into excel
- 2 2299 Del Pietro M Wintervill NC 1:18:26 2:44:0 2:44:11 6:16 - 1 2045 Robert Marchinko M Salisbury NC 1:15:34 2:31:1 2:31:20 5:47 I have a text file where each field starts at same column and of th same length in each record. I tried cut&Paste, I tried opening it in excel as a tab delimited file I tried as a fixed-length file None of these worked. Data came in scrambled or into scrunched columns If the data were a table then cut&paste works great. What's the secret in loading above 2 records into Excel? I couldn' simulate the look ...

OWA 2007 limitations ?
Hi, i need some advise with regards to OWA 2007. 1. I cant seem to find a way to Display the heading for From, Subject, Received Size etc. for my Inbox. I could sort by Date, Conversation, From, To, Size, Subject etc. by clicking on "Arrange By" but however the heading seems not coming up. Is there a way to bring up/enable the heading or is this a limitation for OWA 2007 ? 2. I cant remove the arrange my inbox to "Show in Groups" ? I would prefer to remove the heading that reads "Today" , "Yesterday" etc. cause some of our users jus...

opening pdf attachment
When getting an email with a pdf attachment, it does not open as a pdf, it only shows a bunch of characters. PDF's do open when they are not sent through an email. ...

Why with Excel Xp takes too much time to open and in 2003 fast?
I have 2 computers, in one I have Excel XP (2002) and in the other I have Excel 2003, I've been receiving files wich I need to check with my Excel XP, the problem is that it takes too much time to open, and when I try to open it with Excel 2003 it open normaly (fast). What can I do? Urgent, please I will thank you to send answer : eguevara2000@hotmail.com Thanks ________________________ Tengo 2 computadoras, una con Excel Xp (2002) y la otra con 2003, he recibido archivos pero con Excel XP tarda mucho tiempo en abrir los archivos, mientras que en 2003 lo hace normal (rapido), a ...

How do I generate the worded amount line on a check
I am trying to get a report in Access to print checks. How can I generate the "worded" version of the dollar amount of the check? Thanks, Beth See: Convert Currency ($500) into words (Five Hundred Dollars) at: http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0001.htm -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Beth" <junk@blueogre.com> wrote in message news:l6Xej.27894$4V6.9751@newssvr14.news.prodigy.net... >I am trying to get a r...

saving an imported file as xl template
I have an excel template and i imported data from another application how do i save it to that template? I do this everyday. Thanks Dakota Are you looking for a macro suggestion? If yes, then try recording a macro when you do it once. Post back with some more details if you get stuck. dakota wrote: > > I have an excel template and i imported data from another > application how do i save it to that template? I do this > everyday. > > Thanks > Dakota -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

File Sharing
I have been trying to set up a folder to share on my home network. I go through the procedure and click done, but the folder does not show up as being shared. (I do not get the little icon on the folder). When I try to see it from the other computer it is not there. The printers are all there, and the windows preset folder are there. I disabled password and made sure that file and print sharing were enabled. The only computer I am having the problem with is the VISTA computer. The XP and Win7 work fine. Where am I going wrong? Thanks in advance Chris "Chris...

Web Browser Control on MFC View will crash application when view is destroied after loading XML file
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C61216.9AE57FB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Dynamically create an web browser control and put it on a view in a MDI = application. Navigate the control to a XML file on the local machine, = with style sheets in the same directory. Then, after closing the view, = the application will crash in about 2 minutes. And it consistantly = throws an exception at this line in wincore.cpp // call original wndproc for default handling if (bCallDefault) lRes...

How to copy a file from a disk to a specified sector of another di
Hi, I want to perform the following operations given below. 1. Read a file from a disk 2. Write the same file to another disk 3. In the second disk the written file should be on the same cylinder/track/sector as it is on the first disk. Hoping to get a reply soon. TIA. regards, Jahfer V P. you can't do this at a file level. Thanks Vipin "Jahfer V P" <Jahfer V P@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:846B7A49-C2FC-405C-8B96-4CF48356717A@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I want to perform the following operations given below. > > 1. Read a file fro...