How do you copy plain text from a Word 2007 document?

I was wondering if there is a way to copy only plain text from a Word
document, without all of the formatting information?

No - but you can paste without the formatting information into Word 2007.
What are you trying to do?

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"turnsouth" <turnsouth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I was wondering if there is a way to copy only plain text from a Word
> document, without all of the formatting information?

0
Graham
4/28/2010 5:18:16 AM
Hi turnsouth, hope you are well.

Perhaps you might like to try performing a Save As... to the document then
select the Plain Text (*.txt) from the Save as Type drop down box when saving
the document.

This will allow you to save a copy of the document in plain text format.
From here you could then copy the contents of the plain text document to the
clipboard to do with as you wish.

Hope this helps, or you are able to find your answer in here.
--
Kind regards

Melanie Remen

"turnsouth" wrote:

> I was wondering if there is a way to copy only plain text from a Word
> document, without all of the formatting information?

copy
How can i copy the contactcs i have in outlook from my desktop to my laptop? Create a new .PST file, copy the contacts to it, copy the file to a disc and then copy the file from the disc to the laptop. Make sure you remove the read-only attribute from the file, open it in Outlook using File | Open, and copy the contacts to the laptop's default Contacts folder. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:97714DC5-7483-48B8-B3FC-FA8DB594CCE9@microsoft.com...

outlook 2007 calendar week view
Hi, I am using mostly the calendar in week view, settings 1 week mo-su workday 8am till 10 pm, time scale 60 min which (almost) gives me a full view of my week. Although I like the improvements to outlook, what unbelievably irrates me is the fact that when move back and forth to this view it always shows (scrolls) to 2am as a starting time (I am not a morning person, and I will in 99.99999% of the cases have nothing going on before 7am so all what comes earlier is completely useless to me. Is there anyway to changes this so I can see all till midnight (I do stuff late evening) without...

Text being truncated
I don't know if this should be posted in here or with Access because I'm not sure which application is causing my problem, but I'll start here. Someone within our company has an Excel spreadsheet that contains comments in one column. They import this information to Access to run some queries and then exports it back to Excel (I don't know why they do the import/export), anyways, once they export it back to Excel, some of the comments are truncated. Is there a limit that Excel will accept or maybe Access can only export a limited amount of characters. I didn't...

saving documents
if I add pointers to the document class as member variables, how does mfc save the data when I save the document at runtime? I'm worried addresses are saved rather than the actual data. wanwan wrote: > if I add pointers to the document class as member variables, how does > mfc save the data when I save the document at runtime? > > I'm worried addresses are saved rather than the actual data. MFC doesn't save the data (or the pointers). If you use the serialize feature of MFC then the data is saved by code that you must write in the document Serialize function. B...

converting a wpd document
How can i convert a document created in word perfect to word for mac 2004? Unfortunately Mac Word dropped the WordPerfect filters long ago. If you know a Windows user send them a copy & have them Save As a .doc for you. If you need to do this on a regular basis MacLink Plus Deluxe is well worth the price: http://www.dataviz.com/products/index.html?sol=dt HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 10/31/07 5:44 PM, in article 1193867044.868742.31580@57g2000hsv.googlegroups.com, "lougulino@verizon.net" <lougulino@verizon.net> wrote: How can i convert a document crea...

Document is corrupt
I Try to open my files in Excel, but I have message : The document is corrupt and can't be opened. To try and repair it, use the Open and Repair Command in the open dialog (File Menu) and select Extract data when prompted. I'll try n still can't opened.. what must I do...?? Thanks.. Sometimes opening and saving in a different version of excel can help (sometimes not). If it is a corrupted workbook, you may want to try openoffice. Lots of people have said that it's recovered workbooks that excel couldn't. (http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD) If...

Help with word Macro
I'm in need of a macro to help me format upwards of 10000 word files. I have the two macros I will need to format each word doc, but I would like to automate this further by running it on a directory (including sub-directories). I'm not very familar with VBA so I'm stumbling through it. these reports will either have 4 or 5 inline images and each will have to be treated a little dirfferently. I have created the macros for those two situations. Sub ChooseMacro() ' ' Macro3 ChooseMacro ' Macro created 3/24/2010 by tith ' Determines which macro to ...

hairpulling-trouble with pasting a chart into word
Hi there, I do hope someone can help me - I'm going nuts. When I do this job at work, there is no problem at all, so am confuse why my laptop at home won't play ball. I have made sure (at least think I have) that all the settings are the same. I have a word document open and an excel sheet with the chart I want t copy into word, I uncheck the 'size with window' box (from tools>option - chart tab), yet, the second I paste into word it - sizes with th window, into a squished chart. What am I doing wrong? any help would be appreciated, Flos -- flos -------------------------...

I'-m g5etting5 spaces and numbers in my words indiscriminately.
Wh6en I type on my laptop numbers indiscriminately come up in my words like th6e in th6e words of th6is sentence. It sounds like either you're inadvertently pressing a number shift key, or your keyboard is going bad. Do you have an external USB keyboard you can connect to the laptop? If so, does the problem occur when using it, as well? (I'm assuming that the problem hasn't always occurred, and has recently begun, and that you've rebooted since the problem began.) -- Herb Tyson MS MVP Author of the Word Bible Blog: http://word.herbtyson.com Web: http://www....

Changing a text name within a cell based on file name
Hello, I wonder if it is possible to change a cell contents based on the file name. For example I am using Excel file 2003 in my workbook sheet 1 in cell A2 it is populated with a text field - company name "Zenith Manufacturer" and in cell A3 has the company location text field "Tampa Florida" I have about 50 reports. The file name on one report can be Sch88 (Zen) or Ex 1 (Zen), etc. All of the 50 reports have unique names, but has the same identifier within the parentheses (Zen). Here is my problem I have to duplicate the same 50 reports with a different compan...

Outlook 2007: Ctrl+Backspace spits out squares rather than deletes words
I noticed this in the beta release but shrugged it off as a beta bug. I see now that I should have reported it as a bug because it seems to have been rolled out in the RTM release. I have gotten into the habit of hitting Ctrl+Backspace to undo entire words of recently typed text. This is a great time saver. Unfortunately, in Outlook 2007, I am seeing the e-mail editor spit out squares (i.e. valueless Unicode character blocks). It's erratic; I can hold Ctrl down and keep hitting Backspace and it might create two squares, maybe five squares, maybe one, before it will finally "ca...

Moving or copying folders in Outlook
When I try to copy a folder between two accounts in Outlook, I get a message saying it can't be done as there may be private messages. I never got this message in 2003. Is this a security feature of 2007? How can I get around it? ...

Word count
Word 2003 Is there a way of counting the total words in a document, INCLUDING footnotes? hank you JB Please ignore post. I found the answer! JB "JB" <open@closed.com> escreveu na mensagem news:u0AuviooKHA.2076@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Word 2003 > > Is there a way of counting the total words in a document, INCLUDING > footnotes? > > hank you > > JB > ...

In Excel, using line wrap with text, some cells will appear as ##.
In Excel, using line wrap for text, some cells will appear as ######### on one line. Attempts to correct the problem by re-entering the format (text-line wrap checked-top alignment) do not work. Even copying the style from a "good" wrapped cell does not correct the problem. If it has to do with column width, double-click on the line between the column with the ### and the one to right, you 'll expand the column, exposing the full number. EX: cell A1 has ####, so position the cursor between the A and the B column headers, on the line until the cursor turns into a black lin...

Great Plains and SQL Server Clustering
Does anyone have any experience with Great Plains and SQL server clustering - either a Server cluster or Network Load Balance cluster? It is something we may start looking at, but it would be helpful to know if there are any deal breaking issues before diving in and spending a bunch of time on it. I have a couple of documents I can send you regarding this subject. Just send me a message. "YCI" wrote: > Does anyone have any experience with Great Plains and SQL server clustering - > either a Server cluster or Network Load Balance cluster? It is something we > may st...

Photos don't appear after insertion into Publisher document
I can see the selection handles but the photo itself is not visible. It does not show up in print preview mode either. Thanks in advance. View, pictures, detailed display. If this doesn't do it, try it in safe mode, if it works then it is possible your video driver needs upgrading. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Robert" <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76E6FDA8-EB3B-45BA-B494-129B02E44257@microsoft.com... >I can see the selection handles but the photo itself is not visi...

get spinning pinwheel when Word opens up...
Am running OS 10.3.6 (dual G5) with office 2004 academic version and all of a sudden when I open up word or Excel or powerpoint I the get an eternal pinwheel (I let it go overnight the other night). It seems to be hung up on "optimizing font menu". I've re-installed, but it didn't help. I put office v.X back on the computer and it runs fine. Anybody got any ideas? In article <1102690790.301771.21130@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>, aaron@timecodenola.com wrote: > Am running OS 10.3.6 (dual G5) with office 2004 academic version and > all of a sudden when I ope...

Unable to open/expand the file menu
When in Word I am unable to open/expand the file menu. It just highlights the word "File" but nothing happens when I click on it. All other menu's work just fine. I have ran a detect/repair but that did not work. Any help would be appreciated. Go to Tools > Customize > Toolbars. Select "Menu Bar" in the list and click the Reset button. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. butter wrote: > When in Word...

how can i print postcard onto A5 with 2 copies to a page
how can i print postcard onto A5 with 2 copies to a page without any margin If your postcard is the standard 14.65cm x 11.05cm you can't. If you don't care if it is standard or not just divide your A5 stock in half, each card will be 14.8cm x 10.5cm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "shree" <shree@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4444CA0A-6BD2-4724-A512-6DE9744F1623@microsoft.com... > how can i print postcard onto A5 with 2 copies to a page without any margin Hi Mary, than...

Microsoft Project Integration with Great Plains Project Accounting
I need to know whether is it possible to integrate Great Plains project accounting with Microsoft Project, and how does this can be done. Thanks in advance You should search the newsgroup. There have been multiple questions posted related to this topic and their is a common set of products available. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Mostafa Madkour" wrote: > I need to know whether is it possible to integrate Great Plains project > accounting with Microsoft Project, and how does this can be done. > > Thanks in advance ...

Great Plains should use Transaction Processing in SQL Server
This concerns Great Plains version 7.5 on MS SQL Server 2000 SP3. Day before yesterday a brief electric power outage occurred exactly while a user was posting a batch of invoices in PM. The database server and other network components were on UPS and did not fail in any way, but the workstation PC doing the posting was not on a UPS and it rebooted. This left the invoice batch in a sort of "half posted" state. In fact there was resulting damage in both the PM and GL areas of the database, because we have the system set up to post through in detail to GL. We first attempted...

Excluding Alpha character in text field by filtering.
I have a query based on a table./ I have one numeric field that has alphanumber entries: A2000-000; 101010010,A2004, etc.. I what the filter to exclude all records that have an apph beginning - ie. in eg. above exclude: A2000-000,A2004. How do I do this? Your assistance is greatly appreciated. You could use WHERE Left$(AlphanumericField, 1) NOT BETWEEN "A" AND "Z" or WHERE Val(AlphanumeriField) <> 0 -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Grace" <fhsmith7@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news...

Match Whole Word Only Advanced Find
Anyone know how I can match whole word only using advanced find? ...

RW - writing text
GP v 8.00 (no spack) In RW - in report header - i want to hard code some info like iso doc number etc etc and some address info - it lets me put in a certain amoutn of data then after that - say i type our company number in, then when i want to type in the next line of info - say street address - RW replaces what i typed with OTHER words also in the report header - randomly it looks like. items like address etc can also be taken from global fields i understand - but has anyone else seen this and is there a fix?? (maybe in a sp?) thanks Theo :) Theo I have experienced odd behavior in RW b...

office 2007 excel
i want to customize my toolbar by adding two buttons like making a macro toolbar that has two options below it .can anyone help? Hi Thomas Take a look at Ron de Bruin's site http://www.rondebruin.nl/qat.htm -- Regards Roger Govier "thomas" <thomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4967D479-51D4-4770-8F3D-95C79FE0344B@microsoft.com... >i want to customize my toolbar by adding two buttons like making a macro > toolbar that has two options below it .can anyone help? ...