How do I type labels with a border or picture? 01-14-10

I want to create labels for jars and containers and make the labels
decorative with either a border or a picture of fruit, etc.

See http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Sunshine Soo" <Sunshine Soo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to create labels for jars and containers and make the labels
> decorative with either a border or a picture of fruit, etc.

0
Suzanne

Windows Media Center
Pictures seem to be disappearing off of my computer and leaving behend a file, that looks like they may be archiving. I do not know how to adjust the settings and/or retrieve photos from this process. I have researched it, but nothing has worked so far. Any ideas? Thanks. TELL ALL DEMOCRATS TO GO TO HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "Shannon Scott" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message news:%232APFdk2KHA.4336@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Pictures seem to be disappearing off of my computer and leaving behend a > file, that looks like they may be archiving. I do not know how ...

Picture / Image, behind data ????
Hi, I have an image question. In MS Word, you can set up a picture to be displayed behind text. Why can't you do this in Excel. I would love to have certain images behind cell data. Is there a way to do this?????? Hi Chris if you want watermarks you may have a look at the following sites: http://www.xl-logic.com/pages/formulas.html http://www.rondebruin.nl/files/Watermark.zip HTH Frank Chris wrote: > Hi, > > I have an image question. In MS Word, you can set up > a picture to be displayed behind text. Why can't you do > this in Excel. I would lov...

Label Printing #4
I am finally at the step of barcoding my inventory. When I attempt to print an item's labels with the option "Quantity on Hand" and "Set Quantity" my printer only prints one label despite having several on hand. I am using an LP 2824 with version 1.3 SO and HQ. I can't seem to find any specific info in C-Source. Thanks in advance for any feedback. ...

Using column labels instead of column numbers
I am using Excel 2000 I want to create a module to avoid using a lage number of complex formulas. In Excel (Options) you can elect to use labels in formulas. Can I use labels in a module and if I can, how do I reference them? The reason for this is that I have to pass the spreadsheet on and the user is likely to insert columns, or reorder the columns, without thinking of the consequences. What I am hoping is that by using labels, if the column is moved the calculations will still work as they will still be referncing the correct data. I am doing a job which would be ...

Create Labels in Word
I am having difficulty creating labels using the mail merge wizard in word. I followed the directions exactly and it does not show my labels after I create them. ...

Picture Caption Text Flowing Over Picture
Printer says my captions (text underneath picture) are are flowing or printing over the pictures in my newsletter. My printout and hard copy look fine? any suggestions would be appreciated. I use MS Publisher 2000 Thanks Technically this should not happen with Publisher 2000, but it does. Suggest you give the printer a PDF file instead. That way you can be virtually guaranteed it is going to print the same on the printers system. -- >-----Original Message----- >Technically this should not happen with Publisher 2000, but it does. >Suggest you give the printer a PDF fil...

changing a series 'value' label to 'none planned' ?
I have 2 graphs which show planned and actual manpower figures for various work sites for a day. Sometimes there are no planned workers on site for that day and I would like to display 'None Planned' rather than the usual '0' which appears if there are none planned. Is this possible? -- neowok ------------------------------------------------------------------------ neowok's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=5940 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=274120 Hi, You will need to add a helper column t...

Bar code on bulk mail labels
The POSTNET bar code that Microsoft Word generates no longer qualifies for USPS bulk mailing discounts. Further, the bar code appears above the address and the USPS now wants it below. Does anyone know how to fix this? Hi Steve, I find it unusual that there has not been a big fuss over the bar code no longer qualifying for bulk mailing discounts. Do you have a link or something that points to this information? It's not a big deal to put the bar code at the bottom of the address instead of the top. Just add it last (put in a carriage return first) as you build the address in the Data M...

favorite folders #10
OL 2003, Windows XP home, SP3 Some of my Favorite Folders disappeared so I right clicked on them in All Mail Folders. However, when I close and then reopen Outlook the new folders are not in the Favorite Folders area. I noticed that it was suggested to use Start/Run: OUTLOOK.EXE / resetnavpane for this problem, so I tried this twice and all I got was two more lists of Personal Folders under All Mail Folders. How can I get the Favorite Folders to remain and can I delete the two new Personal Folders, or will that delete all my personal folders? Thank you. Caryl Are these two Personal Fold...

Why is there a border round my publication?
When i print a flyer i have designed in publisher 2000 there is a border around it which i did not create. It looks like it may be a crop mark but have turned this option off to no avail... Somebody please let me in on the secret as i need to print this flyer and if i use it as it is i will have to spend many hours using the guillotine cutting three sides off each A5 flyer i have created from an A4 sheet. You can klick the foto (selecting) and go to Line/Borderstyle at the top of your screen. The option at the top is NO LINE and it will NOT use any line. It is only for helping you such...

Creating an Address Book for home use and Christmas Card labels
What is the best way to set up an address book/phone book for home use? I also want to use this same book to print out label for Christmas cards. What is the best way to do all of this? Row 1 you have separate column titles for Lastname, Firstname, Address, City, State or Province, ZIP or Postal Code, Phone Number. Enter your data row by row for each person on your list. Then have a look at using Word for the Labels. For help on Word mail merge using Excel or Access as the data source. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateA...

Help with creating labels
I am simply trying to create some mailing labels from Outlook XP contacts but am having great difficulty. If I try to start the mail merge from Outlook, Word seems to get confused. The page setup bit doesn't seem to work correctly and I end up with one contact/label on a page. If I try to start the merge from Word, I am not sure how to locate the datasource (for outlook contacts). What is the best way of accomplishing this task? ...

How to re-assign mini-icons to *.html file types in WinExplorer?
Occasionally the mini icons in front of a files of a certain file type (e.g. all *.html) in Windows Explorer are lost. Instead an ugly dummy icon is shown. How can I re-assign the Internet Explorer typical blue "e" mini icons to them again? Resp. how can I don this in general for a file extension .yyy? Cindy Right click on the file and go to Properties and hit the change button = and then designate the program with which you wish to open the file. steve "Cindy Parker" <cypy@live.com> wrote in message = news:4c57d81c$0$6986$9b4e6d93@newsspool4.ar...

Linking cells 01-22-10
My excel skills are lackluster at best, but I am trying to link specific cells in 2 different spreadsheets and could use some help. What I would like to do is automatically update a column in one file when I enter info in another column in the other file. Basically I need the date to update automatically to show the last pick up date for specific suppliers.... for example, if we pick up from XYZ company on Jan 1, I need that date linked to that client, and then we pick up again from XYZ company on Jan 21, I need the date updated to Jan 21 on the second file. Hope this m...

Customizations 03-10-06
Hi, using the "customization" in "Settings" showed me an "E-mail" entity, althought there is no way to setup where to display it ("Areas that display this entity") and I'd like to find out how to adapt this!! Thanks for your helpfull reply, SturE Email enitity is a type od Activity, there is no way to modify display area for activities in user interface. You can try to modify sitemap.xml, but you will need some knowledge... "Sture Van de moortel" wrote: > Hi, > > using the "customization" in "Settings" ...

XSD/Schema: Who do I set a default for a date-type element?
If I specify a default value in an .xsd-File like this ... <xs:element name="element1" type="xs:dateTime" minOccurs="0" default="2004-02-10T00:00:00.0000000+01:00" /> .... and try to build a dataset with xsd /d Dataset.xsd, i receive an "value doesn't fit the datatype" error. I tried already formats like "2001-01-01" or "2000/01/01" with the same result. Does someone know the right format? This is my original file: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <xs:schema id="Dataset1...

Pictures in Publisher 2003 not showing.Why?
The pictures in my various brochures, ads, etc. have quit showing. Does anyone have the same problem? I know the pictures are there, they just will not show on the screen. View, pictures, detailed display. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Holly B" <Holly B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADD81B67-6937-49CE-9609-8028E41DA68F@microsoft.com... > The pictures in my various brochures, ads, etc. have quit showing. Does > anyone have the same problem? I know the pictures are ther...

faq: type of CArray as function parameter create errors
Hi, class CMyPoint { public: long x; long y; CArray<int,int&> m_intSegmentNo; CMyPoint(); virtual ~CMyPoint(); CMyPoint(const long &xx, const long &yy); CMyPoint(const CMyPoint &cmpt); CMyPoint(const CPoint &cpt); CMyPoint& operator = (const CMyPoint &assmypt); CMyPoint& operator = (const CPoint &asspt); bool operator == (const CMyPoint &rmypt);//const CMyPoint &lmypt, bool operator != (const CMyPoint &rmypt);//const CMyPoint &lmypt, }; .... class CSegment { public: CList<CMyPoint,CMyPoint&> m_PointList; CSeg...

Importing List from Excel to Word printing labels spacing problems
When I import my mailing list from Excel to Word to print mailing labels (30 per page) my labels have large spaces between the lines. For example they look like this: John Doe P.O. Box 000 City, State, Zip And then if I have a business name before John Doe it gets cut off. Is there a way to decrease the space between the lines so it fits better? I have figured out how to do one at a time, but we have 4,000 of these to print! I would like it to look like: John Doe P.O. Box 000 City, State, Zip Thanks for any help! Sounds like a question for a Word newsgroup, not...

Charts Line Types for Multiple Data Series not Printing Properly
Hi, I would appreciate any advice anyone has on this printing problem I am having with data series line types. I have a bunch of charts that each have 5 data series on them (lines) Some are solid line types and others are either dotted or dashed so you can differentiate when printed in black and white. The problem is when I print they are all coming out as solid lines. The dots and the dashes are not spaced enough apart so they come out as one solid line. I have double check that I do in fact have the proper line type selected. I am using Excel 2000 Thanks!!! ...

Mail Merge 03-12-10
I have a log that has multiple lines with the same individual that I am trying to merge into one page per individual in word, I have to do a more advanced mail merge. Assuming you are using Word for the mailmerge and Excel for the source see these sites for help. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 08:33:01 -0800, Brooke <Brooke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a...

Home based Job For Indian
Want the pleasure of life, don't worry, work 1-2hours/day and earn Rs. 10,000-15,000/month online from your home/cafe/office PC. For details write # ejob1189@rediffmail.com Please write the subject of mail as: "Job Inquiry" ...

disappearing e-mail 04-21-10
This has happenend several times: Vista; When I open my e-mail, some email just disappears, it's not in any folder, it's just gone. I''ve read other threads that say make sure you are are set to show all messages and I am. What next? "Trish1856" <pmf1856@cox.net> wrote in message news:C8EFF7C5-B8C5-4F52-8D9F-070299902F6C@microsoft.com... > This has happenend several times: Vista; When I open my e-mail, some > email > just disappears, it's not in any folder, it's just gone. I''ve read other > threads that say make...

To type I need to depress keys for twice as long as usual. Why?
Having inadvertently depressed a "shift" key for longer than 6 seconds, I have created a problem with typing. To type I need to depress the keys for about twice as long as usual, with an associated sound as well. I can temporarily correct this by depressing the shift key again for longer than 6 seconds but I need to make the correction more permanent. How do I do this? This is a Windows thing, not specifically Word. Go to Start menu > Control Panel > Accessibility Options (or in Vista or Windows 7, Ease of Access Center). Turn off Filter Keys. To prevent it from ...

Problem in permanent type add-in toolbar
Hi, I have been facing a issue with dealing with my add-in toolbar. I want to make my toolbar permanent so that use can hide and reposition it permanently(even after restarting Outlook). At the same time, I want to support my add-in toolbar for all opened Outlook explorer. I want to make sure that at any point of time there must be one and only one toolbar on any Outlook window. I have tried below methods but none worked: 1. Tried deleting toolbar on shutdown. This doesn't delete the toolbar and each restarting outlook adds new toolbar. Private Sub AddinInstance_OnBegi...