how do i see headers and footers on all pages

i need to see the same headers and footers on each page of a 9 page document
but can only get it to show on the first page!!

Either change the page layout to remove the different first page header
footer setting (so all pages share the same header/footer), or copy the
header/footer from the first page header footer to the subsequent pages
header footer.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"mwillia2" <mwillia2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i need to see the same headers and footers on each page of a 9 page
>document
> but can only get it to show on the first page!!

0
Graham
5/17/2010 2:00:40 PM
Most likely, you have the "Different first page" option selected in Page Setup.
On the first page, where you can see header and footer contents, activate the
header/footer area, for example by double-clicking on the header. Cut header
(and footer) contents and paste into the main header (footer). You can then
clear the "Different first page." For more on headers and footers, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"mwillia2" <mwillia2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i need to see the same headers and footers on each page of a 9 page document
> but can only get it to show on the first page!!

0
Stefan

keeping footnotes on same page using Microsoft Word 2007
I have lengthen decrease my bottom margin in the footnote and am having difficulty keeping a short line to separate the footnotes. Any suggestions? I find myself adjusting the text by inserting page breaks. Is there a more efficient way to go about this? Please let me know. See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BottomLine.htm for factors involved. See also http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/FootnoteOnDiffPage.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "NOLA" <NOLA@discussions.microsoft.com...

Easy way to see hex-ascii dump of file?
Is there an easy way to see a hex-and-ascii dump of file? I can write a VBA macro to read and format the data myself. But it would be so much easier (of course) if there already exists a (DOS?) command to do this, like an option to TYPE or MORE. (None that I see with HELP.) I am somewhat adept at using VBA in Excel. Is there a feature of that VBA that I can exploit, short of rolling my own? I am using Win XP SP3. PS: I discovered that I can use the DOS command DEBUG, viz.: `debug myfile >myout`, followed by the DEBUG "d" and "q" commands. Tha...

getting more columns and data onto one page in Crystal
Hello: Since you can only place so much data onto a "piece of paper", likely the answer is "no". But, even after choosing "Landscape" in Crytal (10.0), there's not a way of getting as many columns of data onto a report as I want--is there? Ideally, I'd like to get 14 columns on there but am running out of room on the right. Also, I have placed a cross-tab on my report that prints on multiple pages instead of just one. Of course, since the cross-tab has 83 rows of data, my guess is that there is nothing that I can do about this either. Is there? ...

Publisher doesn't see printer
Hi, I'm running Microsoft Office 2003 over WinXP/SP2. I created a Publisher document before I had a printer installed. I now have a printer installed and tested it with a Microsoft Word document. Then I reopened my Publisher document and clicked Print. It reported that I had no printer installed. I checked the Control Panel | Printers & Faxes. It reported my printer was present and ready. Is there a simple way to get Publisher to use that printer? Thanks in Advance, Richard Hi Again, I made some progress: The error msg I got read: ===================== Caption: Microsoft ...

Lotus Notes users do not see my Outlook signature correct
My signature looks perfekt in Outlook 2003 and XP versions. But when the signature is received by Notes users, the background pictures are missing and the table text is moved to the right. I have searched IBM web sites and forums for any Best Practices when designing HTML for Lotus Notes, but found no solution to the problem. Has anyone experience with html that are presented correct in Notes ? Thanks -- Jesper Frier www.jesperfrier.com Is there a Lotus notes forum available? They would have the best answer, not an Outlook group. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replie...

HELP dogs & cats in China please! [MUST SEE]
mms://a805.v9135e.c9135.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/805/9135/0029/peta.download.akamai.com/9135/downloads/jcruel_china_dog_med.wmv ...

Email file does not retain same page content
The receiver of the email receives it with page 1 contents flowing onto page 2 . Page 2 picks up at end of the overflow and so on... Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice BizTalk: Incorporating conditional If / Else Functoid Logic in a map. http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/f6fc20ab-5c6a-4f04-8a0b-bba39e4bbcf0/biztalk-incorporating-co.aspx <Jetty donaldson> wrote in message news:2010416115618jetreal@cox.net... > The receiver of the email receives it with page 1 contents flowing onto page > 2 . Page 2 picks up > at end of t...

export excel to Front Page
I'm trying to copy a page from Excel to FrontPage for our church web site. It will be the schedules for each service. I have created the excel doc on my computer and saved it as a web page. The church web site is already published on line created with FP2003 and running on a Windows/ASP server with Front Page Extensions activated. I am only somewhat knowledgeable with both Excel and Front Page and am just volunteering to do this for my church, so I would really appreciate any help you guys can give me. I pretty much need to be led through this stuff step-by-step...sorry. So, here...

Same heading on every page
Hi all, Basically a small problem here. Was wondering if it is possible to se my exel spreadsheet to have the same table heading for every pag automatically instead of having to cut and paste all the time. Fo example, a column of "serial number" may drag over many pages so ho can make the header "Serial number" of that column appear automaticall everytime the numbers continue to a subsequent page? Thank you! Rgds, Ra -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Go to File / Page Setup / Sheet tab and use the 'Rows to repeat at top' option. -- Andy. ...

Hyperlink in Footer #2
Is this possible? If not, is there a way of changing the font when you assign a hyperlin to a group of words? I would like the keep the font bolded Arial bu when you assign a hyperlink to it, it switches automatically to norma and underline (so you know it's a hyperlink-- but I will know what i already). Is this possible? Finally, on an unrelated question, how do you get the forumla/type/tex bar to show up on the Toolbar? I can't see when I'm making correction what the text says very easily. I somehow lost this toolbar function. TIA -- sabunab -------------------------...

Need help - Save as
In new Outlook 2003, when I highlight several e-mail in my Inbox & select File, Save As, it only saves the Headers of the e-mails & not the headers & the body - in my old Outlook 2000 it saved both - can any one tell me how to correct this? I have a program that read the Saved As file & processes the data in the e-mails & I can't find where to change any option to fix this... though I have read & read & read... thxs much !!! What format are the messages and are you using the old Ol97/2002 pst format or the new Unicode format? We're seeing issues ...

In Excel, COLUMN HEADERS ARE NUMERICAL
I don't know what I've done, but my columns are numerical 1, 2, 3, etc not the typical Column A, B, C. Also, my functions all read something like this: R[-1]C+R[24]C[2] How can I get my spreadsheets back to normal? tools>options>general>r1c1 -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "dstach11" <dstach11@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:52764F92-BC69-4193-BA78-65850E8EB8E2@microsoft.com... > I don't know what I've done, but my columns are numerical 1, 2, 3, etc not > the typical Column A, B, C. Also, my functions all...

How do I format publication design after page 18?
After I hit page 18 I could no longer format the publication design onto the page. Thought it might be considered the back cover but I even tried inserting pages and it still happened. Any suggestions? What formatting are you using? Text? When you setup your project did you use a wizard? What version of Publisher are you using? Have you tried, insert page, duplicate all objects on page XX? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "gw" <gw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91BA1FA9-6AA2-44C7-81D...

How to Add page numbers to a excel spreadsheet?
-- redhead Page numbers are printed in the header or footer of a worksheet. On the File menu, choose Page Setup. On the Header/Footer tab, use a predefined header or footer from the dropdowns, or design a custom one. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ redhead101863 wrote: ...

Why does Publisher not allow multiple page email newsletters?
Just received Publisher 2003. I'm trying to make an email newsletter and trying to incorporate the "more details" links embedded into the template. However, if I want that to be a link to another page in the document, it doesn't work if I send the .pub as a message in an email. It doesn't work any way I save it, .mht, .tif, etc. I'm curious why I had to spend two days sorting out the whole "more details" links through the help files only to find that they're useless unless I have it link to some other arbitrary site. I bought publisher for thi...

Changing the way the home page looks in M07
Hi, I got a new widescreen monitor for Christmas. Is there a way within Money 07 to change the home page layout to allow more than two columns of customized items? Also - off topic - since Road Runner no longer supports news readers, does anyone have a suggestion on how to pick one which offer good value at low or no cost? Mark "Mark Fields" <mark_no_spam_f@siscom.net> wrote in message news:OlUFFK3ZJHA.6036@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I got a new widescreen monitor for Christmas. > > Is there a way within Money 07 to change the home page layout...

i see the Close of win95 + more
and a Hand fill of 98's too! 273 News Groups @ Microsoft Communities up to data 2:06 PM; June 6, 2010 "Hot-text" <hot-text@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:71644402-9D98-4B3F-B048-11E72C546D37@microsoft.com... > and a Hand fill of 98's too! ...

The new CRM VPC "Cannot display web page"
I am attempting to run the new CRM VPC image. I have an internet connection and everything else seems to have downloaded properly, but I can't launch CRM. Neither through Outlook nor Web client. Any suggestions? Thank you! maybe you have an IP address conflict? Change the network settings within the virtual pc console to "local only" and restart the system. "Suzy" wrote: > I am attempting to run the new CRM VPC image. I have an internet connection > and everything else seems to have downloaded properly, but I can't launch > CRM. Neither through Ou...

Count Number of Subgroups in Group Header
I have a report with two groups and a detail section. The groups are Location and Person and the detail lists services. I already have a count of each service per person and each service per location. What I need is a count of each person per location. I've done this in the Location footer with no problem, but I need to show it in the Location header instead. I have a text box with a control of =1 that sums over the group in the Person group header. I just refer to that text box in my location footer and all is good. But when I try to refer to that same text box from m...

What would you like to see in a demo?
I am going to be giving a presentation on how to use Microsoft CRM to grow your business, and I'm thinking of focusing on two things: 1) Operational tips to improve efficiency and productivity (e.g., using workflow to automate tasks, customize the Site Map to match your business, JScript, etc.) 2) Analytical/reports/dashboards to derive knowledge from the data and drive continuous improvement (e.g., where should we focus our marketing dollars given lead source effectiveness). If you were attending this presentation, what would you be interested in seeing/learning? I would suggest...

Going to a page depending on a combobox or a number in a cell
Hello everyone, I've a problem and been searhing for so long and still need help. I want to use a Combo Box as a shortcut list that will choose a sheet to go. For example; When I choose "Poems" form the Combo Box list, I want Excel to open the sheet "Poems". Alternativley; If there is a number in cell A1 as "1" than go to (or jump to) "Sheet1", if the number is "2" than go to "Sheet2" , if the number is "3" than go to sheet "Poems" etc. etc. How can I make this? Really need help.. Kindly regards....

IE will not access Windows update page
Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage browser address shows: <http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com> "updates are ready for your computer "KB952069" will not install and notification continues to pop up after automatic updates says "Installation Compete" Dell Mini 1010 Windows XP Home 32bit SP3 1gb RAM I cannot access Microsoft Windows Updates. All other sites work just fine. Original issue: Could not install any programs Software ran: Malwarebytes, Adaware, Spybot, Trojan Remover and CCleaner After finding various critters affecting PC...

Word does not print pages after a certain page
After page 10 of my document, there is a section break and the page numbering changes from Roman numerals to Arabic numerals. Word does not print any page beyond page 10 in this document. It does in other documents with similar characteristics. You must include the section number with the page number; see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/PrintMultipleSections.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Alphy" <Alphy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DBBB58F2-000B-465F-8BC7...

Making page fit inserted picture
I inserted a jpeg picture and resized it to be 4"by 6". How do I make the Publisher page equal to the picture (i.e. no white space around the picture, so that the page is the same size as the picture) Setup your page 4 x 6. You need to create a custom size in your printer 4 x 6. If you do not create a custom printer size then Publisher will print multiple copies per page. It would help to know what version Publisher you are using. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Jeancho" <Jeancho@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A67D046-AE87-4D99-9B9C...

How to change a publication's start page number
I have created a series of publications and I want to start page numbering for each publication at a specific number..........it was able to be changed under Tools>Options in 2002 but I can not find this feature in Publisher 2003. Can anyone help? Thanks. Wombat146 <Wombat146@discussions.microsoft.com> was recently heard to utter: > I have created a series of publications and I want to start page > numbering for each publication at a specific number..........it was > able to be changed under Tools>Options in 2002 but I can not find > this feature in Publisher 2003....