how do I scan a medical record into a word document?

how do I scan medical records into a Word document?

You'll need OCR software that converts the scanned image into an editable
format.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Concerned Mother" <Concerned Mother@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how do I scan medical records into a Word document?

0
Stefan
5/7/2010 6:30:12 PM
See the following page of fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website:

http://www.gmayor.com/scan_into_word_2007.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Concerned Mother" <Concerned Mother@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:C4F2669F-C240-43C7-A79F-545E8E19DFB4@microsoft.com...
> how do I scan medical records into a Word document?

0
Doug

Update Records Pop-up Form
Hi Everyone, Help is really appreciated. So I have a form where the user can input data on three different text boxes then click on a 'search' command button and with simple code the results are filtered on the same form below in other text boxes. All this is linked to a single table. So I've set up this results text boxes Enable/Locked property to Yes because I don't want to allow the user to edit the data on the same form. However I've created an update command button which opens a new and more simple pop-up form where the user can modify the data. The problem ...

Calendar
I view my Calendar in the "Month" view. How can I make the entry into each cell do a "word wrap" so I can see the entire contents of what I typed in there? Not sure you can, but if you hold your mouse (hover) over the item, does it show you the full text? michaaal wrote: > I view my Calendar in the "Month" view. How can I make the entry > into each cell do a "word wrap" so I can see the entire contents of > what I typed in there? "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrot...

I cannot transfer an Access 2007 relationship diagram to Word 2007
I have created a relationship diagram in Access 2007 and I want to show this in a Word 2007 document. There seems to be no way to export from Access or import from Word. My attempts at exporting from Access produced a diagram of nothing in Word in that reports are transferred as .rtf. What about pressing Alt + PrintScreen on the Keyboard and pasting it into a word doc? Evi "robertdbadias" <robertdbadias@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AED994B3-6DCE-4930-86E3-D496BEC0AED5@microsoft.com... > I have created a relationship diagram in Access 2007 and I want ...

Convert a word address and data list to excell
I help with a food pantry and the existing cliant data list was created in word seperated by commas. I am told to put all 1500 or so cliants in to note pad, then put them on one line (data of each cliant seporated by 7 commas and their children seporated by ;) then I can put them into excell. Well I am only up to the C's and have been doing it for 3 weeks now. Plus we keep adding new ones every week which are not in order now. If anyone could help me with this I would so appreciate it. Thank you Beverly Hi if they're still in Word, select the list and choose edit / replace in...

right margin makes narrow document. how to move to right?
In Word, clicking on "New", resulting available space has right margin only about 2/3 of the width of the page. This makes for a narrow document. I tried Page Setup, but cannot move the right margin. Can you tell me how to do this, please? Thank you This usually indicates that you have Track Changes on and Balloons activated and also you have this setting activated in the Normal.dot, from your desciption that is happens when you start a new document. Change the Use Balloons to Never from the Track Changes tab in Tools Options and the turn off Track Changes but d...

Stamp date for every record change
Hello! I need to know when and who made a change to a record. Is there an easy way to do this? The problem is that the data can be changed through both forms and queries, so programming the event for every form/query is impractical. Is there any 'global' event that fires when a record is saved or something? In Access 2010 (released later this month), you will be able to use Data Macros to do this. In current versions of Access, there's now way. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html...

Inserting a word
Hi I have a row of cells, each with a different word, being part of a description. I need to insert a word, the same word, in front of the words in each cell? please let me know how to do that, if it can be done. thanks and regards Daniel Daniel, you could use a helper column and put in this and fill down, then copy and paste special over you data ="newword"&" "&A1 or with a macro Sub Add_Word() 'will add newword in front of whats in the used range in column A 'Change to your range Set rng = Intersect(Range("A:A"), ActiveSheet.UsedRange) ...

Windows Explorer
Is there a way to keep Windows Explorer from opening My Documents, with its many folders I never asked for, whenever I open a new Explorer window? TIA LAS On Dec 15, 9:02=A0am, "Laurel" <FakeM...@Hotmail.com> wrote: > Is there a way to keep Windows Explorer from opening My Documents, with i= ts > many folders I never asked for, whenever I open a new Explorer window? > > TIA > LAS See if this will help you: http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/article01-419 Where would you like to open? Paste the following into the "Target" fiel...

Configuring ISA and Exchange
Hi, Is there a single or at-a-glance article that lists the steps i need to perform to publish my OWA using ssl bridging along with details of certificate installation, forms-based authentication configuration, etc...? On Fri, 9 Jun 2006 11:19:02 -0700, Jack Dorson <JackDorson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Is there a single or at-a-glance article that lists the steps i need to >perform to publish my OWA using ssl bridging along with details of >certificate installation, forms-based authentication configuration, etc...? isaserver.org On Fri, 9 Jun 20...

File type on Open document window
At this time the "Files of type:" default in Excel is "All Microsoft Excel Files. I would like to change the default to "Micorsoft Excel Files". The reason for this is that I only want Excel files opening not Excel files and Web files Thanks for the help. I think excel (office?) likes to help. It'll remember the last setting until you change it. You could "prime the pump" by building a macro to display just *.xls files, but I've found it easier to just type: *.xls as the filename and hit enter. Not quite what you wanted, but maybe good enough...

Page Break if next value of field in previous record is not consec
I have a report used to display box numbers by category (record series). I have the report grouped by RSNo, then sorted by BoxNo with a page break forced when a new RSNo occurs. Additionally, however, there should be a new page if the box numbers within the RS are not consecutive. For example, if the box number in RS1 are 1235, 1236, 1237, 1240, 1241, and 1242 I should end up with two pages. The first page should have 1235, 1236 and 1237 and the second page should have 1240, 1241, and 1242. I thought I could do this using VB and an if...then...else statement such that If BoxNo.Curr...

Merging several documents .docx
Hello, I have several files separated of Microsoft Word 2007 .docx created I am trying to create a program with C# and Open XML that combines or adds all these documents of them 1 .DOCX file. Example. I have for example. Doc1.docx, Doc2.docx, Doc3.docx, Doc4.docx, Doc5.docx, etc and I want to combine or append them into just one MAIN.DOCX. (Main.docx = Doc1.docx + Doc2.docx + Doc3.docx + ...) Thanks ...

Word, Form Fields and the Enter Key
I'm using the code below to the Enter Key will behave like the Tab Key to go between Form Fields. The problem is that when using the Enter Key, the Form Fields do not get Formatted, as they do with the Tab Key. By the way, after using the Enter Key, if I go back to the previous Form Field, and then exit that Form Field with a right arrow or Tab Key, that Field will then show the proper formatting. Can someone please show how to modify this code to work properly? Thanks for your help, Bernie ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------...

Save word doc as non-editable and place watermark over the text
Hi, 1) I'm wondering if I can save a word document as non-editable? I want to prevent others from copying my text. 2) Is it possible to place a watermark over the text? It is impossible to prevent anyone you allow to view your text from copying it. You can merely make it more difficult. Yes you can add watermarks to your document. A watermark is simply a graphical image placed behind the text. For it to be of any use, you need to save the word document as a graphical image, or series of images (SnagIt will do that) then save the resulting graphic(s) as a PDF. It will no...

How can I search for a document in office 2007 VISTA?
-- joni In the File > Open dialog, use the Search box in the upper right corner. It will find the search term in file names, in the text inside files, and in file properties such as Keywords or Comments. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. ...

Word 2007 strange characters?
When I edit Word Documents I open up a document/Letter, etc, with all sorts of weird characters in the document or letter. How do I edit a previously created Word file and get it to look like a normal document like they did with Word 2003? See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=923505 "How to install the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack so that you can use earlier versions of Excel, PowerPoint, and Word to open and to save files from 2007 Office programs". Artreid wrote: > When I edit Word Documents I open up a document/Letter, etc, with all > sort...

Word Wrapping in Excel #4
I have already tried the auto fit, it still doesn't adjust the ro again. But thanks, I guess this is just a bug that will continue to happen -- Mandy1 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Mandy11's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1300 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27632 Do you have lots of text in that cell. I've seen excel just drop the last few(?) characters. If you put =len(A1) in an empty cell (adjust the address), what do you see? And with lots of text, if y...

Outlook locks up on forward or reply when using word as mail editor
We have a user using Outlook 2002 connected to a local Exchange 2000 server. When the user forwards or replies to an item in the inbox, and the mail editor is set to use Word, Outlook locks up. Using Outlook as the editor and all is fine. Please advise... close word, rename normal.dot and see if it helps. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Search for answers: http://group...

Word
why does keep losing my sentences I type??? Are you using a Notebook type computer with a touch pad mouse thing. If so, you might be inadvertently selecting text that you have typed and then pressing the next key on the keyboard will be causing it to be replaced by the character that you have just typed. -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "blrbb" <blrbb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B6655DB-4388-4954-B181-696BC16D153C@mic...

Word 2003 cannot be used as email editor
At one time, I was able to use Word2003 as my email editor in Outlook2003. Now I am only able to use it to create new mail messages. If I try to forward or reply to an existing message, I get the following error: "Microsoft Word is set to be your e-mail editor. However, Word is unavailable, not installed, or is not the same version as Outlook. The Outlook e-mail editor will be used instead." I have tried doing a detect & repair, same error. Uninstall/reinstall, same error. Uninstalled, rebooted, deleted the "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office" and "C:\Pr...

Word+Excel
Hi, help me, please, I have workbook in Excel 2000 with 12 sheets with the same names of fields (changes only dates) and I need to every sheet was merged with diference file in the Word application. Thak you for your time and your advice. Lucka ...

Publisher will not print, but Word and EXCEL do
I have a printer problem using MS Office Publisher 2003. My friend just installed a Brother MFC-3820CN USB printer to his Windows XP Home (V2002 SP2) computer. He can print from his Word and EXCEL (2003) programs, but not his Publisher (2003 SP1) program. When the “Print” function is selected in Publisher, the following message appears: “A printer has not been installed on the system. Install a printer for Publisher to use. The fonts in your publication may look different as a result of the printer selection.” The printer functions fine in all the other programs. Currently, Publisher ...

Accessing custom document properties
Anyone know of a way to access and display the custom document properties in Excel? Thanks ... ...

Exporting a smartlist into a excel / word template document
can anyone point me in the right direction to show me how to export a smart list into an existing excel or word document. Many Thanks Jc Export into a new document, then cut and paste into your existing document BTW...We are throwing a party at Convergence 2008 aboard an ocean going cruise ship. Come join us there! Visit http://www.AccoladePublications.com for details. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "jason chance" wr...

250 record limit headache
I've been importing many contacts into CRM where they are supposed to be owned by different users. I have discovered that in 3.0 you can't import the owner, like you could before, so you have to import with owner (me as I am SA). I would like to change the ownership by creating a view, but I can only see 250 at a time (max). How can I re-assign over 250 contact as well as sharing more than 250 (closer to 3000 contacts)? For an application that has been "proven" to work well with the 250+ user count, I'm finding the assigning and sharing very limited to very sm...