How do I remove ~WRL0000.tmp files?

Two days ago one of my MS Word folders I was working in started to accumulate
a lot of ~WRL1234.tmp files.  Usually these disappear after I leave the
folder, but today they're still there.

How can I delete them?  And how can I reset things so they don't start
accumulating again?

Many Thanks.

See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Tim wrote:
> Two days ago one of my MS Word folders I was working in started to
> accumulate a lot of ~WRL1234.tmp files.  Usually these disappear
> after I leave the folder, but today they're still there.
>
> How can I delete them?  And how can I reset things so they don't start
> accumulating again?
>
> Many Thanks.

0
Jay

Opening file question
When opening a file direct from my documents excel opens but the sheet does not get displayed. Although if you then click print preview the content of the sheet is there. Tried opening excel and then opening file and this works fine. Not a major problem but annoying. Any one shed any light? Cheers, Ash. I think xl is trying to help you. Excel wants to keep the window settings the same way as they were previously. If you saved your workbook in less than a full window, then the next time you open it (via double clicking with no existing xl instance running), it will open it the same win...

Line Feed XML File
I am using SqlXmlCommandType component to generate an XML file in a VB.net Console Application. Everything ran perfect except one thing. I need to know if there is anyway to make this XML file Line feed file. In other words, I need to put each tag in one line instead of mixing them up. Do I have to create an XSL file to do this transformation, or there is another way on the .net framework to do it? Nader Shahin wrote: > I am using SqlXmlCommandType component to generate an XML file in a VB.net > Console Application. Everything ran perfect except one thing. I need to know > if ...

Copy files from one directory to another...
Is there some simple code to copy files from one directory to another? Basically what I want to do is create a little app for my wife so she can plug her digital camera in to the computer, double click an icon on the desktop, the app runs and copies all the image files from the camera to a directory on her computer, then deletes the images off the camera. I do know the directory names for both the camera and the destination. But I won't know the names of the files. Please help. Thanks, Fred One thing I left out, the camera's memory stick comes acts just like a drive on the comput...

ask help for DLL Export Library Definition File
Hello, guys! I got a problem when I build an MFC App which call a MFC Extension DLL that has implemented some API, but I don't know where is the problem, in DLL, in dll def file or in MFC App? the API like this: ___________________________________________________ head file extern "C" AFX_EXT_API long WINAPI PassThruConnect ( unsigned long ProtocolID, unsigned long Flags, unsigned long *pChannelID ); cpp file extern "C" long WINAPI PassThruConnect ( unsigned long ProtocolID, unsigned long Flags, unsigned long *pChannelID ) {....} and its def file like this: __...

Automatic document file name & path in all new document footers
Will an Office template or other function enable automatic footers on all new documents that includes the file name and path? How? Yes, if you add the Filename \p field to the template footer. It's not advisable to do this in the Normal template, however. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Dora the Explorer" <Dora the Explorer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6569F09-768E-4F1C-9C31-366EB9290794@microsoft.com... > Will an Office template or other function enable aut...

Excel open file as text
is there a way to tell excel when opening new file, treat is as text? i.e. even if there is a 00000 value leave it the way it is New workbooks don't have values. Do you mean open a *.txt file in Excel and have values treated as Text. Open the *.txt file and the Text Import Wizard will pop up. In Step 3 select all columns(Shift + click).......Column Data Format>Text. Finish. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 11:52:38 -0800 (PST), "alexseys@gmail.com" <alexseys@gmail.com> wrote: >is there a way to tell excel when opening new fil...

Unable open file with SP-3 but can open with Excel SP-1
Guys, I am having issues opening a file using Excel Sp-3 that was created with Excel SP-1. I can open it in Excel SP-1. Any ideas what could be causing this? Thanks John Hi what happens exactly? >-----Original Message----- >Guys, > >I am having issues opening a file using Excel Sp-3 that was created with >Excel SP-1. I can open it in Excel SP-1. Any ideas what could be causing >this? > >Thanks > >John > > >. > Basically it crashes and ask is you want to send an error report to Microsoft. John. "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet...

date of JPG photo file which is taken
hi, i am using a lot of photos taken at a construction cite,and i have to write the date of JPG file which is taken to excel sheet. how can i get the date VBA property of which is taken at cite. I mean the date of taking photo thanks Go here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/exifclass/ Download the (zipped) source code - extract the "cls" file and import to your VBA project (it's for VB6 but seems to work fine in Excel VBA). Example usage: Sub Tester() Dim exif As New ExifReader exif.Load "D:\Pics\2009\CIMG1730.JPG" Debug.Print...

Sharing a money file on a server
Money 2004.... I have my Money file on a shared folder on a server. I have two client computers that I wish to be able to access this file from. I have Money 2004 installed on both clients. The trouble seams to be that if one computer is running the Money fike is locked even if Money 2004 is not running on that computer. Thus the second computer cannot acces the file. Is there a fix for this? Thanks Kevin Maybe. You're lucky you haven't corrupted the file outright. Money was not designed for simultaneous access to the data file from two apps. It can get ugly. Consider yoursel...

Removing duplicate entries?
Forum, Is there a quick way to remove duplicate entries in my document? I am cutting and pasting dates into excel, and I have 859 entries so far. The problem is that many of them are identical. Is there a way to have excel remove the duplicates so only one remains? I've tried the "filter for unique records" method that the Microsoft Office Assistance said to do, to no avail. Thanks in advance! -- The Kid ------------------------------------------------------------------------ The Kid's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32478 View this...

Help, how do I import a CSV file when Negatives are in Parenthesis
I am attempting to import a Comma Separated Value (CSV) file into an MS Access 2007 mdb table. The table consists of text and numeric (defined as Double) fields. Unfortunately, negative amounts are NOT enclosed by double quotes in the CSV file, instead the are enclosed with parenthesis signs. Example: "10,485.16","24",(42),"16.35",(835.33) Currently, when I import the CSV file, the negative amounts are NOT imported. I need assistance with how to import these negative amounts. Thanks in advance. "ND Pard" <NDPard@discussions....

Regular data file imports
We have a General Ledger file that is beining imported by Users on dialy basis into excel from a text file. The column widths are identical every day. Currently the Import wizard is used on a daily basis to split the dat into the selected columns. How can I have the file automatically complete the format when the fil is opened or after the file is opened. The file will have a different name each day. Is there an easy way or will a macro have to be written. Thanks ca -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I receive a 4,000+ line bank statement each month in text format and h...

File sizes
When sending large (file)size pictures I notice that Outlook splits the E-Mail into a number of seperate pieces. They are then sent seperately and then Outlook puts them back together at the other end. Does anybody know what's the maximum size is before they are split up? I'm asking as there are often long gaps before the first and last piece is recieved at the other end. Thank you. I believe this is a user defined option. (Look on the advanced tab of your POP3 account setup) -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to recent events in spam and malicious programs, all e-mails sent to this acco...

overwritten file
I have accidently overwritten a very important excel 2003 file. Is there anyway to recover the file? Regretfully, no. It is gone! You will need to restore it from your backup disc (you do have a backup disc, don't you?) best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "jap786" <jap786@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BCD7663-BE44-4B31-BB6A-141E386EF29B@microsoft.com... >I have accidently overwritten a very important excel 2003 file. > Is there anyway to recover the file? ...

Zip files using makeDirZip.exe
Hi All, I need to zip subfolders which resides under the parent folders which are 201003,201004,201005(for each month). Under the parent folder.example 201003->Titles->then many sub folders for each day of the month,I need to use MakeDirZip.exe to only zip sub folders for each day under the root folder(201003) which is 2 months old from this month. Please shed some light on it. I am trying to use, C:\test>makeDirZip.exe i=\\<filer>\c$\cdc dubug='yes' purge='no' which is zipping every single date folder no matter whether this month or 2 months ol...

How do I merge two files in Excel?
How do I merge two Excel files, each with a different name and different data? Thanks...Mike Hi you may provide some more details: - data layout - HOW you want to merge them - etc -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Chem303" <Chem303@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:BACC8208-C906-4B80-A3B7-6DFD260C00A4@microsoft.com... > How do I merge two Excel files, each with a different name and different > data? Thanks...Mike ...

What happened to the functionality of the ObjModel header files?
I'm porting a MFC application from MSVC 6.0 to MSVC 7.1. In our older version, our code makes use of several header files from the ObjModel directory. These directories have been eliminated in the 7.1 version. Where can we find the functionality that was part of these files? ...

How to open a large excel file?
I have a large excel(66MB), but when i try to open it I find that Excel can onle open no more than 65000 row data.I also try to load the excel file from Access,but it also cann't run.So how can I load the data in the file without 65000 row data? Die Tastatur von alex lee wurde wie folgt gedr´┐Żckt: > I have a large excel(66MB), but when i try to open it I find that > Excel can onle open no more than 65000 row data.I also try to load > the excel file from Access,but it also cann't run.So how can I load > the data in the file without 65000 row data? What you describe is...

Corrupt MNY file Corrupt Backups
After a system crash and a reinstall I can not open any MNY or backup files. I have run Salvage.exe and was told irrepairable. I can not open the file to do and "import/export" I have ensured they are not read only. I read the public forums but most fixes assume you can open the file or the backup to repair it. Is there anyway other ways to repair my data? Not sounding good here. See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q104. But it sounds like you have exhausted most of your options. But I am kinda mystified why a "system crash" would mung a Money file. Are you sure you h...

File Format Incorrect???
I am trying to add an expense category to microsoft deluxe 2003 in the buinsess account. When I get to the creating a withdrawal and chose a category a message pops up saying: "The format of the tax deduction eligibility criteria table file (TaxDC.tbl) is incorrect." "The file has somehow been changed so that Money cannot read it correctly. You should either set up Money again, or download a new version of this file through the Internet Update." When I do the update, nothing is fixed . When I search for this file on my computer I don't find it. What can I do ...

How to insert Open File action in the IF Function?
Hello, How can I insert the Open File action (w/o any other messages) in the IF function - =IF (A1=A2,"C:\TRUE.WAV","C:\FALSE.WAV") or smth like that. I don't know how to write a Macros at all, so if anyone willing to write it for me I'll be grateful, though explanations will be required. My global problem is that I get some data from the web (the links are refreshing automatically) and I wanna do some kind of check - if the data is useful for me than a sound will be played to inform me, if not - silence. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-u...

File size limitations of .pst file?
Is there a limitation within Outlook as to how large a .pst file can be? Has anyone found problems once the file achieves a certain size? I have read that a file size greater than 2 gig will cause problems. My problems begin around 1.5 gig. Yes I have plenty of room on my computer >-----Original Message----- >Is there a limitation within Outlook as to how large >a .pst file can be? Has anyone found problems once the >file achieves a certain size? >. > For pre OL2003, using 2003 format, the limit is 2gb, however problems can occur if greater than 1.6gb You can endup ...

trying to open .CHM help file
Can anyone help me please? i am trying to open a .CHM help file via a command button on my form. I have tried using SHELL but that doesnt work, presumably because it is not a .EXE. any help greatly appreciated Already answered in another newsgroup to which you posted the same question. If you feel you need to post to more than one group (HINT: it's seldom necessary), please have the courtesy to cross-post (send the one message to all groups at once), rather than multi-post (send individual messages to each group). In this way, all responses to your post will be available together, ...

How to Change File Extension
Hi All, I am new to VC++.NET. I have a stuck with a problem. I am creating a temporary file in C:\Windows\Temp directory. The file name would be <filename>.tmp. Now if I want to change the extension to some other extension like ".doc" or ".xml" , how can I do it? Is it possible in VC++.NET. In one of the post, I saw we have to invoke IDR_MAINFRAME. But I am not finding any such thing in VC++.NET. Thanks, Yesh use CFile::Rename "yesh" <yeshwanth.hv@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1160729614.279921.50800@b28g2000cwb.googleg...

Moving Public Folder Database Files
We have exchange 2003 SP2 on a Windows 2003 Enterprise server. All I want to do is move the Public Folders database files to a new drive on the same server. Is it as simple as dismounting the Public Folder Store, copying the database files and pasting them to the new drive, pointing the Public Store to the database file locations on the new drive, and then mounting the store? The Transaction logs are remaining in their current location - they are not being moved. Would there be anything more to it then that, anything I'm missing? On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 08:15:01 -0800, raz4183 &...