How do I reinstall Office only using the product key?

eI've just had my computer fixrd and can't find Micrsoft word . I'm using
Office Home and Student 2007. The disk is missing. I'm told that I can
reinstall by using the product key. How do I go about doing this?

Download the trial version and use the key to install it -
http://us20.trymicrosoftoffice.com/free-download-microsoft-office-home-student-2007-download.html

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"swingoutsister" <swingoutsister@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> eI've just had my computer fixrd and can't find Micrsoft word . I'm using
> Office Home and Student 2007. The disk is missing. I'm told that I can
> reinstall by using the product key. How do I go about doing this?

1
Graham

F1 is opening Office Online instead of Help.
I work helpdesk and recently someone pointed out that F1 is now opening Office Online instead of the Help task pane. I can't find where that setting resides to change it. In Tools-Customize-Keyboard, F1 is assigned to the Help command. Any ideas? I can't find any reference to this change anywhere online. We are running Office 2003 SP3 on Windows XP Professional. This only happens in Word, all the other Office apps open Help correctly. Thanks! In the Help window, you should be able to click Online Content Settings; this opens the Service Options dialog box. In the O...

Saving graph when using =(RAND) #2
Aha, the goal of this is to see on the same chart, all of the different iterations from pressing F9. Ultimately, I'd like to see something like 500 different lines on the same chart. Is there a less manual way to accomplish this? :) -- deacs ------------------------------------------------------------------------ deacs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2321 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=271282 ...

GP 2010 running with Office 2007 in a Citrix environment
Everyone, We are planning on upgrading from GP 9 to GP2010. We have some local installs of Great Plains and a few people use Great Plains from Citrix (so we have a mix of local & Citrix GP users). We have Office 2007 installed on our Citrix servers. Has anyone been running in an environment like this successfully - meaning GP2010 (locally and thru Citrix) + Office 2007 (via Citrix)? We just want to be 100% sure that GP locally or thru Citrix will play nicely with Office 2007 on Citrix. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks in advance! -- Elizabeth Elizabeth -...

Using variable defined as As Font
Hi, I wish to extract all the font properties (Name, Bold, Colour etc) of a cell (eventually I will be doing this on a character by character basis within the cell) into a vba variable that I can manipulate within a macro. I thought of defining the vba variable As Font, as it has all the necessary properties, and simply doing an assignment. The code below shows my first attempt: Option Explicit Sub Test() Dim Highlighting As Font MsgBox Cells(1, 1).Font.Name Highlighting.Font = Cells(1, 1).Font MsgBox Highlighting.Font.Name End Sub The first MsgBox tells me the font name correctly bu...

I'm using about twice as many bytes of memory as the size of the file
Hi! I received this text marked with * below as an answer on a mail for several days ago when I used method CompressFile_1 for compressing file that is located at the bottom. *This will only work with text files, and you may even lose some information after going through the StreamReader and then the StreamWriter in case the file has some characters that don't fit into the default encoding that you are using. And besides, you read the whole file into memory before writing the compressed file. In fact, since the string is stored as Unicode, you are using about twice as many by...

Student Version Office '04
I installed student version - 1 on my laptop, one on my desktop. All was fine. Then I put it on my daughter's new desktop, but must've used the wrong key code (comes with three). Now none of us can use office at the same time. Problem is, when I go to reinstall any of them, there is no place to enter the key code. Any thoughts? see here: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/office/pid.html Bully4You@officeformac.com wrote: > I installed student version - 1 on my laptop, one on my desktop. All was fine. Then I put it on my daughter's new desktop, but must've used the wrong k...

Office 2004 won't update
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Trying to install "Office 2004 11.5.0 Update" but get the following error: "The installer could not locate the correct version of the software required to install this update. See the Read Me file included with this installer to determine if your software meets the requirements for this update." The Read Me don't say boo... Searched around for why, but didn't find anything... "bubba@officeformac.com" wrote: > rying to install "Office 2004 11.5.0 Update" but get the ...

Pointer will not select text or invoke hyperlinks in MS Office
My mouse will not select text or hyperlinks more than once in an application session in any Office programs. It will select text once (for example text in a word document, cells in an Excel book or a link in an outlook e-mail message), but if a second or subsequent attempt to select is made text is not selcted and highlighted or the link is not invoked. I first experienced this issue using MS Office 2007 having upgraded to Windows 7 - I now have the same problems with MS Office 2010 Beta and have found a solution to the problem with neither version of Office. This problem does no...

Problem in replying when using word as editor
Hello, I have a problem that when I use word as the editor and I reply to a message the original message is either erased or written in garbaged symbols. This doesn't happen all the time just in certain messages. I think it is when someone sedn me the me in unicode 8 and/or the fonts are of a certain type. Can you please help me solve the problem? ...

how to use CMFCListCtrl
First off, I am new to programming for MFC, let alone Windows. I'm a Senior in college in CS, and have a decent grasp on programming concepts. So please bear with me if I make any crazy assumptions :) I am trying to make an application that essentially lists messages that get streamed into the system. So I am wanting the main view to be a CListCtrl, however I also want some of the added functionality of the new MFC feature pack's CMFCListCtrl, however I'm not sure how to use it and cannot find any tutorials or examples that use it. My app's main view is a CListView, ...

Using Time as axis, and displaying info on plots
Hi every one...i've been racking my brain out on this one. I'd like to come up with a way to display things better. Background: I am making a running worksheet that has events fo multiple days. each day has a varying number of events. In order t effectively display the data for my boss, the best way is to do it on 24 hour clock instead of the standard 12 hour clock. This allows us t see patterns occuring at certain times. The way I have it currently set up is converting times to angles an using the days as magnitudes. Basically doing a polar chart t cartesian conversion. This...

Using files from lotus 1-2-3
I am using Office 2003 with Microsoft XP Home Edition. I open files previously saved in Lotus 1-2-3 as *.XLS. I am able to edit and add data to the file, but when I print the file it has a dense, large, black overlay of the first characters in the file name, obliterating much of the data. This shows in the print preview and in the final printed copy. How do I eliminate this overlay? Hi Alpan, as far as I have learned during the past years the Lotus 1-2-3 converter to MS Excel is not quite good and has several issues. Have you ever tried to leave the Lotus1-2-3 file as it is and l...

Primary Keys
I have a table of data where the primary key is a short code. A number of these codes are grouped together to produce a reporting group. I have now encountered a problem where i have had to set the report name and the short code as primary keys, as i am overlapping on the short codes. The problem is that i can no longer amend data in my report, while in a datasheet view and somebody else is in the db. The table is linked to another table using the 1st primary key as a link Do you know how i can resolve this issue? ...

Can't get navigation keys to work on Excel
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I used to be able to get the navigation keys (the ones with the arrows) to move from cell to cell on Excel. Since I installed Snow Leopard, that just won't happen. Any ideas? Make certain that you have all Office & OS X updates applied as well as any available firmware updates for whatever model of Mac you have. If you're using a 3rd party keyboard check the mfr's site for a driver update. Also, repair disk permissions & restart your Mac. There is no known conflict of that nature - ...

Primary key constraint 'PKMS73527'
Does anyone know what this primary key constraint error message means? I'm getting it when I try to combine a customer using customer combiner tool. It's only happening with one customer, all the other customers worked fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It means that you will most likely end up with a duplicate document number if you combine the customers. You will need to identify such document numbers and make them unique for the same document type. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.co...

Reinstall SP2
I need to reinstall Exchange SP2. Is there anything I need to know, or do before reinstalling it? Are there any known "gotchas"? Are there any docs on this? Thank you. Ed On Sun, 6 Aug 2006 07:34:13 -0400, "Ed" <ed.jackson@americantower.com> wrote: >I need to reinstall Exchange SP2. Is there anything I need to know, or do >before reinstalling it? Are there any known "gotchas"? Are there any docs on >this? >Thank you. >Ed > Same as applying it the first time. Good backups before and after. Stop any 3rd party services. Re-apply ...

Using Sales for Outlook from home
Is it possible to use Sales for Outlook from home, i mean, not on a vpn to your office network? If i take my laptop , which has Sales for Outlook installed, since i m able to use Outlook, as long as i have internet access, can i also have access to my CRM? Responses are much appreciated. Yes, you can use it from home. It is possible to "Go Offline" with the Outlook SFO. After that you can work with the Outlook SFO without a online connection to the MS CRM server. When you are back in the office you can go "Online" and all your changes will synchronized. -- _____...

how do you calculate "dividend yield using Excel?
Can you calculate "dividend yield using Excel? If so, how? There are a couple different approaches to dividend yields. The mos straight forward and simple is just dividing the annual dividend for company by the current stock price. This would be a simple divisio issue. It can also be calculated over some period by using th dividends over that period divided by either the beginning (typical) o average during that period and then annualizing. Don't think you nee any special function here, but if you are doing the second metho above, you can actually use the Yield function assumin...

Using OE with my Juno e-mail account
I use Juno e-mail but I noticed that I also have Outlook Express on my computer which I would prefer to use. Is there a way to send and receive e-mail using OE but keeping my Juno address and service? I have a standard dial-up connection. OS is Win98SE. If this is possible, I would need simple, step-by-step instructions for setting it up. Thank you, Relztrah Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You ca...

How do I eliminate non-used dates (weekends) from a chart?
My data uses only week day dates. The chart that results from it is adding weekend dates even though they don't appear in the range for the X axis. It leaves gaps in the chart as a result. Nanoking, One option is to reference your X-axis series with a formula that converts the date to text but still leaves the "text" date looking like a date. For example, assuming the data below starts in cell A1, convert column A to text by using this formula: =TEXT(A2,"mm/dd/yy") col A col B col C Orig. Date Text Date Data 01/01/04 01/01/04 5 01/02/04 01/...

what is the keys to stop recording, i cant press it when making a.
i'm trying to make a macro that will be on my excel worksheet, and its function is to load the userform that was made in visual basic, but when i load the user form it locks out the screen meaning i cant press stop recording, i'm wondering if theres a key combination for stop recording.... No key combo that I know of, but you can go to Tools-Macro and when you bring up the dialog box, you will see a "Stop" command. "Lante" <Lante@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10906D38-155E-48BD-8109-B8B16F15B164@microsoft.com... > i'm trying to...

my office 2004 for mac CD just got lost
my office 2004 for Mac CD just got lost, is there anyway I can get a recover one at all? pls advise, thanks!<br><br>Rick Yes. Call Microsoft. If you can prove you have paid for a licence, they will sell you a new disk for about 20 bucks. On 17/01/08 5:24 PM, in article ee88ef5.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "phantom@officeformac.com" <phantom@officeformac.com> wrote: > my office 2004 for Mac CD just got lost, is there anyway I can get a recover > one at all? pls advise, thanks! > > Rick -- Don't wait for your answer, click here: http://www.word...

Make Outlook stop asking if I want to install the Office Assistant
I am using Office 2002 and using MS Word as my email editor. On the first new message I compose each day, Outlook stalls and stalls and stalls while it checks to see if the Office Assistant is available, finds that it's not installed and then gives me a dialog box asking if I want to install it. I don't, and I'm getting sick of telling it "no" all the time. How can I turn this darn thing off so it stops asking? Thanks. Robert Insert the CD and do a repair on Office. You might need to reapply Servicepack 3 and additional updates after that. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MV...

To allow a different unit of measure when using SOP/POP Commitment
Would like the ability to use a different unit of measure for Inventoried Items when using SOP/POP Commitments. For example, if I have an Item on a Purchase Order where I am ordering 2 Cases (1 Case equals 10 Each), I would like to link the Item on the Sales Order document where all quantities of 10 Each are back ordered to the Purchase Order Item. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, f...

Modify Callout Written in VB using VS 2003 after upgrade to CRM 4.
Hi, We've recently upgraded to CRM 4.0 with no issues. After ensuring the Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Callout.Base.dll was available in the GAC of the CRM server the callouts functioned as they should. However, I found a bug in one of the callouts so want to alter the assembly to rectify the bug. I've already recreated the callouts using plugins which work fine but I want to alter the callout as well because we have clients that will soon upgrade to CRM 4.0 who have callouts and don't want the added expense of migrating these to plugins. They will want changes made to the ca...