How do I "print" without "saving" in word 7?

When I attempt to print in Word 7, instead of printing (after I receive the
print dialog box and press ok), a Save dialog box appears.  If I say okay to
this, the image disappears and the document does not print.  All I want to do
is print a document or envelope with out saving it.  How do I accomplish this
simple task in word 7?

The printer you have selected as the default is probably one that creates a
file, such as the default XPS Document Writer (or whatever it's called) or a
fax driver or the Adobe PDF printer.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"sallyk." <sallyk.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I attempt to print in Word 7, instead of printing (after I receive
> the
> print dialog box and press ok), a Save dialog box appears.  If I say okay
> this, the image disappears and the document does not print.  All I want to
> do
> is print a document or envelope with out saving it.  How do I accomplish
> this
> simple task in word 7?

0
Suzanne

saving print settings in Excel 2000
I have default print settings that I use (I can't remember how I did it - I got a tip from somewhere). However, when I export a report out of a certain application to Excel, I must modify print settings because it creates its own workbook and doesn't use these defaults. Maybe you could record a macro when you change the print settings once. Then save that recorded macro. When you need to change the print settings, just open this macro workbook and run the macro via: tools|macro|macros... kenw100 wrote: > > I have default print settings that I use (I can't > rem...

Print publications are saving as Web publications unintentionally
Have been producing church bulletins using Publisher for some time. Bulletins are usually 8 pages and print in booklet form. This week everytime I save the publication as a Print Publication, it becomes a Web Publication (when reopened). As a Web publicxation, printing is all screwed up . . . converting to Print Publication only works until you close and reopen the document and printing remains messed up even after conversion. Are you using the same bulletin over and over? What version Publisher are you using? Have you tried a detect and repair? Sounds like you have some corruption goi...

saving an excel "print preview" view
I have created a document in excel with text and images, I love the way it prints and the print preview "view", looks great, does anyone know if there is a way to save that view to a pdf or another type of file or even in excel so it can be emailed as a document. The excel view is not astecially pleasing. thx Hi Jane, If it's just the one page, you could use Ctrl+Print Screen (copies the window) and paste it into word, etc. Hope this helps, Gav "Jane Harwood" wrote: > I have created a document in excel with text and images, I love the way it > prints...

Rules -- Saving/Printing
I've compiled my own list of rules to handle spam that is very extensive and has taken months to put together. Does anyone know if there some way to save or print this list? ...

Print Issue and Saving Issue
Dear All Firstly, is it possible to use VB code to create a macro that allows m to save multiple worksheets in a workbook as csv files and the name o the csv files to be defined by the tab names... for example UK(Sheet1 would be saved as UK.csv... and so on... Secondly, is it possible to create a macro that prints define worksheets... I only want to print 5 pages of data if there's more tha 5 pages of data and if there's less than 5 pages of data, then prin all... hence all print outs should not be more than 5 pages... Also, a my vb knowledge is limited, i only know how to define my ...

How do I "print" without "saving" in word 7?
When I attempt to print in Word 7, instead of printing (after I receive the print dialog box and press ok), a Save dialog box appears. If I say okay to this, the image disappears and the document does not print. All I want to do is print a document or envelope with out saving it. How do I accomplish this simple task in word 7? The printer you have selected as the default is probably one that creates a file, such as the default XPS Document Writer (or whatever it's called) or a fax driver or the Adobe PDF printer. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words in...

Saving Printer Settings
Hello I am using a plotter to print visio drawing which is 122" W and 42" H. I set up printer and drawing custom size in the printer settings (PostScript) as well as in Visio. However, when I open up this file again, all printer settings are gone. I am not sure where I can change printer and drawing size settings on a permenant basis for this particular drawing. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated, thanks Syed On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 07:07:02 -0700, Syed Rizvi <SyedRizvi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello >I am using a plotter to print visio dra...

Saving Excel Macros on a File and Print server
Is there a way that an Excel macro can be saved on a File and Print server such that a user can use the macro from any workstation on the network? Excel macros live in excel workbooks. If you save the workbook to a server, then the other users could just open that workbook in excel and run the macro. They'll have to have excel. Bobo wrote: > > Is there a way that an Excel macro can be saved on a File > and Print server such that a user can use the macro from > any workstation on the network? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Printer settings not saving
When printing email from within Outlook 2000 (XP operating system), some accounts print in portrait and others print in landscape, although settings are landscape for each account. When going into Page Setup, it doesn't appear to save the settings. Can change to landscape, but after printing it may be back in portrait!!! ANY HELP would be greatly appreciated. thanks! CORRECTION... The settings referred to in message are portrait and the emails print in landscape. After changing to portrait and printing, it defaults back to landscape for some reason.. >-----Original Messag...

saving and printing take forever
I use Publisher for almost everything and I love the program but it takes forever to print and/or save large files. I mean large as in 8, 10, to 16 pages sometimes! I have used pagemaker and do not care for it but it is much faster in these two areas. Is there anyway I can make Publisher work faster or is it something I am doing wrong? Any suggestions please. Thank you. How about you tell us what version of Windows and Publisher you are using. Saving should be nearly instantaneous, and sixteen pages is nothing. Printing can at times take a while, but that depends on the content an...

Saving Print Settings
Doesn't Excel 2003 have a new feature whereby you can save print settings by user or purpose, rather than having to change them every time you print them? I can't find it. Depending on what you mean by print settings, you may find recording a macro when you print each report the easiest. Then you could just run that macro when you wanted those print settings. windsong wrote: > > Doesn't Excel 2003 have a new feature whereby you can save print settings by > user or purpose, rather than having to change them every time you print them? > I can't find it. -- ...

printing to XPS and saving XPS "as"
Hi - I have a "save as" macro that I would like to incorporate with my "print to XPS" macro. Can anybody help? I have this code: '' Save to XPS '''''''''''''''''''''''''''' Application.ActivePrinter = "Microsoft XPS Document Writer on Ne01:" ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1 Sheets("Credit History").PrintOut Copies:=1 Application.ActivePrinter = "HP LaserJet P1505n on Ne02:" '''''''...

Print format changes when saving as a PDF
Not sure if this is a Publisher question or Adobe question but I have made several flyers in Publisher and when I save them to PDF, the page setup modifications go back to default. Any ideas? What do you mean *back to default*? Are you using a template? You might save the file first and then convert. What version Publisher? Are you using Acrobat? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Joey" <Joey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18CF932A-A885-40AA-9876-7AA84F86C436@microsoft.com... > N...

Saving default printer
I work Tech support and I have a call where a user says that once someone else edits her Publisher document, it changes the default printer to what the other person uses. She originally said she couldn't print it but she just had to specifically change it back to her local printer. Both the users are in the same department and have access to the one printer. When I had her send me the document, it came up to my default printer but I'm in MIS and don't have access to their printer. I thought this could be normal for Publisher since it depends highly on printing but w...

Saving Report Print Settings in Access 2007
I've upgraded to Office 2007. I have several reports that I want to print using a certain printer, 2 sided and hole punched. I've used Page Setup to select the printer and properties I want. However, Access doesn't save my settings. According to the Help section, it should save the settings. What am I doing wrong? Yes, this is a bug in Access 2007. Microsoft has not promised, but we are hoping it is fixed when SP1 is released. In the mean time, I'm not aware of a solution, but is is possible to achieve the same effect by setting the Printer object to the right prin...

Saving print area as file
I want to save or print only the print area to a new file in an MS Office compatible format. Help! Highlight the print area, copy, go to your new file (in Excel??), and paste special, values. Hope this helps, Carole O "TexMas" wrote: > I want to save or print only the print area to a new file in an MS Office > compatible format. Help! Actually, I should have given more details. The excel doc is a quote form utilizing several validations and lists on the same worksheet. The end user needs to be able to push a save button or an email button and have only the infor...

Printing, or saving to Excel, directory tree
How can that be done ? Want folders and sub-folders only, not the individual files. Thanks, -- Steve Mc DNA to SBC to respond At a command prompt: C:\>dir /s /b /a:d >c:\dirlist.txt look for the c:\dirlist.txt file after the command is done. John Steve Mc wrote: > How can that be done ? Want folders and sub-folders only, not the individual > files. > > Thanks, > Make that: dir /s /b /a:d >c:\dirlist.txt the C:\> prompt was inadvertently copied from the command console. John John John - MVP wrote: > At a...

Vista 64 Bit Business not saving printer settings
Dell D830 Latitude T7100 800 fsb 4GB ram I have installed a lexmark wireless printer (X4550) all ok after installation, however when i shut down computer and leave office and return I cannot scan to computer I get the message on printer screen "Cannot retreive application list". so I re-installed all software and drivers again after first removing form computer and re-boot installed printer software again all worked. therefore I ask the community what is the solution? for my part I think it may be spooler problems in windows. I await comments from other members. ...

Using print dialog and saving the settings
Good morning all, I have checked this group and other groups for assistance on what I want to do and so far I have not found exactly what I am looking for. I have created a form that allows for label templates to be loaded to a single report on the fly. To accomplish this, the user opens the label creation form, which directs the user to open rptLabels in design view; all settings for margins, column count row count etc are loaded into the report, then the report is saved. The form the allows the user to save these settings to a table. This saves the report's PrtMip structure to a table ...

How to check Required Form Fields before Saving or Printing?
Hello, I know that required form fields issue have been considered many times, but I searched the Internet and I can't find the solution to my problem. I have few form fields in my documents. In each document there is a different number of form fields. All form fields in each documents are required. Employee needs to fill all fields and then save and/or print the document. What I need to do.. is to check before every Saving or Printing if all fields have been filled. If not, pop up a message with FieldName which is missed. How can I do this? I'll be very grat...

Trace Precedents (Saving Tracing to print)
Hello, I audit and give spreadsheets to be audited by someone else eveyday. I use the trace precedents/dependents frequently in Excel 2000 for me to see where caclulations are coming from. Is there a way to keep all the cells that I trace from losing the blue trace line when I recalculate the sheet? I would like to be able to print the tracing on my sheet so it is easier for others to follow where certain numbers are being calculated from. Kevin ...

I Need Help Saving Print Settings
I print alot of different saved documents everyday. Each document has to have its own print settings. For example, some files i need to print RGB Standard, others I need to print CMYK Enhanced, etc. It would really be helpful if these print settings would save to each file, and print the same way every time i open it, without having to change the print settings every time. I have tried to save the settings, but it seems that no matter what every time I open these files, Publisher and my print settings, will keep the same settings as the previous document. I am printing to a Xerox 7750. ...

Saving & Printing E-mails with Attachments
I want to save e-mails that I send with attachments so that the saved document will show the name of the attachments that were sent with the e-mail. I would also like to print these saved documents so the name of the attachments appears. Help..... ...

Print settings not saving
We use a duplex printer here at our office quite a bit for management reporting. The problem we are coming across right now is that when I set the print settings (more specifically the double sided option on the printer) and then save the file, other people that open up the file do not have these setting saved. For example. I set up a small file with 4 pages and set the double sided printing by going through FILE->PAGE SETUP->OPTIONS->FINISHING. Now I save the file and if I open up the file, the settings are still there. However, if someone else in my office opens the fi...

Excel not saving Printing Prefs with file
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC I am having troubles with excel documents that need special scaling and other prefs to print correctly. When I save the file the printing prefs do not seem to save with them. I have to reset it every time to get it to print correctly. Is Office fully updated (12.2.4)? This was a problem some time back but appears to have been resolved by updates. Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 3/16/10 2:16 PM, in article 59bb557e.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "cwilson@officeformac.com" <cwi...