How do I preview a template in Word 2007 before opening it?

I have a series of similar-named templates - for legal reasons, they cannot
be re-named. In the "old" version(s) of Word, there was a switch in
Properties that allowed a preview picture to appear in the template selection
window BEFORE selection. Is there such a facility in Word 2007?
ie, Selecting "New", "My Templates", a selection of templates appear. A
single click on each one used to bring up a preview picture.
If anyone has the answer, I would be so greatful for the time it will save me!
Best regards,
--
Pete

In the Save As dialog, check the "Save thumbnail" box at the bottom of
the dialog. You can add the preview to an existing template by opening
it (Office button > Open, and navigate to the Templates folder), then
immediately doing a Save As to the same name with the box checked.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 09:15:01 -0700, Pete Field
<PeteField@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a series of similar-named templates - for legal reasons, they cannot
>be re-named. In the "old" version(s) of Word, there was a switch in
>Properties that allowed a preview picture to appear in the template selection
>window BEFORE selection. Is there such a facility in Word 2007?
>ie, Selecting "New", "My Templates", a selection of templates appear. A
>single click on each one used to bring up a preview picture.
>If anyone has the answer, I would be so greatful for the time it will save me!
>Best regards,
0
Jay
4/21/2010 5:09:46 PM
But you might want to read
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/PreviewPicture.htm first.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Jay Freedman" <jay.freedman@verizon.net> wrote in message
> In the Save As dialog, check the "Save thumbnail" box at the bottom of
> the dialog. You can add the preview to an existing template by opening
> it (Office button > Open, and navigate to the Templates folder), then
> immediately doing a Save As to the same name with the box checked.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Jay Freedman
> Microsoft Word MVP        FAQ: http://word.mvps.org
> Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
> newsgroup so all may benefit.
>
> On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 09:15:01 -0700, Pete Field
> <PeteField@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>I have a series of similar-named templates - for legal reasons, they
>>cannot
>>be re-named. In the "old" version(s) of Word, there was a switch in
>>Properties that allowed a preview picture to appear in the template
>>selection
>>window BEFORE selection. Is there such a facility in Word 2007?
>>ie, Selecting "New", "My Templates", a selection of templates appear. A
>>single click on each one used to bring up a preview picture.
>>If anyone has the answer, I would be so greatful for the time it will save
>>me!
>>Best regards,

0
Suzanne

customizing quote merge template

open two different Access reports

Access 2007 and Vista code problem

opening .pst archives

Excel Opens Without Displaying Workbook

2011 Calendar templates
what's up with the calendar templates? why can't i find a 2011 calendar in Word 2007 templates or online. i would like both a 12 month calendar 1 month per page and the 6 months per page Can anyone help me? Thresa See http://www.spreadsheetguys.com/downloads/templates/calendar or http://download.cnet.com/Excel-Calendar-Template/3000-2077_4-10346449.html -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com &quo...

Publisher 2007 frequently crashes

Add PowerPoint 2007 to Office Basic

opening a .docx with word 2004

Outlook 2007 Calendar -> Outlook 2003

Effectively stoping open relay.
I have a client who started using exchange 2003 few days back. This client is having more than 12 subnets starting from 172.27.50.0, 172.16.0.0 to 172.27.0.0 and 10.172.172.0 & 10.172.173.0 subnets in different location in town which are conneted by DSL. This users are connecting to the Exchange server 172.16.5.25. Most of these users are POP3 users. I have 2 SMTP Virtual Server running. Default SMTP Virtual server 172.16.5.25 and the second for Externel. In the Mail connector I have added only the external as the local bridgehead server. In the relay properties of the internal I...

compact database in VBA access 2007

attachment previewers not installed?

How to install WCF templates?
How to install WCF templates for Visual C# 2008 Express Edition? I have Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition too and my computer is running on Winodws XP Professional. I can find WCF template in VWD2008EE but not in VC#2008EE. Any help would be appreciated Thank you Regards Raj On Apr 15, 1:55=A0pm, Raj <R...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How to install WCF templates for Visual C# 2008 Express Edition? > > I have Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition too and my computer is > running on Winodws XP Professional. I can find WCF template ...