How do I open a Word file after downloading it from the web?

After downloading a Word document from the web, the dialog box will not stay
open long enough for me to open the document.  How do I uncheck the "close
this window after saving" link on the dialog box as it won;'t dtay open long
enough for me to do it?

If you downloaded it, then you saved it somewhere on your hard drive.
Double-click on it there. Or it appears in the "Recent Items" list on
the Start menu.

On Feb 9, 12:27=A0am, Ed <E...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> After downloading a Word document from the web, the dialog box will not s=
tay
> open long enough for me to open the document. =A0How do I uncheck the "cl=
ose
> this window after saving" link on the dialog box as it won;'t dtay open l=
ong
> enough for me to do it?

0
Peter