How do I limit number of fonts available in Word

I only switch between a handful of fonts, when I work with Office products.
How do I limit the number of fonts listed? I've removed a lot from c: >
Windows > Fonts, but every time I open Word, I'm still seeing more than I'm
interested in.

Install file management software. Word displays all the installed fonts the
current printer is capable of printing.
Cheaper still format your documents with styles and ignore the font listing
altogether.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

Abi wrote:
> I only switch between a handful of fonts, when I work with Office
> products. How do I limit the number of fonts listed? I've removed a
> lot from c: > Windows > Fonts, but every time I open Word, I'm still
> seeing more than I'm interested in.

0
Graham

Change default font format in Excel
I have an existing workbook with cell text entries in regular black font. I want to make a number of additional entries in various cells in this workbook, and I want all my text entries to be a different font format (bold, red). Is there a way to do this automatically without highlighting each entry I make and manually changing the cell format? Thanks. Michael, Copy the code below, right-click on your sheet tab, select "View Code" and paste the code in the window that appears. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Cells.Cou...

Print Report "Bold" Font Category Name Problems
When I print income/expense reports in MS Money 2006 the category names do not print in bold, making them very difficult to read since they end up as the same font as the sub categories. On the screen, category names are bolded. Does anyone know how to fix this print problem? ...

Payroll Batch Number
Is it possible to obtain the batch number of a transaction after it has been posted? I have been asked to create a report for our payroll department that lists the batch number in addition to the transaction detail that is contained in UPR30300. Thank you, Jeff Majchrzak No, the batch number is not available for reporting. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Jeff Majchrzak" wrote: > Is it possible to obtain the batch number of a transaction after it has been > posted? I have been asked to create a report for our payroll department that > lists the bat...

Money Upate SS Number
Al of a sudden when I try to update my portfolio ZoneAlarm warns that my computer is trying to send My social Number. If I answer No I don't get the updates. Is this a new Feature or what. I believe some Banks use your SS number as username. Nothing to do with Money - it's what your Bank demands for you to use on-line services. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "PapaFrank" <maglick69@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:KdOdnb00...

Re: Update for Windows Vista (KB980248) -- No more fonts available!
cf. http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistawu/thread/f7fa37ca-683c-4be1-b4ad-ab2dd1249399 PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote: > Are you running Vista SP1 or Vista SP2? Is Office 2010 installed? > > Was KB980248 offered & eventually installed via Windows Update or did you > (attempt to) install it manually? > > What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your > subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than > Defender)? > What third-party firewall (if any)? > > Has a(another) Norton or McAfee ap...

in excel how can we put formula to convert numericalfigureto word
for example : in excel i have mention 25000.00 in numerical amount , i want to know how can i convert in next colum , about word ?/; How can i put formula to make the numerical in to words like 25000 in numerical to twenty five thousands in word. There is no direct functions to convert this. For a VBA solution check out the below links http://support.microsoft.com/kb/213360 http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/ValueToWords.htm http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "excel" wrote: > for example : > > in excel i hav...

Embedding worksheet into Word
Has anyone had the experience where when they embed a worksheet into Microsoft Word, a portion of the worksheet gets cut off? Is there an easy fix to this? ...

Creating a Microsoft Words document from an existing Excel spreads
Hi all, I need your kind guidance on how to create a new microsoft words document using an existing excel spreadsheet? At present, I have an excel spreadsheet, say "data.xls" containing data for example 6 fields such as COMPANY NAME, DATE, ITEM1, ITEM2, ITEM,3 & QUOTATION TOTAL. Under these 6 fields are some records of my customers. COMPANY NM DATE ITEM1 ITEM2 ITEM3 QUOTATION TTL ---------------- ------- -------- ------- -------- ------------------- ABC Limited 3 Apr xxxxx xxxxx ...

Auto formatting features: How do I align page numbers in publicati
I've got a problem with my publication. I can't align even page numbers to the left without automatic moving the odd numbers to the left as well? Can someone help me? Cissy99 wrote: > I've got a problem with my publication. I can't align even page numbers to > the left without automatic moving the odd numbers to the left as well? Can > someone help me? You need to create a two-page master rather than a one-page master. What version of Publisher are you running? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Nested Styles in Word 2003?
Is it possible to create a nested style in Word 2003? An example would be to make the first sentence of a paragraph Body Text bold but the rest of the paragraph plain Body Text. I have used this type of style with Adobe InDesign but haven't found a way to make it work in Word. It's not a big issue for me as I have used character formatting over the Body Text style where appropriate but I am curious. Word can do this, but not with "nested styles" (there is no such concept in Word). Instead, there is a way to apply a style to only part of a paragraph. See http://...

Send from Word
When I hit the send button in Word or Excell I get a pop up that say choose profile with Outlook in the drop down. That is the only name in the drop down. If I hit OK I get the following Message. The MAPI Spooler could not be started. Close and then restartall mail-enabled applications.MAPI 103 (0000004C7) If I choose to set up a new profile I get a Microsoft Exchange Setup Wizard. As I try to setup a new profile I come to the following, The following unrecoverable error has occured: The .DLL file for this service is either damaged or could not be found. Any ideas? Doug, What versi...

mail merge with word 2007 and a riso
I'm having problems trying to mail merge a word 2007 document with a riso. all goes well and I can preview all the documents and all looks good until I try to finish and print it on a riso, and nothing happens. It works on word 2003 but not the new version. can anyone help? Can you merge to a new document? If so, try using the following macro from fellow MVP Doug Robbins to split that document to the printer as separate jobs Sub SplitMergeLetterToPrinter() ' splitter Macro ' Macro created 16-08-98 by Doug Robbins to print each letter created by a ' mailmerge...

is DCOM error 0x00080012 (Not all the requested interfaces were available) not an error ?
Im checking the return value of a DCOM call by using the macro: FAILED(HRESULT). One particular function call returns the error 0x00080012 (Not all the requested interfaces were available) if the DCOM service is down. Calling FAILED with this HRESULT returns false, meaning that it isnt an error! I think it should be reported as an error as my program cannot call ANY interfaaces beyond this point and crashes. The FAILED macro checks the HR to see if it is negative and 0x00080012 is positive!? Any suggestions? Thanks Andy ...

Font problem
It seems that the Cambria Math font has recently acquired an extremely large Ascent and Descent. Has it perhaps always been that way and I've never noticed it before, or is it something recent, perhaps a Vista thing? Try the following code for example. For Arial and Times New Roman (and virtually all other fonts) I am getting pretty much exactly what I would expect (a TextHeight that is a bit larger than the point size) but for Cambria Math I am getting an extremely large TextHeight (I get exactly the same results using GDI32 methods). At this end (on my Vista Business laptop...

Unable to repy using word editor
When repyling to an e-mail I receive the following message, "This form requires Word as your e-mail editor, but Word is either busy, or cannot be found. The form will be opened in the Outlook editor instead". I found article 284900, that states you may get this message when you have office 2000 and office xp installed on the same computer. This is not the case on my computer, Office 2000 does not exist, only office xp. Can anyone help me? There appear to be a whole host of causes for this error message. Most have no solution. Here are a few that do: http://support.microsoft...

OAB field size limitations
Hi, we've noticed several user display names getting cut off within the offline address book. There appears to be a limit of 64 characters. If I look at the corresponding user entry in the "live" address book it displays correctly. If I search for the user in my copy of the offline address book it is cut off at the 64 character mark. Does anyone know if this is indeed a limitation of the OAB? I can't seem to find much about this anywhere. OAB property filtering for Exchange 2003 Service Pack 2 OAB Version 4 - http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman/archive/2006/04/29/586827.asp...

How do I break a large word document into smaller components?
I have a very large Word document (over 40 MB) that I update several times a year. I would like to break it into smaller components so that only the affected component would have to be backed up online. However, I still wish to maintain the ability to create a table of contents and index for the whole document. Is this possible and if so, what is the process to do it. I am using MS Office 2010 beta running MS Windows 7 Home Premium on a 64 bit Dell desktop. Hi RoadRoy, You can simply make multiple copies and delete whatever you don't want from each copy. For the mul...

Store limit in Exchange
I'm currently researching the migration of my organization's mail system to Exchange and see that the standard edition of Exchange has a data store limit of 16GB. If we were to do a front end, back end setup with two server and the back end server that has the data store were to reach the 16GB limit would adding another back end server resolve this? I read in another post that this would double the space. But doing this the users that are currently create would have to be split up and some moved to the new data store server correct? Also since the Enterprise edition allows m...

Mailbox Limit #3
I am using Exchange Server 2003 w/ AD 2003 and have a need to place a personal mailbox limit of 5 GB on one specific Vice President. It appears that this is not possible due to a limitation of approx 2 GB. Is there a workaround? Thanks Rustom i believe you can set that in ADSIEdit...I've seen a reference to that in this NG in the last few days... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Rustom" <RustomNB@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:unV6B8D2GHA.1292@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I am using Exchange Server 2003 w/ AD 2003 and have a need to place a >personal mailbox ...

Numbering Recurring Items #2
Hey all, Is it possible to number recurring items such as tasks and appointments? I have several recurring appointments for lectures, and would like to show them as "Lecture 1" in week/occurence 01, "Lecture 2" in week/occurance 2, etc. Thanks, Murdoc -- Murdoc ## ------------------------ "The journey of 1000 miles begins with a broken fan belt and a leaky tyre." "Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together." "If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." -Albert Einstein &...

Excel devides every number by 100
Even when I open a brand new file. I input a number (ie 5) and get 0.05 back. I have tried doing everything in cell format etc.. anyone have an idea? it is very annoying and adding loads of work to my project. thanks "=?Utf-8?B?a2luZ3M=?=" <kings@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:48A39EFC-2D09-420F-B2DF-6EF5C0DB6109@microsoft.com: > Even when I open a brand new file. I input a number (ie 5) > and get 0.05 back. I have tried doing everything in cell > format etc.. anyone have an idea? it is very annoying and > adding loads of work to my project. > ...

Making words in a list a value!!
I am trying to create a list that will generate a value in another column once that word or phrase is chosen. Is this possible and how. Exp. In the drop down list I would chose Product, then in the price column the price automatically appears. brco1, Much better than I could ever explain the process. Here's exactly wha you need. http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html HT -- Case ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Casey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=454 View this thread: http://www.excelforu...