How do I keep my toolbars showing all the time?

My toolbars used to show all the time.  Now they sort of retract and
disappear when I click on the page.  If I click on "Home" or "Page Layout"
the toolbars show.  But then they disappear when I click on the document.
How to keep them up all the time like they were before?

Double-click on any of the tabs and your RIBBON will come back.

On Mar 29, 5:03=A0pm, Marjon <Mar...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> My toolbars used to show all the time. =A0Now they sort of retract and
> disappear when I click on the page. =A0If I click on "Home" or "Page Layo=
ut"
> the toolbars show. =A0But then they disappear when I click on the documen=
t. =A0
> How to keep them up all the time like they were before?

48
Peter

show another column when hovering on a point in a chart
Is it possible to show another column when you hover on a point? I have 3 columns, A, B, and C for a scatter plot I have B and C as x and y coordinates of a point, and I'd like to have Excel show A when I hover on the point. thanks, Wei ...

Pivot tables in Excel
Yippee, I am so happy, I finally figured out how to trick excel into not showing the blank cell in a pivot table without limiting my data set! In the Pivot table layout move the field from row to page. Then double click on the field and click on the "blank" to hide it. Move the field back to row and hit finish. It seems like you always have to "trick" MS software to do what you want. ...

Outlook2003 : keeping a copy of PST on server
I can't seem find the place to make the change on the client's outlook to keep a copy of the pst file on exchange server. When I configured outlook I got the message to go into tools and select the option to keep a copy on server. I couldn't find that option and all mail was delivered to the client. When you go through owa all you will see is the new mail not delivered to the client. I'm going to hack at it and when I find something I will post my findings. But if someone already knows where to look I would appreciate that Thanks Norm found this article http://www...

Appointment times won't post correctly
On the calendar, appointments, meetings, etc. made or received show up on the date and time received or sent; regardless of the actual date or time of the appointment. Is there a setting that will correct this? I've exhausted myself trying to find a fix. Outlook 2003 There is a seperate calendar time zone setting that has to be set in addition to your system clock. Pain in the ass. Go to Options and then select Calendar. You should see the Time Zone button there. Set it accordingly, but be aware that everything in your calendar up to that point will change. "Keith Wilso...

office 2003 w/ windows 7 requires reacceptance ot T&C's each time
office 2003 w/ windows 7 requires reacceptance of T&C's each time i open work or excell or any office program. How do I get rid of this? Boot into Safe mode in Windows 7,open any Office app and then accept the terms -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "mouser830" <mouser830@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E7B7602D-F5D8-4559-98EF-A2CCC1E2D6FD@microsoft.com... > office 2003 w/ windows 7 requires reacceptance of T&C's each time i op...

Toolbars
I closed the toolbar that appears on the left hand side of the screen, it allows you to drag shapes and connection tools onto your project. How can I get that to reappear? In Visio 2003 go to the View menu and show the Shapes window. In prior versions you need to go to File > Shapes or File > Stencils and reopen each stencil individually. -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Josh" <Josh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E0EE512-D1F6-4836-A582-2F589B080F0B@micr...

Set default time zone for all users
Is there a way to make the time zone default to a certain value so that I don't have to go into every user and change it to the correct zone? No. Each user must change their own timezone settings. I have no idea why Microsoft do not pick up your computers timezone. Hopefully this will be changed in a version 2.0 release "Jack Black" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F5F4A10-B6AD-420C-9ACB-F73A13FDABB9@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to make the time zone default to a certain value so that I don't have to go into every user and change i...

Z Report shows zeros for an entire shift
How do I correct the problem described above? All receipts are printed correctly, and all transactions seem to be successful. However, the Z report that is run at the end of the shift prints all zeros? Any ideas??? I am having the same problem. All the transactions are successfull and I can see the sale amounts and etc at crstal reports but all the z, zz and x reports print "$0.00" amount. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? "Maakus" wrote: > How do I correct the problem described above? All receipts are printed > correctly, and all transactions seem t...

Outlook keeps Crashing #3
Soon after turning on Outlook 2000 I get the following message Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. I am prompted to select send error report and after I click send it closes/crashes Outlook. Please help Paul Try using the disc and reinstalling or choose the repair function from the office disc >-----Original Message----- >Soon after turning on Outlook 2000 I get the following >message Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and >needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. I am >prompted ...

Keyboard shortcut for current date and time
Hi, Ctrl+ ; inserts current date and Ctrl+Shift+; inserts current ti me Ctrl+Shift+; inserts the current time with the date serial as 0 and not the current date's date serial. Presently I am adding the two (ie current date and time) to get the current date and time. Is there a keyboard shortcut that does this? Thanks in advance. Regards, Raj CTRL+; then SPACE then CTRL+SHIFT+; -or- =Now() -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA http://www.mediafire.com/PrimitiveSoftware "Raj" <rspai9@gmail.com> wrote in message Hi, Ctrl+ ; inserts current dat...

why I see times new roman?
I have several html email messages composed in outlook express 6, I'm sure I highlited all text and set it to Arial 10. Then I drag the file to desktop, move it to vista windows mail draggin into inbox or other folder. The result is some parts of text shows arial 10 but some others Times new roman 10 or 12 what is annoying, because I use all arial 10, so I have to manually forward the email, highligh it again and set arial 10 and then, yes, I can see it properly. I checked the compose default font and everything is fine. Why is that? Is there any work around , helo...

Right Click Safari 404 and paste into Word 2008 only showing address
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Example. I open gmail.com. Right click on the Gmail logo to &quot;copy image&quot; not the &quot;copy image address&quot; option. Then, I open Word 2008 and paste. All I get is the address, not the logo image. If I repeat and use Text Edit (Apple) instead, it works as expected. Is this a bug with Word? Or am I missing a preference setting here set up by default that needs adjusted? Apparently it has to do with how Safari populates the Clipboard � I have no problem pasting the logo with F...

time #11
I have set up a spreadsheet with time based on what our company truck drivers work. We work under a DOT rule of 70 hours / 8 days. That means that the driver can not work more than 70 hours in an 8 day period. The sheets I have (one for each month) goes back 7 days plus the current day and calculated how many hours a day the driver works and subtracts it from 70, leaving how many hours they can work the next day. If the calculation gets to 0 or above, the cell changes color to alert me that the driver's 70 hours are up and he/she has to have 34 hours off before he/she can be on duty ...

Show / hide design grid
For some reason thedesign grid in one of the queries that I have created disappears. I can still see the tables and queries upon which the query in question is based but the actual design grid has gone. The grid cannot be located by doing a grid search using the scroll bars (all the way to the bottom; across to the right one step; all the way to the top; across to the right one more step\; etc etc) I cannot find any setting that will restore the query design grid and cannot find any reference to it on Google either. I have Googled "Show hide query design grid", "Cannot see...

prompting to save workbook every time (even when no changes made)
i have 3 workbooks all very similar and every single time i open any o them, even when not changing anything, i am prompted to save th thing. its so bad that i can literally open the workbook then click the clos button straight away and it STILL prompts me to save it because i seems to think something has changed. as far as i can see i dont have any macros or anything that will ru every time it starts and change something (i did have a = today in on cell which kept the date as today but taking this out made n difference -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Neowok! You prob...

Times Subtraction Whith Access
Hi I need to know how to subtract between two times variants and to get a time result (With Access). Like this: VarTime=[time1]-[time2] 10:05:40=18:05:50-08:00:10 Thanks Access really isn't intended to do things like that, but ?Format(#18:05:50# - #08:00:10#, "hh:nn:ss") 10:05:40 -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) <bennyzamir@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1175704084.566444.282820@b75g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > Hi > > I need to know how to subtract between two times variants and to get a > time res...

Open Continuous form with a few lines showing
Hi I have successfully implemented a continuous form to open at a new line with RunCommand acCmdRecordsGoToNew in the Load Event However, you have to manually scroll a little to see a few of the previous records. It would be nice to see up to 5 of these previous lines on Opening the form Is there a way to modify this code to do that? Thanks Neil Change the form's underlying record source to a Top 5 query. In a query's design view, right click in a blank area, and choose properties. Set the Top Values to 5, then adjust your criteria and order by clause to ret...

Unread mail not showing up in Inbox
Hi, My Unread folder in located the "Favorite Folders" section in Outlook shows that I have more unread mail than I can see in my Inbox. My Inbox is normally sorted by "Received" so I can see the most recent emails as then arrive. If I change it so that it is sorted by the "From" column, I can see all the emails in the Inbox that are appearing in the Unread folder. It is strange that they don't appear using "Received" though. Emails that fall under any rules are not affected by this so rules are irrelevant in this case I suppose. Also, some additio...

Showing future appointments on calendar
This is probably very simple to do but I cannot find the setting for it. Using Outlook 2002, in the Calendar view set to "Date/Week/Month view with auto preview", there is a space on the right top showing 2 months. Today's date is highlighted - as it should be. But appointments I have set up in the future are not highlighted or bolded on the monthly calendars. They used to show up on my previous PV but I cannot find the setting to show it on this new PC. I have selected "Bolded days in Date navigator represent days containing items" in "Format Day/Week/M...

How do I register my content to show up in WMP?
I've got original, confidential content that will be distributed, but it is not commercial (therefore, allmusic isn't appropriate). Where can I register the content (as with gracenote) so that album and track information will display for anyone using WMP to play the CD? I've got CD-text enabled for players that will display that, and gracenote for iTunes, etc. I can't get WMP to play nicely. Your assistance is appreciated! -m ...

Option for fields to show up in datasheet view
Hello, Since most people are more familiar with excel then access, my users prefer to see it in datasheet view. However, since it could be too long, anyone can help me how to make an option to show up only field that we can chose in the form. I remember there is a sample of database that has that one, but I do not know where is it now. Please help. Thanks in advance, Frank -- Frank Situmorang Simplest solution might be to set the Visible property of the controls on the form, based on the fields the user wants to see. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, West...

Show all months on report
I have a report that shows total shipments by month for specific items by totaling in the Month Footer. Some items have no shipment on some months so that month is not listed. Is there a way to have the report show all months regardless if there were shipments that month or not? Create a table name CountNumber with field CountNUM having integers from 0 (zero) through you maximum spread. Build the query below. SELECT DateAdd("m",[CountNUM],CVDate([Enter start date])) AS [My Dates] FROM CountNumber WHERE (((DateAdd("m",[CountNUM],CVDate([Enter start date])))<=CVDa...