How do I keep my toolbars showing all the time?

My toolbars used to show all the time.  Now they sort of retract and
disappear when I click on the page.  If I click on "Home" or "Page Layout"
the toolbars show.  But then they disappear when I click on the document.
How to keep them up all the time like they were before?

Double-click on any of the tabs and your RIBBON will come back.

On Mar 29, 5:03=A0pm, Marjon <Mar...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> My toolbars used to show all the time. =A0Now they sort of retract and
> disappear when I click on the page. =A0If I click on "Home" or "Page Layo=
ut"
> the toolbars show. =A0But then they disappear when I click on the documen=
t. =A0
> How to keep them up all the time like they were before?

48
Peter

Why don't pictures show in Publisher unless window is resized?
We use Publisher 2003. The pictures do not show unless we re-size the program window. Have any of you experienced this? How do you make the pictures appear without re-sizing the program window? Go to the manufacturer's web site of your graphics card and look around for an updated driver. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "gmstreet" <gmstreet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:820D8893-26FF-4DEF-8D03-1AB26E7056B0@microsoft.com... > We use Publisher 2003. The pictures do not show unl...

To Keep Only A Tatal Amount, But Not Keeping The Whole Sheet
Hello everyone, I need to create a workbook, which has 2 sheets A and B. Sheet A i for insert data and sheet B is for the total amount of sheet A. Every day, I enter a lot of numbers in sheet A and sheet B will show m the total amount of sheet A. I don't need to keep every detail in shee A, but I have to keep the total amount of that day. Because I don't need to keep every detail in sheet A, the next day, open sheet A again and enter new numbers for a new day. The problem i when I enter new numbers, I get only the total amount of the current da in sheet B. I lost the total amoun...

Reviewing toolbar always opens
How can I set toolbars so that the Reviewing toolbar does not open by default? http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0009.html -- HTH RP "jaswilsox" <jaswilsox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D3496B72-FC46-4171-AC5C-DBEED1091567@microsoft.com... > How can I set toolbars so that the Reviewing toolbar does not open by default? ...

multiple empty accounts showed up
I have three accounts with Broker X, which I've tracked for some time with Money (2006 Premium). Only one of them was set up for automatic updates. As soon as I enabled the other two for automatic updates, Money created SEVEN new empty accounts ("Broker X Cash Account", "Broker X Cash Account #2", ... "Broker X Margin Account", etc.) separate from the two I wanted to connect. Next thing I know, I have NINE pending statements for these seven imaginary and empty accounts, displaying "bank balance" totalling somewhere in the range of $200,000! Go...

OWA time out ?
Can the OWA client be configured to time out due to inactivity? Also, how can the default setting of OWA be configure for all clients access ? Thanks, Andrew If you're talking OWA 2003, then yes, use forms-based authentication: http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/11/formsbased_auth.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "andrewlin@canada.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04b601c3c966$e2915b90$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Can the OWA client be configured to time out d...

CFileDialog "MyComputer" not shows drives and files in directories
Hello NG, I already posted on 16. September that the CFileDialog does not show the "My Computer" drives, but shows files and dirs in e.g. "My files". Then you helped me to use CString for the filter string. But this was only temporarily. Now the files in a directory are not shown when there are a lot of files in it. Ordering the files and the CFileDialog shows the rest again. So there must be a too big number of files to be shown, so the CFileDialog not shows them at all. But the File-Open-Dialog is ok in standard Windows editor. But not with developer studio...

An uneven time-increment
Dear all, If in a spreadsheet you have years 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2050 with associated data for each year, how do you produce a line graph of this without 2050 being positioned at the same interval on the x-axis as the difference between the other years? To clarify, because the difference between 2050 and 1990 is greater than the difference between the previous years (all 1), how do get Excel to represent this on the x-axis of a line graph? Thanks for your help, Steve -- smurray444 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ smurray444's Pr...

Journal Entry doesn't show up under activities
I had a contact opened up and clicked file>new>journal entry and saved/closed it. When I go back to that contact and click on activities tab and journal drop down it doesn't show anything. The only way I'm able to view it is by navigating to it on the file tree. P.S. Using outlook 2002 ...

Why is this combo box giving me hard time?
i load my combo box with data in the ressource editor . data: 0;1;2;3. But when i lunch the app. nothing in my Cono box. The combo box is on a dialog box.. Bredal Jensen wrote: > i load my combo box with data in the ressource editor . > > data: 0;1;2;3. > > But when i lunch the app. nothing in my Cono box. > > The combo box is on a dialog box.. > > Are you sure there is nothing? You must call oCombo.SetSel(0); Otherwise the first item is blank. BTW, don't use the editor. Why don;t you rather do oCombo.AddString("0"); oCombo.AddString("...

Word Art won't show up in Print Preview
When using the Print Preview option, neither Word Art or clip art will show up. UNcheck "Draft Quality" in Page Setup. Helen wrote: > When using the Print Preview option, neither Word Art or clip art will show up. ...

How do I customize Toolbar
How can I put the Service Activity-->Actions-->Close Service Activity Button on the navigation Toolbar? itns ...

Publisher Measurement Toolbar
Half the toolbar for measurement is non avtive and will not measure an object. The help menus do not address activation of this feature. How do you display or draw an objects measurments? Left something out of the orginial post. Publisher 2003 on XP system. "Jeff w" wrote: > Half the toolbar for measurement is non avtive and will not measure an object. The help menus do not address activation of this feature. How do you display or draw an objects measurments? Hold shift and drag the ruler(s). Select the object, right-click, click format object (picture), the size is in the di...

Imported Emails Show Wrong Received Date
I just installed Outlook 2003. After importing my emails from OE, I noticed that about half the emails now show the date of import as the date they were received. Any idea how to fix this or avoid it? It's strange that it only affected some of the emails. Don't import from Outlook, export from Outlook Express. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Mitch asked: | I just...

How do I make a pie chart with 42 answers that shows % each out of
I want to graph survey responses where peolple could pick more than one answer. So there would be some overlap in the pie chart, is this possible? Please give us more details, -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "brmg" wrote: > I want to graph survey responses where peolple could pick more than one > answer. So there would be some overlap in the pie chart, is this possible? ...

Last logon time error
I'm using Exch 5.5 . In the server admin page the section server > Private Information stores > mailbox Resources , some user last logon time showing fictitious date .When I check the system date of that machine it showing the correct date , also last access time in the LOGON section showing the correct date / time ...

Installed fonts in WinXP but don't show in any Office program
I've tried all the suggestions given in here (TweakUI, resetting printer, etc.), but NONE of those worked. I have 585 fonts in my Windows font folder. Does Office have a limit on the number of fonts it will display in the drop down Font box? In article <B4E90712-7D9E-4575-915C-3DA41C745442@microsoft.com>, JeffH wrote: > I've tried all the suggestions given in here (TweakUI, resetting printer, > etc.), but NONE of those worked. I have 585 fonts in my Windows font folder. > Does Office have a limit on the number of fonts it will display in the drop > down...

Issues with Items not showing on reports
I need help with Money 2003 Deluxe. Some of my items are not showing on reports. I have gone into some items and changed the PAY TO and that works, but I'm not sure why I should have to do that and what items I'm not seeing in reports. Thanks, Todd ...

Making a query that shows a value based on another value.
Hi I have a Query that extracts two fields of data from a table 1. CustomerName (Contains customer name) 2. BuySell (Has either the Word "Buy" or "Sell") However I wish this query to display CustomerName (As above) but I want it to display a word based on whether field 2 is the word 'Buy' or the word 'Sell'. So for example if the word 'Buy' is in field 2 then I want the word 'RHS' to be displayed and if the word 'Sell' is in field 2 I want the word 'LHS' to be displyed. I do not need this to save into a table jus...

Formula referencing other file show formula not result
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a formula in a cell that selects data from another spreadsheet. Both cells are text and often the formula shows in the receiving spreadsheet not the value. I have both cell formated as &quot;text&quot;. In older versions of excel, you could never have an &quot;=&quot; sign start in cell without excel always defaulting that as a formula. Now in 2008 it does not work that way any more. <br><br>Along the same line I have a formula in a cell that selects data from another spreadsheet. S...

Use Spinner Control to Hide/Show Buttons?
Hi All, I am trying to set up a spinner button (with corresponding numerical readout) that also displays a number of buttons. The number of buttons displayed will depend upon the spinner number e.g. if the spinner says 5, then 5 buttons will be displayed. If the spinner says 2, then the rest of the buttons apart from 2 are hidden. There needs to be 10 buttons in total, with a minimum of two displayed at any one time. I've created a mock-up worksheet to show what I mean MUCH better than the explanation I've just given above! http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~proebuck/Buttons.xls So I...

Two "versions" show up in window tab? file:1 file:2
I have a coworker who when he opens a file, and looks under the windo tab, two files of the same name show up separated by colon and number. e.g. file:1 and file:2 by switching from "version" 1 and 2, file is identical in both window and seems to be embedded in properties. He says he accidentaly hit some keys and it did this and I can't seem to be able to recreate this. Does anyone know what this function is? Thank -- mpoirier2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mpoirier23's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=get...

Keeping Footers with Detail
I have a report that has several footers with subreports. How do I stop the subreports/footers from extending across the page break. I want to keep all the data for a record on one page. Thanks. Ken wrote: >I have a report that has several footers with subreports. How do I stop the >subreports/footers from extending across the page break. > >I want to keep all the data for a record on one page. Which record? The main report record or some/all subreports? In general, you can use a section's KeepTogether property to keep the section on a page (assumi...

date+time input mask
Hi, I have a textbox where I'd like users to input date and time in the format: mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm AM (or PM). My input mask is: 00/00/0000\ 00:00\ >LL The format is General Date. The column this textbox is bound to on the table is date/time with format of General Date. When I input a date and time, I'm getting an error. I input 03/31/2010 01: 15 AM. When I tab off the field, I get the following message: "The value you entered isn't valid for this field". What am I doing wrong? thanks. CLO -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com ht...

How to keep textbox from covering text when reducing?
When I try to reduce a title textbox that came in a template, it covers up part of the text that is in it. I don't think the text is a separate object from the textbox and I have worked with the formatting over and over and nothing works. Please help me. What template in what version of Publisher? Is the text box part of a group? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "lhag" <lhag@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57C17F65-7CC7-4C88-9B27-A1942B38B224@microsoft.com... > When I try to...

Times and Dates
I've noticed that the date fields have a database field type of Date/Time, but under the Formatting tab in Customization only allows a display type of 'Date Only'. Does anyone know if the time is actually being stored? And is there any way to get the time displayed (preferably in an editable format)? I need to track the times of incoming cases to determine if we are meeting our response guarantees. Our guarantees are within hours, not days. Thanks! I believe the times are in the GMT zone. As for displaying what you need. What do you mean? Like in a crystal report? In a cry...