How do I keep my toolbars showing all the time?

My toolbars used to show all the time.  Now they sort of retract and
disappear when I click on the page.  If I click on "Home" or "Page Layout"
the toolbars show.  But then they disappear when I click on the document.
How to keep them up all the time like they were before?

Double-click on any of the tabs and your RIBBON will come back.

On Mar 29, 5:03=A0pm, Marjon <Mar...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> My toolbars used to show all the time. =A0Now they sort of retract and
> disappear when I click on the page. =A0If I click on "Home" or "Page Layo=
ut"
> the toolbars show. =A0But then they disappear when I click on the documen=
t. =A0
> How to keep them up all the time like they were before?

48
Peter

How can I set Office document to print from same printer ea time?
In past versions of Word if you sent the doc to a printer, each time you printed the document it would go to the same printer. Now, in 2003 Word, the printer changes to whatever printer I sent the last document to. For instance, I send envelopes to one printer and letters to another. I shouldn't have to reset the printer everytime. On Mon, 8 Feb 2010 19:29:01 -0800, JudyD <JudyD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In past versions of Word if you sent the doc to a printer, each time you >printed the document it would go to the same printer. Now, in 2003 Word, ...

ToolBar
Hi, I would like to have text on right on my toolbar. But only at some items. Like IE. I tryed it, but I had the space for text on the right at all items. And the space was long as the longest lext. Can U advise me, where I can find how to do this? Thanks a lot. Robert Have you looked at example MFCIE in MSDN which shows how to use MFC to create IE. I think what you need is individual sizing of each of the buttons. This sample should show it. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Robert Camsky" <robertcamsky@atlas.cz> wrote in message news:OKuWLdf6DHA.226...

keep record of files
is there anyway to have some files of excel or word always as recent used files or some other method not to have to search for these files cosntantly thru the whole computer even if they not been recently opened or used You could keep shortcuts to the files in a folder on your desktop, or on the Quick Launch bar in the Windows Taskbar. Word has a Work menu that you can add to the menu bar, (Tools>Customize). Use it to display a list of documents for easy access. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html "dk" wrote: > is t...

Sales reps not showing in HQ
I have almost 20 sales reps in my So database. They are not showing up in my HQ database. Am I missing something? How do I get them to upload to the HQ database? Thanks. ...

Billable case time for Service Activities only.
Hi All Wondering if someone can help? I would like the billable time when resolving a case to calculate only from the time spent on service activities and not tasks, phone calls appointments etc. Is this possible? Appreciate any assistance. Regards Ian ------=_NextPart_0001_6494CBF4 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Ian, Thanks for posting in and thanks for your patience. This is Mike responding. Unfortunately, choosing only a few activity types to use for totaling billable time is not possible in CRM 3.0. I am not sure that it will be possible in CR...

Show permissions on DL's in 2003
We had a DL in 5.5 with X and Y as members. In 5.5 you can see permissions, then add X to allow "send as" rights to the DL. In Ex2003/AD - this doesn't seem to be available as the DL is not a mailbox - and in ADU&C there is no security tab (and of course no exchange mailbox tab). Gonna move this to a public folder anyway (as user requirements have changed) - but this may bite us later... Ideas welcome! In AD, you can use Distribution groups as security principals. They must be Security Groups (which you can mail enable). The DL, if it is representing in AD and all its m...

Having trouble formatting times
I've received a few good pointers, but haven't found the magic combination yet. I want to be able to enter times without using any seperators. I have the VBA code that does that, but the formats aren't coming out right. Here's what I'm getting: (number on left is raw input for cell, value on right is result) 1 - 00:01:00 12 - 00:12:00 123 - 01:23:00 1234 - 12:34:00 12345 - 01:23:45 123456 - 12:34:56 Here's what I want to get: 1 - 00:00:01 12 - 00:00:12 123 - 00:01:23 1234 - 00:12:34 12345 - 01:23:45 123456 - 12:34:56 How can I get that result? -- John Oliver, C...

Different addresses must be accessed depending on time of year.
Mailings from this seasonal community need to go to different addresses for individual members depending on whether the members are still in the area or have returned to their winter homes. I suspect that queries will play a role in this, but I also imagine that the tables need to be set up with this requirement in mind. Do I set up separate tables for summer and winter addresses? >>Do I set up separate tables for summer and winter addresses? No, add two DateTime fields for SeasonStart and SeasonEnd. Then your query to have calculated field -- Todays: Date() and c...

forwarding multiple meeting times
I would like to let people know about multiple meeting times. It looks like I can forward one meeting time but I don't see how to forward more than one. As I understand it, I can send one meeting time as an attachment. When the recipient clicks, it automatically goes into their calendars. That is what I want but for several dates. How can I do that? Thank you. See http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/pickmeeting.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/...

how do i type a time into a cell formatted for time?
I have highlighted a block of cells and used format-cell-time to format for time but when I try to type in a time using the 24 hr clock eg. 0800 it converts the time to a date. What am I ding wrong? You're doing nothing wrong - except for Text (which bypasses XL's entry parser), the display format has no effect on how an entry is parsed. For a way to accomplish what you're after, see http://cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm In article <B52639A5-5BA2-46F7-8407-DBA6554B21EE@microsoft.com>, Armadillo <Armadillo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > ...

show XML schema and values

Showing reports based upon baseline 3.
1. How do I know which baseline my Gantt is using? 2. How do I know which baseline my Reports are using? To explain more: When I open my MS Project File and go to Tools/Tracking...I see that the baseline is set to baseline one. This leads me to believe that MS Project is basing reports off of baseline one, correct? I do not want this. What I do want is baseline 3 to be what MS Project Uses. Can you tell me how to make this happen please? Thank you! Tools/Options/Calculation (tab). On that tab, select the button for Earned Value... In the dialog that opens you are allowed...

Outlook 2003 email dragged to Notes folder only shows headers
Outlook 98 thru 2002 allowed me to drag an entire email from the Inbox into the Notes folder. This created a new note that contained the email header AND body. In Outlook 2003, I can only get about 1 in 7 emails to do that, regardless of the format of the incoming email. The rest of the newly created notes only display the header information of the email - but no body. This only occurs with the Notes folder. Contacts, Tasks, and Calendar work fine. Co-workers on Outlook 2003 have also reported the same issue. We are running Outlook 2003 with Office XP on Windows XP. All updated. Outlook con...

Run-time error '2427': You entered an expression that has no value
Hi I am getting this error with this line of code: If (Me.[Address 2] Like Forms!FM_DeDupe_Customers_Pocd! DuplicateCustomerSubform!Add2) Or (IsNull(Me.[Address 2])) Or (Me. [Address 2] = "") Or (IsNull(Forms!FM_DeDupe_Customers_Pocd! DuplicateCustomerSubform!Add2)) Then I have traced it to one field: Forms!FM_DeDupe_Customers_Pocd!DuplicateCustomerSubform!Add2 Which in this instance has nothing in it. There are no records in the subforms source. Is there a proper way of dealing with this - i.e: no records in subforms source - I looked for On No Data, but that property is not gi...

HELP! NDR a feature, but not this time!
I'm running exchange 2003 on 2k3 standard. One user (my boss!) is getting inundated with System Administrator NDR's. I know that these are coming back as a result of a spoofed email address. 300 + a day! We have anti spam and anti virus in our enterprise so I know they are propigating from outside. Anyway, Outlook 2003 will not allow a rule to be created to move all of these Sys Admin messages out of her Inbox, and I don't want to disable the NDRs all together. How can I keep the benefits of NDR's and yet allow my user to have a "clean" mailbox. I'm o...

Office 2004 and PDF Toolbar
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3167221863_3407560 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Does one have to re-install Adobe Acrobat after Office 2004? When I launch Word, the PDF Toolbar is no longer there, even though �PDFMaker� is checked under the �Tools -> Templates and Add-Ins...� menu item. -- Cheers Scott --B_3167221863_3407560 Content-type: text/html; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: quot...

Automaticly Show new messages
Hi All, Is there any way of automatically showing window with new message on POS ?? I want to notify cashiers about some "quick" promotions but they usually cant see the message icon. Thanks, Arthur ...

Show .lnk in explorer
Shortcuts on desktop and in explorer just show .exe, as in "Myprogram.exe" How can I make them add .lnk, as in "Myprogram.exe.lnk"? tcebob "tcebob" <handle @ gwi.net> wrote in message news:#AyPAQ#5KHA.3656@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Shortcuts on desktop and in explorer just show .exe, as in "Myprogram.exe" > How can I make > them add .lnk, as in "Myprogram.exe.lnk"? > > tcebob > > The "Type" column (if displayed) tells you that it is a shortcut. tcebob wrote: > Shortcuts ...

Subform showing data
I have a main form with subform which are linked by "SBID". The record source for the form is "qryMainNewDataSBID" and the subform are "qryStageError" and. When I open the main form, it opens with all the fields empty, ready for data. The subform opens with the previous data still in the fields and I'm not allowed to change it. the default Can someone please help me wiht my problem. Much thanks in advance. Greg, You need to enter the Master Child properties for the subform to link the two forms. See signature for more help. Bob Greg2582 wrote: >I h...

Running/Current time in cell?
I know that if I enter CTRL+SHIFT; it will enter the current time of day. But...is there any formula out there that will insert the time of day and keep it current? (Basically a running clock, so that whenever the spreadsheet is open, cell A1 (for example) will always show the current time???) Just wondering........ Just type =Now() into the cell. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "SRS" <SRS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF30A10E-CDAD-4F27-9261-0DE946EE5B26@microsoft.com... >I know that if I enter CTRL+SHIFT; it will enter the current ...

How to show underlined menu shortcut letters by default for a context menu ?
Hello I try to present the user with a pop-up menu using TrackPopupMenu, and although I use menu items with text like _T("&Set UIO Area"), with an ampersand in front of S to get the letter underlined in the menu so user knows she can press 'S' key on the keyboard to chose the command from the menu. However the letters never get underlined and I hear this is a Windows 2000 "feature" (is that how they call bugs today ?) and that I have to changes some system settings in display control panel to get the meniu right. The problem is my client w...

ldap show all mail address
is it possible to show all the mail address and name of the person in a new mail windows , is there an option to activate i know that if you douoble click on the name you can have the details...... thanks ...

Toobar question
Hi I have a shared spreadsheet that is used by a number of users. I want to update the spreadsheet and add a new button to the toolbar SO THAT THEY ALL SEE IT. My question is ..How do you get the other users to get the new modified toolbar without going around to each users desktop and changing it. I can update the spreadsheet - ie set it to unshared, temporarily to make changes mike (oz) I would create the toolbar when the workbook opens and delete it when the workbook closes. Here's how I do it: http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?threadm=40E095F1.5CB35B41%40msn.com If you wan...

Show quantity for different table
Below are my table: Main Table PartNumber(pk) Incoming Bil (pk) PartNumber Quantity Loan LoanID PartNumber Quantity So, I need to have a query to show all the quantity as below structure. If the part number quantity exists in incoming but not in kanban, it will show kanban quantity 0 PartNumber Incoming Loan 1111-1111 10 12 2222-2222 10 5 3333-3333 10 0 -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmo...

Multiple files not showing properly
Once, when I opened more than one Excel file the Minimised Windows Task bar indicator would show " (2) Microsoft Excel" and if you hovered over it a drop-up list appeared so you could select which file I wanted to use. This no longer happens, I just get one Microsoft Excel indicator with nothing in brackets. This still works OK in MS Word. Anyone know how to resolve this? Jeff I didn't test this... I think you'll want to change this in Excel: tools|Options|View tab|Windows in taskbar. And a windows setting, too: rightclick on windows start button|Properties|Task b...