How do I keep my toolbars showing all the time?

My toolbars used to show all the time.  Now they sort of retract and
disappear when I click on the page.  If I click on "Home" or "Page Layout"
the toolbars show.  But then they disappear when I click on the document.
How to keep them up all the time like they were before?

Double-click on any of the tabs and your RIBBON will come back.

On Mar 29, 5:03=A0pm, Marjon <Mar...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> My toolbars used to show all the time. =A0Now they sort of retract and
> disappear when I click on the page. =A0If I click on "Home" or "Page Layo=
ut"
> the toolbars show. =A0But then they disappear when I click on the documen=
t. =A0
> How to keep them up all the time like they were before?

48
Peter

AP Invoice paid but shows balance
I have had this issue before and can't seem to find my solution anywhere. We issued a cheque to a vendor, and applied it to multiple invoices in full. One of the invoices is still showing that it has not been paid, yet the Payables Apply inquiry shows that the payment was applied to this invoice. This happens when our connection is lost, and system freezes, etc. I ran a reconcile and check links and nothing changed except the Vendor current balance before Rec was 0.00 and now it is the amount of that invoice. I think the solution has to do with turning off posting and ent...

Show names and present/absent information
Dear all, I am looking for a solution to show information about logged-on users. We already store phone and address information in Active Directory on our Windows Server 2003 network, so we can retrieve that from there. And we should be able to retrieve information about users being logged on from the Event Logs. I would like to be able to show that information on some screen in Microsoft Outlook 2003. I think the solution has to do the following: 1. Get present/absent information from the Event Logs. 2. Get phone and address information from Active Directory. 3. Show the names, present/abse...

run time error
When I attempt to import a text file (.txt) in to Access, an error occurs. Run-time error �3163�: The field is too small to accept the amount of data you attempted to add. Try inserting or pasting less data When I click the Debug button this pops up: .Fields("TranType").Value = rs("MoveType").Value A different error occurs when save it to my desktop, and this is what happens.Run-time error �2185�: You can�t reference a property or method for a control unless the control has the focus. When I click the Debug button this pops up: MsgBox "Import File Not Found:&quo...

Outlook 2003 time stamp different in message list and message body
When mail is received that is sent from the problem computer using Outlook 2003, the time stamp that one sees in the Messages window is two hours earlier than the actual time the message was sent. When the email is opened up the correct time is displayed in the message body. The time is correct on the system clock on the computer. Mail received on multiple computers with different email applications shows the same discrepancy when sent from the problem computer. Ideas Thanks. Make sure the TimeZone and DST settings are correct as well. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-...

How do I keep zero values from plotting in charts?
I am plotting percentages from a table that will be filled with weekly values, but not all of the weeks are completed yet, so future weeks are plotting as zero. Cells being graphed contain a A1/B1 formula to get a percentage, resulting in a divide by zero error. I suppressed the error and tried to set the cell as 'blank' by using =IF(ISERROR(A1/B1),,A1/B1). I tried setting the Tools > Options > Graphs - Plot Empty Cells As: Not Plotted, leave gaps. Problem is, even though the value is 'blank' if error = true, it is no longer a 'blank' cell by Excel&#...

Time format #3
Hello, I have a spreadsheet with 2 Time columns. All of my formuals work except on over night shifts. So when I add them I get 32 hours on a 23:00 - 07:00 shift when I really want 8 hours. Any suggestions? Thanks, Denise Try =MOD(end_time-start_time,1) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Denise" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02bc01c39e54$c5795310$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I have a spreadsheet with 2 Time columns. All of my > formuals work except on over night shifts. So when I add > them I get 32 hours on a 23:00 - 0...

Show all global customer purchases at all stores
At store operations level provide the ability to see a customer's purchases made at other stores. This would allow the clerk to check against previously purchased items to accept returns, suggest like items, and avoid selling duplicates ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree"...

Keeping 2003 After Upgrade to 2007
Our company is moving up to Office 2007, but not in one swell foop -- they're upgrading people when their desktop PC gets replaced by a new one. (Although people have the option of self-upgrading if they choose, but many prefer to stay with the old tried-and-true instead of learning new tricks.) So I'm in the mode of trying to help people in two different systems for however long it takes until everyone (12,000 people!!) has migrated. With Access, I was able to keep 2003 when I made the jump to 2007, and can choose which one I want to work in (or help people with). Bu...

Why does my slide transition timing keep changing after I fix it?!
Hope someone can help!! I've put together a slide show with music and timed all of the slides to sync with the pics. The entire show is perfect for the first song and never changes its timing, but the second song changes in a certain spot every other time I try it-- even after I fix it and save!! This has become very frustrating, because when I adjust the transition and even fine-tune it with the transition speed of *just one or two slides* say, from medium to fast, it fixes the timing-- only to be off once again!! I've hit a wall on this now and need to finish my...

Use DB for a limitated period of time
Hi All I would like to use the db to a certain person for a limited period of time, for example 30 days. After this time the database should be change status, (for example to ask a password) in order to avoid unauthorized use. is it possible to do this ? If yes how ? Let me know Diego -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201005/1 Check what Tony Toews has at http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/demo.htm for one approach. For what it's worth, many people feel that a time limit is a bad idea, and tha...

RPCoHTTPs taking a long time
Hi, I replaced my front end server with a better box and I'm now seeing delays with RPC. When I launch Outlook from a good internet connection (no VPN obviously) it takes about a two minutes before the prompt for a password is brought up. Once I put in my password things are good but I'm not sure why that 2 minutes is needed. From within my network at work things are instant. Also, the password prompt box does not have a checkbox for 'remember my password' so I'm not sure how to speed things up. Is there something I need to do on the front end? Do other peopl...

Excel shows only one sheet in taskbar
Hi When I open an excel worksheet it displays in the taskbar but when I open subsequent sheets they are not displayed in the taskbar.It looks as if only one document is open. This is very annoying as I am unable to close a certain worksheet from the taskbar. Thanks On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 08:55:47 +0200, "Leon" <leon.la@virgin.net> - in a blinding flash of brilliance - wrote: >Hi >When I open an excel worksheet it displays in the taskbar but when I open >subsequent sheets they are not displayed in the taskbar.It looks as if only >one document is open. This is very ...

Keeping Validation References When Breakingout Spreadsheets
Hello, I am using a version of Ron Debruin’s macro that breaks out spreadsheets into separate spreadsheets using a filter on a selected column. The issue that I am having is that I have a series of validation references located in the original sheet in hidden rows (rows 1-14 are hidden). I need to be able to retain these references in all the newly created sheets and retain the fixed references. To clarify, for each sheet that is broken out based on the macro below, I also need to have the first 14 lines copied from the original master sheet and inserted on each new works...

CRM 3.0
Hi, Currently we have mapped Contact:address1_shippingmethod -> Order:ShippingMethod. This works well. However this seems to sporadically happen, when we create and order and save it, then decide the shipping method has to change - e.g. Purolator was in Contact, and now they want us to ship it FedEx, when I make the change, then save it, sometimes, and only sometimes it does not take the change but reverts back to Purolator. Any ideas? Can't seem to duplicate it consistently. Save it once this morning then tried to duplicate it again and it worked fine. Thanks! Shauna Micr...

VBA Time Stamp... I'm close, but need help
New to the group and thanks in advance for any assistance you can give me. I'm somewhat a novice at this VBA stuff. I have a spreadsheet that I currently have set up for users to change the date in the footer when they make modifications. As you might imagine, it doesn't get updated...everyone forgets - but it makes it difficult to keep track of what version of the form you are looking at and when someone last made changes to it. So... I was able to track down some VBA from http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html that is really close to what I'm looking for... Private Sub...

Print one jumbo postcard at a time, not 2 per page
I am printing on jumbo postcards that are already cut, so I need to print just one card at a time, beginning at the top margin. The only format option I can find for one per page is printing the card on the CENTER vertical half of the page, out of the middle of a sheet. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Thanks! Tricia It's much easier to forget about special formats/templates/wizards for this type of printing. I use this quick and dirty method. Use a blank page and either copy the existing postcard to that page or create it from scratch. On the screen, position the postcard so ...

Add MS Equation 3.0 button to toolbar in Office 2003
Is there a way to add a toolbar button for Microsoft Equation 3.0 in Office 2003? ...

Filtering columns to show specific text only
Hi, I have a column in Excel XP with entries such as the two below: CCMAIL:Simpson, Bart at Manor-House%MS:NETWORK/EXCHANGE/BSIMPSON%SMTP:Bart.Simpson@springfield.nhs.uk%X400:c=GB;a=NHS;p=NHS A AND O HN;o=NHS HEALTHCARE TR;s=Simpson;g=Bart; SMTP:Lisa.Simpson@springfield.nhs.uk%X400:c=GB;a=NHS;p=NHS A AND O HN;o=NHS HEALTHCARE TR;s=Simpson;g=Lisa;%CCMAIL:Simpson, Lisa at Manor-House%MS:NETWORK/EXCHANGE/LSIMPSON What I need to do is filter these so only everything between <SMTP:> and the first <%> symbol after that is shown. For example, the above two need to become: SMTP:...

Running Outlook on four computers at the same time!
I am wanting to run 4 computers and have all use the same Outlook. Can anyone tell me how to configure Outlook to accomplish this Thank yo Jerry see Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 205229 >-----Original Message----- >I am wanting to run 4 computers and have all use the same Outlook. Can anyone tell me how to configure Outlook to accomplish this. > >Thank you > >Jerry >. > ...

multiple users accessing back-end at same time
The power supply on our server failed. After replacing it, there have been many other issues because of it. The one I am asking about here is before this hapenned, more than one user could open a front-end. Now when a second user trys to open a frontend it will say it is not able to because the backend is already in use. How is something like this resolved? Thanks, CEV Users must have full rights to the folder where the database resides: read, write, create, and delete. If the database is secured, they must also have full rights to the folder where the MDW file resides. If they do...

view menu not showing all items
only a few items of the "view" menu is displayed (Goto, Outlook bar, folder list, Reminder window, Toolbars, Status bar) while no other items are displayed. Outlook 2000,on Win2000 can you help ? mohamed <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > only a few items of the "view" menu is displayed (Goto, > Outlook bar, folder list, Reminder window, Toolbars, > Status bar) while no other items are displayed. Is there a double down-arrow at the bottom of the menu? If so, click it. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1...

Outlook 2003 Defaults to Times New Roman Font
Hello, How can I change the default font of Outlook 2003 while displaying HTML messages? I changed all font settings I found in the Options dialog box, as well as the default International Fonts of Internet Explorer, but nothing of these options helped. Outlook Express displays the same messages in the font I select (Arial). Thanks in advance for any help Ossama "Ossama Elkadi" <ossama.elkadi@bmw-eg.com> wrote in message news:uVl5%23neWFHA.3188@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > How can I change the default font of Outlook 2003 while displaying HTML >...

Find number of times certain words show up in a column
I have a spreadsheet with roughly 2000 rows and 4 columns with column "A" having model Par Numbers (which contain alphanumeric characters). I need to end up with a count of how many times each PN shows up. The result can be in the same sheet or a new one, but must be a list of unique PNs and their respective count. Since I have to do this twice weekly it becomes very time consuming to do it manually. Can someone help me with this? Thanks, Hi To create a list of unique PN, select column A, goto Data > Advanced Filter > Action: Copy to another location > Co...

deleting all inbox msgs. at same time
How do I highlite all the messages like when you can hold shift and multi selections occur that doesn't seem to work for me in live mail inbox "optical alchemist" <optical alchemist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA529AF5-0195-4274-A8FD-BF03C968F31E@microsoft.com... > How do I highlite all the messages like when you can hold shift and multi > selections occur that doesn't seem to work for me in live mail inbox Hold Shift, click on the top message, click on the bottom message and all of them should be selected, let go of the Shi...

If-statement (deal with date and time)
Hi all, What formula should I input into the cell if I want to check th current date and time against a given date and time, i.e. If current date and time equals a month (say, June) then display a formula (say, = A1 + B2) else 0 I have wrote such code: = IF(MONTH(NOW()) = -a month- , -formula- , 0) but it does not work. I am using xl2000. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com The 'month()' function returns a number from 1-12, so make sure you if() function checks for a number, not the name of the month. Alternatively, you can define all your months as number...