How do I hide the list of recent word documents?

When I write word documets, anyone can see what I wrote by looking at my list
of recent documents; can that list be hide or protected?

Setup Windows profiles for the users of your PC and don't let anyone else
have access to your profile.
If this is a company machine then while you may have sufficient access to
hide the the recent files list,  you are unlikely to have sufficient access
to remove the footprint of your activity from the registry and the filing
system completely.
You have two practical possibilities
1. Don't write stuff on a publically accessible PC that you don't want
others to read
or
2. Password protect your confidential documents.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"nofrat" <nofrat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I write word documets, anyone can see what I wrote by looking at my
> list
> of recent documents; can that list be hide or protected?

0
Graham

Multiselect List or Check boxes
I've read through some of the posts here and I just can't quite understand how to do this. I have 3 tables: teachers, subjects, & subjects_to_teachers. I have relationships established for a many to many relationship btwn subjects & teachers. I have the base form which shows teacher info. How do I create a control on this form that allows the user to select all subjects that apply to a teacher? I would like to use check boxes where the user checks all that apply but I'm also interested in knowing how to use a multiselect list box to do the same. Thanks in advance!!!...

Linking data from cells into word doc in 2003
When I open a word document, that has links to the excel app I am opening it from, it prompts me with a question if I wish to update links. I have the option already check marked in Word so that it will update links automatically upon opening, and I did the same thing in excel, but it still prompts for an answer. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, what do you do to fix it. This is destroying our automation at work where the hyperlink is triggered to open the word doc, the word doc updates, prints, saves and closes before going on to the next hyperlink. ...

Document Number and GL dist on Computer Check Edit List
The document number and GL distributions both need to be on the Computer Check Edit List. Currently, you can have either of them, but not both. The report currently only shows the voucher number and that is useless to an AP clerk who is trying to match a stack of invoices to the transactions in the batch. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in th...

How can I get classic (drop down) menus in Word 2007?
What issues will arise if I reinstall W2003 to get drop down menus? On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 17:29:02 -0800, Globaltech <Globaltech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >What issues will arise if I reinstall W2003 to get drop down menus? Installing Word 2003 won't add menus to Word 2007. You can have both programs on the same machine simultaneously, but they don't share menus. (And if you want to do that, uninstall Office 2007 first; install 2003, and then custom reinstall 2007 and tell it not to remove 2003. Also see http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/pub0009/LPMArticle...

How to use Word 2000 as e-mail editor in Outlook 2003
Hello all, With the purchase of SBS 2003 Server came the ClientApps install of Outlook 2003. This upgraded all of the Outlook 2000's but now Word 2000 can't be used as the e-mail editor. The spot is greyed out and says Word 2003 for Editor. This has cost us our ability to fax out of Outlook since Word must be the editor for that function. Has anyone else encountered this and found a fix? Thanks, Todd There is no fix - Word and Outlook versions must match for automation to work - it has always been this way. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group ...

Color a certain range of cell if a cell contain specified word
E.g a b c d e f g h 1 2 3 Group1 4 5 6 7 8 9 Group2 if a cell contain the word "Group" + a single char, i want the row which is the same the cell containing "Group" to be autohighted In tis case, it will be Cell A3-H3, and Cell A9-H9 to be auto-highlight! Put cursor on col A>format>conditional format>formula is>=left($a4,5)="group">format as desired>copy format (use format tool) to col e then copy format the row down/up as desired. -- Don Guillett SalesA...

How to hide Save, Save & Close button
Hi, I have created a custom entity and create a IFRAME. This IFRAME has its own save button and I am not using CRM traditional save button because of some specific requirement while saving that can only be achieve in C# coding. My problem is how to hide SAVE, SAVE and Close buttons. If I remove security with Not Write/Update permission this step hides the buttons but my _service.Create() method throws an exception becuase user don't have permission to create new record. Please help, how could I hide save/save and close or save and new buttons Regards Have a look at this blog: ...

Sending Email to a Marketing List #2
How do I send an email with a file attachment to all members of a marketing list? How do I put all members of a marketing list in the CC or BCC field of an email? How do I attach an email to all members of a marketing List if the email is in my Sent Items folder? I have the exact same questions. Nothing in any training materials address these issues and these same questions come up on almost every marketing class. I'll be sure to post a reply if I find out anything. I'd sure appreciate someone out there helping with some information on these issues. -- MR "Al" w...

Batch change Word docs WITHOUT macro?
Hi. I have several thousand Microsoft Word documents from which I need to redact certain bits of information. This includes some text, and some images. Does anyone know if a tool I can download and run on a bunch of files, that basically does a batch search/replace? This would need to include images too, of course. I don't want it to remove ALL images, just to selectively remove some of them by name, or whatever. You get bonus points if you can suggest something that will do the same for PDFs, too :-) Thanks a lot, - Andrew. It can't be done in Word without ma...

Can I export my Publisher document into MS Word?
Does anyone know how I can export my Publisher document into MS Word? Hi Matt (matthew_removethis_@mccallister.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Does anyone know how I can export my Publisher document || into MS Word? No you cannot. You can open one instance of Publisher and one instance of Word and copy/paste between the two programs, or do a CTRL+Drag and Drop between the two programs. Some formatting will be lost however. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" wit...

Mailmerging to Word
Hi Guys, I posted the below post in the Word newsgroup however have not had an answer, so I'm guessing that this might be more of an Excel guru's question: Please can someone help with the below? This is majorily importance and could mean the difference between me manually colour coding 10730 fields myself! Newsgroups: microsoft.public.word From: "Adam" <adamevan...@gmail.com> - Find messages by this author Date: 10 Jan 2006 12:38:04 -0800 Local: Tues, Jan 10 2006 8:38 pm Subject: Conditional Formatting? Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Messa...

How to show/hide another object on the same page after clicking one object?
Does Visio has such a function as clicking one object(such as a shape), which shows another object on the same page? Thanks. I would recommend placing the other object(s) on a new Layer. Then use a little VBA code that changes the 'visible' property of the layer. ~Ron "GD" wrote: > Does Visio has such a function as clicking one object(such as a shape), > which shows another object on the same page? > > Thanks. > > > > ...

now using Office 2007
before we had installed Microsoft 2007, we were able to convert Excel to Word and vice versa. can it still be done and how? Thank you for any info you may provide. In what way were you doing the conversion in Office 2003? Copy and Paste still work in Office 2007, both ways. -- David Biddulph "jagray57" <jagray57@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C1E9585E-B157-46AC-A094-D3C6704346D3@microsoft.com... > before we had installed Microsoft 2007, we were able to convert Excel to > Word > and vice versa. can it still be done and how? Thank ...

Org Chart -- Imports from Word of Job Descriptions?
We are new to Visio, using the trial version. My wife's boss just dumped a project on her that I said I'd try to help her with. Her new, computer illiterate, boss is making many organizational changes (small university) and wants to make a PowerPoint presentation illustrating these changes. He wants to be able to click on a position and have the job description for that position pop-up as a new page/slide. The job descriptions are in Word 2003. My wife has Word & PowerPoint 2007 on her machine at work, and we have Office 2003 on our PC's at home. Is this possible ...

How to alter Footers in Publisher and Word
I have produced pages in Publisher and Word (2003) and cannot get a printed version with the "Footers" less than 300mm from the bottom of the page. I have tried changing footer size and page size to no avail. I have also ended up with the footer showing on the screen but on printing - nothing! It looks ridiculous (to me) to have the Footer (seemingly) sitting halfway up the document. The paradox is that I can get a Header, from the very top of the page, to print??? Have you checked the limitations of your printer? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Chrise...

can not change size of windows for word or excel docs #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Often when I open an excel or word document it opens in a small window in the upper left corner. i can not resize or enlarge the viewing window. I have tried dragging the lower right corner, toggling the green and yellow buttons on the top left, changing the VIEW and selecting the "FULL SCREEN" optin in the VIEW menu. It sounds like you've not applied the necessary updates to Office - SP2 (12.2.0) & 12.2.1, and possibly not the OS X 10.6.1 update. Especially if you're using Spaces the windowin...

Hide text that doesn't fit in the cell
How can I hide the part of the text that is too long for the cell? This automaticly happens when in the cell on the right is already a text. But I want this also when there is no text in the neighbouring cell. (Note: I don't want to use wrap text) Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Rene" <Rene@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:51EBA07E-568C-4036-A64E-F6E31A1E6AC4@microsoft.com... > How can I hide the part of the text that is too long for the cell? This > automaticly happens when in the cell on the right is al...

Publisher 2000 word art
Publisher 2000 word art: I am trying to overlay a word art frame over a design so that the design shows in back of the word art. I right click in the word art frame then > Change Frame > Fill Color> No Fill. The fill color of the word art frame remains solid white - it won't clear. Is it possible to have no fill color in a word art frame? Does this article address your issue? The fill color, the fill pattern, or the line color of a WordArt or AutoShape object in an Office document does not change http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;833258 -- Mary Saue...

linking drop down lists
hi, im trying to create a user friendly spreadsheet. i have 2 columns need help with. in the first column i have created a drop down list containing continents of the world. in the second column i want another drop dow list to display only the countries from the continent selected. fo instance. in the first column i have selected africa. how can i make i so that when i have selected africa from the continents drop down list to make the cell next to it (the countries drop down list)( only giv the option of selecting a country from africa instead of all th countries of the world -- reading2...

Pivot Table
Hi guys I've made a massive pivot table.. however i want all rows which is 0 in one column to be hidden. Is there a setting for this, or do I have to make a macro to go and hide all rows which has 0 in a certain column ? Thansk -- Ctech ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ctech's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27745 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=538405 First enter this small macro: Sub Macro1() Dim r As Range For Each r In Selection If r.Value = 0 Then ...

CRM 4.0 Marketing List and track email against the members contact history
Hello, When I send an email to members of a marketing list should the email create a copy in the history of the contact? If this doesnt happen by default is there a way of doing this? Regards Ian ...

get a list of sequence number that meet 3 criteria 12-08-09
How do i set up excel to get a list of number of 5 that meet 3 criteria? for example: 2 23 39 41 51 thanks Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Dynamic Tooltips with ASP.NET & jQuery http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/d1ebcafd-c051-40e5-bb91-1554532ecf63/dynamic-tooltips-with-asp.aspx ...

Outlook Rules: when email comes into inbox want to place email address into contact list
Hi there, Can somebody please help me create an email rule so that when an email comes into my inbox, I want to immediately take that persons email address and add it to a specified contact list. Can this be done?? Thanks Steven <stevenpelham@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1137031390.188120.152420@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi there, > > Can somebody please help me create an email rule so that when an email > comes into my inbox, I want to immediately take that persons email > address and add it to a specified contact list. > > Can this be done?? So ...

Bulk import of documents
Hi, i am still in the customisation phase but is there a facility to import documents to contacts? the current system is an accountants software package that stores the documents but basically every contact has there own folder which is named by their customer number. thanks there is nothing like this unless you develop or buy such a solution. These documents would have to be added to notes ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowechizek.com/microsoft "jjbrisbane" <jjbrisbane@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ukJick$yGHA.12...

Hide Rows based on Combobox Selection
I have a spreadsheet that I am automating. I have 15 lines with 15 comboboxes each are labeled uniquely and based on the selection I need it to hide rows on multiple sheets. Here is what I have for one combobox, they are all very similar: Private Sub ComboBox2XR_Change() Dim c As String Dim d As String c = _ Worksheets("ReportRequestXR").Cells.Find(What:="ActXR2" & i & "_BEGIN", after:=Range("A1"), LookIn:=xlFormulas, LookAt _ :=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:= _...