How do I get rid of the parantheses in APA style citations?

I would like the APA style citations in the body of the paper to now
automatically show parantheses on either side of the author and title.
Otherwise the whole bibliography feature is useless.  Any ideas?

There is no on/off switch for the brackets. Your choices are to either keep
them, or remove them altogether. If you want to remove them for all
instances, you will have to edit the style by hand.

The short version: http://bibword.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=FAQ
(especially 6 and 8 are useful)

The long version (in case you don't know XSL):

The styles are located in the

  <winword.exe>\Bibliography\Style

directory. Assuming a normal 32-bit OS with a default Office 2007
installation, that directory is

  C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\Bibliography\Style

The style you want to edit is located in APA.XSL. Create a copy of the file
and name it MyAPA.XSL. Open the file with a text editor (notepad, ...) and
look for the following lines:

  <xsl:when test="b:OfficeStyleKey">
    <xsl:text>APA</xsl:text>
  </xsl:when>

and change it to

  <xsl:when test="b:StyleName">
    <xsl:text>APA without brackets</xsl:text>
  </xsl:when>

Now when you start Word, there will be an extra style in the dropdown list,
labeled "APA without brackets".

Next you want to remove the brackets. Look for

  <xsl:if
test="msxsl:node-set($ListPopulatedWithMain)/b:Citation/b:FirstAuthor">
    <xsl:call-template name="templ_prop_OpenBracket"/>
  </xsl:if>

and remove it. This will remove the opening bracket. Then look for

  <xsl:if test="/b:Citation/b:LastAuthor">
    <xsl:call-template name="templ_prop_CloseBracket"/>
  </xsl:if>

and remove it. This will remove the closing bracket. You should be all set
now.

Yves
--
BibWord : Microsoft Word Citation and Bibliography styles
http://bibword.codeplex.com

"Jonny99" <Jonny99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like the APA style citations in the body of the paper to now
> automatically show parantheses on either side of the author and title.
> Otherwise the whole bibliography feature is useless.  Any ideas?

0
Yves

Getting Outlook 2003 to Download Header AND BODY of a Mail Like Outlook Express
A few months ago, I converted from Outlook Express to Outlook 2003, which I use against an Oracle Collaboration Suite IMAP server. Outlook Express worked flawlessly. I've still not been able to get Outlook 2003 to properly download all of my headers and bodies so that I can sync my mail and then unplug from the network and read the mail on a plane. I have configured my Send/Received Groups and changed the radio button for my IMAP "Inbox" folder to say (*) Download complete item including attachments", but if I do Send/Recieved, then unplug the network, all of the new mail ...

Getting "This page cannot be diplayed"
I have been getting the "This page cannot be diplayed" when I click on either the Investing, Planning, or Taxes button. When I am connected to the Internet it works fine, but sometimes I want to check my Debt Reduction Planner or check on how I am doing with my tax situation without having to get online. Why does Money require you to be connected to the Internet just to switch over to these modules? Is this an issue with Money 2005 Premium or is there a way to get around it. Thank you ...

Can't get simple chart to look right
I have some data which I can't show in a simple Excel chart no matter how I try! Can someone please help. I'm using Excel 2003. I just can't get the data in the right place and I can't get an evenly-spaced date/time x-axis. ------------ The data is essentially the date/time when 3 people make phone calls. At the bottom of this message is a sample of the data. FOR THE X-AXIS I would like to show the date/time for the period involved in a normal evenly-spaced way. FOR THE Y-AXIS I would like three data series each going left to right along the direction of the x-axis...

How to get #value! to return a value of 0?
My formula is like this: =A2+B2+C2. However, some of the values in the B2 column are "--," indicating "not applicable". When I use the formula, it interprets this as text, of course, and returns the error value of #VALUE! I want it to treat these as zeroes. How can I do this? I tried doing a FIND AND REPLACE, but it did not recognize any of the "-- " values in the FIND. Can anybody help? =SUM(A2:C2) would be the easiest way. SUM will ignore text. tj "rhodesv" wrote: > My formula is like this: =A2+B2+C2. However, some of the values i...

Mail from one person not getting through to another
I have a very curious problem. We have Exchange 2000 running on an SBS 2000 server. All of our internal users are in the domain and all but two of them have Windows XP desktops using Outlook 2000. The two exceptions are graphics designers who have Mac OS/X machines, have domain accounts (and mailboxes) and access their email via POP3, using built-in Mac clients. The problem is this. One of the Mac users, call him M1, can't receive any mail from one of the XP users, call him X1. What's perplexing are these things: 1) M1 can receive mail from other XP users, 2) M1 can send mail to all...

How do you get the blue title bar back in excel?
The blue title bar at the top of excel has dissapeared, how do you get it back? Hi Craig depends on why it has gone, try view / full screen to see if that works (if it doesn't, do view / full screen again to return the screen to normal view) or if it is because of a resize of the screen, right mouse click on the excel icon in the taskbar and choose resize, then try and drag the window down before maximising it again. Hope this helps Cheers JulieD "Craig" <Craig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C668815A-3AB4-4093-8FB9-B4503A9BC461@microsoft.com... >...

How to place customized scrollbar in edit control with WS_HSCROLL and WS_VSCROLL styles
Hi, My Requirement : I need flat look for scrollbar in all controls(edit, richedit, listbox, treectl, combobox etc..), Approach : Step1: I subclassed scrollbar and made flat look. Step 2: How to get CWnd* pointer of scrollbar in edit box /rich edit control/ listbox? so that I can subclass it to my customized scrollbar class. Observation : I oberserved in Spy++ Edit control with WS_HSCROLL, WS_VSCROLL is not actually creating scrollbars and embedding in edit control, it is painting in that area. Do I need to create Scrollbar and place is in the default scrollbar area? in this case I have t...

Can't get Incoming mail
Hi folks, All of a sudden, I can no longer receive email. I can send though, and=20 newsgroups still work also. (I'm using a 1.2 GHz PC with Windows XP Pro, and Windows Live Mail for = years=20 now, no changes.) Any idea how I can change my password so I can get my email again? Here's the error message: ------------------------------------------------------------ Unable to send or receive messages for the Verizon (MyName) account. An=20 incorrect password was entered. The next time you send or receive = messages,=20 you'll be asked to enter your user name and pass...

Getting Error when trying to open the deafult web page of MS CRM 4
When I try to open deafult web page of MS CRM 4.0 i am getting the following error The requested recod was not found or you do not have sufficient permissions to view it. I am logged in as the network admin account, (the account which installed MSCRM) everything else appears to be in order. Any suggestions? I am also getting the same error. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, -Chris Smeraglinolo "Karthik-" wrote: > When I try to open default web page of MS CRM 4.0 i am getting the following > error > > The requested record was not found...

How to get the drawing overlay of View DC
Hi Group Below is my function to draw a line at view (SDI Application) So i am drawing on the view DC which gets destroyed/disappears when the OnPaint gets called/(application gets focus etc). So how am i to draw on a permanent overlay of the view. I wouldnt want to go into DirectDraw now ;-) I am currently displaying image (8bit) but i want to do my drawing in colour. I used to do drawing on the overlay created by my imaging sdk, but now i want to do my own drawing. HDC hDC; CDC *pdc = NULL; hDC=GetDC(pParentView->m_hWnd); //m_hWnd of view) if(hDC) pdc = CDC::FromHandle(hDC); if(!pd...

getting RFC 821 compliant headers from FE to BE server
I figured this had to be covered already but I cannot find anything about it. when you view "full" headers in Outlook off of our backend server all it shows it the transfer from the FE server to the BE server, not the full headers starting with the originating MTA, and even then the headers on the FE don't include everything, there is some stuff, but it is definitely not a full header. I have turned on every bit of logging I can think of/find and nothing changes. so two questions: 1. Is it simply not possible to push the entire header all the way through to the backend serve...

how to get notified from the webpage to toolbar
Hi I am creating an IE Toolbar using ATL,COM and WTL without using MFC.Now I wanr to add a feature that whenever an user will sign in or signoff from a particular site(suppose yahoo.com),the buttons on the toolbar will be changed.Like yahoo.After a valid sign in this toolbar will have different buttons and after signout it will have different buttons,everything like yahoo toolbar.these buttons will allow the user to go to his personal pages as well as they will be having drop down menus which will be populated dynamically by latest alerts or news.Can anybody tell me how to proceed?Should I c...

cannot get rid of folder
I have a folder on the desktop which keeps coming back and I cant fund out at what point it comes back. I delete it and at some point it's there again. Doesnt have to be a restart. Anyone know how I can fix this? I just want to get rid of it What is its name? -- .. -- "Serve Laurijssen" <spamjunk@stnyy.rrr.com> wrote in message news:4c78fa95$0$14114$703f8584@textnews.kpn.nl... >I have a folder on the desktop which keeps coming back and I cant fund out >at what point it comes back. I delete it and at some point it's there >again. Doesnt...

Blank space gets inserted after text
For most columns, I am specifying a wrappable text format. Sometimes, after entering text in a cell, I get an extra blank line embedded at the end and I have to go back and manually close up the space. (So, if the text actually takes 2 lines, the row becomes 3 lines deep.) However, the problem is not consistent and I can't always reproduce it. Sometimes the height of the cell adjusts itself to the text just fine. I thought I may be inadvertently hitting the spacebar at the end of the last word, causing a wraparound, but that doesn't seem to be it. Any ideas? Hi Ros, Have you t...

Can we get back on track?
While I particpate in off topic conversations here, some of the more recent (mile long) threads could be taken offline. We don't need this to turn into a "coffeehouse". And I would also like to mention that the snide remarks should try to be prevented as well (ahem...that includes witches :o). FWIW, Microsoft is aware that newsgroup postings are coming in with subject lines filled out only. Since they are aware of the problem and they are working on the problem as we speak, I guess we should do what we can to educate them while trying to answer there post at the same time...

"OWA was unable to get to your inbox" after moving mailbox to ES2K #2
We are upgrading ES5.5 to ES2K with a new server. After moving mailbox from ES5.5 to the ES2K server, the mailbox shows the correct new home server in the Global Catalog in Exch Admin 5.5, but when users try to login to our OWA 5.5 they get the message "OWA was unable to get to your inbox". We are moving mailboxes incrementally to reduce impact on production, but users will still need to access OWA while the migration is in progress. Do we need to set up a second OWA instance, or is there a way to tell OWA 5.5 where to look for the mailbox on the ES2K server? You will need to conne...

Why do i get a memory leak and program crash
The code: char acBuf[MAX_PATH]; GetModuleFileName(NULL, acBuf, sizeof(acBuf)); cout << "getmodulefilename() " << acBuf << endl; std::string SysDir = acBuf; std::string SysDir2 = ""; if (strrchr(SysDir.c_str(), '\\') != NULL) { SysDir2 = SysDir.substr (0, SysDir.find_last_of ('\\')); SysDir2.append ("\\lsp.dll"); } cout << "SysDir2 = " << SysDir2 << endl; cout << "length = " << SysDir2.size() << endl; wchar_t *wSysDir = (wchar_t*) malloc(sizeof(wchar_t)); m...

Can I get rid of underlining in phone font?
When I open up a contact, all of the phone numbers are in an underlined font. Can I get rid of the underlining somehow? I tried Tools / Forms / Design this form and then changing the font to not underlined, but that appears to have created a custom form for just that one contact. So, now I also need to find out how to get rid of that custom form and replace it with one that applies to all contacts. Thanks -- Running MS Office 2K Pro PC: HP Omnibook 6000 OS: Win 2K SP-4 (5.00.2195) Email: Usenet-20031220 at spamex.com (11/03/04) ...

Cannot get HTML images in Outlook 2002
I am using Outlook 2002 (XP) and everything was fine until today when I find that I cannot get HTML images in email (displays placeholders). When I click on Format at the top, the entire menu is grayed out except for "Send pictures from the Internet" When I try Outlook Express, I get the same placeholders, but I also get a message on top telling me that blocking has occurred and I can click on that message to get the HTML content. Of course, if I use Mozilla Thunderbird, there are none of these problems! In article <MPG.1c447f616dc07de5989687@msnews.microsoft.com>, k...

Blocked Sender Still getting to My Inbox
Hi: I have blocked a sender every way possible I know, including unsubscribing to the the email multiple times, but the email still proudly shows up in my inbox. What is their secret? The culprit is customerservice@em.pryor.com. I also went to their site and added every other email they listed to my blocked senders list. It seems they are sending from a different address the "Add sender to Blocked Senders List" doesn't pick up. Any thoughts on overcoming this issue? CC > I have blocked a sender every way possible I know, including unsubscribing > to the the emai...

how do I get emails automatically without clicking send/receive
how do I get emails automatically like every certain amount of time without clicking send/receive in outlook 2003 "paul" <paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD657B4C-0872-4FCD-8F4E-B4051A1D32A1@microsoft.com... > how do I get emails automatically like every certain amount of time > without > clicking send/receive in outlook 2003 You need to set a time span for polling. Tools-Send/Receive-Send/Receive Settings-define Send/Receive Groups and check the box at the bottom ...

copy a sheet in front and rename gets a 1004 runtime error
I copy a control worksheet sheet(2) from the active workbook it places it before the control sheet. I want to change the name of the new sheet. The last line where I want to assign the name gives me a 1004 runtime error. Can you tell me how to name the sheet? the copied sheet should now be sheet(2) right? tia, Sub CpySinglePatientSht() Dim wb As Workbook Dim ws As Worksheet Dim Lname As String Dim sStr As String Set wb = ThisWorkbook wb.Sheets(2).Copy before:=wb.Sheets(2) 'copies the control worksheet and puts the copied sheet in front of it Set ws = wb.Sheets(2) s...

How to get the "Raw Message"
How do I get the raw message with full headers, etc. in outlook? In my other mail client, there is a magnifying glass on the tool bar and this opens up the raw message. I am getting a lot of spam and rejected messages and want to see the information on sender and routing that is provided in the headers but not shown in the normal outlook window. Thanks, benedikte With the message open, select View | Options -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Benedikte Wh...

New Problem... My Loop is only getting first eMail address... Please Help!
All, My Loop is only getting the first eMail address though it is reapeating the address the correct number of times. Now what am I doing wrong? Dim dbsCurrent As Database Dim rstRecords As Recordset Dim SendWhat As String SendWhat = "SELECT llListingID, pbeMailAddress FROM qryBuyerByCounty WHERE (llListingID)= " & Forms!frmSendeMailToMatchedBuyers!txtListingID & ";" Set dbsCurrent = CurrentDb() Set rstRecords = dbsCurrent.OpenRecordset(SendWhat, dbOpenDynaset, dbSeeChanges, dbOptimistic) With rstRecords Do Until .EOF txtTo = txtTo & pb...

How do I get a correct Net Total
The following Access Table captures mail Bob Jones sends to different individuals, and the cost for the day it was sent. before breaking to another customer the postage for all the week's transctions is totaled into a Gross Charge then a Credit is allowed giving the amount, Net Postage Billed, that would be billed to a customer. See Below: Bob Jones Weekly Billable Postage Package Sent To: M T W Th F Jack Smith $0.00 $2.00 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00 Rob Brown $0.00 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00 $3.00 Joan Cool $0.00 $3.00 $0.00 $0.00 $4.20 Gr...