How do I get docs to display in Details mode instead of idons?

When I open a folder in MS Word, in order to see the documents, I see a bunch
of icons. I want to see a Details view, which shows the name and date of each
document. And I don't need to see how much space it occupies. How do I set it
up to do this, instead of changing the view each time?

hi Leslie,

You could try setting up the view as you want it & then pressing [ctrl
+ cancel]. I'm not sure if it will work for you, but if not, have a read
of some of the suggestions listed in this search:
'settings in file open dialogbox to show details - Google Search'
(http://tinyurl.com/32eoh6e)

Also to make it easier for people to help, can you please list which
version of Word, Office & which operating system you are running?

hth
Rob

--
broro183

Rob Brockett. Always learning & the best way to learn is to
experience...
broro183's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=333
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=201457

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

0
broro183
5/8/2010 4:10:22 PM
Hi, Leslie,

It's been such a long time since you posted that you've probably found the
answer by now, but just in case you haven't, here's one way to do it.

Open a folder from your desktop (not from within Word). Set the folder to
display details. Across the top of the folder window, you should see a menu
item that says "Tools." Select "Folder Options," and then "View." Under
Folder Views, there should be an option button that says "Apply to All
Folders." Click it.

That should do the trick.

Jerry

"Leslie" wrote:

> When I open a folder in MS Word, in order to see the documents, I see a bunch
> of icons. I want to see a Details view, which shows the name and date of each
> document. And I don't need to see how much space it occupies. How do I set it
> up to do this, instead of changing the view each time?
That should do the trick _if_ s/he has the same version of Windows as
you (XP, perhaps?).

In Vista, it's under Organize > Folder and Search Options > View tab.

On May 10, 12:21=A0pm, Jerry <Je...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi, Leslie,
>
> It's been such a long time since you posted that you've probably found th=
> answer by now, but just in case you haven't, here's one way to do it.
>
> Open a folder from your desktop (not from within Word). Set the folder to
> display details. Across the top of the folder window, you should see a me=
nu
> item that says "Tools." Select "Folder Options," and then "View." Under
> Folder Views, there should be an option button that says "Apply to All
> Folders." Click it.
>
> That should do the trick.
>
> Jerry
>

> "Leslie" wrote:
> > When I open a folder in MS Word, in order to see the documents, I see a=
 bunch
> > of icons. I want to see a Details view, which shows the name and date o=
f each
> > document. And I don't need to see how much space it occupies. How do I =
set it
> > up to do this, instead of changing the view each time?-
0
Peter

doing save as and get message that it cant find file
I create a spreadsheet in Office 2007 and want to save it to a server on the network. I do Save As and point to server location and error message comes back saying "The file cannot be found". Only option is OK and then message pops up saing that Document was not saved. I am able to do the same operation using Office 2003. ...

Attachments sent inside message instead of attached to message
Hello! I have a user running Outlook 2002 and using Word 2002 as her email editor. She claims that up until a week ago, she was able to send attachments to people and they would show up in the attachment bar right below the subject bar. She claims that people are now getting WINMAIL.DAT files attached to her messages, and the attachments show up in the body of her messages, rather than attached to the messages. I showed her how to send in plain text format, which places the attachment in the attachment bar instead of within the body of the message. She claims that she could send in RTF prior...

2 FONT Color menu boxes that can display 2 different colors independently
Hi I need help with a code that can allow 2 FONT Color menu boxes in the toolbar that can allow me to display 2 different colors at one time independently. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements AFAIK, you can't have independent font colour buttons. You could record the steps as you apply font colour to a cell, then assi...

Same field on secondary form displaying info from primary form.
This is probably a dumb question, but I couldn't find in any of my books how to do this, so here it is. I have a form to input Lot numbers for a product, which we will call Form A. There is detailed information that is to go with each lot number, which we call Form B. I have a button on the form that opens up another form, in which the user can input the detailed information. I want this Lot Number that is typed in Form A to appear in Form B. How do I do this? Example: Form A. Lot: Q123456 "click button to enter details" Form B opens. Lot: Q123456 (this field needs to...

I get a "Disk full" message,what disk?
I am not using a disk but an excel program created by someone else and given to me by e-mail. "Deputydog" <Deputydog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E9DEFAA-0B68-46ED-9D9B-6A5A71302633@microsoft.com... >I am not using a disk Well you must be, unless you are using Excel on a mobile phone.... >but an excel program created by someone else and given > to me by e-mail. You mean an Excel WORKBOOK, not a "program". So what are you doing when this message comes up? Yes, It is a workbook. I had entered all the info, alt 4 , save, and the ...

Buy 2 get 1 50%?
Hello everyone Just a quick question: I am trying to set up discounts in RMS... I would like to use the Mix and Match feature, but I need to do a percentage discount on the item as opposed to a fixed cost discount(last I tried RMS did not allow the % character in it's string value). I need to have items automatically get discounted as they are added to the line, so don't want to Shift-F3 if I can avoid it. Thanks. The only way to do this would to use a custom discout addon. Below is one of the ones that are available. http://www.newestech.com/POS/RMS/StoreOperations/Mix&M...

Get rid of horizontal scrollbar in listbox
Hi all. Does anyone know how to get rid of the horizontal scrollbar in a listbox. I tried changing the width and it didnt work. Thanks. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Make it wider? I changed the columnwidths property to blank and it got rid of the horizontal scrollbar in my userform example. (I could play around and make the columnwidths property a little less than the width, too. (Is this on a userform?) Marcie wrote: > > Hi all. Doe...

Subform displaying all 24158 records in Products Table
I created a form/subform using the form wizard. This was based on 2 queries. 1 for the Invoice Summary and 1 for the Invoice Detail. When you select the (open the form to view or enter information option) the subform has 24158 records. All have the same Product Number but the descriptions represent every record in the Products table. All 24158 of them. The "link child fields" and "link master fields" properties are blank in the respective tables. I am obviously doing something drastically wrong. Please help. Thanks Mark You need to set the Invoice Number as the Li...

I cant open a link in a e mail keep getting a message restrictins
Every time i try to open an e mail link I get the message restictins in place please contact system administrator.It was ok before but now it keeps comming up with that message Gordon "Gorgie boy" <Gorgie boy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EBBC044D-D5B0-436E-96AC-C8D0ABAD4319@microsoft.com... > Every time i try to open an e mail link I get the message restictins in > place > please contact system administrator.It was ok before but now it keeps > comming > up with that message See if this helps: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_rest...

Set default path for doc compare?
This might apply to other Word tasks, but right now I need to compare pairs of documents in different folders. The path has 7 nodes on a network drive, and the default is to show "My Documents", so it wastes time to keep specifying the path. Every so often the system seems to remember the path that I need (don't know why this would be intermittent), but how do I set it as a default? -- Christopher Brewster Lockheed Martin, Eagan MN Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-word-general/200912/1 Addendum to my note: I used Tools&...

Displaying dates by weeks in Report
I have to display data by weeks in a report. What is the best way to do it? weeks 5/24/2010 - 5/28/2010 5 time sheets returned On Fri, 28 May 2010 06:10:01 -0700, Alaska1 <Alaska1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: I use a function that turns a date into a weeknumber in the format yyyy-ww, which I can then group by. The function uses the Format function to do this conversion. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >I have to display data by weeks in a report. What is the best way to do it? > >weeks >5/24/2010 - 5/28/2010 5 time sheets returned Is that a...

problem in getting Scope_Identity in Oracle in Visual Studio???? #2
Hi All, i'm converting my website from connecting to SQL to Connect to Oracle DB and i'm reconfiguring the DataSets and TableAdapters for that . i have function in a tableAdapter that insert in a table then get the SCOPE_IDENTITY() of the ID of the last inserted row . This the Code that refer to SQL DB: INSERT INTO [JobFunction] ([JobFunctionName]) VALUES (@JobFunctionName); SELECT SCOPE_IDENTITY() And This the Code that refer to ORACLE DB: INSERT INTO JOBFUNCTION (JOBFUNCTIONNAME) VALUES (:JOBFUNCTIONNAME); SELECT JOBFUNCTION_SEQ.nextval FROM dual The proplem is the last code gene...

Why am I getting duplicate email?
Outlook 2007 Upon upgrading from 2003 to 2007 all emails have started coming in twice. I know this is frequently caused by the way some rules may be set up. There are no rules at this time. Any ideas? Fred Can also be caused by intergrated anti virus, if you have such, uninstall the AV retest, if that cures it reinstal AV without the outlook intergration "Fred" <none@abc.com> wrote in message news:%ajXl.7614$v24.3498@newsfe13.iad... > Outlook 2007 > Upon upgrading from 2003 to 2007 all emails have started coming in twice. > I know this is frequently cause...

How to get daily rates from Bank Website automatically?
It would be great If I could get daily rates (Dollar/Rubble, Euro/ Rubble) from a Web Site of an Official Russian Bank automatically into Access. I searched the group to find out an answer how to get a specific data from a web page into access. I understand that it needs massive coding. Do you have any idea to make it easier? Thanks Steve.. Better to update the TextBoxes manually on my form by using the data from Web Site. ...

Outlook 2003
Hello, We're running Exchange Server 2003 and I've just upgraded my Outlook 2002 to Outlook 2003. I changed my account to Cached Exchange Mode and so far really like it. I have a few questions... 1. My outbound email stays in my Outbox until a Send/Receive (every 15 minutes) takes place....is this normal? 2. On a fresh install of Outlook 2003, is Cached Exchange Mode on by default? 3. I'm in non-unicode mode...not sure why though. I was using send/receive groups before the upgrade, so I renamed my local outlook.ost and let Outlook recreate it. Shouldn't it be running in un...

Get PK or autonumber of Newly appended Record
I am trying to get the primary Key "TRKID" (autonumber) of a record that i just created with the folowing code. so i can use it in another step of code. DoCmd.RunSQL _ "INSERT INTO T_Parts ( PartNumber, SerialNumber ) SELECT " & _ Me.PartNumberCombo.Column(0) & ", " & Me.SerialNumber_Txt If a new part is recieved I Create a record in my parts table and from then on i refer to that part by its TRKID "trackableID" which is a autonumber field on my T_Parts. once i create the record i want to create a few record in ...

getting started pane #3
How do I rid myself of the Getting Started Pane on the right side of the spreadsheet in Excell 2003 (Office Professional 2003) Jackson - > How do I rid myself of the Getting Started Pane on the right side of the > spreadsheet in Excell 2003 (Office Professional 2003) < Tools | Options | View | uncheck Startup Task Pane - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com Ok, so it doesn't come up when I open Excel, but it does anytime I select something (such as multiple cells and/or columns). How do I stop it from doing this? It is extremely annoying! "Mike Middleton" wrote: &g...

Iframe in opportunity form displaying related custom entity
Hi, I can't manage to find out what the correct url is for this. There's a 1-M between opportunity and custom. I've checked stunnware, but when i type the following code : - javascript:alert(document.frame[1].location) in the address bar of an opportunity form, all I get is this : - http://server/_static/blank.htm Can anyone help? Thanks! -- Nicolas Pagès i ran into the same issue and here is what worked for me. i removed the iframe from the form (published it) and then tried to get the url. this time it worked. i then added the iframe back to the form. se...

link in XML when displayed in DataSet (XmlReadMode.Auto) #2

Getting data from an open file
I need to be able to run a summary file when the files that the links are coming from are in use. Any suggestions Frank ...

how do i get an email address from microsoft outlook
I'm not sure how to set up microsoft outlook 2003 e-mail on my computer at home. A good many internet connection providers have directions on their site on how to configure Microsoft Outlook/Outlook Express on their site. Perhaps you could share who is supplying your POP3/IMAP mailbox account and someone here can reference you to a web page that covers how to setup. "aracelis" <aracelis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9BC73273-638F-46C2-8499-9DE643366EB1@microsoft.com... > I'm not sure how to set up microsoft outlook 2003 e-mail on...

Spam getting passed junk email filter
I have 5 copies of Outlook 2003 in corp. enviroment and they were doing a great job filtering out spam and then last we it was like the filter was turned off, but it is still set on high, any suggestions? adam@bruceoakley.com ...

Switching from Mixed to Native Mode
I have an Exchange 5.5 server (mail) and an Exchange 2003 server (mail03). All mailboxes and distribution lists have been moved. 2003 runs fine with the 5.5 server shutdown. What steps do I need to take to remove my 5.5 server so I can switch 2003 to native mode? Thanks in advance! -Nick http://support.microsoft.com/kb/272314 "Acoustix" <Acoustix@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E30DC047-DDE2-467B-8CAF-088629F6BE15@microsoft.com... >I have an Exchange 5.5 server (mail) and an Exchange 2003 server (mail03). > All mailboxes and distribution list...

A rule that places a new email in a sub Folder doesnt get displayed
Create a folder; Create a rule that moves new mails to that folder; Happy as larry. When a new mail arrives, outlook shows a blue numeric value next to the folder to indicate unread messages. However, if you add another folder to the folder created above, ie a sub folder and create a rule to move new email, you have to have the tree fully extended to be informed of a new email. Is there a way to see if an new email has been sent to a sub folder without having the tree list expanded? Cheers Phil What version of Outlook and what Service Pack level? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outloo...

I am getting blank messages from "myself"
I get about 4 blank messages a day, each addressed to me, and on half of them, the "sender" is listed as me. On ALL of them, I can't "block sender", because I am told that "one or more of the senders can't be blocked". I must have some sort of virus. Does anyone know the cause of this, or how I can get rid of it. Thanks. are the messages coming with any (possibly) blocked attachments? install a virus scanner (If you don't have one already) and scan for viruses. "Bob S." <rts.bob@verizon.net> wrote in message news:hm5680hbdmo1uoahdh6q...