How do I get a checkbox to check in Word?

I have a Word document form with numerous checkboxes.  I did some updates to
it and now the boxes won't check.  What can I do to get them to check and
un-check again?

Protect the document for forms.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Danieldh" <Danieldh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a Word document form with numerous checkboxes.  I did some updates
> it and now the boxes won't check.  What can I do to get them to check and
> un-check again?

0
Graham
12/29/2009 3:50:57 PM
You must protect the document.

"Danieldh" wrote:

> I have a Word document form with numerous checkboxes.  I did some updates to
> it and now the boxes won't check.  What can I do to get them to check and
> un-check again?
-1

Re-Format a Word Document
Hello! I have a huge word document, 150 pages +, that is formatted only 9cms wide by approx 14cms high. The print appears to be justified. The document has 15 chapters, headings, sub headings etc. I want to reformat the document to an A4 size page and I am having difficulties… I copied and pasted just chapter 1 to a new document, cleared the formatting and set new margins headers footers… The main problem is that I have to delete “Enters” (apologies if this is not the right expression!) at the end of every single line as they appear in the centre of sentences. Also p...

Formula check
I have a big input sheet with data that feeds a 50MB excel file. Since I have changed a lot of the formulas during a model update I want to check if there are any cells in the input sheet that are not linked to anything anymore. Since the sheet is very big is there any way to ckeck for any cell not linked by checking the whole sheet instead of doing the trace dpendents function cell after cell? Thanks. Neda If your input worksheet was called: Input Maybe you could just search the other worksheets for input! You might get a few false hits: =if(a1="","Please check your input!...

AP Check stub error
When we print a check, on the check stub where its suppose to show what is outstanding its showing double the amount of the check ..anyone have a solution Marc, Have you modified the check report in any way? If so, revert to the original layout and see if the problem recurs. Are you using third-party products such as Mekorma/Nodus MICR checks? HS "MiniMarc" <MiniMarc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64051C85-A9EB-4C43-AC56-D335F4BB7A99@microsoft.com... > When we print a check, on the check stub where its suppose to show what is > outstanding its showi...

From field getting lost
hi, The From field in the Outlook 2K screen has disappeared. If I go to View menu and custom view and add the From field, i have it back. But I have some 20 folders where this has happened. Is there an easier way to do this? I d also like to understand why and how this happened too. Cos once I am not sure if I did anything, but the field came back and after a while it was gone again. Any help please? Thanks Ramesh if you use the same view on all folders, reset the view. if you don't have custom views, you can close outlook and restart it using the /cleanviews switch. http...

MAPI spooler getting shut down for Outlook 2k
Hi, I am writing a MAPI transport provider that is working fine with Outlook XP. But when I tested the same with the Outlook 2K, when the transport provider is loaded, the spooler is getting shut down. Can anyone tell about the possible reasons which could cause the shut down of spooler? Also are there any differences in the Transport provider loading in Outlook 2K and Outlook XP as with Outlook XP i am running fine but getting the problem only with Outlook 2K? I understand the MAPI version of both should be different but my transport provider is very simple and does only basic things, so i t...

Re: Ranking my results in a query to get the TOP#10 percent
Hello, I have created several queries and now I would like to rank my result to only get the TOP 10 percent. Could you please assist me with an Access SQL statement that can accomplish this? Thanks, TL SELECT TOP 10 PERCENT * FROM somewhere ORDER BY someExpression It is not a 'rank' in itself, though, just a pick of the 'top most'. Light difference between the two expressions, but it probably does not matter... :-) Vanderghast, Access MVP "TL" <TL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6549C8D-9FDC-4568-B73F-434BAF601BD7@mi...

POP3 and SMTP servers not checked even though "Send/Receive" compl
Greetings. I am running Outlook 2002 SP3 with all updates installed on a PC running Windows XP Professional SP2. Messages are neither send or received. All messages I send remain in the Outbox. When I click "Send/receive", I'm able to see the "Outlook Send/Receve Progress" window indicating "1 of 1 Tasks have completed successfully" with a green check next to the account name, Progress "Completed". Nothing appears within the "Errors" tab. OPMLog.log reveals the following: 2005.03.30 18:30:03 <<<< Logging Started (lev...

Disable spell check in word 2007
Does anyone now hove too disable spell check in word 2007? I need to be sure that my students can't start the tool during a test. Short of uninstalling the proofing tools, there is no practical way. And, given that it requires some judgment to use the proofing tools intelligently, and students are unlikely ever to have to work without them, why hamstring them? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Oistein" <Oistein@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FC7556EF-0279-4ACE-AA...

Serial Communication How to get the baud rate of the device connected
Dear friends, this question could be stupid ....but intresting !!!!!!!!!!!!! the query is -----> i have few devices all of them use the same communication protocol(custom made not standard one). but connect at different baud rate now the problem is that i dont know the device connected at which baud rate so how can i know the baud rate of the device connected at serial port....................... again different explation----->>>> there is only one application which intrect with different devices at different baud rate but same communication protocol so how can i open the port...

Get Parent Dialog into Child window
What is the best way to pass a pointer to the parent dialog into the child? I presume you pass "this" into the CWnd* parameter, but how do you cast this pointer to the same type as the parent window (so you can access specific methods)? > What is the best way to pass a pointer to the parent dialog into the > child? Not really sure I understand the question... I thing you are doing something like a Non Modal dialog. I suppose it could be done with a Modal dialog as well. #include "SomeClass.h" class CSomeClass; //So the compiler doesn't go nuts. class CM...

can I get my addresses from Hotmail into MSN Outlook w/o retyping
I just found out that I have to use Outlook in my envelope on the toolbar -- can I change this to hotmail and how do I do it -- and can I import my address book from hotmail somehow?? try using Live mail, & then export, & import in Outlook -- Yours, Lv "Pat" <Pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:544A7F2A-7AD5-453A-B101-1B63FCEC85DA@microsoft.com... > I just found out that I have to use Outlook in my envelope on the > toolbar -- > can I change this to hotmail and how do I do it -- and can I import my > address book from hotmail someho...

Needing tech help, even paying for it, but not getting it
Yesterday, as I have on many occasions, I returned home after a two day trip and booted my computer to download my email and catch up on some work. As it has in the past, my Outlook program (Office Edition 2003)had difficulty downloading about 139 messages. I even tried turning off my Panda anti-virus to see if this would help. The email simply downloaded over and over again so that I would wind up with 15 or 20 copies of several messages while others were blocked -- with or without the anti-virus program on. I called Microsoft and paid $35 for tech help (Case SRX040428604010) but a ...

Spell check #23
I just put hooked up a new computer, and when I compose a letter in Outlook Express the spell check doesn't work, can you help. Thanks so much, Karen IIRC; It uses the spell cecker of Word for this. Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create a...

Outlook security prompt
Hi I think I have followed the instructions from http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/admin.htm but Outlook still prompts me when sending email via vba from access. One peculiar thing is that when saving changes to the form in outlook public folders I get the following message; 'The access levels on this security setting cannot be saved, probably because of an invalid password. This setting is currently set as a default setting for all users. You should either delete the setting or save it again, and type the correct password.' even though I have logged in as domain admin....

Why don't I get an error message?
I have a control on a form which is based on a field in a table. The Required property of the field in the table is set to Yes but when I enter a record and leave the control blank I don't get an error message. I want to make sure that this control is not null before the user updates the form. I was going to trap the error and show a message like "You must fill in the name" Can anyone explain why I don't get the error? Thanks Tony When you look in the table, is the record from the form saved in the table with null for the required field? Jeanette Cunningha...

How do I make checkboxes required?
I have a series of checkboxes on my form. I need the user to have clicked in each one of them to verify that step was taken before being allowed to close the screen. I selected yes on the required area of the master table, but it's still not enforcing the requirement. Any help is appreciated. (p.s. I don't know VB) Thanks! Star Taylor You can check the values of each checkbox in the Unload event of the form. If any are not checked (are either Null or value = 0) then set Cancel = 1, which will prevent the form from closing. Private Sub Form_Unload(Cancel As Integer) If IsNul...

How do I superimpose characters in Word?
I need to superimpose two characters, such as a superscript o over a dot . I have found two ways of doing it, either by using Eq field, or by condensing the space between the characters, in this case by 5. The problem is that my text is going to be exported to another program (professional book publisher), and that program does not read the field codes. Are there any other ways of doing this that are more easily convertible with other non-Office programs? Thanks. Hi Eriksten, As in the Unicode characters Ọ or ọ? (I trust these come through correctly). See: http://www.fileform...

how do i get deleted messages to be automatically remove to delet.
I want to know how to get my deleted messages to be automatically removed to my deleted folder. Right now, the messages just stay in my in-box with a line through them. jmf9u <jmf9u@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want to know how to get my deleted messages to be automatically > removed to my deleted folder. Right now, the messages just stay in > my in-box with a line through them. That's the way IMAP accounts work in Outlook. There's no way to change it. -- Brian Tillman "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in news:uF1z4wYJFHA.27...

Charts: Get source data range in VBA?
Excel 2003 I'm wanting to "resize" the data area of a chart using a macro. I have added new data below existing data, and want to extend the source data area to include the newly added data in the chart. I have found the SetSourceData method but I don't know how to identify the current data area. Is this possible? Situation: I have inherited a set of worksheets (of similiar structure) which contain historical data and are updated once a month. The existing procedure is to add the new data at the bottom of the existing data, then select the chart and stretch the sour...

I need a template for writing personal checks
I have a form set up in MS Publisher but I have to revise it everytime I want to write a check, I would like to have a template that would allow me write checks that match my personal checks. Regular size checks? There is a .wmf here, http://msauer.mvps.org/graphics.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Gee Gee Wood" <Gee Gee Wood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4B060B1D-E7D7-4DA4-9D4D-7B532A19BEBF@microsoft.com... >I have a form set up in MS Publisher but I have to revise it ever...

Outlook 2003, using Word 2002 as editor
Outlook 2003 only seems to give Word 2003 as an option for the Word editor. We only have Word 2002 installed, so the option is greyed out. How do you get it to use Word 2002? Also, is there an option to make it come up with a 'yes/no' option when you get new mail? "You have recieved new mail, would you like to read it?" Like it does in Outlook XP? Thanks! Versions must match. Always been that way. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Craig" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29e301c3afa0$dfedd600$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Out...

Creating Toolbar on Word 2000 using built-in Visual Basic Editor
Hi All, I have some queries. I am creating Toolbar on Word 2000 using built-in Visual Basic Editor. The CommandBar is created dynamically I dont know how to take the values entered in its various controls at runtime. When I enter something into ComboBox and I shift to another control the value entered in the comboBox is lost. How to prevent this. I seem to have found out the following bug: Below are the steps to reproduce the problem: I have reproduced this problem on Formatting Toolbar on Microsoft Office 2000. 1) Our office Toolbar application uses combo-box for facilating the u...

Getting 'Comments' out of GP for Customer
In GP (SQL install) I need to extract Comments for various tables. I see a 'Notes Index' field that seems to reference another table where these comments are stored. Is this correct, and if so, what is the table name for these comments? I'd like to extract them using query analyzer. Thank you for your help. Regards, Diane Diane, This is correct. The notes are all in the SY03900 table. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "Diane" <Diane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FFB0ABAD-5D42-453D-9F5F-300C5FA98EF8@microsof...

Programmaticaly (vba) get the mailbox size of a specific mailbox
HI, I hope is the appropriate group to ask this question : I'm trying to find , programmaticaly in VBA, the current mailbox size of a specific mailbox. I have tried to do it thru a MAPI.Session or thru winmgmts but wihtout success because I do not have the appropriate permissions. What I'm currently doing now is to query the Active Directory (server 2003) and I can find the fields like submissionContlength,delivContLength... but I cannot find (if it exists) the current mailbox size of a specific mailbox. Is there a way to query the AD to get this info ? should I go thru a MAPI...

Check boxes on spreasheet
I have three checkboxes on a spreadsheet, yes, no, unsure. I want to allow the user to only click on one of these - how do i do that? Option Buttons rather than checkboxes allow only one choice to b selected. Clive Jas Wrote: > I have three checkboxes on a spreadsheet, yes, no, unsure. I want t > allow > the user to only click on one of these - how do i do that -- Clivey_U ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Clivey_UK's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3256 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.co...