How do I create an A3 size document using Windows 7

A3 is not listed in the pre-set schedule of document sizes in Windows 7
(unlike previous versions of Windows).
How do I create such a document using Windows 7?

Does your printer support A3? Word/Windows will display the paper sizes
supported by the default (or currently active) printer.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"A3 documents in Windows 7" <A3 documents in Windows
7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> A3 is not listed in the pre-set schedule of document sizes in Windows 7
> (unlike previous versions of Windows).
> How do I create such a document using Windows 7?

0
Suzanne

Creating a display field that displays total of other form fields
First, don't laugh at my hobby. I am trying to develop a database to track my rather extensive gift card collection. I am using Access 2003. I have the database / table set up as well as the forms, queries and reports. (that whole learning process practically proved to be a second hobby of it's own). My problem is that my table / database has a Quantity field. I want this Quantity field to automatically calculate the total Quantity of a single gift card design for me based on the data entry I input from the Form. I want this Quantity field to auto-calculate and auto-updat...

Deleting Msgs after using Inbox Repair Tool
Outlook 2000, XP Pro. After using the Inbox Repair Tool I am unable to delete email messages received before using the repair tool. I reviewed the knowledge base, but did not find anything to help. Need help to delete these old emails. Andy <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Outlook 2000, XP Pro. After using the Inbox Repair Tool > I am unable to delete email messages received before > using the repair tool. I reviewed the knowledge base, > but did not find anything to help. Need help to delete > these old emails. In this case, if it wer me, I'...

MDI Child window with no borders
I would like to make an MDI Child window with no borders... that is, no title bar, no sizing borders, nothing. All I want is a blank background without ANY windows controls, borders or anything else on it (basically, I want to completely draw my own type of window). I tried turning some styles off in PreCreateWindow of my child window class, but I still get borders no matter what I turn off (so it seems). Am I forgetting something? How would I go about doing this? Thanks! Duy Lam Modify the existing child frame class, or if you have many views, create a new child frame class for the view yo...

Do I need to build a new platform (creat new nk.bin)
Hi every one, I am new here and I will be happy to get youre help. I am not so good in platform building but I must now do it. We are Working with ICOP board vx86-6042a (http://www.dmp.com.tw/tech/ icop_cd/DataSheet/Half-Size/Vx86-6042.pdf) we have a platform that is ok for us so we copy it to any new computer. We are using COM1 only, now we need COM2 too but it is not working, what is interesting is that I am going to COM1 and plugging in my rs232 to COM2 as it is on the link picture. I have a few Questions 1. Is this disorder with the come's a problem in board or in platform ...

Invisible Window
I'd like to write a MFC application that does not draw itself in OnPaint. The idea is that to close the app, one would have to kill the process in Task manager. The idea is to play .wav files of Boomhauer from King of the Hill, but the computer novices will look for the application on the task bar at the bottom, but nothing will be displayed there. Special Agent Orange wrote: > I'd like to write a MFC application that does not draw itself in > OnPaint. The idea is that to close the app, one would have to kill the > process in Task manager. > > The idea is to play .w...

Email is not creating in outbox nor in sent item
I use ms word mail merge to send email from outlook. It was working fine long time but problem started here 1. When I added new pst file so that i can add another personal folder so that i can use two email address and keep each email address correpounding email in seperate personal folder 2. As soon as I created another personal folder, I started MS word Mail merge wizard. It was working fine till last step, even it is showing that it is creating email. 3. But when I looked to outlook it is not showing even single email in outbox folder. nor in sent item. 4. I just deleted that add...

Message Rules using <or>
Hello, How do I create a rule that deals with messages sent from certain people OR (rather than AND) sent to a specific one of my addresses? Bob Bob Brannon <bbran@nowhere.com> wrote: > How do I create a rule that deals with messages sent from certain > people OR (rather than AND) sent to a specific one of my addresses? Two rules. -- Brian Tillman ...

word document 01-28-10
While in a word document I accidentally hit the default button and changed my settings. Now when I open word it opens in landscape form and a booklet style. How do I get it to go back to a normal page Assuming that you are using Word 2007, do the following: On the Page Layout tab, click the dialog launcher button (the little arrow on the bottom right) of the Page Setup group. In the Page Setup dialog box, click the Margins tab. Change the the orientation to "Portrait" and choose "Normal" for "Multiple pages." Then click the Default button. If/when ...

How do I set up a macro to turn on Windows in Taskbar in Excel 200
I have a shared workbook in Excel 2000 that is automatically turning off Windows in Taskbar whenver it is opened and I can't see why. Does anyone out there know a macro that will automatically turn on the Windows in Taskbar option in Excel when the workbook is opened? Thanks David Lee David Add the following line code to an Auto_Open or Workbook_Open event: Application.ShowWindowsInTaskbar = True *pretty sure that was in Office 2000, I am in 2003 so I wasn't able to check... -- Charles www.officezealot.com "David Lee - NZ" <David Lee - NZ@discussions.micros...

Windows 7
Can the Windows Media Player on Windows 7 be like the version 10 for XP where when it is minimized, it has the player go into the lower right hand side next to the clock and show controls for media(play, stop, previous song and next song) and show song and artist info for new songs when playing a playlist? On Sat, 2 Jan 2010 02:23:01 -0800, Live music library search <Livemusiclibrarysearch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can the Windows Media Player on Windows 7 be like the version 10 for XP where >when it is minimized, it has the player go into the lower right h...

Error when migrating data from csv file to crm 3 using scribe
I have been trying to migrate data from a .csv file into MS CRM 3 using scribe. When I test the job after doing my connecting and datalinks it executes properly, however, when I run the job it only does on average 12 successful inserts and 11 failed inserts then gives me an error. The error is :"fatal error. Execution terminated - failuere fetching source rows" when I click on the error info button I get a database error " Error 1005. [22018] SQL call failed. Invalid character value" the details of the message :"source[DataDirect][ODBC Driver]" Could someone...

Creating a dynamic asset allocation chart
I was inspired by a recent E-Trade commercial to build a financial portfolio pie chart using Excel. The chart I have in mind would show the percent breakdown of asset allocation (e.g., cash, large cap stocks, small cap stock, etc). This is the data table format I had in mind: Financial Institute (column 1), Allocation (column 2), and Amount (column 3) e.g., BofA Cash $1600 Fidelity Large Cap $1000 Fidelity Cash $101 As I update my allocation, say, move some cash to small cap stocks, the chart would automatically display my new ...

iif statement using time
I would like to create an iif statement to peform this: I have a form that has a button employees click to login. When they click this button, the time appears in a textbox ([Login]). I would like for another textbox ([Report]) to show whether or not the employee was late. The new textbox ([Report]) should say the words "Late" or "OK" depending on whether or not they logged in before 8:05 AM. Thanks. If it is JUST the time in the LOGIN then you should be able to use =IIF([Login]<=#08:05:00 AM#,"OK","Late") John Spencer Ac...

Default Window Sizes
Hi, Does anyone know if there is a way of changing the size and location of the default window which opens when you view an object in design view? For some reason, when I design a table, the window takes up my entire application window, and when I open a query, the window is wide (off the edge of the app window) and has very little height. Just annoying as it means I need to resize these windows every time I design a table or a query. Many thanks to anyone who can give me any pointers, Jim P.S. I am using WinXP/Acc2003 Try hitting the save button after you've resized and repos...

windows\installer corrupt or unreadable
Brand new computer. Windows 7. Every time start up message in lower right reads c:windows/installer corrupt or unreadable run chkdsk utility. When I run chkdsk utility fast flash of black on monitor and message continues to pop up every time computer is rebooted. Can't find file on computer. Can't download anything receiving message that temporary files are full even when I empty them. Any advice much appreciated. -- boochose Posted via http://www.win7heads.com How does this pertain to Windows Update? boochose wrote: > Brand new computer. Windows 7. E...

Excel opens with no document -
Where is the default document for excel when it is launched? I am looking for the normal.dot of the excel world. Symptom: When I open an excel document it launches excel.exe to a blank grey screen. When I open a new Excel document and close it the document I opened is maximized at that point. I was thinking about recreating or pointing to the default excel document if it exists. First try the usual tweaks. Reboot your system. Start Excel with Start - Run - type: excel /unregserver, then excel.exe /regserver. It will start, put in all factory default registry settings, then end. Now ...

E-Pay update window locks?
Hello -- I'm having trouble getting my online payment to work properly. My regular updates seem to work fine, and I've asked it to schedule some A-Pays, which it did successfully, but that I then later deleted. Now I'm trying to send a regular Epay, and the update window just stays up and locks, ultimately forcing me to close the whole application with Task Manager. When I log on to my bank through a regular browser I see that the payment has been scheduled, but it's still registered as unpaid in the Bill Pay area in Money. I then told it to try paying it again, t...

6.0 or 2005.If I want to write a software for windows 98,2000,XP, what should I choose better?
Read the subject, and help me, thank you. ...

window mail 12-08-09
I no longer am receiving my email. Instead I am receiving my husbands. What happeneded that this change occured and how do you fix it so I can receive my email? Do you have separate Vista login accounts? If you access both accounts under one login accounts, then you will get emails for both. Windows Mail dumps all email from all accounts into one Inbox. If you have separate Vista login accounts, then configure Windows Mail in each account to only access that person's email. "chris" <chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E626DEF-CF...

Windows Users, Download Out Of Band Patch Immediately!
Use http://www.microsoft.com/downloads, Or Download It From Windows Update. Please Note That CNBC Said that even if you have IE disabled, an Intruder could still get in if IE is installed on your computer (which means that it affects everyone except Windows 95 and Older Users)! Did You Know That CNBC Said For You To Take Your Medicine? Just FYI. They Said That You Need To Schedule More Visits With Your Psychiatrist. Just FYI. Just FYI. Just FYI. "Kevin John Panzke" <kevin.panzke@gmail.com> wrote in message news:02750795-1aed-4c49-9875-c35a4fd4ff29@a6g200...

Using Double variable with a C++ dll
Hi, I am using a dll written in C++. One of the declarations is : (In a module) Public Declare Function S52_moveView Lib "libS52.dll" _ (ByVal horizontal As Double, ByVal vertical As Double) As Long (In the code of a form) Select Case KeyCode Case vbKeyUp S52_moveView 0#, 1# Case vbKeyDown S52_moveView 0#, -1# End Select When passing a negative value (with vbKeyDown), the program jams, with an overflow error, or with a division by zero error. I have no idea why this occcurs. Thank you for reading me, an...

[help] using $env
i have a system variable named repo an example of it is.. set repo = \\server im trying to create a shortcut that links to that path, but i can't get the syntax/format right.. here's what i've come out with so far. but it'll probably read $env:tilltheend rather than $env:repo\blabla... if you know what i mean.. how do i get this right? $lnk.WorkingDirectory = "$env:repo\win7\netsetup\scripts" if theres a better way do post so, thanks!! Irwin wrote: > i have a system variable named repo > > an example of it is.. > set repo = \\s...

Creating New Accounts Using TSQL
We've got a hefty Chart of Accounts that we use for managing an investment partnership. Each time a new investor comes aboard, we need to create about 80 accounts for that investor - some of them top-level posting accounts, others will be children of a posting allocation breakdown, etc. In any case, I'm just wondering if there's a way to create these 80 accounts by directly inserting rows into the database tables? Is this possible or unrealistic - we have a couple of SQL gurus that generally understand the GLXXXXX tables, but won't dive into specific possibilities withou...

Tasks created by one user show up in another users Outlook
I'm looking into this problem for a company that has their own Exchange server. The problem is that one user is creating tasks in Outlook and some of them are winding up in someone elses Outlook. When this happens they are no longer available in her Outlook and just appear in the other users task list. She does have access to the other users Calendar and task but she does not have his task list open. She's not moving them into his calendar and she's not assigning them to him. Has anyone every had this happen? They are using Outlook 2003. In news:1166727205.224516.163490@42g200...

How can I stop my computer saving documents as Read Only?
I find it irritating when files save as Read Only. If I edit them I have to save again under another name. Then the original file can be neither moved or deleted. How can I stop files being saved as Read Only? "StellaB" wrote: > I find it irritating when files save as Read Only. If I edit them I have to > save again under another name. Then the original file can be neither moved > or deleted. How can I stop files being saved as Read Only? Make sure the file is not protected. Under the Review tab under Protect Document make sure it is Unrestricted...