How do I count words line by line and see them on the left colum?

I need to have a cumulative line-by-line word count, reflected within my
document, on the left hand side.

Word does not provide any built-in way to do this, and I don't believe it
would be feasible even with fields or macros. You would have to do it
manually.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"MimiT" <MimiT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need to have a cumulative line-by-line word count, reflected within my
> document, on the left hand side.

0
Suzanne

Line Items skipped in PO Generation
We are currently using Dynamics GP v9.0. Our Purchasing Agent has been having a problem now for a couple of months when printing Purchase Orders - As she enters each item, they show correctly on the screen (1, 2, 3, etc), however upon printing the PO, line 2 (or 3) is left blank and then becomes 3 or whatever the next line item would be. The item is not 'skipped' on the PO, just moved down one line item, thus creating a 'blank' line item so that the vendor then thinks there is a line item missing. Any suggestions? This is happening whether there are two items or 20. t...

Record Count 10-02-07
Experts, I'm trying to dynamically stored the record count from a subform into a field on my form. Now I have to look at the record count on the subform and manually entered the count into a field on form. There must be a better way. Please help! In the Control Source property of a text box on the main form: =[SubFormControlName].[Form].[recordset].[RecordCount] Where SubFormControlName is the name of the subform control, Not the name of the form that is the Source Object of the subform control. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Shiller" wrote: > Experts, >...

Importing five row list from word 2003 to excel
I have a Word five row list I would like to import into Excel in a five column list. Every hundred items or so their is a new heading. What do I do? If it is in a word table you can cut and paste it. But you will have to reformat it. Once you get it into excel you can sort it and delete the duplicate headers. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

What is wrong with this line?
mySeries[1] = mySeriesCollection.Add(myWorksheet.get_Range("D2", "D13"), Excel.XlRowCol.xlColumns, false, false, false); Causes this error... System.InvalidCastException was unhandled OleAut reported a type mismatch. What am I doing wrong? ...

Count column difference
Hi Using MSExcel 97. I have two columns of data e.g. A1: A4, containing values 5,10, 3, 6 B1:B4, containing values 3, 8, 7, 4 I wish to perform a count (e.g. in C5) of the number of rows where the value in column A exceeds the respective value in column B (in this case count = 3, as A1>B1, A2>B2, and A4>B4). Just cannot get my formula right. Tried using an array (but difficult when comparing the difference between two columns), and COUNT. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Wizzy ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.co...

Pivot Table
I've this problem, when I drag the fields into the "Data" area, it will show as "Count of Q1 Results". But what I actually want is "Sum of Q1 Results". I would have to manually go to field setting and reconfigure from count to sum. It happens for all the fields I drag into the "Data" area. Is there any way around this? Thanks. If there are blank cells, or cells with text, in the column, Excel will default to the Count function when the field is added to the data area. If the column contains only numbers, it should default to Sum. Derrick wr...

cant print spread sheet with lines on it
i am trying to put some info onto excel but when i print it out i only get the print and not the grid lines can somebody tell me the correct settings thanks. File > Page Setup > Sheet tab > Put a checkmark in 'Gridlines'. Hope this helps. George Gee "steve earle" <steve earle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6017023B-592D-400B-A671-8B65C1BB02A4@microsoft.com... >i am trying to put some info onto excel but when i print it out i only get > the print and not the grid lines can somebody tell me the correct settings > thanks. t...

Series order conflicts with line order
I've set my series in the order that I want, however, it conflicts with the visual layout of the lines. One data line (less important) visually obstructs another line in the chart. Is there a way to change the layout order (without changing the series order), i.e., forcing it "back" or "behind" another line. Thanks. Diana Hi, Perhaps you could use the secondary axis, which will plot lines in front of the primary axis series. Add a new series based on the same cells and set it to the secondary axis. That should sort the obstruction. You will then need to remo...

how do i type words in a circle
I am trying to type very bold (72 pt) in a circle any help??? From the left select Word Art. It is a red W with a blue A on the icon. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "nancy@sb" <nancy@sb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AF648BB-EB1F-43FB-B0B4-4C8D69656586@microsoft.com... >I am trying to type very bold (72 pt) in a circle > any help??? Hey Don, the WordArt icon is a slanted blue W in 2003 & 07. It will be the same on the 2010 ribbon. I have a WordArt circle on my web page. Scroll way down. http://msauer.mvps....

polynomial formula for a line graph...
Hi. I haven't looked at this feature in a couple of years. Excel can give you the formula for a charted function... what I mean is, given a few data points, it can create a best fit curve, and display the function that it used to do that... Would someone remind me where, please? Thanks. Hi, Right click the data series and pick Add Trendline. From the dialog you can choose the type of trend line and whether to display the formula. Cheers Andy mark wrote: > Hi. > > I haven't looked at this feature in a couple of years. > > Excel can give you the formula for ...

Can you make a crossword puzzle by putting the words in?
I have to make a crossword puzzle for one of my classes, and was wondering if there is a program on my computer that will show me how to make the crossword puzzles. If you can help that would be great. Perhaps this MS link would be of interest: http://www.microsoft.com/education/Crossword.aspx "Design a Crossword Puzzle in Microsoft Excel" -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1° 22' N 103° 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "Kat" wrote: > I have to make a crossword puzzle for one of my classes, and was wondering if > there is ...

Three words to describe Money 2005...
Wasted screen space. Holy cow! This a TERRIBLE use of screen real estate. In register view, nearly 25% of the scren is filled up with the toolbars and *WHITE* space with no meaningful information! Whoever designed this interface, pretty though it is, lost sight of what's important: information. I'm terribly disappointed. I've never felt like Money had too much fluff... until now :( ...

dialog based app & command line
Hello, I'm trying to launch my application with command line arguments, but I received an error, without any identification number of it. The MessageBox tolds me: "Runtime error" "the path to my exe file" "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact...". Have somebody a ideea where is the problem? Thank you a lot in advance, Alex PS: When I debbutg the appllication with command line args. from project properties the app. starts very well Try setting the start command line options fro...

Set Left and Right Margins in Headers and Footers
How do I set the left and right margins in headers and footers in Excel Select, File, Page Setup and the Margins tab. Bob Flanagan Macro Systems http://www.add-ins.com Productivity add-ins and downloadable books on VB macros for Excel "Simon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FAD168AF-D83F-418A-8A72-4C0C28E8A192@microsoft.com... > How do I set the left and right margins in headers and footers in Excel Thank you for your response While I can see that this sets the Vertical position (Top and Bottom) of the headers and footers it does not set the...

Equation of smoothed line between points
HI, I know I can add a trend line and get the equation for it. But the data I have does not really fit the trendline types offered. When I just add a line between the points and it is in SMOOTHED mode, is there any way to get that equations. Or at least to find values on that line between existing data points. And I realize I could linearly interpolate between those point, but I would rather have the smoothed line. THanks for the help. -- Mark Mesarch School of Natural Resources University of Nebraska-Lincoln You realize that the smoothing is not rigorously defined to track the da...

Copying specific data from Word to Excel
What I need to do is 1) Extract the monetary amount (always after the 2nd asterisk (*) after the letters BPR. 2) Extract the number (always after the 2nd asterisk (*) after the letters TRN. 3) Place the numbers in the same row on an Excel spreadsheet. 4) Repeat to the end of the document. Sample data BPR*I*925.79*C*ACH*CCP*01*xxxxxxxxxxxx*DA*xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx*xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx**01*xxxxxxxxxxxx*DA*xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx*20091126~TRN*1*999999999*xxxxxxxxxxxx The file I need to extract from is always text. Is this better done from a Word macro or an Excel macro. Or can it be done at al...

Why can't I see my pictures?
I cannot see my pictures? I am using Microsoft Office Publisher 2003. -- Miss Jackson Manhattan, NY Ms. Jackson <Laurynwms@hotmail.com> wrote: >I cannot see my pictures? I am using Microsoft Office Publisher 2003. And you can't see your text either, right? Read the fourth FAQ here http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Ms. Jackson" <Laurynwms@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:7F3C0553-A0A5-464B-AC5C-9CB6DF494AA0@microsoft.com... >I ca...

Counting in a Report
I have the following entered for the Control Source in a group header text box on my report: =Abs(Sum([CountOfGoal])) Now in the footer of my report I want to add the result of those text boxes in another text box. What should I enter for the Control Source of that text box? Thanks, CEV "CEV" <chadv@advancebkg.com> wrote in message <evr8e50dpb@enews1.newsguy.com>: > I have the following entered for the Control Source in a group header > text box on my report: > > =Abs(Sum([CountOfGoal])) > > Now in the footer of my report I want to add the re...

Moveable Vertical Line
I am trying to create a chart with two vertical lines that are moveable by the user clicking and dragging them to a spot on the chart. One line is for the starting x value and one is for the ending x value inside the given range. Once I have the start and end lines placed I would like to do an average of all the values that fall in between them. And also find the min/max values. What I am having trouble doing is creating a vertical line that a user can click on and move to whatever x value they want. I can create the line but how do I assign it's position to a particular x value??? A...

adding a line to an existing chart
Hi, I have a chart with bars and two lines but I want to add another line on top of what I already have...can I do this if so, how? I have tried many things but it is not showing up. Please provide as much detail as possible, as I am fairly new to this. JudyT Select the data for the new line (say F2:F20) Click the Copy tool Click the chart Use menu command Edit | Past Special; specify New Series; click OK Suppose the data is G2:F20 with new x-values in column F Select the data for the new line (say G2:F20) Click the Copy tool Click the chart Use menu command Edit | Past Special; speci...

How can I save Visio as Word to allow an edit in Word?
I have several flow diagrams that my national director wants saved in Word format so she can "play" with them. No matter the format I choose to save the files, no matter the times I save with a different file extension, the page always opens in Visio. Is there any way to save the files to allow editing in Word? I really don't want to have to do these all over again. And no, she has no intention of learning how to use Visio. Thanks! unfortunately her desire to edit them in word will go unfulfilled. al "Mollyb" <Mollyb@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

CFile write line feed VC++
I would like to know how to write a line feed or cursor return using CFile. I am new to VC++ net. It must me simple but I can't find it in the documentation. Thanks in advance. ---Mike folderann wrote: > I would like to know how to write a line feed or cursor return using > CFile. > > I am new to VC++ net. It must me simple but I can't find it in the > documentation. Thanks in advance. ---Mike "\n" is a line feed. CFile f; if (f.Open("C:\\lf.txt", CFile::modeCreate | CFile::modeReadWrite )) { f.Write("\n", 1); f.Close(); }...

Formula to display Count of Days in given month, using list of Start and End Dates
I have a large number of rows that contain a start date and end date. I am attempting to generate a count of days within that date range that are in a particular month, for example, Jan of 2011. Any suggestions for a formula that could be used to display the amounts shown in Column C would be helpful. Layout is: A B C Start Date End Date Count of Days in Jan2011 1/10/11 4/7/11 21 2/6/11 3/1/11 0 12/20/10 2/15/11 31 Etc. Dave, I think the best way is to create a table f...

line space
H One user with OS X and Office V. x having line space problem in word. Line space is very big. I have reinstalled office, dump user preferences but still having the same problem. If I log on as a different user its work fine. Please help In article <6DFABBD5-3423-4F37-B802-BE232639402C@microsoft.com>, hbr <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi > > One user with OS X and Office V. x having line space problem in word. Line > space is very big. I have reinstalled office, dump user preferences but still > having the same problem. If I log on as a diff...

On-line quotes server does not work
OK - there are numerous posts in this Newsgroup stating that the on-line update to stock quotes and news does not work - everyone getting the "unable to connect to quotes server" error. Is it working for anyone? I switched from Quicken to Money and I'm about to switch back - at least Quicken can do something as simple as downloading quotes from a server reliably. Anyone home at Microsoft? On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 21:40:12 -0800, "Anyone home at Microsoft? Hello?" <fbella@aol.com> wrote: > >OK - there are numerous posts in this Newsgroup stating >that...