How do I correct formula display errors?

I use Word 2003, and recently formulas created by my professor do not display
properly on my laptop.  For instance, the ampersand symbol seems to appear
where some superscripting or ' characters should be.  What is the problem and
solution?

Hello Brian

brian wrote:
> I use Word 2003, and recently formulas created by my professor do not display
> properly on my laptop.  For instance, the ampersand symbol seems to appear
> where some superscripting or ' characters should be.  What is the problem and
> solution?

what version of Word has your professor been using, and what file type
has he saved as?

If you're both on the same version, chances are you're lacking (or have
a damaged) font file on your installation.

0.2¢
Robert
--
  /"\  ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |
  \ /                        |  MVP |     Scientific Reports

Synch Error 0X8004010F OAB
Exchange 2003 w/Outlook 2003 - I have reviewed lot's of posts on the OAB Error but I don't see anyone being able to resolve it. I have been dealing with this issue for 3 months now. I have worked through each of the three Tech Notes I can find and no luck - zero. Has anyone been able to resolve this issue? Is this a bug in Exchange 2003 with Outlook 2003? I would really love to find someone - anyone - who has been able to resolve their issue on this one. Also, has anyone been the Microsoft Product Support Services route on this yet? This is what my users see every day fo...

How do I display daily duty timings (day/night) of employees for .
I am looking for a template that would permit me to display the work timings of my 30 employees. They either work the day shift or the night shift. ...

error message
Extended MAPI 1.0 for Windows 95 used an uninitialized function pointer. How do I fix this? It used mapi32x.dll ...

Error Message 550 5.7.1
i recive the following message - i use outlook 2002:- our message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: FW: test Sent: 12/15/2003 4:21 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Osama Haiba (osama.h@york-egypt.com.eg) on 12/15/2003 4:21 AM 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for osama.h@york- egypt.com.eg Set your incoming server to authenticate using your outgoing server credentials. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual ...

Old emails not displayed (Multiple PC's using same inbox)
I have 2 machines running XP and Outlook 2000. Both mahcines are setup to using the same Exchange Server email account. When i open outlook in one machine all mail are visable is the inbox, and new mail is received correctly. But if i opne Outlook on the second machine my inbox is empty. Any new mails will appear quickly then disappear. I cannot get the second machine to display old emails. If I leave the first machine off, all new mail will stay in the second machines inbox, but if I open outlook on the second machine all mail disappears and is shown in the first machines inbox. A...

Run-time error 2465 after database import
I'm trying to tidy up a database by starting with a fresh, blank database (Access 2000) and importing everything from the original database. Here are the steps I've gone through: 1. Started with a blank database. 2. Set all the properties to be the same as the original database. I've set the properties in: - File / Database Properties - Tools / Startup - Tools / Options - Visual Basic Editor - Tools / database Properties - Visual Basic Editor - Tools / Options - Visual Basic Editor - Tools / References 3. Selected File / Get External Data / Import and ...

Exchange 2003 or Outlook 2003 error
This is only happening with one of our users, and I am trying to figure out if it is with there Outlook 2003 Client or if it is with our Exchange 2003 server. I have read other posts about this however I could not tell if the error was with one or all of the clients. Also they seemed to indicate it was for outside there domain, ours is happening for both outside and inside when a mail is sent to a user on the same server and domain. They have not received the error (to my knowledge) from OWA. Error: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject...

error when opening .accdb file
I don't think this is a new issue but I can't seem to find the resolution... I get an error when opening my Access 2007 formatted database stating that the file could not be found, though at the same time the file opens successfully. -- Error is intermittent. On occasions where the error does not occur, the file opens normally (I have never had an occasion where the file did not open at all) -- I have only seen the error happen when I have a 'Display Form' set in the Application Options for the 'Current Database' -- The database contains macros, VBA m...

Message "An error has occured" when click Activity
Hi All, After creating a new case, when i try to create a new email activity, message "An error has occured. Please contact your system administrator". Has anybody encounter this issue before? Previously it was working fine, after we import the customization. I have problem to create new email activity. Thanks. -- Regards, Venedict what does the Event Viewer say? "Venedict" wrote: > Hi All, > > After creating a new case, when i try to create a new email activity, > message "An error has occured. Please contact your system administrator". &g...

User Display name
I have a minor issue I cannot figure out. One of my CRM users display's as FirstName, LastName the rest as Lastname,FirstName. How do I get them all to display correctly? Thanks in the organization settings of CRM you can set the full name format. unfortunately when you change this is does not update existing records...only newly created ones. "MattB" <MattB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ECC6A9CF-6E69-478E-8D41-F4A1C0EEACAF@microsoft.com... >I have a minor issue I cannot figure out. > One of my CRM users display's as FirstName, LastName ...

Exchange VSS Writer Error
Hi, Our Exchange Server ( running on Win2003, Exch2003-SP1 ) is having backup issues since the active backup job was interrupted by a network failure. Network switch's power was interrupted during an active backup job. After the incident, I am having error when I try to start the exchange backup. I am using Veritas Backup veritas 10 to do the backup job. I have tried to use the windows native backup but is facing the similar problem also. The following is the event details when i try to activate a backup job Event Type: Information Event Source: NTBackup Event Category: None ...

help with lookup formula (sheet 2, not a double post)
I need to make a formula using a lookup. The first spreadsheet is a inventory (ALO INVENTORY JP). The second (P&G 103) is a chart tha tells number of gallons of alcohol per foot/inch/fraction. On ALO INVENTORY JP I insert the # of feet, inches, and the fraction i cells R5 and T5. I want these numbers to lookup the number of gallon off of the P&G 103 worksheet. For example: P&G 103 (on inventory sheet) is 26ft 4 1/2 inches, i should look-up to be 34572 gal. for the 26'4" and 55 gal. for the 1/2" These two numbers should be added together and multiplied by the numbe ...

Help with displaying the contents of the last populate cell.
I have numerous sheets within a book where all cells in column C in all sheets have the following formula “=IF(ISBLANK(P4),"",(R3-P4))”. For you reference both columns P and R hold a monetary value and are formatted as Currency. Is there a way that cell D1 can automatically be populated with the contents of the last cell in column C that has a value in it. E.G. Sheet 1, cell C19 has a value of 200, therefore cell D1 should be 200. Sheet 2, cell C25 has a value of 250, therefore cell D1 should be 250. Sheet 3, cell C99 has a value of 900, therefore cell D1 should be 900. Any h...

Formula to process 3 cells using IF statements
I have 3 columns of experimental data (C:E). Row 30 contains the sums (C30:E30). I need a formula that will examine the three sums and return the column number that has the lowest sum. If more than one column is lowest, select one randomly. Example: C30 D30 E30 Result 10 11 12 1 (C) 22 20 21 2 (D) 32 31 30 3 (E) 40 41 40 Randomly select 1 or 3 51 50 50 Randomly select 2 or 3 60 60 60 Randonly select 1, 2, or 3 Can this be done with IF statements or do I need to write a macro? Well, this is a bit cumbersome, but it se...

Pointing to correct macro path using excel custom toolbar
I have created an excel 2000 template (.xlt) containing a number o macros. When I open copies of this template on various pcs, the macro function correctly, except I cannot successfully run the macros usin the custom toolbar I created, because (I think) within the toolbar th paths to the macros are pointed to the original location on my pc. An advice on how I can resolve this would be gratefully received -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Have you thought about building the toolbar when the file opens? Or maybe separating the worksheet portion of the template from the code pa...

MSDE Installation Error
During the MSDE 2000 installation portion, afrer you input your password the app looks like it will install but I almost immediately get an error stating: Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine Setup failed to configure the server. Refer to the server error logs and setup error logs for more information. I looked for log files in the server Even Viewer and elsewhere and cannot find anything relevent. This same error happens if I try to download and install MSDE 2000 as a standalone but with the complex password setting in the Command Prompt. There are PC's on the domain that are alr...

how do i enter data for a # of years using a formula?
i am working on excel and the book asks that i enter data s=using formulas for specifically the last three years of what i am referencing to. and i have to know how to us the copy command button. can anyone help ...

How analyze Error Report Contents information?
My MFC application crashed during testing, and the tester sent me a screenshot of the Error Report Contents dialog, which at least shows that it was our good friend the 0xc0000005 error, and gives the address at which the exception occurred. Is there any way to take that address, and look in the MAP file the linker generated, and figure out in which function the problem occurred? I've looked at some of the appcompat.txt files generated on my machine, and they don't seem to contain anything that would help me map address to function. Thanks! Chris There is a very good articl...

error no memory with one workbook
Hi I have a workbook 1 that i have been working on for many years adding new sheet macros etc But lately if i open workbook 1 on its own it is fine but if i try and open another workbook (with or without macros enabled) i get a message box say "Not enough memory" and will not let me open the second workbook, I have tried deleting all the modules and all forms thinking they might be the trouble, but still no joy If i close workbook 1 and open the other workbooks, they open fine and work fine macros etc so this leads me to think that it is workbook 1 that is creating the problem, h...

share workbook error
I am using excel 2007 and am trying to share a workbook. review/share workbook Then I get the message that the file is no longer shared. How can I share the workbook? ...

how do I change cell references automatically in formulas
In Excel 2000, I have data in 80 rows and 10 columns. Each week I add a new row. I have a separate chart for each column with the data range from the first row to the last.. Each week I have to change the data range to reflect the new last row for each chart. Is there someway I can do this automatically? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "jnw3" <jnw3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A3551F9-FBC6-4841-95B4-618AB1893190@micros...

Help with macro/and or formula?

GP ver 10 SP 2
Hi Folks I am testing in the Fabrikam company and I have been able to duplicate an error that is happening at my client in their live data. I capture a PO for stock code 100XLG for a qty of 2 at an extended cost of ..25c. The system displays the .25c as the extended cost but it displays ..26c as the 'Remaining PO Subtotal' value. The PO on 'blank' form also prints up a total of .26c. It's fine if I use an extended cost of .24c or .26c and I understand that as the maths division works out fine. Does anyone have a solution to this problem please? Thankx in advan...

Cannot figure ot formula-HELP Please
I have a spreadsheet that I use every month to fill in the net amoun each customer purchases for the month. I am trying to keep year-to-date total of each customer's purhase. I am lookng for formula in column C which will add column A, however when i delete th current month's net totals in column A, column C will keep the year t date data, and add the new month's data in input in column A...doe this make sense? please help. Thanks in advance -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi if I understood you correctly this can't be achieved with formulas as you delete...

Missing CRM Key error
I have installed Microsoft CRM 1.2 and it seems to be working fine. I tried to create an email within the browser version (not via outlook) and get an error message that says: Communications error: Missing Microsoft CRM key. Any idea what I may have done wrong on the install? Dean. You problably missed to fill in the text "CrmEmailEnable" in the active directory user spec's. See also the IG. Erik. >-----Original Message----- >I have installed Microsoft CRM 1.2 and it seems to be >working fine. I tried to create an email within the >browser version (not v...