I'm trying to copy the result of a "check box form field" into another check
box.  For example: if I check (or uncheck) one box in a form, another box
later in the protected form will also be checked (or unchecked) , much like
the ref + F9 command for the text form field.  Is this possible?  Thanks.

This cannot be done without macros. If your project will allow macros - see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/tblsfldsfms/ExclusiveFmFldChbxs.htm

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"weim10" <weim10@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to copy the result of a "check box form field" into another
> check
> box.  For example: if I check (or uncheck) one box in a form, another box
> later in the protected form will also be checked (or unchecked) , much
> like
> the ref + F9 command for the text form field.  Is this possible?  Thanks.

0
Graham

Names in Workbook Box
In one of my worksheets, I have defined each of 32 NFL teams using some sort of abbreviation, using "Insert...Name...Define". Is it possible to copy (and paste) these abbreviations in the Names in Workbook box into another workbook??? In other words, I want to use my abbreviations in a workbook yet to be constructed. Thank you, FLKulchar I do not know for sure, but I would have thought that this is the sort of thing Jan Karel Pieterse's Name Manager add-in handles. It is free, so try it out at http://www.jkp-ads.com/OfficeMarketPlaceNM-EN.htm -- HTH RP (remove nothere...

Combo box in multiple tables within a database
Hi I created several combo boxes for my database. There are multiple tables within this database. Not all combo boxes are in each table. But throughout the database, at least two combo boxes are in each table. When I use a combo box in the second table, no data is saved in the table but it's in the form. What am I doing wrong? Thanks If you are using the "lookup" data type definition in your table structure, you have (re-)discovered why so many here in the newsgroups hold "lookup" fields in low regard. The field (in the table) stores one ...

Another Pirate Denied Appeal!
I wonder if there is likely to be an end to pirating in this world? <http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9174629/Court_denies_Microsoft_s_appeal_in_i4i_patent_case> It seems everybody is in it for taking hoping they won't be caught! hth -- THE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. LD55ZRA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL LD55ZRA OR ITS ASSOCIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER INCLUDING DIRECT, IN...

making check boxes into an array
Hi I have a number of check boxes in a sub form and would like to write code to fill fields in main form i will have 10 check boxes where upto 4 will be true value for each record in main form if eg 2 check boxes are true value will need to fill first to field of another array with text associated with each check box want to do something like for x = 1 to 10 if box(x) = true then box(y) = box(x).text y = y+1 end if next where x = checkboxes and y = fileds to populate i main form each check box will have different textbox associated I do not know how to associate each te...

When I open my file, another file appears??
I had 2 files open in Excel. I remember seing a message while closing the files and I thought it was 'Do you want to save file' but maybe it was something else and I answered 'Yes' to it. Now my original file is replaced by the other. How can that be? How can you send a file to another just by answering 'Yes'. I know one of my files had some links that I forgot to remove. I also did a restore file on our server but it made no changes. Please advise. Very stressed. Lynne Do the two files look like file.xls:1 and file.xls:2 ? If so, you two windows ope...

Another DSMOD question
Hopefully a fairly simple one this. I am using a script to automate disabling old unused accounts. @echo off if {%1}=={} @echo Syntax: disableDNs FileName&goto :EOF if not exist %1 @echo Syntax: disableDNs %1 not found.&goto :EOF setlocal ENABLEDELAYEDEXPANSION set file=%1 @echo. for /f "Tokens=*" %%u in ('type %file%') do ( set user=%%u rem set user="!user:"=!" @echo DSMOD USER !user! -desc Disabled -disabled yes DSMOD USER !user! -desc Disabled -disabled yes @echo. ) endlocal What I would like to do is have the -desc...

pull mail from another server
We are in the process of migrating from a Linux Postfix server to an exchange 2003 server. Is it possiable to have individual exchange user accounts pull mail from there coorsponding postfix mailbox? Thanks Download mail to Personal Folders Outlook using POP3, then create new mail profile on client with Exchange option and open those Personal Folders. Paul wrote: > We are in the process of migrating from a Linux Postfix server to an > exchange 2003 server. Is it possiable to have individual exchange user > accounts pull mail from there coorsponding postfix mailbox? > > ...

datestamp with a check box
I need to know how to code a check box so that when it is checked another field called resolved date will populate with date coinciding with when the checkbox was checked. The resolved date will also need to return to blank status if the checkbox is deselected (i.e. situations where the user accidentally checked the checkbox and then they check the checkbox a second time to "deselect" the checkbox. Terrence Is the only purpose of the checkbox to insert (/remove) a date (or date/time) value from another control? If so, why bother?! Instead, use the double-click...

Exporting Outlook mail to another machine to synch email
Outlook 2003 Assume ComputerOne and ComputerTwo use the identical mail server. I want to synch the email on both machines. Say I delete all the email on ComputerTwo. I export Outlook mail from ComputerOne and import it into Computer2. After the import, ComputerTwo email should be in synch with ComputerOne. However, when ComputerTwo goes to the mail server, it downloads duplicates of what is already there. Outlook does not seem to recognize that it already has a given email from the mail server. Is there a way to prevent duplicates from being downloaded? Thanks Don't use export ...

averaging from one sheet to another
I am trying to compile library statistics. Whenever I give an instruction session, I pass out forms for the students to fill out. They choose a numerical value (1-5) to describe their proficiency in several different areas. I need to have a form where I input the data so that the data is automatically averaged with all the other data from all the other students. I suppose the average of all the students would be tallied on a separate page, and hte original sheet would go blank after each new student's data was added to the pool of all the students' data. Does this make ...

Dialog box "z-order" problem
Hi, I have tree dialog box opened in a SDI application. Depending of the opening sequence, I can't put on top (topmost) some of the dialog box. I tried to modify some settings like the "style" or the "border" of the dialog box but without positive result. Any suggestions? Thanks, Hugo Try calling SetWindowPos( &CWnd::wndTopMost, 0,0,0,0, SWP_NOMOVE | SWP_NOSIZE ); in the OnInitDialog() function of your dialog class. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] ----------------------------------- "H.B." <hbcrdv@_hotmail_.com> wrote in messa...

Sum dependant on '1' value in another column
Hi, Let's say I have a '1' or nothing in column 'L' and a time in seconds in column 'B'. The '1' means the time is a legitimate one. Can I do a sum of all the 'legitimate' times in column 'B' based on whether there is a corresponding '1' in column 'L'? Is there a formula that will allow me to do that? Sorry for the ignorance of the question but it is late and I am struggling to make this spreadsheet work for me. Thanks in advance, Dave Hi DL, Look at the SUMIF function in Excel help. Try: =SUMIF(L1:L10...

Typing to sleect an item in list box
Hello, Ok, this one has to be easy becasue I can't find it anywhere. I have a list box. I want to select an item in it. When I type... every keystroke brings me to the first entry with that letter instead of going to the second letter in the word I am typing. For example when I type Brady I end up on the first entry with a "Y" rather than on the Brady. Any clues? Thanks Jc Papi Joe C wrote: > Hello, > > Ok, this one has to be easy becasue I can't find it anywhere. > > I have a list box. I want to select an item in it. When I type... > every keystrok...

How check if file to open is Excel or if Excel file is corrupt?
I'm using Excel 2003. I'm looping through a set of Excel files, opening each one and writing data from that Excel spreadsheet into a "master" excel spreadsheet. The program failed when one of the Excel files was corrupt. Also--occasionally the user will have a file in a different format (e.g., Word) in the directory I'm working with, and that's causing problems. 1) How do I check that the file to be opened IS .xls? 2) How do I check that the Excel file is not corrupt? Your help would be GREATLY appreciated. THANKS! Hi, I would do thi...

Moving Data to Another Worksheet
Is it possible to have the data in a cell on one worksheet automatically copy itself to another worksheet in the same document? For example, if I have seperate worksheets for each week in a month listing income for each day of that week, and the total income for that week tallied up...can the cell containing the sum for that week be automatically copied to a seperate worksheet where the weekly totals are being compared to each other? That way if I change a daily amount, it will not only update the total for that week on the weekly worksheet...but also update the weekly total on the m...

Word 2007 form: Check boxes are making my other fields stop worki
I’ve created a form in Word 2007, using form fields and checkboxes. It looks great. After I lock it, I can fill in the text fields. But as soon as I click a checkbox, I can no longer fill in the text fields. I go back to the text fields I already filled and try to edit those; I cannot. It’s as if they become read-only as soon as I click on a checkbox. What gives? This is really frustrating. I am using the Rich Text Form Fields (the very first icon on the Controls section of the Developer tab) and the Check Box Form Field (under Legacy Tools, Legacy Forms). Thanks f...

How do I copy cells and skip lines?
I want to copy a relative formula from cell A1 to cells A3, A5, A7,.... A3001. In previous verisons I could highlight A1..A3000 select copy then go to A3 and select paste, and it would work. It would copy A1 to A3, then A2 to A4, then A3 to a5, all the way down to a3001. This no longer works. How can I quickly do this? I don't understand exactly what you're describing that you did before, but if you're looking to copy your relative formula to every other row, try this: Enter your formula in A1 and A3. Select A1 to A4. Click the fill handle of the 4 row selection and drag dow...

voiding checks and fiscal periods closed
Hello: I know that if the fiscal period of March is closed in the Fiscal Periods Setup window that payables checks cannot be voided for March. Now, if a payables person cannot void checks in April and the fiscal period of April is not closed, could that be because the invoice that the check is being applied to is dated in March. That would make sense based on how payables would throw the check back into open. But, I just wanted to check with you all. Thanks! childofthe1980s You are correct. -- Charles Allen, MVP "childothe1980s" wrote: > Hello: > > I know ...

CAN I FILTER A QUERY AND THEN RUN A REPORT ON THE FILTERED RESULTS
I have been using Access2007. I have a list of queries that I would like to be able to filter, and then get a report based on the filter. When I manually highlight a given field in a table and hit the filter button, it shows all of the options to filter by, and lets me check mark the ones I want included and then reflects the changes. I would like to have something similar (with check boxes) but built into a form of some sort for a more personalized look and feel. Right now, I have to recreate a report every time I want to filter something and it's just a pain! Does anybody have a...

Populate 2nd combo box based on value selected in first combo box?
I have 3 combo boxes. The first one is static inputs, the second need to be populated with inputs (via .AddItem) based on which input th user selects from combobox one. The third needs to be populated (vi .AddItem) based on what the user selects for the input in combobox 2. Is this possible?? Thanks... Chad! BTW..this form runs, but cmbFile is only populated with ".bsn" Private Sub UserForm_Initialize() 'populate the 1st combo box - this is static info With cmbParam .AddItem "Flow" .AddItem "Sediment" .AddItem "Phosphorous" .AddItem "Nitra...

Clicking on Link within e-mail results in access denied message
My Mother-In-Law is having a problem opening links sent to her within E-mails with Outlook. When she clicks on them, it yields an error message that tells her to contact the system administrator, that her access is denied. This is a home PC with a new installation of Windows XP. Does anyone know what steps she can take to fix this? Thanks! -Steve ...

Rationalise another formula
Hi all, Could anyone suggest a way to rationalise this formla: =IF(AT3="",IF(AQ3="","",(IF(AR3="?","",(IF(AR3="OFF LICENSE","",((IF(AR3="RECALLED","",AM3+(AR3*30))))))))),"") Or point me in a direction I should be looking Thanks in advance -- Steve I don't deserve this award, but I have arthritis and I don't deserve that either. - Jack Benny What's the problem? Is it not working? What do you want "rationalised"? Regards, Fred "Steve"...

font size refuses to change in a text box
I am having a problem changing font size in a text box. The font and size is available and also used on the same page! I am having a problem with the line spacing as well Could you send me that file? I have some ideas but....... Also, which version are you using? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Linda Burkhart" <Linda Burkhart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B198D27-A41B-4742-9281-88F33754DEF9@microsoft.com... >I am having a problem changing font size in a text box. The font and size >is > available and also used on the same p...

Eval copy for Exchange Server 2003
Hi, I am trying to locate evaluation copy for Exchange Server 2003. Can someone point me to where I can get it or who I can contact to get it. thanks MM On Tue, 6 Feb 2007 06:50:01 -0800, MM <MM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I am trying to locate evaluation copy for Exchange Server 2003. Can someone >point me to where I can get it or who I can contact to get it. > >thanks >MM Not from the Microsoft website any more. A technet or MSDN subscription are your best bets. Ask a reseller to give you a copy from the many items they must have. "MM&q...

Getting copied text to fill lines in a doc with standard margins?
When copying text from one document with smaller margins (eg. a 2 column doc) into a word document with standard margins, is there a way to get the text to fill out each line to the edge of the page, rather than only taking up half the page and running down the left hand side? See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CleanWebText.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< >...