I'm trying to copy the result of a "check box form field" into another check
box.  For example: if I check (or uncheck) one box in a form, another box
later in the protected form will also be checked (or unchecked) , much like
the ref + F9 command for the text form field.  Is this possible?  Thanks.

This cannot be done without macros. If your project will allow macros - see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/tblsfldsfms/ExclusiveFmFldChbxs.htm

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"weim10" <weim10@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to copy the result of a "check box form field" into another
> check
> box.  For example: if I check (or uncheck) one box in a form, another box
> later in the protected form will also be checked (or unchecked) , much
> like
> the ref + F9 command for the text form field.  Is this possible?  Thanks.

0
Graham

yet another resource editting thread
I need to edit resources at runtime (i.e. the string table, menus, and dialog control sizes). I would like to use the BeginUpdateResource, UpdateResource, and EndUpdateResource functions. One of the problems I have is this: If I load the menu from file with FindResource, LoadResource, LockResource, I have the binary menu data, and I can't really manipulate raw binary. If I load the menu with LoadMenu, i have a CMenu, that I can change but I don't know how to convert the final menu back to binary data that I would update with the UpdateResource command. So, how do you update? Another...

Copy and Paste not saving format changes
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, I just bought Microsoft Office for Mac early this month and am still getting used to it. Can someone help me with this: I have several documents typed onto a notebook layout with lots of bullet points, color changes, cross outs and the like. I wanted to copy and past all of that into a new document but when I did ALL of the formatting changes were lost. There were no bullet points, so the text flushed left, yada, yada, yada. I looked around the toolbar to try and find a setting that would allow me to do the cut an...

I have a red pencil box
It's red and holds pencils. ...

Telecheck and check verification
Can Telecheck be used through RMS somehow to verify checks? Pat The RMS check verification feature only works with PC Charge. I believe that some of the payment processing add-ins that have been discussed here in the past may enable Check Verification as well, but I'm not sure. -- -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information "Pat@arms" <Patarms@discussions.microso...

Copy lines from sheet 2 to sheet 6
I have some data in sheet 2 in col I. the data I want to capture is spaced by 7 spaces all the ay down: EX: I have data in sheet 2 col I row 1 ,7,14,21 etc I would like to show the data in Sheet 2 to Sheet 6 col B row 1,2,3,4, etc thanks On Sheet6, enter this in B1: =Sheet2!I1 And in B2 enter this: =INDEX(Sheet2!I:I,7*ROWS($1:1)) and copy down as needed. -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! ---------------------------------------------------------------------------...

EzPaste-xl2ppt Excel add-in, automating the copy/paste of charts and data
Hello, This is to notify about the release of EzPaste (http:// www.EzPaste.net), an Excel add-in intended to completely automate the transfer of charts and data from Excel to PowerPoint. EzPaste identifies automatically all the charts and the tables defined in the active workbook. The user then selects which of them he wants to paste to PowerPoint=AE , and EzPaste does all the work, would you have to paste one or one hundred tables/charts at once Even if you have to paste the selected range or chart, EzPaste does it with the click of a button Sorry if this message is a bit advertising, b...

Check Verification data is not saved into the database
A Check tender type has been created with the "Open" Check Verification. It seems to work OK except: 1) Although Driver's License, State and Birth Date are diaplyed on the form in POS the data entered is not saved into the Database. 2) The account Number is masked with X's. Can this be switched off anywhere? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open th...

Alert user to check the filed when it is final
Hi, I want to create an alert to check the Final( checkbox ) field, if date_issued is enter. if date_issued is null then do nothing, In what even I have to code this and how? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201001/1 mls via AccessMonster.com wrote: >Hi, I want to create an alert to check the Final( checkbox ) field, if >date_issued is enter. >if date_issued is null then do nothing, In what even I have to code this and >how? Based on just that one requirement, you can use the date text b...

spell check does not visually cycle through cells when run from macro?
I'm trying to recreate the same behavior in a macro that spellcheck has when the spellcheck button is pressed. The spellcheck does not cycle through the cells visually when run from a macro, so when there is a misspelled word, you cannot see the cell it is a part of. If anyone knows how I can get this behavior to work, it would be GREATLY appreciated. I did a record new macro, and got code similar to the following: Sub testSpelling() Range("F2:F500").Select Selection.CheckSpelling SpellLang:=1033 End Sub thanks, dan Dan, Add the fiollowing to your code as shown: ...

Inbox and unread box
What's the purpose of having an inbox and an unread box in my outlook 2003. They both read the same number of messages. Is it a duplicate? With Outlook xp, it would simply show a number in black, to let me know the number of unopened messages. Now, there seems to be a separate folder entitled "unread" and it has the exact same number of email messages as my inbox ... all of time, and has always displayed the exact same number since I installed it. Is anyone able to explain this? I dont' understand it. Thanks in advance. Diana Definitely not a duplicate; it's a S...

Copying contacts?
Hi I am trying to copy my Contacts to an other PC using flash memory. For some reason no success? I seam to copy a lot extra on top of Contacts and therefore cannot proceede to the end of the .pst import wizard. Are there instructions to do that? Thanks Kalevi Yes. Never export or import. Copy the Contacts into a PST file. Open that PST file in the other installation. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Kalevi" <kale@woodworld.fi> wrote in message news:dpakkj$aru$1@nyytiset.pp.htv.fi... > Hi > I am trying to copy my Contacts to an other PC using flash memory. For &...

Re: Function to copy data from a variable range?
I have a sheet with about 20,000 lines of data. From that sheet I am looking to group the data based on a parameter, into multiple different sheets. ie: If the category is "1" copy all that lines data into sheet A, If the category is "2", copy all the lines into sheet B. The problem is, the number of lines for each acatgeory type is not always the same. Some categories may only have 1 or two lines, other may have 200-300. Is there any type of function for this? Thanks! Doable but why not just use data>filter>autofilter -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesA...

Text box jumps to left of page
Word 2004 (I am relatively new to Word and am delighted to find a forum specifically for the Mac version. There are a number of unresolved, niggling issues I can live however they slow the workflow. I am eager to learn.) In the recent past, I manually converted 12,000+ recipes from WordPerfect 7 to Word. Since Word 2004 does not have a filter for the old files, the conversion was done on the Windows side of my Mac in Word2003. Those files _usually_ open without protest also in 2004. One annoyance regards text boxes. When text was highlighted and a text box was requested for it in...

I cannot paste from one workbook to another. Copy works, paste do.
When I attempt to copy from one workbook and paste into another, copy appears to work but paste does not. The paste menu item is grayed out in the workbook to which I attempt to paste. Are there setting that can be changed to aloow the paste?? Check to see if either workbook and/or worksheet is protected. If so, unprotect. Then Copy/Paste should work. BTW, how are you copy?paste(ing) Tab or content? Dennis "JimmyMc" wrote: > When I attempt to copy from one workbook and paste into another, copy appears > to work but paste does not. The paste menu item is grayed out...

Macro Copy and Paste
I am currently trying to copy from one workbook that has 7 differen tabs and paste into one worksheet on a separate master workbook. M problem is that when I set up the macro to copy from one of the tabs i the workbook and paste to the other work book, I only want the the row to come in where there is data. Currently I am having to run a macr that takes every 100 lines, but ideally I only want the informatio copy and pasted where there is only data. In addition, once I have copy and pasted everything from the first tab my next step is to copy and paste information from the second tab t th...

Automated Copy Paste
I have a template with 7 sheets that I continuously update with new data that I get from a seprate file. Each sheet is named "sheet1", "sheet2" "sheet3" and so on. My template has a series of summary sheets based off of the data that lies in these 7 inputs sheets. Currently, I use copy, paste special to update sheets 1-7 in my template. Instead of using copy, paste special one at a time, I would like to the move 7 sheets from my other file in my template. If I do this, the sheets will show up as duplicates so I will have "sheet1 (2)"...

List box
I am trying to use the list box function from the control toolbar. I am not sure how to get the listings I want in the list box. Is there certain VB coding that is needed? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. Todd No VBA code needed. In Design mode, click on your list box and select Properties from the Control toolbox (or right-click your list box and select Properties), then scroll down to the ListFillRange Property and indicate the cell range address that has the items you want to appear in the box (i.e., A1:A10). Then exit out of design mode and test your list box. MRO "Tod...

how do I prevent a worksheet from being copied in excel
yet allow users to select values in a defined range Good evening kensanjose You really need to supply more information about what you mean - cop the file/sheets/ranges etc Dominic -- dominic ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dominicb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1893 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38531 How do I prevent a worksheet from being copied in excel? Can I disable right click within a file so that the sheet cannot be copied into another file and manipula...

Table headers in a list box (Custom Report)
I have a big table with many fields (more than fifty). They are not in one table but related. Now user's come with a requirement of a separate type of report everyday which has different fields. because of which i have to design a report for them with the required query. I was therefore wondering can i make a form which has two list boxes the one on left side will have all the fields of the table (only headers needed, not data). Users can select multiple no. of fields from that list box which will appear in another list box. Users should be able to then select the order of fi...

Dead Exchange box
I have a SBS 2003 Box that has failed and the owner has no back ups! (Fool) All I have to work with is the new box (Sane Name as the old box) and have managed to retrive the exchange folders from the old srever. Could someone please tell me the best way to get the data back On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 21:49:02 -0700, AndrewS <AndrewS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a SBS 2003 Box that has failed and the owner has no back ups! (Fool) >All I have to work with is the new box (Sane Name as the old box) and have >managed to retrive the exchange folders from the old srever....

How do I use the "Correlation" dialog box with multiple ranges?
I'm using data in an Excel 2003 in a workbook, trying to see if there is any correlation between specific offices in which people work and the length of time they have been employed, their age the amount of sickleave taken and/or the amount of sickleave balance they have. I'm attempting to use Data Analysis and the Correlation dialog box. Although the dialog description tells me that I can use multiple comparison ranges, I don't see how to do it. Thanks for any help. Paulf6 - Arrange your data in list (database) format, i.e., names in the top row (Time Employed, Age, ...)...

Help: Seting the value of another cell with a formula
I know that there's a way to make a cell a particular value based on the entries of a range, or array of cells, but is it possible to do the reverse, using only one formula in a cell. Here's what I'm trying to do: What I would like to do is set one of a range of cell to have a value based on the value in A2. Example: Cell A1 has a value of 2, A2 has a value of 2007. I want A10 to equal A1, i.e.:2 Cell A1 has a value of 2, A2 has a value of 2008. I want A11 to equal A1, i.e.:2 Cell A1 has a value of 2, A2 has a value of 2009. I want A12 to equal...

Payroll Build Checks takes almost 4 hours
Sorry, I'm reposting this question because I didnt describe the subject very well... I hope someone has any tips of what to look for... I run Payroll Build Checks for 1369 employees, selecting biweekly and Salary, and it takes almost 4 hours to finish. At the end, only 543 employees fit the selection criteria. My server looks to have plenty of spare capacity when monitored, the store procedures were recompiled, the statistics were updated, check links ran, etc. What else can I check? Any help or tips are greatly appreciated. Details are below. When I click on <...

Virus checking via double-clicking
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel At one time double clicking an Office file icon on the Mac by-passed virus checking. If I double click an Office file icon on my Mac, will Mac Office 2008 check for viruses automatically before opening the file for use by the Office application? On Tue, 2 Jun 2009 09:20:19 -0400, trying_to_work@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: Intel > > At one time double clicking an Office file icon on the Mac by-passed virus > checking. If I double cli...