How do I change the US date setting in the event schedule planner

Help!  I'm using a lovely little template called event schedule planner -
however it shows the date in US date format and I need the UK format
(dd.mm.yyyy) how do I change it in this template please?

If this is Word 2007/2010 then the chances are that it uses date content
controls to display the dates. You can change them all with a macro

Sub Macro1()
Dim oCC As ContentControl
For Each oCC In ActiveDocument.ContentControls
    If oCC.Type = wdContentControlDate Then
        oCC.DateDisplayLocale = wdEnglishUK
        oCC.DateDisplayFormat = "dd.MM.yyyy"
    End If
Next oCC
End Sub

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"At work" <At work@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Help!  I'm using a lovely little template called event schedule planner -
> however it shows the date in US date format and I need the UK format
> (dd.mm.yyyy) how do I change it in this template please?

0
Graham
4/26/2010 2:13:09 PM
I can help you change one and then copy it, though there ought to be a way to
do it all at once for the same type of control.

Open the template. Select an empty content control that you want to edit.
Turn on the  Developer mode (It's on the developer tab.  If you don't see it,
go to Word options and put a check mark in the the box before "Show Developer
tab in ribbon". )  Then click Properties.  Change the  locale from English
(US) to English (UK).  Then set your preference for how the date will display.
OK out of the content control properties dialog.

Copy the edited control to the clipboard.  Select the other, like content
controls and paste.  Make sure you are out of the developer mode.  Check to
make sure the developer mode is off.  Save the template.

Pam

At work wrote:
>Help!  I'm using a lovely little template called event schedule planner -
>however it shows the date in US date format and I need the UK format
>(dd.mm.yyyy) how do I change it in this template please?

Pamelia
4/26/2010 3:14:56 PM
Below, I should have written *Design mode*.

Graham's macro is way cool, but knowing how to do it yourself is also cool.

Pam
Pamelia Caswell  wrote:
>I can help you change one and then copy it, though there ought to be a way to
>do it all at once for the same type of control.
>
>Open the template. Select an empty content control that you want to edit.
>Turn on the  *Design mode* (It's on the developer tab.  If you don't see it,
>go to Word options and put a check mark in the the box before "Show Developer
>tab in ribbon". )  Then click Properties.  Change the  locale from English
>(US) to English (UK).  Then set your preference for how the date will display.
>OK out of the content control properties dialog.
>
>Copy the edited control to the clipboard.  Select the other, like content
>controls and paste.  Make sure you are out of the developer mode.  Check to
>make sure the developer mode is off.  Save the template.
>
>Pam
>
>>Help!  I'm using a lovely little template called event schedule planner -
>>however it shows the date in US date format and I need the UK format
>>(dd.mm.yyyy) how do I change it in this template please?

Pamelia

Converting and sorting US dates into European format?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C5F7E2.A79C38F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable XPP SP2 Excel 2003 SP2 Hello, I have a long list of dates in US date/time format, ie "11/16/2005 = 11:38:08", that needs to be sorted in date and time order. Preferably, I should also be able to convert this into the European = date/time format of "YYYY-mm-dd hh:mm:sec". How do you do this in the = simplest possible way in Excel? I was thinking that one should possibly first con...

Change only size of a thumb (CSliderCtrl)
When I extend size of CSliderCtrl, size of a thumb also grows as same ratio. Is there anyway to change size of thumb independently? i think they are bound together. The only way to do that is, you derive a your own sliderctrl, and do the draw work by yourself. ...

event sink for CHtmlEditCtrl object
Hi guys I have to provide HTML edit/preview functionality in my application. I have tried using both the DHTML edit control for IE5 activeX control and CHtmlEditCtrl object. Initially when I added DHTML Edit activeX control to my probject in MFC resource editor, I was able to properly process the events raised by the control by declaring DECLARE_EVENTSINK_MAP and implementing BEGIN_EVENTSINK_MAP( ...)/ END_EVENTSINK_MAP() in the parent dialog class. (also event pre-processing using ON_EVENT_REFLECT(...)) Now I want to utilize CHTMLEditCtrl and dynamically paste the html window on my dialog...

Outlook 2007 doesn't appear in Set Program Access and Defaults
I just installed Office 2007 Pro but for some reason Outlook 2007 doesn't appear in my "set program access and defaults". Outlook Express appears as my only option and Outlook Express appears in the e- mail slot on my start menu. Any ideas why? You must uninstall any prior version of Outlook and re-run setup using a = custom installation and make Outlook available. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching...

text date to date format
I have column filled with: 'Apr 3 2005 4:37PM And I need to change it to: 04/03/05 4:37PM How do I get a textual date column into a sortable date/time column? I'm having problems because it sorts everything by alpha then numeric. For example, I have "Apr 15, 2005" before "Aug 10, 2003". I need to get these sorted by year, month, day...not alphabetically. Thanks in advance for your help! you are right: the filter is not a time but a alpha sort you may change the cell format or copy the value in an other cell and put the new format in the new column. ...

Change IP Address of passive node in CCR
We have a CCR cluster on Windows Server 2008. The cluster is formed over a stretched subnet. Setup is as follows: Node01 - 10.0.31.50 and 10.0.32.50 Node02 - 10.29.1.50 and 10.29.2.50 We need to move Node02 to a new building which involves changing the IP addresses. Anyone got some help or assistance on doing this? Any gotchas to look out for? Appreciate your advice. ...

Outlook replication changes valid email to lastname firstname
CRM 4.0, Outlook 2007, CRM Outlook Online Client with latest Rollup. When some users are sync contact information between Outlook and CRM, sync changes email address firstname.lastname@company.com in CRM to format lastname firstname. Not happen to all users. One reason can be there are also mobile sync between Outlook (Exchange) and mobile phone. But this is also used by many users and only some have problems. It is look like email is populated with Outlook display value, not the real email. Any ideas what setting (and where) is not right? Jukka Majander ...

Event 1023
Hi we are getting a lot of 1023 events like the following Event Type: Error Event Source: IMAP4SVC Event Category: Content Engine Event ID: 1023 Date: 1/3/2005 Time: 9:08:51 AM User: N/A Computer: SERVER Description: Error 0xfffff9bf occurred while rendering message 0001-00000309635e for download for user user@email.com According to Microsoft, "This is an occasional timing error caused by not locking the mailbox during use. This can be safely ignored unless these errors occur frequently." Does anyone have any other insight though on this issue and possibly how to fix it? ...

Change subform from a subform
I have a form named frmToday with a subform named frmMyView. The default subform for frmMyView is frmCalls. I change this with a button by using a private Sub routine Forms!frmTODAY!frmMYVIEW.Form.SourceObject = "frmDupes." I have a button on frmDupes with Forms!frmTODAY!frmMYVIEW.Form.SourceObject = "frmCalls" as a Private Sub routine. The intent is to change back to the original setup. It doesn't work. What do I need to do? Thanks! ...

Changing Inventory Item Types #2
In GP7.5, is there any way to change inventory item types once they have been used? Can the item be deleted and then recreated at the end of a year? Are there any utility programs that can do this? In particular, I've got some "sales inventory" items that I want to convert to "kits" and others that need to be "services" We are on 8.0, but I don't think it is possible to change the item type - not even with Professional System Tools. We have changed the item name (via tools) to include the word Discontinued. Then we set up a new item to repl...

Event id: 474 2 days after offline defrag
Last week my customers exchange 2000 information store dismounted and stopped due to it's size exceeding the max 16gigs. I had to run an offline defrag which lowered the databse to below 16 gigs and it mounted properly. That night the was a good backup. Since then there has not been a good backup - basically because of Event id:474 - a chksum error. I an afraid to restart that server or touch it because all of the email is working - all is OK except it cannot be backed up. We are prepared to order another server and run exmerge to migrate the data - is this the best method - or is...

Changing row height in a CListCtrl
Hello, I'm trying to change the row height of a list control by means of a slider. Currently, we're doing that by changing the font height. This works perfectly, except for one thing: The font actually changes as well (d'uh). For the items itself it's not really a huge issue, I'm using custom draw and can set the font height to a "fixed" value. But I can't do that for the headers. Is there perhaps another way to change the row height of a list control, or is changing the font height the only way to do it? Thanks, -- Maarten Kools ___________________...

Refresh pivot chart when info in a cell changes
To all, I am looking for help with a Macro. What I ultimately want to do is refresh a pivot chart when the user makes a selection from a list (in a data validation cell). For example, I am an end user that selects my territory from a "drop down". The pivot chart will update to the information that is directly related to my territory. Thanks in advance for your help. Excel 2007, PivotTable With Table dependent drop-downs instead of data validation drop-downs. With non-event-driven macros. http://www.mediafire.com/file/ygzjqyi2j1x/03_09_10.xlsm ...

Missing underline and Date
I am new to Excel and was trying to type a word then do underline after that for a line to write on, but as soon as I click of the cell the line disappears. Why, and can I keep that from happening. Also I would like to be able to add a start date and the other dates automatically follow. Ex: If I type in April 13, 1994 for a Sunday the next day Monday would read April 14, 1994. Is this possible and how is it done in terms a newbie would understand. Don't understand the first part of your question, and the second part is none to clear also. But, as far as dates incrementing: Enter ...

Publish Form Changes without restarting IIS?
Is there another way to publish form changes without restarting IIS? We run a 24x7 IT shop and taking down a production system for every change is a pain. thank you. Mike Presumably as you are 24/7 you have multiple CRM servers, so you only need to IISRESET one CRM server at a time, thus users will not notice any loss of service "BWIT" <user1@bwinc.com> wrote in message news:ObSXFVvWFHA.4036@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Is there another way to publish form changes without restarting IIS? We > run a 24x7 IT shop and taking down a production system for every chang...

How do you change the formatting for envelops in the normal templ.
the envelop paragraph formatting is 1.15 and 10 pt at end - this is not what I want - How do I change it to be single and 0 pts for all documents based on the normal template? Modify (or reset) the Envelope Address style, which by default does not have these characteristics. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "dcluchi" <dcluchi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EEA62CD4-57AA-4E9F-9D63-3BE505D1FDDD@microsoft.com... > the envelop paragraph formatting is 1.15 and 10 pt at e...

Change Hyperlink Destination Folder
In an Excel 2002 worksheet I need to change the destination folder in a column (750 rows) of hyperlinks. For example: file:///C:\Documents and settings\myname\Application Data\Microsoft\Data\12345.mht needs to be changed to file:///E:\My Documents\Travel\2005\Data\12345.mht file:///C:\Documents and settings\myname\Application Data\Microsoft\Data\56789.mht changed to file:///E:\My Documents\Travel\2005\Data\56789.mht All the ".mht" files are now in the folder E:\My Documents\Travel\2005\Data\ TIA Why don't you do a find and replace. Replace it with some...

Excel 2007 chart color change based on the label.
I have 12 charts 1 for each person and the data changes every week and some of the values have 0 so are filtered out. On the chart I want 0-15 to be blue, 16-30 to be light purple, 31-60 to be a cream color, 61-90 to be light blue, and 90+ to be dark purple. With the code below I can change the color if I take the if statement out but I would like to change the color based on the label. I have tried several things like .text, .name, and .label. I just can't fine the right name. Name1 0-15 1 61-90 1 90+ 3 Name 2 0-15 14 16-30 5 31-60 1 61-90 6 90+ 12 For i = 1 To A...

Frequent events in the eventlog
Hi, Frequently I get this (or simmulair) events in my eventlog. I have the feeling this is not good, but can not findout how to fix this. (or even wat is causing this). (Mail address is masked.) MSExchangeTransport 7515 27-11-2006 18:58 3 * An error occurred while Microsoft Exchange Intelligent Message Filter attempted to filter a message with ID <456B26A7.000001.00860@UW-4B58D8528225>, P1 From smtp:*******@*******.nl and Subject Doorst.: HowToPutOnABra101. This message will not be filtered. The error code is 0x800710f0. For more information, click http://www...

Typing the date into Excel
Hi, and thanks in advance. I've recently updated from Excel 2003 to Excel 2007. I'm having a problem with entering dates: (1) I enter a date, say: 5/17/2009 or 5-17-2009 (2) The cell displays 0.000146 or -2021. (3) I format the cells as "date". (4) The cell displays as 1900/01/00 or ##### (indefinite) (5) The formula bar displays =5/17/2009 or =5-17-2009 (6) It doesn't matter if I format the cells as dates in advance or after entering the date. I'm guessing that there is a setup option somewhere that is wrong, but I can't find it. The documentation, and my ...

Making cell change colour
Hi all I want to make a cell change colour 'on click'. Is there any way that this is possible? Help would be appreciated, Many thank darren --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi this would require VBA / using an event procedure like Selection_change. Do you want to go this way? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi all > > I want to make a cell change colour 'on click'. > > Is there any way that this is possible? > > Help would be appreciated, > > Many thank > > darren > > > --- > Message posted f...

To goup in each month on date column
I am using office 2007 and I have an excel sheet with the following Date OS 2/1/2009 200.30 2/1/2009 300.00 3/2/2009 400.00 5/2/2009 600.00 How I can group the excel to know outstanding in each month. To group January os and February os and so on.... Please help with thanks and Regards Try =SUMPRODUCT((TEXT(A2:A10,"mmyyyy")="022009")*(B2:B10)) with the date in cell C1 =SUMPRODUCT((TEXT(A2:A10,"mmyyyy")=TEXT(C1,"mmyyyy")*(B2:B10)) -- Jacob "pol" wrote: > I ...

How to change the scan code while posting WM_KEYDOWN and WM_KEYUP messages?
Hello, I am working with win32 serial communication in VC++. My application communicates with a Control Panel hardware device which is similar to a Keyboard. It has various keys/buttons ("0-9 digit keys, A-Y alphabet keys and F1,F2,F3 keys") on it , and is connected through the serial port of the PC. My application has to capture which key/button is pressed and released on the Control Panel board. When a key/button is pressed or released on the Control Panel board, my application should post the appropriate message to the main handling application which is responsible for processing...

Date & Control Button Focus
I have a form that has the calendar in it and 3 buttons that represent 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift. We input up to 50 forms per day. The forms may be entered the next day. The calendar will always go to todays date because of the code Now() used. How do I make the date stay at the last date that was enetered? How do I make the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift buttons stay at last shift selected after data has been entered? This would allow the data entry person not to have to change date or shift if forms are grouped together. default values -- Hi Bill, "The calendar will always go to t...

Cannot delete resources from Project Server 2007
When trying to delete resources from Project Server 2007 using the Delete Enterprise Objects I receive the following error: The specified Resources and Users could not be deleted because of the following errors: The action was canceled by an event handler. We have Project Server 2007 and EPMLive installed and working together. ...