how do i chain multiple docs and keep child doc page numbering?

Assembling composite Word doc of monthly reports from several sources. Need
each child doc to keep page numbering of original, even though one child may
have sections with numbering starting over for each section, while next child
has sections but keeps contiuous page numbering. New master doc can't treat
member children as section, where page numbering starts over since that ruins
start numbers for sections contained in some of the child docs.
--
Chris

Hi Chris,

In the parent document, you can set up the page numbering for each Section to start from 1 and, if you're using a 'page x of y'
format, to retain the child's 'y' via a SECTIONPAGES field.

--
Cheers
macropod

"chrisjen" <chrisjen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:98E0DA43-A770-4036-91D8-8ED5E120BBA1@microsoft.com...
> Assembling composite Word doc of monthly reports from several sources. Need
> each child doc to keep page numbering of original, even though one child may
> have sections with numbering starting over for each section, while next child
> has sections but keeps contiuous page numbering. New master doc can't treat
> member children as section, where page numbering starts over since that ruins
> start numbers for sections contained in some of the child docs.
> --
> Chris

0
macropod

PAGE SIZE DIFFICULTY
WHEN I CHANGE MY PAGE SIZE AND PAPER SIZE MY PUBLICATION REMAINS THE SAME. COULD SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO SHRINK MY DOCUMENT TO MATCH MY PAPER SIZE >-----Original Message----- >WHEN I CHANGE MY PAGE SIZE AND PAPER SIZE MY PUBLICATION REMAINS THE SAME. >COULD SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO SHRINK MY DOCUMENT TO MATCH MY PAPER SIZE >. > Choose Page setup from the File drop down menu and set the page size to suit your needs. Note that elements on the page do not change. You will have to rearrange to suit. MISS2728 wrote: > WHEN I CHANGE MY PAGE SIZE AND PAPER SIZE MY PUBLICATION RE...

multiple email identities

Heading at top of page
Working in Word 2003, I put two spaces between a paragraph and the next 'heading 2'. This works fine until the 'heading 2' spills on to the next page. There is then two spaces gap at the top of the page. Is there a way to tell word to keep the heading at the top of the page if it spills over? Don't want to put in a hard page break. Thanks Jon. -- j4k How are you creating the spacing? If you are pressing Enter twice, then don't. Use Spacing Before instead (Paragraph dialog box, Indents and Spacing tab). -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Wo...

is it posible to keep the quick launch icons in a specific layout?
I have moved the task bar tot he right side of the screen. I have a number of applications which I have 'loaded' onto the quick launch section of the task bar. Now, aside from the fact that Microsoft seems to have different icons for it's products in Vista and XP (and the confusion that is causing), is the small minor detail that the vista task bar seems to reorganize at random. I've set up two columns of icons, with tasks "lumped" together in rows according to my own preferences. (mail washer next to the email program, the MP3 tag program next to ...

limit the number of outgoing messages
Hi, who can I limit the number of concurrent outgoing messages? for example: if I have a queue of 1000 messages, how can I force exchange to send only 50 messages at a time? ...

Format for credit card numbers

how do you get a landscape page?
Please help, desperate! If you are using 2010, Page Design tab, Size, More pre-set page sizes. Letter landscape is the first choice. In all other Publisher versions landscape will be on the page setup screen found in the File menu. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "becky.x" <becky.x@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25D3EDBC-93EF-4582-94B2-83C9CE121E17@microsoft.com... > Please help, desperate! ...

Opening Multiple Web Links in a Column

multiple iterations of same query
Running Access 2003 on Vista. I have a query that chooses 15 records at random. This works fine. What I want to do is run the same query for approx 110 different users, each with their own randomly selected 15 records. Obviously, I want to avoid manually running the same query that many times. How can I get around this? Post your query SQL. -- Build a little, test a little. "Nathan" wrote: > Running Access 2003 on Vista. > > I have a query that chooses 15 records at random. This works fine. > > What I want to do is run the same query fo...

Numbering in Book Files
I am creating a tech manual where each chapter is its own file. I have created an outline numbered list and saved the list in a template that I then use to create the new chapters. However, I am finding that when I go into a new chapter that the outline numbering does not pick up on the chapter (Heading 1) number. For example: Chapter 1: Heading 1 style 1.1: Heading 2 style 1.1.1: Heading 3 style, etc. But when I start my next chapter, when I update the chapter number to start at 2, I get this: Chapter 2: Heading 1 style 1.1: Heading 2 style 1.1.1: Heading 3 style, etc. ...

creating template for multiple emails
How or can one create an email template (same subject line and message)for multiple emails (approx 100's)? Needing to shorten the time it takes sending 100's of individual emails (with the same subject line and same message) to sales staff on a weekly (some times daily) basis. Company does not want sales force using other sales persons email addresses (they are contractors). Try using a Distriburtion List, send one message, it goes to all of them, or get the message ready, put your address in the TO: field, and put everyone else in the BCC: field?? That way no one can see wher...

calendar for multiple time zone users: all day events
Users in different time zones post absences and meetings to a shared company calendar. When an all day event is scheduled in one time zone, it shows as spanning two days for other time zone users. How do we make this work properly? For the others it does intrude on a second day. BossLady wrote: > Users in different time zones post absences and meetings to a shared company > calendar. When an all day event is scheduled in one time zone, it shows as > spanning two days for other time zone users. How do we make this work > properly? Until you upgrade to Outlook...

Seperate jobs for multiple worksheets
Separate jobs are sent to printers when I select multiple worksheets... If I print to PDF, multiple files are created. How can I avoid this? ...

How to show query parameters on an Excel page header or worksheet?
Is it possible to display query parameters on a page header or on a worksheet? I have a worksheet that uses a query to retrive data from an ODBC database. The Query prompts for the Start Date and End Date. I would like to be able to print the worksheet and display the Start Date and End Date the user typed in. Thank you for your assistance. ...

hyperlink open in a new page
After reading all the other posts, and inserting "HTML Code Fragment" here's my prob. I don't want folks to see the actual HTML text. I got a pic of a calendar, and, I want it to simply open my yah00 calendar in another window. I've figured out how to patch a pic to a link, but (of course) I want it to open in a new window, again, without the HTML text being visible. What am I missing? Reference: Create a hyperlink in Publisher that opens in a new window: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HA011587451033.aspx Use the ECMAScript code approach, and insert ...

Locating a number for a MS office
I have lost the boklet that accompanies my CD. However, I am unable to locate a number to contact someone. Any thoughts. I think if you ever learned how to contact them directly, they'd put a hit out on you. (Seriously, visit the MS website and drill down through the tech support area until you find the numbers you need. Good luck.) -- The problem with resting on your laurels is that eventually you are sitting on dead branches. JoAnn "ziggy" <ziggyzaggy@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:0a4c01c36747$0fb00a40$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have lost the boklet that...

Difference between Publish and Save As Web Page in Excel 2002
I am trying to find aout the differences between using the Publish button in Save as Web Page and using Save in there. I have seen that when I use Save, it saves the Named ranges as bookmarks where Publish saves them as cell references. Can you tell me why and if there are any other differences I may need to know Hi, when you publish, the result can be viewed as an excel web page, whereas if you "save as web page", it just makes an xml sheet. Save As only allows one sheet in the workbook whereas publish allows more. - mark >-----Original Message----- >I am trying t...

Multiple DHCP servers
I have 2 DHCP servers setup in my domain using the 80/20 rule that Microsoft recommends. I have problems with the 2nd DHCP server however, because it continues to run out of available address leases as it would appear clients default to pulling their addresses from the DHCP server with fewer addresses. Is there a way to default clients to pull their address from a specific DHCP server first and when unavailable, from the second DHCP server? Hi JT Welcome to the Microsoft Macintosh Office newsgroup. Personally, I would like my computers, refrigerator and heating system to each have th...

Attachments go multiple times
Outlook 2002 SP3 Win XP DSL connection When sending attachments the status pane shows "task 1 of 1" and there is a progress bar. When the progress bar reaches 100%, the status then goes to "task 2 of 2" with the progress bar starting again. This generally repeats itself several times before the message finally moves to the Sent Items folder. In the meantime, the recipient has received several copies of the message. Anyone know what is happening here, and how to stop it? Cheers, ...

Importing multiple identities from Express to Outlook
Help! I have been able to import everything from my main identity from Outlook Express to Outlook, but cannot figure out how to import from my other identity. Please Help! Thanks! bay157 <bay157@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Help! I have been able to import everything from my main identity > from Outlook Express to Outlook, but cannot figure out how to import > from my other identity. Please Help! Thanks! Make the other identity the main identity and then you'll be able to import that. Remember to export mail mesasges from Outlook Express. Do not import m...