How do I break URL address over two lines?

I am trying to enter website addresses into footnotes and Word automatically
forces the footnote onto a separate line. I need to conform to certain
aditing requirements and want the url to start right after the citation and
continue on to however many lines are necessary, but not leave a gap because
it starts the url on a separate line in the footnote. Help please.

In the edit hyperlink dialog, put the URI  in both the Address and Text-to-
display boxes.  That way you can use a space or linebreak to wrap the display
text to the next line without affecting the hyperlink ability. Hyphens will
work too, but that might be misleading to readers who have to type the URI.

Pam

djhintze wrote:
>I am trying to enter website addresses into footnotes and Word automatically
>forces the footnote onto a separate line. I need to conform to certain
>aditing requirements and want the url to start right after the citation and
>continue on to however many lines are necessary, but not leave a gap because
>it starts the url on a separate line in the footnote. Help please.

Pamelia
11/23/2009 9:12:46 PM
In Word 2000 and above, you can make a hyperlink wrap by inserting a
zero-width space character immediately after a delimiter character
(such as a forward slash).  You must create the hyperlink first and
then insert the zero-width space, otherwise the hyperlink won't work.

If you have non-printing characters displayed, the zero-width space
displays as a bordered box.

Cheryl

On Nov 23, 12:16=A0pm, djhintze <djhin...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> I am trying to enter website addresses into footnotes and Word automatica=
lly
> forces the footnote onto a separate line. I need to conform to certain
> aditing requirements and want the url to start right after the citation a=
nd
> continue on to however many lines are necessary, but not leave a gap beca=
use
> it starts the url on a separate line in the footnote. Help please.

0
Cheryl