How do I break URL address over two lines?

I am trying to enter website addresses into footnotes and Word automatically
forces the footnote onto a separate line. I need to conform to certain
aditing requirements and want the url to start right after the citation and
continue on to however many lines are necessary, but not leave a gap because
it starts the url on a separate line in the footnote. Help please.

In the edit hyperlink dialog, put the URI  in both the Address and Text-to-
display boxes.  That way you can use a space or linebreak to wrap the display
text to the next line without affecting the hyperlink ability. Hyphens will
work too, but that might be misleading to readers who have to type the URI.

Pam

djhintze wrote:
>I am trying to enter website addresses into footnotes and Word automatically
>forces the footnote onto a separate line. I need to conform to certain
>aditing requirements and want the url to start right after the citation and
>continue on to however many lines are necessary, but not leave a gap because
>it starts the url on a separate line in the footnote. Help please.

Pamelia
11/23/2009 9:12:46 PM
In Word 2000 and above, you can make a hyperlink wrap by inserting a
zero-width space character immediately after a delimiter character
(such as a forward slash).  You must create the hyperlink first and
then insert the zero-width space, otherwise the hyperlink won't work.

If you have non-printing characters displayed, the zero-width space
displays as a bordered box.

Cheryl

On Nov 23, 12:16=A0pm, djhintze <djhin...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> I am trying to enter website addresses into footnotes and Word automatica=
lly
> forces the footnote onto a separate line. I need to conform to certain
> aditing requirements and want the url to start right after the citation a=
nd
> continue on to however many lines are necessary, but not leave a gap beca=
use
> it starts the url on a separate line in the footnote. Help please.

0
Cheryl

Can't go off line due to missing rights on queue
Hi Everyone, I currently have a user that is trying to take the CRM application offline and they are receiving the following error message "Can't go off line due to missing rights on queue". I have checked the user permissions - everything appears to be fine. Any thought or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Regards, A. Akin This is just because you have a user role that has no rights to the queue entity on core records.. At least on my part it worked... Check also the business unit that queue has been linked. Br, Mikko "awakin" wrote: >...

Global Address Change
Hi I have a quick question which I need assistance with. We would need the addresses of our contacts to automatically change when the address of a related account changes. Is this possible? I assume that I would need to use the OnChange event of the account form and that it would quite a complex bit of jscript. I am correct or is there an easier method. I was considering using a workflow rule, is this maybe easier? Appreciate any assitance. Many Thanks Mark Hi I forgot to mention that we are running CRM 3.0. I know that this can be done very easily in CRM 4.0 using workflow. Of cours...

how to change font size of datalabels of two charts in a sheet
hey guys i have two charts in a sheet how to change the font size and AutoScaleFont of datalabels in them through VBA?? -- amrezzat ------------------------------------------------------------------------ amrezzat's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28766 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=540051 The required syntax is discoverable using the macro recorder. The final result would look something like this: For Each chtob In ActiveSheet.ChartObjects For Each srs In chtob.Chart.SeriesCollection If srs.HasData...

Difference Between Custom Address List and Global Address List
Any one could able to tell me exactly the difference between Custom Address list (which can be created under All Address List) and Gloab Address List on Exchange Server 2003??? On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 05:48:33 -0800, N.Raja <NRaja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Any one could able to tell me exactly the difference between Custom Address >list (which can be created under All Address List) and Gloab Address List on >Exchange Server 2003??? Custom lists allow you to filter and create views based upon specific attributes. ...

Microsoft Exchange offline address book 0X8004010F
I have posted this earlier but some of you may not able to understand what I was saying because .. i was pretty much upset during that time. Below is the complete scenario. Hope to get feedback, thanks. "Microsoft Exchange offline address book 0X8004010F" As written in 2 KB articles as "nature by design" for Outlook 2003, they also published workarounds for the problems. KB 822444 - Windows 2000 server KB 275171 - Windows 2003 server #They are basically the same, its just that you do not need to type 0x for 2003. My problem is, it fails for windows 2003 se...

Outlook address book won't allow me to create entries!?!
I just did a reformat and reinstallation of XP Pro and installed Office 2003. Before reformatting I saved my (Outlook.pst) and imported it. I show contacts when I look in contacts but when I go to send an email and click(TO:) there are no addresses. When I bring up the address book to confirm/add entries it says (You cannot create entries for this address book). I have addresses in XP's regular address book. How do get outlook to see and use either Windows default address book or the contacts I have in Outlook? All very confusing I know, but any help would be greatly appreciated! N...

newbie trying to get on line
testing to see if I connect this time You connected. "Hugh Stanley" <HughStanleyCM@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:p9i002tbesa3u8ju30aohmbhhrunjfgcsh@4ax.com... > testing to see if I connect this time ...

Big Mystery
A friend has Outlook 2000 and Outlook Express on computer with Windows ME. She just noticed that there were 8 entries in her address book that she did not put in. All that was there was an email address and the same email address for the name - 8 different entries. Anyone experience something like that? How could that happen? Thanks in advance for any help. Does she use Outlook or Outlook Express for her email? If she uses Outlook, See Help, About in outlook- does it say internet mode or corporate/workgroup? Is this someone she replied to? There is a feature in Internet mode and ...

moving 450 active e-mail addresses from Excel to Outlook Express
i want to copy 450 E-mail addresses(active) from Excel to Outlook Express where they will be used to form various Groups. How do I copy/move these addresses? Hi AFAIK Outlook can import *.csv files -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "ragman10" <ragman10@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:EE7E24D0-B7EE-4741-8B2F-D00223A3916C@microsoft.com... > i want to copy 450 E-mail addresses(active) from Excel to Outlook Express > where they will be used to form various Groups. How do I copy/move these > addresses? ...

Rename my "Custom 8" column in Address book ?
Hi, I have a "custom 8" column in my address book, and I would like to rename it... How can I do that ? THX Dennis Denis Forgues <denisforgues@cox.net> wrote: > Hi, > > I have a "custom 8" column in my address book, and I would like to rename > it... > > How can I do that ? Check in the Entourage group where you posted the same question. You should find an answer there ;-)) Corentin -- --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ --- http://www.mvps.org - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com MVP...

Sales Line Item Distribution Entry
You can no longer tab/enter between account lines in the window. After entering the last segment and hitting tab, you should go to the next line - similar to entering posting accounts. This also occurs in the account entry windows for cards. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree&quo...

Need a chart with vertical bar and line
Hello, I need a chart that has both a vertical bar graph and a line connecting points. I've been unable to figure out how to do this from the chart options, as there are options for vertical bar graphs, and options for line graphs, but never both at the same time. Would appreciate any suggestions, Thanks Keith Hi Keith, Create a bar chart based on all your data. Then select one of the bars that you want to plot as a line. Right click and choose chart type. Select a line chart. Keith wrote: > Hello, > I need a chart that has both a vertical bar graph and a > line conne...

Hide group addresses
I have a group list of of 20 names. How do I hide the names and addresses so that the twenty people doesn't get all the other 19 addresses when an e-mail is sent out to the group? Thanks, Frank. Place the distribution list in the BCC (Blind Carbon Copy) field when sending "FJ Shepley & JM Pfohl" <fshepley@netscape.ca> wrote in message news:43231c6a_1@netscape.ca... >I have a group list of of 20 names. > How do I hide the names and addresses so that the twenty people doesn't > get > all the other 19 addresses when an e-mail is sent out to the grou...

Keyboard Shortcut for Inserting a Page Break
Is there a keyboard shortcut to insert a page break? Hi Tandy As far as I know there is no shortcut You can use a macro like this and run it from a button ActiveSheet.HPageBreaks.Add Before:=Cells(ActiveCell.Row, 1) -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Tandy" <Tandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D007DDF-A247-4DE8-B85F-4EDA66278A0A@microsoft.com... > Is there a keyboard shortcut to insert a page break? Hi Tandy, You would have to create your own macro and shortcut http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?threadm=370007f4.25720598%40ne...

Adding LDAP entries to the Global Address List
I have two exchange 2003 sp1 servers in a a front end and back end configuration running on windows 2003 sp?. I'm running window 2003 ADS. My organization exist in a bigger network environment that uses LDAP server for directory services. My questions, is there a way that I can include the LDAP server information along with the Global Address List. Sort of like configuring a mail clients to pull information from an LDAP server. Is this even possible? "thutchin" <thutchin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have two exchange 2003 sp1 servers in a a front end...

company.local address mess
I need to sovle an email address configuration mess that is causing numerous undelivered/bounced emails from our corporate system. I believe the issue stems from having given the server the domain abccompany.local instead of abccompany.com. We own and deliver all our real-world email to abccompany.com, but some emails and all appointment invitations seem to be from email address 'name@abccompany.local', which obviously fails to deliver when it hits the real world. My setup is: >Small Business Server 2000 - (15 users) > server was named ABCServer.ABCcompany.local ...

Outlook 2007: Paste
Hello, I know this question has been asked a few times, but I still do not feel I've read a clear explaination. When I see external or internal names in the To line, somtimes they are like Smith, Tom <Tom.Smith@email.com>; Smith, Becky <Becky.Smith@email.com> And if I select them, right click copy, and go into the message body and click paste, it only pastes the display name. I'm not trying to recreate a distribution list. I'm not trying to recover lost contacts. I work with a lot of vendors and act as a bridge between the business and IT, and often I hav...

line of best fit/reading values from graphs
i have excel 2003 and am trying to create graphs for an electronics lab write up. I have entered information into a table and created scatter diagrams etc but i want to put on a line of best fit. The trendline function does not work well enough for what i want, and i remember there being an option for a line of best fit on an older version of the program. is there a way to do it? The reason i am asking is because i want to read off values from my graph, i.e. on a voltage vs frequency graph i want to know what the frequency would theoretically be at 0.707 volts. if i can not create a bes...

can i save an existing .xls file as a .csv file using command line
I have an .xls file that I want to convert to a .csv file using the command line. Is this possible? Try this: ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _ "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop\Book1.csv", FileFormat:=xlCSV "craigkan" wrote: > I have an .xls file that I want to convert to a .csv file using the command > line. Is this possible? this code does not work from the command line. if i go to my excel directory i can run C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11>excel.exe filename.xls which will open filename.xls, but i can't figure out h...

organising data from lines in word to excel columns #2
I have a word doc which contains lines of text that are formatted into sections like this: Page: Page Name Title: Page Title URL: www.page.com/page-name/ MetaKeywords: keyword 1, keyword 2, keyword 3 Metadescription: Page desc.. There are many of these in the doc that I have which I can copy and paste as plain text into excel but I then need to format them into columns likes so: Page Title URL MetaKeywords Metadescription Page Name Page Title www.page.com/page-name/ keyword 1, keyword 2, keyword 3 Page descr... Does anyo...

How do I best pass data between two programs.
I have a program that receives data from a serial port. No transmit. I want to build a separate program that will run on the same PC that also needs to receive the same serial port data. No transmit. I figured one program would pass data to the other program. I could use a TCP socket to localhost. This would be easy. Is there a better way? "Paco" <paco_beams@gmail.com> wrote in message news:UbwLi.1053$ua4.736@newssvr22.news.prodigy.net... >I have a program that receives data from a serial port. No transmit. I want >to build a separate program that will run on th...

Can i view two inboxes at the same time
the question says it all. I have a main account at work that people can specifically e-mail me, but because i am an admin assistant another has been set up so people can e-mail that one to ask me to do certain jobs and order stationery etc. it is used between 3 people to see the content. i was wondering if there is an option to have my personal e-mail for work and the admin assistant one open at the same time Is the secondary mailbox added to your profile or do you just have rights to see and respond to the in-box? What version of Outlook and have you asked your mail admin at work to...

compare two columns and pull out differences
I have two columns of numbers. I want to know the numbers that do not have a match or are not in both columns. But I need all of each column to be compared to all of the other column...not cell by cell. It would be great if I could pull out the differences and put them in a different column. Looking at two long lists of numbers to pull out the different number is very time consuming! Thanks for any help you can give me! To check column A against column B: =IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(A2,B:B,0)),"",A2) vice versa: =IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(B2,A:A,0)),"",B2) Any number lis...

Address book lookup settings
I'm trying to figure out how to change the contact folders that the find box looks at when searching for a name. I have 3 contacts folders. One is my standard contacts folder and the other two are in public folders on our exchange server. The two on the server are very large and take a long time to do the lookup. I rarely need the information in those two but when I try to lookup a name, outlook searches all three. I just want to search the regular one. Nevermind. I figured it out. FYI. Go to the contacts folder you do or don't want and right click to properties. Go to the O...

Graphing two sets of comparative data over quarters for several places
Hello, I am trying to graph some statistics that look like this: REGION DERBY LINCOLNSHIRE CLEVELAND NEWCASTLE LANCASHIRE SHEFFIELD MANCHESTER HULL CUMBRIA Registered Users 1531 1102 959 1389 537 297 Visitors 1085 619 774 5098 TOTAL 2616 1102 1578 1389 1311 297 5098 Quarterly Target 400 1000 250 1250 750 Annual Target 1600 4000 1000 5000 3000 Registered Users 564 746 1744 1623 3712 378 0 276 223 Visitors 1087 0 1905 TOTAL 1651 746 1744 1623 3712 378 0 2181 223 Quarterly Target 400 1000 250 1250 0 750 0 0 0 Annual Target 1600 4000 1000 5000 0 3000 0 0 0 Es...